Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:52:15 PM EDT
[#1]
It's to make it easier to find the gay sex spots behind the public park bathrooms at night.

Brodozer bro-down brokkake.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:58:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Actual Go Lights in my area are only on Search and Rescue vehicles, and sometimes on returning MRAP's before they get de-milled and "sold" to local police departments. As for LED light bars and lots of KC Daylighters, they are usually on the poser vehicles.
Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:58:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Dumb question:  can you get IR illuminator light bars like that, then drive slowly through the sticks with NODS on?

Link Posted: 12/19/2014 11:59:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Is it the the new light bar? These Go Lights or whatever they are called.
How many people actually use them? Is it a status symbol?
View Quote

I use mine 2 or 3 times a week.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 12:02:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dumb question:  can you get IR illuminator light bars like that, then drive slowly through the sticks with NODS on?

View Quote

Yea, there is an archived post with a member that got one.

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=6&f=18&t=300388

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:09:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Baja Designs makes combo IR/White LED bars also.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 3:18:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Timely thread thinking about putting on on my truck for security side jobs. Does the suction mount work ok?
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 3:31:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I think those giant KC lights from the 80's need to make a comeback. The ones with the yellow covers.

View Quote

Yep!!!
KC Daylighters were the shit.

Bolt up 6 on a Bed bar and turn the night into day...until a damn tree limb peels the fuckers right off, and you're out 600 bucks.

I always went with lights on the push bar. Bambi and chunks of ice would kill them, but less often than trees.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:23:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Every redneck high school kid here has one.

Around here is vague Mr USA.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Status symbol?

You see them on work trucks around here.

Around here it screams daddy's money. It's funny being much older now when I see the one truck in the parking lot (a very early 90's truck) dented, ball in the bed, fresh hay netting balled up under the tool box, I know that kid earned his light. Parked next to this truck will be some 2013-14 bull dogged chevy with the light, and yeti, salt life, river life,4 grand in tires, that kid did not pay for his.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:37:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Gotta light up the road while driving to the mall, yo

http://i.imgur.com/aja2vRx.jpg
View Quote

What the fuck is that?  Mobile AIDS?  

I was pondering a single LED bar on my truck but after seeing that picture,  I'm out.  I do need some rear mounted light action though...  I hate having to point a surefire out the window when I'm backing up in the mountain range.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 9:39:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Not my truck but you mean this OP?

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:02:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Timely thread thinking about putting on on my truck for security side jobs. Does the suction mount work ok?
View Quote

The ones I've see use a magnet. A very strong magnet.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 10:59:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It's deer season.
View Quote

Bragging rights at the deer camp keep our economy alive.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:03:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I think those giant KC lights from the 80's need to make a comeback. The ones with the yellow covers.

View Quote

I saw a pair hacked into the front of a brand new Focus ST, Rally car bro
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:49:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If they're on a Tundra that looks like it belongs on a showroom floor, with a salt life and yeti cooler sticker on the rear window, it's never been off road, and it's a status symbol for wannabe redneck Bros.
View Quote

Mostly that around here.  I know a few serious off-roaders and they have less lights than the never-been offroad light machines.  At the typical hard core off-road speed, you just don't need that kind of light from the top of the vehicle since you're not really able to go very fast due to terrain.  Notable exceptions are the local rallye cars, which are on more predictable surfaces, they have very strong lights, but they keep them low.  Lights on the bumper are more effective than roof lights for their purpose.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:42:03 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Mostly that around here.  I know a few serious off-roaders and they have less lights than the never-been offroad light machines.  At the typical hard core off-road speed, you just don't need that kind of light from the top of the vehicle since you're not really able to go very fast due to terrain.  Notable exceptions are the local rallye cars, which are on more predictable surfaces, they have very strong lights, but they keep them low.  Lights on the bumper are more effective than roof lights for their purpose.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If they're on a Tundra that looks like it belongs on a showroom floor, with a salt life and yeti cooler sticker on the rear window, it's never been off road, and it's a status symbol for wannabe redneck Bros.

Try trail finding in the desert and on slick rock without high mounted lights.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:53:26 PM EDT
[#17]
One fellow was doing some midnight harvesting in my area.  I didn't bother to call the game warden (what for?  No one is on duty and no one could get there in time anyway).
They can be useful for legitimate reasons, like trying to spot a house address at night (if you don't have a GPS).  For police vehicles, they're good to shine into the mirrors of the vehicle you're stopping.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:55:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Uncovered lights are illegal on the road.  For good reason.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 1:56:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If they're on a scratched up, dented and muddy truck, they've been used for their purpose.

View Quote

BOOM
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 2:02:50 PM EDT
[#20]

We had those things on my gun truck in Iraq, damn nice to have.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 2:08:04 PM EDT
[#21]

It's the truck version of this.

Link Posted: 12/20/2014 2:11:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
They fit into one of three categories:1) They honestly use them off road out in the field.
2) They have never been and don't even know how to off road - but some day hope to.
3) They are for show only, they are hipsters that use DE shavers and never ever plan on being off road, they are as fake as they come.
View Quote

No different then what guys do with thier ARs. Some tapco them while others. Uh nicer stuff. Some for show and some are for function .
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 2:13:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
That old yota is sweet.  
View All Quotes

That's from the movie Back to the Future.  I recognize it as I remember seeing it as a kid and hoping to have a truck just like that when I got old enough to drive.  It was a sweet looking truck back then.  I never got one, but I did put a pair of those KC lights with the yellow smiley faces on my first truck

As for the OP, I see those spot lights on work trucks around here all the time.  The guys with the jacked up jeeps and Silverados all have the LED light bars.  Those and Yeti cooler stickers are the current fad as far as cool guy truck accessories.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 7:46:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Uncovered lights are illegal on the road.  For good reason.
View Quote

I run an uncovered spotlight on the road several days a week in Texas.
Link Posted: 12/20/2014 11:55:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That's from the movie Back to the Future.  I recognize it as I remember seeing it as a kid and hoping to have a truck just like that when I got old enough to drive.  It was a sweet looking truck back then.  I never got one, but I did put a pair of those KC lights with the yellow smiley faces on my first truck

As for the OP, I see those spot lights on work trucks around here all the time.  The guys with the jacked up jeeps and Silverados all have the LED light bars.  Those and Yeti cooler stickers are the current fad as far as cool guy truck accessories.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's actually a clone of the one in the movie, but is still totally awesome

Or should I say
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:03:56 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Status symbol?

You see them on work trucks around here.

They got to have the Drake and Yeti stickers also, camo interiors are also in vogue.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:13:05 AM EDT
[#27]
This big bastard is going on the Jeep...

Hate on, haters.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:25:56 AM EDT
[#28]

That's what he means but I guess that doesn't matter.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 12:42:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Speaking of light bars. The other night some fuck stick had one mounted on a Jeep coming at me on a two lane highway, passing another vehicle on a double yellow line in MY lane on a slight curve and way too close and fast for comfort. Bright as fuck and totally fucking ruined my vision. God that pissed me off to no end.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top