Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/10/2004 5:42:29 AM EDT
What movie character (only ONE please!), best typifies your personality, or what happens to you in real life?

In my case, it is Patton as played by George C. Scott. VERY, VERY good as a commander (i.e. - technical skills), but not very politic and dispised and put into the doghouse by those who are, either because they fear he's right or because he makes them look bad. Oh, and he's usually proven to have been right after all, BTW...

Tough, outspoken, and single-minded in his quest for victory (success) and excellence, and no time whatsoever for the pansies who like to play games. Same goes for my opinions on the WOT, for that matter...

I was struck by the similarity watching him this weekend.....

Anyway, what about you? Note that I'm talking about the portrayal of the person in a movie, not necessarily the actual person. They don't always match!
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 5:53:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Bluto -- Animal House.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 5:55:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Dirk Giggler, so I've been told.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 5:57:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Erwin Rommel but my frends say i am like Jack Torrince and/or Snideley Whiplash from dudley do right
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 5:57:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Tony Soprano

Mostly I look like him and I need prozac
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 5:57:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Dante from Clerks
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 5:58:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Not as good a shot.  But I like to think I have the same respectability and view of the world.

Link Posted: 8/10/2004 5:58:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Walter Mitty.

Link Posted: 8/10/2004 5:58:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:06:25 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dante from Clerks

I thought you weren't supposed to be here today?

Im not.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:25:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Han Solo!

Rough around the edges, good at what he does, sarcastic and can be a real smart ass at times.  Also very loyal to friends and will do the right thing even when he sometimes doesn't want to.

Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:30:20 AM EDT
[#11]
The best fit for me is Johnny Hinshaw from Airplane.

"I can make a hat, or a brooch, or a pterodactyl..."
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:31:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Come on guys, be honest..........................

Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:33:47 AM EDT
[#13]
The main character from the movie, "Falling Down".
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:35:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Jesus from "The Passion"
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:37:20 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Jesus from "The Passion"

RRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHTTTTTTTT.

Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:47:19 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
The main character from the movie, "Falling Down".

Beat me to it!

It was on last night too.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 6:57:46 AM EDT
[#17]
"There are some who call me... Tim?"

ET - for MP&THG quote accuracy
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:00:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:04:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Billy Bob Thornton in Bad Santa.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:08:28 AM EDT
[#20]
I am told that I am exactly like a charachter in the movie Office Space. I dont know which one though. I believe he is a smart-ass jerk though.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:10:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Will Munny.

"You better bury Ned right! You better not cut up, or otherwise harm no whores ... or I'll come back and kill every one of you sons of bitches."
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:15:24 AM EDT
[#22]
I was told, working as a line bouncer one day, that I looked like Lt. Dan from Forest Gump.  Cute.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:17:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Josey Wales, or that guy on Tremors with all the guns
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:19:50 AM EDT
[#24]
The post-hypnosis main character from Office Space
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:22:35 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I was told, working as a line bouncer one day, that I looked like Lt. Dan from Forest Gump.  Cute.

Wow...you're pretty badass working as a bouncer with no legs.

Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:27:42 AM EDT
[#26]
the young Viet Cong named "HO" in THE IRON TRIANGLE 1988 by Scotti Brothers, starring Beu Bridges & Liem Whatley
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:28:33 AM EDT
[#27]
Doc Holiday

Only because I'm good at whisky cup twirling.

GM
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:33:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Well it may sound cheesy but I can relate to SSG Eversmann from Black Hawk Dawn because as a soldier I tend to over worry about whether I am doing a good job, and keeping my soldiers happy and out of trouble and so I tend to get a little unsteady on my feet and let my insecurities get ahead of my better judgement and then everything goes FUBAR! Honesty's a bitch!
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:37:16 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I am told that I am exactly like a charachter in the movie Office Space. I dont know which one though. I believe he is a smart-ass jerk though.  

Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:39:07 AM EDT
[#30]
Father Day, from Life With Father, which debuted in 1947 and has been on TV for decades.  Now redone in color.  Very funny movie rendition of the famous book by Clarence Day Jr. about his family's life with his blustery, conservative, loud, somewhat pedantic, know-it-all, but very loving father, who put family above all.

Our household has much in common with the Day household.  

Early in my life...I guess I was a bit like "White Boy" Chris in Platoon....you know..."The Crusader".

Anyway...my best guess.
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:39:57 AM EDT
[#31]
In high school lots of folks said I reminded them of the Christian Slater character in Heathers or the Judd Nelson character in Breakfast Club.

Now I have no idea.  Are you looking for who we most identify with, or who we come across as?

Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:40:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Mikey from swingers, but i have yet to find my Heather Graham
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:40:42 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow...you're pretty badass working as a bouncer with no legs.

No shit.

[black knight]Running away eh?  You yellow bastard, Come back here and take what's coming to you.  I'll bite your legs off! [/black knight]
Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:42:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Supra-Genius.

Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:43:35 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm John Kerry in those vietnam vids!!!!

Link Posted: 8/10/2004 7:44:52 AM EDT
[#36]
well not to brag but....

Link Posted: 8/16/2004 12:48:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Fred Boynton from Barcelona.  I sort of look like him, definitely have the same personality and character flaws.

Ted’s cousin Fred is a navy lieutenant (j.g.) and patriotic, though like Ted a bit peculiar. He is a hero in military dress (shocking in 1994 to the Vietnam-obsessed elites). Proud of his uniform, he spouts what he terms the “fighting-for-freedom, defending-democracy, shining-city-on-the-hill stuff—which, as you know, I really buy.”

He fits the European stereotype of Americans as pushy and monomaniacal. Uninvited, he moves in to Ted’s house and won’t take Ted’s graceful hint to leave. He likes to “borrow” things without asking, often returning them less than intact. Though patriotic, he is shockingly ignorant of American history. And he loves being provocative. Many might find him obnoxious—but he’s too funny and ironic. Here is the best and the worst of America.

Fred is the ultimate B.S. detector, puncturing European faux sophistication and prejudices with sardonic élan. Europeans may say that we’re naive, compared with their seen-it-all worldliness, but Fred sends up their own credulousness with a ludicrous story about Ted that plays on their stereotypical illusions. Ted “may seem like a typical American, like a big, unsophisticated child,” Fred whispers to some Spanish girls, watching Ted dance, “but he’s far more complex than that. . . . Ted’s a great admirer of de Sade and a follower of Dr. Johnson’s. . . . You see that odd expression on his face? . . . Well, underneath the apparently normal clothes he’s wearing are these narrow leather straps, drawn taut, so that when he dances. . . . ” The girls lap it up and, when Ted returns, snuggle close.

For all their naiveté, Barcelona’s American heroes are, in Stillman’s view, forces for good, serving freedom and free markets. But the illusions of the movie’s Europeans are a darker matter, for they help create a pervasive, reflexive anti-Americanism that is ultimately extremely dangerous.

Remarkably prescient, Barcelona could easily be set in modern-day Old Europe. Fred and Ted are up against the clichéd condescension that I recognize from life in London. There’s the usual damning with faint praise—“You’re very intelligent for an American”—and the endless drivel in the foreign media. “The things they say about us,” Fred exclaims over the papers. “I know we’re not supposed to take it seriously, but after a while it really hurts.”

Barcelona’s ironically dismissive depiction of anti-Americanism’s irrationality amusingly deflates it. Fred deals summarily with political nonsense. “I think it’s well known that anti-Americanism has its roots in sexual impotence,” he opines, “at least in Europe.” As he walks down the street with Ted, wearing his uniform, a scruffy group accosts him with “facha”—fascist. Really, Ted explains, this abuse is just an immature platitude: “You comb your hair, you wear a coat and tie—you’re facha; military uniform, definitely facha.” To no avail. Fred is overwrought: “So facha is something good then,” he replies sarcastically, “because if they were referring to the political movement Benito Mussolini led, I would be very offended. Men wearing this uniform died ridding Europe of fascism.”

Ted explains with good, nonjudgmental multilateralism: “This is not our country; we’re guests here. . . . There’s a lot of anti-NATO feeling here. . . . Actually here it’s OTAN.” Fred cuts straight through such wimpiness to assert the worth of American foreign policy. “They’re against OTAN? What are they for—Soviet troops racing across Europe, eating all the croissants?” As Stillman notes, there really are only two choices.

Stillman treats this anti-Americanism, initially, as the foible of irresponsible, decadent people. Marta, Fred’s erstwhile girlfriend, is one case study. Gorgeous and charming at first, in a ditzy, bombshell way, Marta ingenuously buys the anti-U.S. rubbish that Stillman says he was “pickled in” when he lived in Barcelona for a few years in the mid-eighties. Not terribly bright—she assumes Fred’s navy uniform is a fancy-dress costume—she spouts every contradictory anti-American cliché with word-perfect stupidity: “What would it be like to live in America, with all its crime, consumerism, and vulgarity—all those loud, badly dressed, fat people, watching their 80 channels of television and visiting shopping malls? The plastic, throw-everything-away society, with its notorious violence and racism and, finally, the total lack of culture.”

The fact that she’s dating a thin, dashing American doesn’t figure in her calculations. Nor, it seems, does her own experience of America, where she studied English. Fred asks her, “When you lived in Rhode Island, was the crime and vulgarity really so bad?” She simply smokes and shrugs—which I take as a no. Her anti-Americanism is just a fashionable attitude, irresponsible and unrelated to fact or observation.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 12:53:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Tony Soprano, cause I dress like him, balding and I take Prozac
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 1:07:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 1:13:33 AM EDT
[#40]

Kurt Russell in Big Trouble in Little China  
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 1:18:36 AM EDT
[#41]
The Patriot...

I'm the guy that gets his head blown off by the bouncing cannonball.

Sometimes... yea... that's me.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 2:00:03 AM EDT
[#42]
NO QUESTION
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 2:05:10 AM EDT
[#43]
<----------See my avatar. Add a mustache. That's me.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 2:06:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 2:16:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Ummmm errrrr well I have no idea.

Compared to you lot im like bloody croc dundee.  I like my big knives, im a crazy fucker, you lot dont understand what I say when im speaking normally, I dont get alot of yank culture
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 2:20:34 AM EDT
[#46]

SGatr15
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 2:42:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs.

I often tuck my junk between my legs and dance around the house. Oh, and I skin fat chicks too.

Link Posted: 8/16/2004 3:22:32 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
The best fit for me is Johnny Hinshaw from Airplane.

"I can make a hat, or a brooch, or a pterodactyl..."

Fag...  j/k

S.O.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 3:41:09 AM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 8/16/2004 3:45:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Well since you have asked

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top