User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:52:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Spetnaz
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:04:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I know we have certain Arfcommers that love to knob-slobber certain military units, and I know we have certain Arfcommers that love to bash certain units...  hence this poll.  Who is most overrated?

View Quote

You should have had a place to vote USAF security forces...that would have been my pick

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:28:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Why isn't ARFCOMPR an option?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:43:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Because ARFCOM has flat feet, too tall, are no gov't yes men, and would never serve under Obama
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:45:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You should have had a place to vote USAF security forces...that would have been my pick

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know we have certain Arfcommers that love to knob-slobber certain military units, and I know we have certain Arfcommers that love to bash certain units...  hence this poll.  Who is most overrated?

Somebody has to rate you highly to be overrated.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:47:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Spetsnaz, because I ain't scared of no damn Russkies!
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:49:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit. I giggle at the amount of talk about them(us) here.  I guess some folks HAVE to have something to whine about or look down on.  

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:52:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I voted Cav.

You already have Mechanized Infantry units, both heavy and medium.  At the very least, a M2A3 can hold 7 tightly packed goons, whereas the M3 still only has room for 2 guys in seats in the back.
View Quote

M7 BFIST combat recliner for the hull comfort win.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 2:53:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Anyone who has had a U.S. Navy ARG parked over their horizon would not think the USMC is overrated.

Edit;

For those that don't know what an ARG is; It's a shit ton of floating whoop ass.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amphibious_ready_group

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 3:45:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I voted Cav.

You already have Mechanized Infantry units, both heavy and medium.  At the very least, a M2A3 can hold 7 tightly packed goons, whereas the M3 still only has room for 2 guys in seats in the back.

Didn't happen to go through the BFIST school at Sill in 2012, did you?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:12:27 PM EDT
[#11]
ISIS ISIL or whatever they're calling themselves this week.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:18:31 PM EDT
[#12]
what ever this bitch is in

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:19:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
marines
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:27:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:33:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

No shit. I giggle at the amount of talk about them(us) here.  I guess some folks HAVE to have something to whine about or look down on.    

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

At least you aren't RED HORSE.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:35:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I don't know, the last unit I was in had several prior service Marine infantry guys that didn't shoot better than 29 out of 40 on the Army pop up course.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will say this though the Corps God Bless them are the only remaining branch to teach riflery in a proper manner.

I don't know, the last unit I was in had several prior service Marine infantry guys that didn't shoot better than 29 out of 40 on the Army pop up course.

Get ready for some Arfcom military heresy:  its easier to shoot Expert on the USMC 500-meter KD course than it is to do the same on the US Army 300-meter pop up course.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:37:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:40:39 PM EDT
[#18]
I lived next door to a "retired" Force Recon guy for 2 years.  Not sure what he meant by "retired", since he was 31 years old, but he's about as loose a cannon as I have ever met.  A danger to himself....
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:46:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Get ready for some Arfcom military heresy:  its easier to shoot Expert on the USMC 500-meter KD course than it is to do the same on the US Army 300-meter pop up course.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will say this though the Corps God Bless them are the only remaining branch to teach riflery in a proper manner.

Just cause they were 03 types doesn't mean they can shoot for shit. They probably rocked pizza boxes their entire enlistment and got super butt hurt when a pog took range high.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:47:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Added a new thread!

Hate cops too, here
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Poll FAIL.

No  NYPD  or  LAPD.

Added a new thread!

Hate cops too, here

WTF!!!
threads hating on military units are acceptable but a thread hating on cops isn't??
Seriously, WTF has this place come to?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:51:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I voted Cav.

Nope, a I'm a pog...

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:55:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Nope, a I'm a pog...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I voted Cav.

Nope, a I'm a pog...

So are FISTers.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 5:05:02 PM EDT
[#23]
I said my own branch.

Marines are pretty overrated and when it comes down to it, most can't PT or shoot themselves out of a wet paper bag.

It even happens in the 03 community.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 5:06:42 PM EDT
[#24]

Fucking cunt, hope she got the dog shit smoked out of her.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 5:07:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Voted marines just to be a dick
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 5:10:21 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I hope all you guys voting Salvation Army have a shitty Christmas.
View Quote

Just for that I'm going to give you a sense of humor for christmas.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 5:12:00 PM EDT
[#27]
I am gonna have to go with Iran's Revolutionary Guards.  I liken them to the Republican Guards but with more make believe shit.  

Of course, the most feared AF in the whole fuckin world is the IIRAF and their fleet of F-14A's.  Last I heard, they had 200 flyable Tomcats out of the original 79 we sent them and each one carried two Klingon Disruptors, 26 Phoenix missiles, and 8 .50 Cals.   Plus,  the pilots fired hand held phased plasma rifles in the 40 watt range at schoolchildren while flying Mach 4.  

Scary fuckin shit man, scary fuckin shit.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 5:31:20 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
They won't completely get rid of them...  too much history and lineage and plus that Fighting Seabees movie.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Y'all had best not say Texas State Guard.

Son of a bitch!  I forgot to put SeaBees on the list.

Better take your shots at us while we still exist

They won't completely get rid of them...  too much history and lineage and plus that Fighting Seabees movie.

Shit, 2AD had two generations of Pattons running it, an Oscar winning movie, and still got shut down.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 5:56:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe not but they know what the little knob is for and had to hit the black at 500yds.. I've had soldiers tell me Im full of shit because 5.56 wont go that far when I tell them the sorriest female admin clerk had to get it in the black at 500 to make it off parris island. The army pop up system is a fun little game though.

I voted cav because in 8yrs delpoyed between the Corps and coctracting the 1st Cav was the biggest shitshow I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 5:56:10 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Shit, 2AD had two generations of Pattons running it, an Oscar winning movie, and still got shut down.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The Fighting Seabees was not exactly Oscar material.

If you want to vote on worst war movie then the Bees just might win
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 6:04:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really? I respectuflly disagree.  The army course is harder than abbreviated "pass/fail" shoot done by a lot of reserve and airwing units without access to good ranges but I felt the KD couse as shot at the bootcamps, quantico, stone bay etc were much harder. I will say that I never had to shoot the army qual for anything other than fun but I took it seriously out of respect to my hosts.  The time pressure makes it difficult but distances and target size mean there is no need for sight adjustmemts or wind reads. The Marine course is classic rifle position shooting.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 6:10:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Really? I respectuflly disagree.  The army course is harder than abbreviated "pass/fail" shoot done by a lot of reserve and airwing units without access to good ranges but I felt the KD couse as shot at the bootcamps, quantico, stone bay etc were much harder. I will say that I never had to shoot the army qual for anything other than fun but I took it seriously out of respect to my hosts.  The time pressure makes it difficult but distances and target size mean there is no need for sight adjustmemts or wind reads. The Marine course is classic rifle position shooting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've done both many times.  I can say with confidence that I can shoot Expert on a KD course any day of the week without breaking a sweat.  The time pressure on the Army course makes it harder in my opinion.  Another aspect is that the KD course provides feedback...  if you are mis reading the wind or your zero is not as good as you thought, you can fix yourself on the USMC course.  Your just fucked on the popup range.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 6:15:45 PM EDT
[#33]
SEALS.  I meet SEALS at the gun show all the time and they're always overweight, mouth breathing, dimwits.  They must have really low standards.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 6:36:18 PM EDT
[#34]
How come everyone I know was either a SEAL or Marine?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 6:41:18 PM EDT
[#35]
I voted USMC only because "anything Israeli " was not an option.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 7:00:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 7:01:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

what's an "arfcompr"?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 7:03:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Anti-semite, eh?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 7:39:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

what's an "arfcompr"?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

what's an "arfcompr"?

The comptroller for Arfcom.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:47:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Anti-semite, eh?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anti-semite, eh?

How is that anti-semitism?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:50:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anti-semite, eh?

It's called read between the lines and he thinks anything Israeli is overrated.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:50:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Navy SEALs are over rated as fuck. From experience working with them, no more tactically proficient or squared away than most E6 infantry squad leaders I've known.

But again, Spetznaz wins.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:13:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Navy SEALs are over rated as fuck. From experience working with them, no more tactically proficient or squared away than most E6 infantry squad leaders I've known.

But again, Spetznaz wins.
View Quote

I am not saying this isn't true, but this, and other comments like this in this thread and others seem disingenuous, envious, and perhaps a bit jealous.  I know one Navy SEAL, but I have never served in combat, so my opinion on his (and their) operational proficiency and capabilities is a moot point.

I liken these comments to D1AA, or D2 football player who says: "yeah, those SEC skill players aren't that good," and: "those big 12 lineman don't impress me."  And these types of comments are always followed up with: "compared to the guys I played with...or against."    Really?  I see.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:21:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
87th Mess Kit Repair Battalion gets a lot talk but I think they are way over rated.

Wouldn't say that with them in the room though,
View Quote

Actually the 1027 Composite Provisional Underground Mess Kit Repair Unit. (Abn.)

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:23:19 PM EDT
[#45]

lol, for real yo.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:28:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
North Korea:

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r209/TurboBob/Military/NorthKoreanMilitaryMedals_zps7714ecd2.jpg

I know it's shopped, but I still laugh every time.
View Quote

how do you go to the bathroom with all that shit on???
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:36:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck yeah! Now this bitch is cooking with some gas!
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:44:02 PM EDT
[#48]
The Cav lol.

What was it again? The horse we never rode, the line we never crossed, the Color of our backs.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:48:00 PM EDT
[#49]
They put their lives on the line to protect mine and my freedom.

Overrated is not the word I would use for those who made sacrifices, some the ultimate sacrifice.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:50:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Honestly surprised that the SEALs aren't winning by a large margin.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top