Page / 8
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:16:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Page 2
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:16:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:16:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I was in my college advisor's office when I was an undergraduate studying electrical engineering.  The US had just resumed letting students from Communist China study in the US.

These students were all easily identified by their gray Mao suits.  There were three in the office when I walked in.  They started talking to me.

All three were here to learn about missile guidance systems.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:19:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I guy bought a $4000 single shot
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:19:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I saw bigfoot at about 8' away, in bright light. I looked into his eyes.  I also have a witness who saw him.

that's the damndest thing I've ever seen.....
View Quote

I believe you have spoken of this before on this forum.
would like to hear more.

scruff
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:21:51 PM EDT
[#6]
When I was 10 a friend of mine and I were were cutting through an apartment complex (The "Trade winds" in Pomona, CA)

and literally stepped on some dude's body at the bottom of some stairs (He'd had the shit stabbed out of him by an enraged

girlfriend) .

We continued on to the local 7-11 and found the guy's kids out front crying and saying that "Mommy killed Daddy".
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:23:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Watch a semi plow into train at 40mph as I was 1st in line parked at the tracks missed me by 6ft  derailed 34 cars
second one getting lost in CO at 11K in a white out and blizzard spent over 36 hr lost till they had people looking for me found me next to a HUGE fucking fire
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:25:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Sitting at Grand and Mission in PB, waiting for the signal to change. I was going to turn south on Mission .

Mid day, lunch time ish..

I notice a 64/65 Mustang ragtop heading south, cross into north bound traffic, go through the Jack in the Box parking lot,

Launch into the Jack in the Box sign, ala Dukes of Hazzard,  skim the top it , whilst plowing it over..

and plant firmly into the side of the beer truck, a car or two in front of me..

I watched the old man driving the mustang, his head bounced off the steering wheel..

Horrible to see..

Station 5(? not sure if I remember this right) is right there ..

apparently the old guy had a stroke.. nothing I could do
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:25:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Saw a girl I knew since the 1st grade lose a game of Russian roulette with a .44 magnum at a party when I was 16
View Quote

'Play stupid games ' for noobs
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:26:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like  tears... in... rain.
View Quote

That's what I was gonna post!
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:27:19 PM EDT
[#11]
I saw one of the boat's in our squadron do an emergency blow. It was a boomer, and I was amazed how far it came out of the water. I'll bet it was a wild ride for the guys inside. Later we had a National Guard helo pick up a pallet of "repair parts" from us and bring it to the boat. Pretty cool seeing a UH1 Huey doing a vertrep from my ship to the sub. Took them a long time to get things lined up on the sub. I'm guessing everybody was nervous.

I saw the captain of another ship almost "catch" the line throwing mushroom thing we fired to send lines across in order to get things set up for doing underway replenishment. If their bridge wing had railings instead of a solid piece of metal, he'd have been seriously injured. It was windy as hell, and I'll bet this was at least the 10th attempt. Everybody on the other ship had stopped paying attention and ducking. I was a phone talker on the bridge watching the shenanigans.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:27:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Goatse.  Yes, that is it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:29:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I went to Alabama to help with disaster damage assessment.

Looked like artillery took the town out.

http://imageshack.us/a/img864/9341/picture089i.jpg

View Quote

I was literally face to face with the April 27th tornado as it smashed Tuscaloosa. Had no warning. Heard people screaming and opened the door an there it was, about 100 yards away, if that. Thats probably the most incredible thing I have ever witnessed. How fast all that happened was unbelievable. Spent the next few days working with search and rescue... Sad day.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:31:08 PM EDT
[#14]
I saw a werewolf drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vic's. His hair was perfect.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:32:07 PM EDT
[#15]
This was in the early 80's. Dad was waiting in the left turn lane for a high school football game. There's a pickup truck in the middle of the road with some kids in the back. About a quarter of a mile away we see a car coming. It never stopped. Plowed right into the back tires and bed of the pickup, and those kids went flying.

I don't know why the guy in the truck didn't move. He was in the middle of the damn highway!

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:32:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Saw the inside of a guy's skull when he blew himself away right next to me at the range.

Saw it again a couple years later, same scenario.

Saw a kid (16) come into the ER with a self inflicted GSW to the head, and then saw his dirtbag family LAUGHING while they worked on the kid and with every compression fluid spurted from the hole and onto the floor. Even the Chaplain was close to beating some ass that day.

An infant with its face tore up because dad left it alone in a room with the family mastiff for "just a second". Died on the way out of the ER to the Life Flight.

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:33:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I went to Alabama to help with disaster damage assessment.

Looked like artillery took the town out.

http://imageshack.us/a/img864/9341/picture089i.jpg

View Quote

A forum member here and I went to assist others after the big one screamed through Alabama a few years back.  Those made for several extremely surreal days.  

A day after I met with the forum member I helped out with some other groups.

Lots of death and complete destruction.  Trees were reduced to nubs in the ground and entire neighborhoods looked like something out of a WW1 battle photo.

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:35:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Car hauler rear ended a tanker truck full of gasoline.    I was about 20 feet back of the truck that hit the tanker and could feel the heat of the gas igniting inside my air-conditioned cab of my truck.

I knew for about 2 or 3 seconds that the guy in the back wasn't going to be able to stop.   He was going at least 45ish and the truck he hit was doing around 20-25.    

Like out of a movie shit.     Guy in the car hauler died.  

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:35:30 PM EDT
[#19]
I was at Ramstein Air Force base during Flugtag in 1988.  I was about 50 yards away when the Italian Air Force plane crashed into the crowd. That's one thing I will never forget.

CSF
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:35:48 PM EDT
[#20]

There was an inmate from the state prison in RI who was brought into the General Surgery clinic when I was a medical student doing a rotation.  I swear he had about 1/2 pound of cauliflower-looking genital warts around his anus.  There was likely cancer hiding in there somewhere.  It was amazing that it had gotten that big.  I never found out if he was HIV+ or not, but most likely he was.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:36:23 PM EDT
[#21]
The demise of my country. And we are lettin' it happen!!!!!

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:38:35 PM EDT
[#22]
About 99 I was coming back from Daytona Bike week on 95 North. I was in my truck, towed the bike
cause I hauled lots of camping stuff down too. Traffic was heavy, Sunday afternoon.
Beside me, in the left lane was a guy on a Harley. When the truck and trailer, his friends, slowed down
quickly ahead of him, he hit that trailer and dumped the bike.
I`m looking at this dude, rolling like a log on I95 in traffic, behind a spinning bike, and thinking this will
not end well. I went into the emergency lane to stop.
When I got stopped, he was laying in the road, and traffic behind him had fully stopped, Nobody hit anybody.
Nothing. As I came across to him, he was getting up and just crawled up me grabbing, so I just took him off
the road into the median.
His only injury was a cut across his nose where his shades broke. No broke bones, nothing. I had a clean
bandana so I gave it to him for his nose, When he looked at the cloth, he said Is that meat from my nose? yeah.
He freaks, saying  I`m fucked up, oh, I`m fucked up...
So I says I don`t know how you looked five minutes ago, but you been messed up lots worse than this, I think.
So he starts laughing, and he was okay.

Short form, guy fell off bike, survived. No injury to speak of. bike was ridable.

I know CSB
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:39:03 PM EDT
[#23]
wife/sammich maker and her friend survived the Jarrell, Tx tornado...many others did not
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:39:15 PM EDT
[#24]
I was in Balad, (P-FOB, not that candyland Anaconda) and we watch on the feed this muj digging on the side of the road. But the AWT was not on station yet, so they had to follow the guy for several hours. So AWT finally gets on station. Drops a Hellfire on him. Blows him ten feet to the right, he is knocked down, We all cheer. After a few minutes of ass grabbing  and hollering, someone says "hey, he is moving", sure as hell, he starts getting up, dusts himself off, and starts walking down the road again. So AWT does his thing again and drops another one, right on top of him. This one blows him ten feet to the left, knocks him out. More ass grabbing and hollering for the direct hit. A few minutes go by, and sure as shit, he starts getting up again. Pats himself off and walks along again, this time, with a limp. AWT fires again, this time, knocking him ten feet down the road and he is down for the count. More ass grabbing with the cav guys. A ground team gets spun up to go scrape the body off the road and get him scanned, go through his pockets, etc. Ground team gets there, 8 hrs after striking him, and the fucker is still alive. They had to render aid, and send his ass to baghdad to be hospitalized. We spent millions of dollars trying to kill this illiterate ass clown of a muj, and then we had to give him medical care.

*the hellfires were designed for anti armor, later they made them with shrapnel sleeves for anti personnel, which is why that fucker is still alive.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:43:32 PM EDT
[#25]
I haven't seen a lot compared to others here.

I just thought of a really screwed up one.  Up on a roof years ago putting up a wireless antenna in a blizzard and it was thundering and lightning.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:45:08 PM EDT
[#26]
I pet a wild (not tame or trained) bengal Tiger. That was crazy.

One of the craziest and most memorable moments in my entire life was when I was whale watching in Mexico and as we headed into shore near shallow water our guide absolutely lost his shit and told us to look down. Directly under us was a gigantic whale shark. I reached out and touched it. It was extremely profound because I could see it clear as day and it was HUGE. I mean, absolutely MASSIVE. I had never seen such a massive living thing before.

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:45:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I was in Balad, (P-FOB, not that candyland Anaconda) and we watch on the feed this muj digging on the side of the road. But the AWT was not on station yet, so they had to follow the guy for several hours. So AWT finally gets on station. Drops a Hellfire on him. Blows him ten feet to the right, he is knocked down, We all cheer. After a few minutes of ass grabbing  and hollering, someone says "hey, he is moving", sure as hell, he starts getting up, dusts himself off, and starts walking down the road again. So AWT does his thing again and drops another one, right on top of him. This one blows him ten feet to the left, knocks him out. More ass grabbing and hollering for the direct hit. A few minutes go by, and sure as shit, he starts getting up again. Pats himself off and walks along again, this time, with a limp. AWT fires again, this time, knocking him ten feet down the road and he is down for the count. More ass grabbing with the cav guys. A ground team gets spun up to go scrape the body off the road and get him scanned, go through his pockets, etc. Ground team gets there, 8 hrs after striking him, and the fucker is still alive. They had to render aid, and send his ass to baghdad to be hospitalized. We spent millions of dollars trying to kill this illiterate ass clown of a muj, and then we had to give him medical care.

*the hellfires were designed for anti armor, later they made them with shrapnel sleeves for anti personnel, which is why that fucker is still alive.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:46:01 PM EDT
[#28]
I watched as a Ford Thunderbird crossed the median on I-81 traveling around 60mph and plow head on into my Toyota truck driving the wheels under my truck and the engine inside the cab with me - I did not walk away I was carried.

I watched as a little old lady ran her car over a gas pump at a gas station, causing her gas tank to explode, lifting the car in the air, which then caused the tank in the ground to spew flames out of the ground lifting the car in the air again.  Three little old ladies got out of the car one with a cut, all walking away

I saw dismembered bodies on the road after a motorcylce accident

I laid on the pavement in an intersection with cars coming right for me, unable to move after a motorcycle accident (different accident)

Still the most amazing things I've seen have been of a religious nature.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:47:03 PM EDT
[#29]
A groundhog with a tin can stuck on it's head.........
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:49:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I've... seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those... moments... will be lost in time, like  tears... in... rain.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:52:01 PM EDT
[#31]
In Glacier Park, in 09, i turned around to find a pissed off mountain goat 3 feet behind me, with a goat kid.
I had a camera in my hand, and kept thinking I`m gonna hafta drop the camera and try to get ahold of those
horns or I`m gonna get gored to death right here. I didnt back up, or advance, just stood my ground, and in
a minute or so, it backed up, collected the kid and left up the trail.
No, i didnt get any good pix, i was busy.
I dont see how it could have alerted the thing, but I was wearing a goat skin shirt.

A guy at work said it was just a case of one old goat, recognizing another old goat.

ol scruff
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:52:26 PM EDT
[#32]
Seeing a single Taliban get blown in half by an Apache

Quoted:
A guy using his poo as paint and eating it.
View Quote

Lurk moar.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:52:33 PM EDT
[#33]
The EF4 that blew through Tuscaloosa in 2011 and the subsequent destruction after it. Also the lightning associated with the storm here on the coast back in April of this year that dumped almost 30 inches of rain in a day. It was like dozens of strobe lights going off in a club at the same time for hours.

ETA: here's some video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_MckbDFqBc&list=UUgI2D218fj60KxNAiBvLMsg

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:53:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

What more do you want to know?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Really wish some of you would give a tad bit more backstory/details.

What more do you want to know?

Why didn't anyone put an end to the Russian Roulette?

If I was there, I would feel lots of responsibility.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:53:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Lightening strike 10ft above my head

20'ish punk kids simultaneously attack 2 gang members who showed up to a concert with the intent of attacking someone at the concert

A month later I witnessed a self defense shooting when 20-30 members of the same gang tried to go after the same guy at another concert

If all goes well next weekend I'll see "Bad Luck 13", but that doesn't count yet

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:53:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I wish I could unsee that...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Saw a girl I knew since the 1st grade lose a game of Russian roulette with a .44 magnum at a party when I was 16

you win

I wish I could unsee that...

I wish i could unimagine it
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:56:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
we had a crammer bomb go off during a fireworks show that was three times it was suppose to be I was 20 yards away with full firefighters gear on and the temperature increased about 70 degrees FUCKING hot it started a large fire on the HS track and by the time we put it out the track had melted.

I learned how to fly a plane in boy scouts

I rolled in a race car three times

I touched a moose swimming in a lake in Canada

other than that my life is boring
View Quote

Hey does hard ankles mean anything to you?
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:58:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Dad and I were in an aluminum bass boat.

We were fishing on a lake, Dad was asleep as I dragged our lines across a couple times. Storm came in, and lightning struck about 10 yards away from our boat.

Luckily he was in a camping chair with rubber feet, and I was barefoot standing on carpet.

I would've landed our boat faster but we were stuck with our Trolling motor on that particular lake.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:02:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

I cleaned up after a girl I knew since kindergarten.

She did it outside so it wasn't that bad. Better than her mother having to do it when she got home.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:06:00 PM EDT
[#40]
My neighborhood last year in Moore, OK  after a tornado went through it....Downtown OKC when McVeigh's bomb went off (I was 2 blocks south)
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:07:26 PM EDT
[#41]
A short high speed chase. Stopped at a stop light one night coming home from my parents and a white f150 flys through the light and rear ends a Chrysler 300 pulling onto the road I'm headed on.  Truck takes off but I image he couldn't have gotten much further.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:10:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Got kicked out of a whorehouse in Phuket, Thailand.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:11:44 PM EDT
[#43]
I get rope a doped into accompanying some stupid ass 'hearts and minds/civil affairs' mission to hand out soccer balls and school supplies to the local crotch fruit of Balad. As an Arabic Linguist, the cav guys thought I would best be used in this manner. So, we are parked somewhere, the civil affairs guys are doing their hearts and minds BS, the medics are looking at old women's feet like Al Bundy. And I am handing out various trinkets to the kids out of the back my M1151. I tried to hand things out to the smaller kids. However, in a country ruled by tyrants, the survival of the fittest reigns supreme. The little kids I gave stuff to, would walk away and subsequently get their asses handed to them by the local retard/9 yr old street thug. Street Thug would then (while holding his ill acquired gains) push to the head of the line and hold out his hands in true FSA fashion. At this point the crowd of unwashed kids started to swell, and started pushing up on me, to attempt to grab the stash of goods in the trunk, or various gear hanging off my kit. The crowd started getting more violent, more shoving, more stealing, more no holds barred beatdowns of the less fortunate for a fucking No 2 pencil or pad of paper mind you. The crowd pushed up against me and I was backed up against the humvee. The drills for escalation of force ran through my mind, "am I really just about to use force on children! Fucking Children!!?!?!". At this point the local IA Police Officer we were with saw all this. He walks calmly over to his humvee, and unscrews the top mast of his VHF whip antenna. He then makes a few staccato swings with it in the airs, "Whisssssp Whisssssp", I look at him doing this, and I look back at the kids, who a second ago are ready and willing to kill eachother over a hello kitty notepad, and *POOF* the crowd of 50 kids, magically disappeared in a cloud of dust and regret as the IA officer swung his whip antenna in the air. I had an M4, M203 grenade Launcher, and 210+ rounds of 556. the IA had a flimsy piece of aluminum. However, the IA had the will to use the whip. As I did not have the will to use my own weapon.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:17:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Saw a biplane do a loop-the-loop straight into the ground at an airshow in Dayton, OH.  It took the firetrucks a good 2 minutes to reach the burning wreck.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:21:29 PM EDT
[#45]
I was at the Oklahoma City air show in 1990 when aerobatic pilot Tom Jones crashed and died. I remember the announcer telling Tom to pull up or something. I remember hearing the engine shut off during the display and thinking it was weird. I remember a how quiet it was as the plane hit the ground then the screams and that lots of people started running away.

My family and I didn't run. We were standing right on the line near a member of the military and he must have had some rank because he said something like "if he's alive we're going to need a doctor." My father, a doctor and a member of the national guard, told the officer who then grabbed him and took him into an ambulance or some emergency vehicle to go to the scene of the crash.

A soldier working security was ordered to watch my sister and I. We stood there while the fire was put out and watched as the rescue crew, which now included my father, extinguished the wreckage. My father told me when I was older that when they saw/found the pilot he just told the crew that he wasn't needed and asked to be driven back to us. It is one of my first extremely vivid memories. I was 6.

http://newsok.com/aerobatics-champ-killed-in-air-show-plunge/article/2321139
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:23:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Craziest thing I've ever witnessed is the current political situation in the US and the border situation here.
View Quote

Where's that?
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:28:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Crazy Crazy shit.  That assclown probably surrendered to isis and they spent another $.25 for a round to the back of the head paid for by US taxpayers

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:29:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I was at Ramstein Air Force base during Flugtag in 1988.  I was about 50 yards away when the Italian Air Force plane crashed into the crowd. That's one thing I will never forget.

CSF
View Quote

I was going to post this. Both my parents ended up being first responders since they were both medics at the time. I was about 13yo at the time.

Quoted:
I have seen the banana show in Okinawa.
View Quote

Seen that too.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:32:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

you win
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

you win

Not sure id use the word "win".

Several years ago I saw a semi hit a bridge abutment on I 65.  Driver was throw out the windshield after the truck rolled and stopped instantly.

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 10:33:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I get rope a doped into accompanying some stupid ass 'hearts and minds/civil affairs' mission to hand out soccer balls and school supplies to the local crotch fruit of Balad. As an Arabic Linguist, the cav guys thought I would best be used in this manner. So, we are parked somewhere, the civil affairs guys are doing their hearts and minds BS, the medics are looking at old women's feet like Al Bundy. And I am handing out various trinkets to the kids out of the back my M1151. I tried to hand things out to the smaller kids. However, in a country ruled by tyrants, the survival of the fittest reigns supreme. The little kids I gave stuff to, would walk away and subsequently get their asses handed to them by the local retard/9 yr old street thug. Street Thug would then (while holding his ill acquired gains) push to the head of the line and hold out his hands in true FSA fashion. At this point the crowd of unwashed kids started to swell, and started pushing up on me, to attempt to grab the stash of goods in the trunk, or various gear hanging off my kit. The crowd started getting more violent, more shoving, more stealing, more no holds barred beatdowns of the less fortunate for a fucking No 2 pencil or pad of paper mind you. The crowd pushed up against me and I was backed up against the humvee. The drills for escalation of force ran through my mind, "am I really just about to use force on children! Fucking Children!!?!?!". At this point the local IA Police Officer we were with saw all this. He walks calmly over to his humvee, and unscrews the top mast of his VHF whip antenna. He then makes a few staccato swings with it in the airs, "Whisssssp Whisssssp", I look at him doing this, and I look back at the kids, who a second ago are ready and willing to kill eachother over a hello kitty notepad, and *POOF* the crowd of 50 kids, magically disappeared in a cloud of dust and regret as the IA officer swung his whip antenna in the air. I had an M4, M203 grenade Launcher, and 210+ rounds of 556. the IA had a flimsy piece of aluminum. However, the IA had the will to use the whip. As I did not have the will to use my own weapon.
View Quote

Those kid KNEW that you were civilized and would not hurt kids.  They also know that the IA guy would beat them then rape them.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top