BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 106
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 5:15:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hardest does not equate to the one you should work on over another.  All obstacles are equally 5 min penalties.  In fact, I'd argue that since it's the hardest and you're less likely to succeed, work on other penalties you've received first.

Don't worry, I again came close to getting the conex, but I again failed.  And it sucks giant moose cock.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lessons learned:
1) if you can't conex nothing else matters

I think the credence you lend to number 1 is a result of pistol's propaganda campaign

By yakrat's calculations, it is the hardest obstacle. So it would be best to spend more time on working towards conquering that obstacle. If that means weight loss, upper body strength, summit grip, or all of the above, then so be it.

Imagine if RA wouldn't let us advance until we completed all obstacles within a set amount of time. How many would even finish? 3

It would certainly make Cola Warrior faster, 65 people would be done in 10 minutes.

"Be like cola making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like cola. If you put cola into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put cola into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, cola can flow or it can crash. Be cola, my friend."

#summitclub

Hardest does not equate to the one you should work on over another.  All obstacles are equally 5 min penalties.  In fact, I'd argue that since it's the hardest and you're less likely to succeed, work on other penalties you've received first.

Don't worry, I again came close to getting the conex, but I again failed.  And it sucks giant moose cock.

Listen to yourself, I'm trying to shame people into a breed of warriors. You are preaching defeatism, trying to make them feel like it is okay. It's too hard, train for something less hard. NOOOOO!!!!!

"you never train your race distance" -stutzcattle

#summitclub appreciates you doing your job to make our club that much more exclusive.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 5:20:55 PM EDT
[#2]
And you will truly never appreciate how hard the other obstacles are until you conquer the first hard one.

One or two by their self isn't much for a standard CW'er. When you start stacking that fatigue, pain, and misery, the ones you thought were easy, become hard again.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 5:29:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

By yakrat's calculations, it is the hardest obstacle. So it would be best to spend more time on working towards conquering that obstacle. If that means weight loss, upper body strength, summit grip, or all of the above, then so be it.

Imagine if RA wouldn't let us advance until we completed all obstacles within a set amount of time. How many would even finish? 3

It would certainly make Cola Warrior faster, 65 people would be done in 10 minutes.

"Be like cola making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like cola. If you put cola into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put cola into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, cola can flow or it can crash. Be cola, my friend."

#summitclub

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

lessons learned:

1) if you can't conex nothing else matters

I think the credence you lend to number 1 is a result of pistol's propaganda campaign

#summitclub

4 including the nonhuman guy.  Oh, I forgot to mention earlier, Blitz_Jr. had a clean run through everything but the last 2 sodas, so technically...5?  There may be others too, not sure, haven't seen that part of Yakrat's data.  But yeah, point taken.

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 5:38:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I wish I knew about these events. I've got 150lbs of these:

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 5:39:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 5:40:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 5:48:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Listen to yourself, I'm trying to shame people into a breed of warriors. You are preaching defeatism, trying to make them feel like it is okay. It's too hard, train for something less hard. NOOOOO!!!!!

"you never train your race distance" -stutzcattle

#summitclub appreciates you doing your job to make our club that much more exclusive.
View Quote

I feel ya.    I'm saying that they should train as efficiently as possible.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 5:54:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's a Cola Warrior and he's ok
Sleeps all night and he oppresses all daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oppressing the fuck out of people and revenue generating.

Truth... He tells it
yes

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's a Cola Warrior and he's ok
Sleeps all night and he oppresses all daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Rather fitting considering his costume choices
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 5:54:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You do know you are only increasing my desire to make the summit club unsurmountable next year.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And you will truly never appreciate how hard the other obstacles are until you conquer the first hard one.

One or two by their self isn't much for a standard CW'er. When you start stacking that fatigue, pain, and misery, the ones you thought were easy, become hard again.

You do know you are only increasing my desire to make the summit club unsurmountable next year.....

Fuuuuuuuuuu.....
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 5:56:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Recovered yesterday. Back to work at 13:00 today.
Before that, I get to go vote against Thad Cochran (Rino Senator from MS) in the primary.

View Quote

McDaniels ftw
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 5:57:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Logic ahhhhhhhh.  This is correct.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 6:21:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
A similar thing happened to me last year, except that I tried for what seemed like an eternity (plus took the penalty) and was so exhausted that I couldn't even get through the handstand part that I thought I had rocked the year before.  

BTW, it was really cool having the people that had seen me fail so miserably on it the year before, cheering me on to get it this year.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the credence you lend to number 1 is a result of pistol's propaganda campaign (although I really wish I had completed the obstacle), while in reality, most people's times suffer due to the soda.  Practice the chug after working out.

that's partially true, but when I came so close to getting up there and failed it completely destroyed my confidence and motivation

I had basically given up on the other obstacles before I even attempted them since the conex curbstomped my soul
A similar thing happened to me last year, except that I tried for what seemed like an eternity (plus took the penalty) and was so exhausted that I couldn't even get through the handstand part that I thought I had rocked the year before.  

BTW, it was really cool having the people that had seen me fail so miserably on it the year before, cheering me on to get it this year.

I was on the range cursing your every movement praying you would fail.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 6:28:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Lies.  You think I didn't see that Team Blitz cheerleader uniform you had on.  

You're going to have to stick around on Friday night next time.  You cheated me out of the "3 short guy lift" photo op.  

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 6:30:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the credence you lend to number 1 is a result of pistol's propaganda campaign (although I really wish I had completed the obstacle), while in reality, most people's times suffer due to the soda.  Practice the chug after working out.

that's partially true, but when I came so close to getting up there and failed it completely destroyed my confidence and motivation

I had basically given up on the other obstacles before I even attempted them since the conex curbstomped my soul

The stadium shook when you were able to summit  the connex.  I remember how defeated you looked last year and was happy for you. BTW QUIT FEEDING BLITZ JR. We cant compete if Ace and Jr are unstoppable machines.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 6:31:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You're going to have to stick around on Friday night next time.  You cheated me out of the "3 short guy lift" photo op.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm trying to remember, did we do a pic like that last year as well?
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 6:36:39 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, I guess we're going incrementally.  

Last year I just picked up Pistol and some people got pics of it, so I had to up my game this year.

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 6:37:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool. It was getting a little too many members.

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 6:41:23 PM EDT
[#18]
So how many people got the tire over ? I know someone had a stat sheet
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 6:48:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I was explaining this very thing to someone earlier.  Even though CW is a competition, firstly it's looked at as a club.  You see people cheering others on, wanting them to do well.  You rarely see someone legitimately discouraging someone.  We like to see each other succeed because we all know that suck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was explaining this very thing to someone earlier.  Even though CW is a competition, firstly it's looked at as a club.  You see people cheering others on, wanting them to do well.  You rarely see someone legitimately discouraging someone.  We like to see each other succeed because we all know that suck.

Exactly.

I was telling RA, I wanted to run, no matter what, just to post a time and to say that I did it.

Thanks for having me fellas.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 6:50:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BEAST  
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 6:51:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

McDaniels ftw
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Recovered yesterday. Back to work at 13:00 today.
Before that, I get to go vote against Thad Cochran (Rino Senator from MS) in the primary.

McDaniels ftw

See!  Even the Canadian knows what's up.  Polls close in about an hour and 15 minutes.  I'm hoping.  Cochran lost me after Sandy Hook when voted to bring an assault weapons bill up for vote and then acted surprised at the hate.  I emailed the fuck out of him. Probably got myself  on some kind of list.  

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled shenanigans.  Where were we?  Oh yeah.  The conex sucks.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 6:54:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you even pyramid of death, bro?
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 6:56:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

The stadium shook when you were able to summit  the connex.  I remember how defeated you looked last year and was happy for you. BTW QUIT FEEDING BLITZ JR. We cant compete if Ace and Jr are unstoppable machines.

View Quote

Thanks man.

Yeah, once Jr learns to chug, he may beat me.  He's definitely been hitting the gym for the last year or two.  Considering he's going off to college this fall, it's entirely possible that he'll have picked up the chugging ability by CW5.  

Lol, just wait till the rest of the clan starts coming down.  #2 is probably going to be starting varsity in wrestling as a freshman, and in football, is already being put out there with the seniors at strong side linebacker, weighing only about 120, because he hits so hard.  The other day, #2 jokingly came at #4 like he was going to start something.  #4 picked him up, flipped him over and slammed him into the ground.  #3 is a bit more mellow like Jr but also a good athlete.  #5 has been getting picked on and coached by the other 4, so who the hell knows what he's going to be capable of.

I'm building my own personal army that will be fueled by peeps and cola.

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 7:07:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Thanks man.

Yeah, once Jr learns to chug, he may beat me.  He's definitely been hitting the gym for the last year or two.  Considering he's going off to college this fall, it's entirely possible that he'll have picked up the chugging ability by CW5.  

Lol, just wait till the rest of the clan starts coming down.  #2 is probably going to be starting varsity in wrestling as a freshman, and in football, is already being put out there with the seniors at strong side linebacker, weighing only about 120, because he hits so hard.  The other day, #2 jokingly came at #4 like he was going to start something.  #4 picked him up, flipped him over and slammed him into the ground.  #3 is a bit more mellow like Jr but also a good athlete.  #5 has been getting picked on and coached by the other 4, so who the hell knows what he's going to be capable of.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks man.

An Army of Cola Warriors should keep the Lou safe.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 7:30:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is one reason I fell at the end of the hand walk.  I wanted the conex so bad, gave it everything I had.  After doing it I should have given myself a few seconds instead of rushing into the hand stand.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 7:31:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was me.  
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 7:38:35 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Blitz, you're a beast. I was really surprised and impressed that you got through all of the obstacles. I know it's especially harder for bigger and more muscle-bound guys to keep up with the different stations and keeping your cardio in check. That was a fucking outstanding job!

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 7:46:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Ran from a tornado for 30 miles
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 7:48:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

#NebraskaProblems?

#VodkaFueled
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 7:50:36 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

#NebraskaProblems?

#VodkaFueled
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

#NebraskaProblems?

#VodkaFueled

Pussy ass shit. The guy I was carpooling with chickened out and wouldn't run to the concrete shelter I helped build.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 7:51:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Pussy ass shit. The guy I was carpooling with chickened out and wouldn't run to the concrete shelter I helped build.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

#NebraskaProblems?

#VodkaFueled

I'd be all about that. Fuck it. Once you Cola Warrior, a Tornado aint shit
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 7:54:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

#NebraskaProblems?

#VodkaFueled

I have some goose eggs from the hail. Now the wind is shifting where I'm at.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 7:59:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

#NebraskaProblems?

#VodkaFueled

Cool, so you have time to upload the pics of me loco took with your cellphone and adapter?
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:00:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Once you grab that eyelet and get up, it feels like you are on top of a mountain. Literally. The feeling can not really be described but I'd say it's refreshing, exclusive, exhausting, and just a feeling of "FUCK YES!" all rolled into one.

I welcome you all to train, join the club. Once our club gets to 50% competitors doing the box, we will have raised a group of beasts. 100%, nobody will fuck with us.

#summitclub
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Once you grab that eyelet and get up, it feels like you are on top of a mountain. Literally. The feeling can not really be described but I'd say it's refreshing, exclusive, exhausting, and just a feeling of "FUCK YES!" all rolled into one.

I welcome you all to train, join the club. Once our club gets to 50% competitors doing the box, we will have raised a group of beasts. 100%, nobody will fuck with us.

#summitclub

And slightly before that, Rusted will have built a Quonset hut to replace the conex. I'm a psych nurse, I understand his machine mind. It will NEVER get easier.
I gotta get down there someday, you guys and girls look like you have an absolute blast. In a pain and suffering kinda way.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:02:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

And slightly before that, Rusted will have built a Quonset hut to replace the conex. I'm a psych nurse, I understand his machine mind. It will NEVER get easier.
I gotta get down there someday, you guys and girls look like you have an absolute blast. In a pain and suffering kinda way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

#summitclub

I can't wait for the "jump over a 50m ditch filled with punji sticks" obstacle
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:04:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Cool, so you have time to upload the pics of me loco took with your cellphone and adapter?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

#NebraskaProblems?

#VodkaFueled

When I get home to wifi
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:04:35 PM EDT
[#37]
You dumb asses quit giving him ideas.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:05:28 PM EDT
[#38]
He tested the "swim the river of death" obstacle out.  It's a good one.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:05:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
You dumb asses quit giving him ideas.
View Quote

He already has ideas.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:06:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

When I get home to wifi
View Quote

Sweet! Thanks Yvan!
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:07:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:08:45 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I wish I could guarantee raging torrents every year.

Death River would be my favorite new obstacle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cause you swam up the Death River and laughed as JP was swept away.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:09:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I was absolutely trashed.  I hosed Trojanman (of course, he could have camped) by dragging him to mccomb.
I hadn't slept the night prior.
I wanted to stay.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was absolutely trashed.  I hosed Trojanman (of course, he could have camped) by dragging him to mccomb.
I hadn't slept the night prior.
I wanted to stay.

Link Posted: 6/3/2014 8:09:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cardio is my top priority this year. Maybe I'll try to get a little more sleep as well.  That <1 hour a night catches up quick .   And while it did try to kill me, I still enjoyed it
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 9:18:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Truth!

He was scheming all the while, and decide to test a few.

I should have changed, wasn't any good in steel toes, in those conditions.

Glad you made it back brother!  

#lifeguardKai
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 9:20:50 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh snap!  
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 10:24:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any way we could get someone to pick us up at the next bridge or should I pack some food and a water filter?
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 10:26:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Any way we could get someone to pick us up at the next bridge or should I pack some food and a water filter?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm thinking Zodiac and safety line strung across the downstream river.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 10:33:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Bench
1x8x185
1x5x205
1x5x205
2x3x215

Lat Pulldowns (stupid triple pulley thing)
1x8x250
4x8x305

Rows
4x8x180

I'm going to really start looking at a smarter way to train. I had planned on working on building size and strength after CW4, but now I think I'm going to work on endurance and cutting weight for CW5. Losing 30lbs while improving my strength to bodyweight ratio would probably help me more than focusing on size and strength.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 11:32:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Was thinking about starting to order parts for my CWAR but realized that I can't really afford it. Cola Warrior East will be run with my Dissy again. Damn.
Page / 106
Top Top