Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 24
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 3:12:31 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't doubt that there have been isolated "issues," as with any product.  It's just odd that to date NSWC Crane has not been approached with the OEM trigger module "issues" and that the only picture of a civilian broken OEM trigger module on all of the internet is owned by Handl (as shown by Klrb929 in a previous thread).

Edited to add:  As for the updates to that thread it just verifies that what I posted previously..."Yes, a few SOPMOD Block II accessories designed for the M4 (5.56) didn't fare so well atop the MK17 (7.62) under hard use. Nothing wholesale, but a few failures did occur. I don't think that was a big surprise to anyone. NSWC Crane got involved. The SOPMOD stuff got hardened and the issues disappeared" is true, right?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

snipSo you're calling people on here and elsewhere that have direct experience and knowledge of OEM rifle issues liars?

I don't doubt that there have been isolated "issues," as with any product.  It's just odd that to date NSWC Crane has not been approached with the OEM trigger module "issues" and that the only picture of a civilian broken OEM trigger module on all of the internet is owned by Handl (as shown by Klrb929 in a previous thread).

Edited to add:  As for the updates to that thread it just verifies that what I posted previously..."Yes, a few SOPMOD Block II accessories designed for the M4 (5.56) didn't fare so well atop the MK17 (7.62) under hard use. Nothing wholesale, but a few failures did occur. I don't think that was a big surprise to anyone. NSWC Crane got involved. The SOPMOD stuff got hardened and the issues disappeared" is true, right?
I have no clue if they did or not.  Do you?

Link Posted: 7/11/2014 5:17:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Sept 2011 - Stryker publicly modifies a SCAR 17s lower to accept a KAC M110 pattern magazine.  Fully-functional.

http://fnforum.net/forums/scar-accessories-scopes-mods/22970-scar-17-kac-magazine-modification.html

2012 - Handl announces the release of the SCAR25 KAC M110 pattern magazine lower.  The first 300 of these lowers produced had OEM parts fitment issues as well as function issues (verified by Klrb929 in previous threads).

http://4c5oy13toq2z4b6dz22n11bctyl.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/HD_PressRelease_2012.pdf

Even FN Forum member Wagnasty's mod pre-dated Stryker's mod.

Ultimately, Wagnasty introduced the concept.  Beyond that, what order manufacturers introduce products based on that concept is meaningless.  At that point it's all about function and quality.
View Quote

Now these Handl shills are on this website making unfounded and slanderous remarks about Stryker Enterprises.

From my personal view on the subject, SE had been involved in modifying SCAR lowers well in advance of Handl even coming to the FNforum. I have been a member of that forum since 2007.
The photos and the modified lowers posted by SE lays credence to the fact that SE predated anything Handl did.

After visually comparing the SE lower to that of the Handl lower, an intelligent person can see that the SE lower is obviously not a reverse engineered Handl lower. Why would you reverse engineer
your product based off of one that (from owner reviews and photos) had engineering and manufacturing defects.

These people first claimed that the lower breaks, now they are saying the hinge breaks. Since they are good at making claims, they should have some physical proof to backup up that SE copied
Handl. Surely someone would not just make baseless accusation without having proof, or is this more of their "it's classified" nonsense?
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 8:26:54 AM EDT
[#3]
You guys need to start your own thread about this Handl v. SE thing.  This is supposed to be about SCAR hate.  Let's try to keep on topic.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 9:21:18 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

You guys need to start your own thread about this Handl v. SE thing.  This is supposed to be about SCAR hate.  Let's try to keep on topic.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/11/2014 9:54:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I came here to hate and I specifically said so on the last page. Now can we keep hating please?!
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 11:57:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I perfected the ideal counterbalance to nullify  the effects of the forward bolt mass

with a little bit of engineering you can fix anything
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 12:04:51 PM EDT
[#7]
#1 Green Beret (such a “quiet professional” screen name you have BTW) consider this a peer, on the way to the camouflage shack.  I am going to slap you so hard you are going to think you just re did SERE.

You and your ilk do not have home field advantage like you do elsewhere, where they delete and change posts, where those who do not worship the powers have their products slandered and shown the door.

You need to stop taking my comments and altering them in a way that supports the deformation of Handl Defense we were both a witness to.  

The libel, slander, and deformation conducted by Fnfourms members, witnessed, condoned and tolerated, by it’s staff, and that of Forum Foundry should be left to the court room where it belongs IMO.

#2 I have never named Jim E., Stryker Enterprises, or any other party guilty of any crime. You wishing I was slandering someone does not making it so.  I do believe people on FnFourms did conduct unethical behavior, because the Chicago branch of the FBI IPRC said they did (I saw their email).

#4 I know Alan Handl has an incredibly restrictive policy on his employees posting anything anywhere on line about products, except for his website, and facebook page.

Since I am not his employee, that policy does not apply to me.  

#5 As for the FOUO / DOD Dir 5210.50 comments

“FOUO information may be sent within authorized DoD components and DoD contractors, consultants, and grantees to conduct associated official business. Inform recipients of the status of such information, and send the material in a way that prevents unauthorized public disclosure.” “Appropriate administrative actions should be taken to prevent disclosures of FOUO information protected by the Privacy Act (PA). Failure may also result in civil or criminal sanction”

So stop trying to trap me into a violation of DOD policy by releasing DOD technical data or other information I might be privy to, on open source public forums.  Your ploy did not work before, it will not work now.

#6 This is a continuation of the attack on the reputation of Handl Defense, which has migrated to this site.

#7 A shill is someone who sells things under false pretense, I have only explained the 5W's of the products I've actually worked on. Never once have I told someone to buy anything. You are not very factual or accurate for an SF guy, You get stuck on the B team after the Q?

#8 Admin please IM me.  
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 12:40:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
#1 Green Beret (such a “quiet professional” screen name you have BTW) consider this a peer, on the way to the camouflage shack.  I am going to slap you so hard you are going to think you just re did SERE.

You and your ilk do not have home field advantage like you do elsewhere, where they delete and change posts, where those who do not worship the powers have their products slandered and shown the door.

You need to stop taking my comments and altering them in a way that supports the deformation of Handl Defense we were both a witness to.  

The libel, slander, and deformation conducted by Fnfourms members, witnessed, condoned and tolerated, by it’s staff, and that of Forum Foundry should be left to the court room where it belongs IMO.

#2 I have never named Jim E., Stryker Enterprises, or any other party guilty of any crime. You wishing I was slandering someone does not making it so.  I do believe people on FnFourms did conduct unethical behavior, because the Chicago branch of the FBI IPRC said they did (I saw their email).

#4 I know Alan Handl has an incredibly restrictive policy on his employees posting anything anywhere on line about products, except for his website, and facebook page.

Since I am not his employee, that policy does not apply to me.  

“FOUO information may be sent within authorized DoD components and DoD contractors, consultants, and grantees to conduct associated official business. Inform recipients of the status of such information, and send the material in a way that prevents unauthorized public disclosure.” “Appropriate administrative actions should be taken to prevent disclosures of FOUO information protected by the Privacy Act (PA). Failure may also result in civil or criminal sanction”

So stop trying to trap me into a violation of DOD policy by releasing DOD technical data or other information I might be privy to, on open source public forums.  Your ploy did not work before, it will not work now.

#6 This is a continuation of the attack on the reputation of Handl Defense, which has migrated to this site.

#7 A shill is someone who sells things under false pretense, I have only explained the 5W's of the products I've actually worked on. Never once have I told someone to buy anything. You are not very factual or accurate for an SF guy, You get stuck on the B team after the Q?

#8 Admin please IM me.  
View Quote

You are so angry you numbered everything and said FBI and DoD in the same post.....

Do you need a hug little man.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 12:41:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
You are so angry you numbered everything and said FBI and DoD in the same post.....

View All Quotes
Quoted:

snip

I sent you an IM, if you could get back to me on that if would be great.

Link Posted: 7/11/2014 12:41:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The first 300 of these lowers produced had OEM parts fitment issues as well as function issues (verified by Klrb929 in previous threads).

http://4c5oy13toq2z4b6dz22n11bctyl.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/HD_PressRelease_2012.pdf
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The first 300 of these lowers produced had OEM parts fitment issues as well as function issues (verified by Klrb929 in previous threads).

about 5% had issues as they were not indexed to the machine improperly, every single one has been replaced according to Alan Handl is what I said. I do not know if there were fitment of function issues only that there could be. could be

One thing that can not be discounted is the number of trigger modules that were not installed properly. The SCAR 25 requires following specific directions exactly, it is a stressed member which no other SCAR trigger module is. Initial mating is important in that process.

Link Posted: 7/11/2014 12:46:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

Inb4 the pit thread.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 12:53:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Inb4 the pit thread.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

snip

Inb4 the pit thread.
We'll see what he says...

Then there might be a second...

Link Posted: 7/11/2014 1:20:39 PM EDT
[#13]
FNforums sounds like it's the DU of gunboards. Clearly creates myopic posters.  

Don't agree with the group consensus? TROLL!   Talk about something the group doesn't like?  Shill!

Is it scary over here in GD where threads don't get nuked, and people know things that don't get allowed to get shared on FN forum?
The SCAR got developed for military use, and the -16 was found to have no significant advantage over the M4, and the -17 breaks shit.

Sounds like a real winner.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 1:37:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I came here to hate and I specifically said so on the last page. Now can we keep hating please?!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just the thought of mk12s getting tossed for the SCAR probably makes ya unleash a Darth vader no
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 1:50:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I perfected the ideal counterbalance to nullify  the effects of the forward bolt mass

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/coldair/scar%20s/IMG_0688_zpsa6ec606a.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/coldair/scar%20s/IMG_0689_zpsb157fa39.jpg

View Quote
You also made a (probably) unregistered SBR.

Link Posted: 7/11/2014 1:50:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Don't agree with the group consensus? TROLL!   Talk about something the group doesn't like?  Shill!

Is it scary over here in GD where threads don't get nuked, and people know things that don't get allowed to get shared on FN forum?

The SCAR got developed for military use, and the -16 was found to have no significant advantage over the M4, and the -17 breaks shit.

View Quote

And yet you have a hard on for the SCAR thread.

Link Posted: 7/11/2014 2:07:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not a SCAR thread. It's a SCAR vs AR thread.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 2:13:03 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Just the thought of mk12s getting tossed for the SCAR probably makes ya unleash a Darth vader no
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't bring me down, bro; I just got off work.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 2:19:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm a SCAR17 owner and have only a couple thousand rounds down the pipe. It's only ever worn a COMP M4s since it killed a variable power 1-4 IOR scope I had laying around. IMHO the platform has potential but has problems. The stock latch and trigger among them as well. If those problems aren't being addressed by FN I'm having a hard time getting upset about a simple aftermarket part that could resolve a serious design problem.

This thread is kind of a clusterfuck, so my question is does the Handl lower unfuck the optic eating problem of the gun?  
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 2:21:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

There are 9 criteria for FOUO, the one cited to prevent disclosure PA involves releasing PII (thin g like socials, dates of birth, etc)

FOUO can be used to prevent the release of proprietary information, not owned by the government but having said that something like 90 percent of documents labeled FOUO is not really FOUO
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 2:23:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I'm a SCAR17 owner and have only a couple thousand rounds down the pipe. It's only ever worn a COMP M4s since it killed a variable power 1-4 IOR scope I had laying around. IMHO the platform has potential but has problems. The stock latch and trigger among them as well. If those problems aren't being addressed by FN I'm having a hard time getting upset about a simple aftermarket part that could resolve a serious design problem.

This thread is kind of a clusterfuck, so my question is does the Handl lower unfuck the optic eating problem of the gun?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I cratered my stock latch and replaced it with the metal one. Seems like FN should make those standard.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 2:29:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I cratered my stock latch and replaced it with the metal one. Seems like FN should make those standard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where did you buy it? Thanks
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 2:34:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dana,

I haven't had any problems with mine but I did replace them out of the box. One thing I did notice is that the new SCARs are coming from FN with a new stock latch. It's a tan, plastic stock latch. The old stock latches were black plastic. I think the new tan stock latches should be good to go. You might even be able to get one of the new plastic tan ones if you call FN.

These are the aluminum ones I have been using:
http://tangodown.com/shop/tangodown-fn-scar-aluminum-stock-latch/
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 2:35:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tango down.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 2:38:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Handl defense and slide fires go together like mall ninjas and tapco.  I don't know what that means.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 2:41:01 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

No significant advantage.  At least  you are finally accepting that despite not accepting a slide fire, the scar 16 is still better than the m4 platform, just not significantly better.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 2:41:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

No better way to build credibility than to make your personal bias transparently clear.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 2:41:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Dana,

I haven't had any problems with mine but I did replace them out of the box. One thing I did notice is that the new SCARs are coming from FN with a new stock latch. It's a tan, plastic stock latch. The old stock latches were black plastic. I think the new tan stock latches should be good to go. You might even be able to get one of the new plastic tan ones if you call FN.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dana,

Thanks! Mine has the tan but I'm going to buy the aluminum for future use if needed.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 2:43:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No better way to build credibility than to make your personal bias transparently clear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's the first person I ever added to my ignore list.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 2:47:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yea like I said earlier the guy is a solid guy in other threads but mention the SCAR and it just delves intro mindless trolling and hatred.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 4:35:03 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Yea like I said earlier the guy is a solid guy in other threads but mention the SCAR and it just delves intro mindless trolling and hatred.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So if I'm solid in other threads, and I use the same pragmatic and fact based opinions as in here, is me being a "mindless troll" in this on a reflection of me, or you projecting?

Link Posted: 7/11/2014 4:57:57 PM EDT
[#32]
So, getting back to the point of the thread, the AR blows the SCAR out of the water with aftermarket support, variety, track record, pretty much every metric imaginable.

I don't see the SCAR ever getting to the same point, especially if the current atmosphere is "It's perfect like it is".  The Germans treated the G36 the same way...  

Link Posted: 7/11/2014 5:32:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I don't see the SCAR ever getting to the same point, especially if the current atmosphere is "It's perfect like it is".
View Quote

Especially if people continue claiming incompatible accessories are a design fault of the weapon itself.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 8:50:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

There are 9 criteria for FOUO, the one cited to prevent disclosure PA involves releasing PII (thin g like socials, dates of birth, etc)

FOUO can be used to prevent the release of proprietary information, not owned by the government but having said that something like 90 percent of documents labeled FOUO is not really FOUO
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

cut and paste , cut and paste, .. but make no mistake I post up the CAR-H spec sheet in here I'm probably going to get nuked for it. I dont post anything that has a FOUO statement and neither should you. They are really loosing their sense of humor on that shit. can't take my phone in buildings? sure as shit not going to be posting up a damn thing remotely DoD bad karma, nothing on the internet every really goes away.

...anyway I'll play this game

the ways a SCAR is better than an AR - runs cleaner, has more future potential, there is alot of room in the receiver , lots of space to work in, the ar has much less room for innovation, its tapped out big picture wise.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 9:25:29 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

So, getting back to the point of the thread, the AR blows the SCAR out of the water with aftermarket support, variety, track record, pretty much every metric imaginable.

I don't see the SCAR ever getting to the same point, especially if the current atmosphere is "It's perfect like it is".  The Germans treated the G36 the same way...  

View Quote
Germans can be pretty whacked.

I once worked in a motorcycle shop with a German mechanic. I watched him start filling a bike's fuel tank from a fuel can. But he had forgotten to shut off the petcocks. Fuel was pouring out onto the floor. We all yelled, "Hey, xxxxx, stop pouring; the petcock are on!" He replied, "Ziss is impossible! I turned of zee petcocks!" and kept pouring. The shop manager had to practically pull the can from his hands to get him to stop pouring and to realize that he had in fact left the petcocks on. Weird dude.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 9:55:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 10:05:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 10:07:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I've sent him multiple IMs over the last year or so. At first I was  simply curious as to what he'd come from.
As he continued to make some eyebrow raising statements, I asked for his class number, and then sent him mine.
No answer.
I'm leaning towards bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
snip

I've sent him multiple IMs over the last year or so. At first I was  simply curious as to what he'd come from.
As he continued to make some eyebrow raising statements, I asked for his class number, and then sent him mine.
No answer.
I'm leaning towards bullshit.

are you saying "green beret" isn't ....
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 10:07:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 10:10:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 10:16:26 PM EDT
[#41]
agreed I've been give that dude RTL level bitch slaps for about a year, He never answered me about pineland and the camouflage shack , taj mahal etc so I think GSB
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 10:22:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 10:33:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

People have said that about me as well, but my ODA was breaking SCARs before you joined this website.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

People have said that about me as well, but my ODA was breaking SCARs before you joined this website.

I was wondering when you'd show up to this party.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 10:41:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 10:44:11 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I think we've spoke of my experiences. I'd rather repeat them to you a thousand times  a day rather than keep trying to teach the untrainable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think we've spoke of my experiences. I'd rather repeat them to you a thousand times  a day rather than keep trying to teach the untrainable.

Indeed you have.  Many in this thread would be wiser if they listened to what you had to say.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 11:02:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Pretty sure GB just wanted a cool sounding screen name.

But the fact he won't straight up say yes or know when asked is pretty BS.

Link Posted: 7/11/2014 11:05:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 11:35:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not like you have as much experience as the guy with the shiny, brand new, scratchless gun that he bought 3 years ago. Jesus, you act like shooting 50 rounds through a gun in ONE range session isn't enough to grok every aspect of its existence.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 11:38:50 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/coldair/scar%20s/IMG_0688_zpsa6ec606a.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v95/coldair/scar%20s/IMG_0689_zpsb157fa39.jpg

View Quote
I hate flip flops man. No way I'm putting them on a gun. If I hate the way they feel between my toes why would I subject my gun to that?

Link Posted: 7/11/2014 11:40:10 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

So if I'm solid in other threads, and I use the same pragmatic and fact based opinions as in here, is me being a "mindless troll" in this on a reflection of me, or you projecting?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You should feel terrible about that guy ignoring you. How can you hurt a person's feelings like that?

Page / 24
Top Top