BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 11:34:36 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Update: After exchanging a series of very unpleasant emails with Regency (they insisted that I must have been burning "corrosive materials", and I threatened to contact the BBB and state attorney general's consumer protection division and take them to small claims court), Regency sent a representative out to my house. He had instructions to inspect my woodpile as well as the stove. Very nice fellow who said the stove was defective and that they'd repair or replace it.

I wonder how much it cost for them to do that as compared to paying that D.A. customer
service rep's hours expended to give you the the run-around.

As someone that had to deal directly with customers a lot selling outdoor equipment
like lawnmowers and weed-whackers, I found it a lot more cost effective and faster to
just resolve the situation to the customer's benefit.
Only the Lord knows how many v-belts, trimmer heads, and shear pins I gave away,
even when I suspected knew it was the customer's fault.  

Link Posted: 8/22/2006 11:41:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Fuck that. Have them remove it and give you your money back so you can buy someone else's product.

Unless, of course, they make this asshat lick your nuts in contrition.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 11:53:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Simple...

Under 5k? threaten them with small claims court. if they don't move from that save all correspondence, pareiculary the stuff that shows they were unwilling to inspect it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 11:54:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Then I got this one back from him:

"As promised, I will talk to them, regardless of how tasteless and inaccurate your statement was online."

As soon as I read this, I was appalled!

Our own Rodent, "tasteless".

Unbelievable!!!

I bet I could get a petition of thousands, hundreds, dozens, a couple of guys that would swear that you are nothing like "tasteless"!

Just let me know.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 1:30:46 PM EDT
[#5]
from Regency's web site -

"You wouldn't put alcohol in your gas tank, so do not put anything but dried hardwood in your stove. Pressure treated wood, stained or painted wood, mill ends and garbage burn unpredictably, and release a lot of chemicals that can damage the components of your stove and chimney (not to mention their contribution to pollution). Your lifetime warranty only protects you if you burn the right wood."

I think they would have a hard time proving that improper fuel was used as long as it wasn't coal.

You might look into the stoves sold by Castle Stove Company in Qunicy, Illinois -
uh wait a second, never mind ...

[TBK1: sorry, I couldn't resist.]

Link Posted: 8/22/2006 1:45:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 2:02:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't get mad, get even - FTC Federal Trade Commission

FTC complaint form:

https://rn.ftc.gov/pls/dod/wsolcq$.startup?Z_ORG_CODE=PU01
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 2:34:52 PM EDT
[#8]
This from Bob the owner-----------

Product Support

We are committed to your satisfaction. FPI's Regency, Palace, Hampton, and Excalibur products are sold through a carefully selected network of over 2000 professionally trained specialty fireplace retailers.

My Guarantee

I am so confident in the quality workmanship, the finest materials, and durable heavy-duty construction invested in each and every product, that I offer a Limited Lifetime Warranty.

We know that you will be as proud of your Regency as we are - I guarantee it.

Robert Little
Founder & CEO

You might try getting in touch with ol'Bob by phone and recount your experiences to date with his employees and see what his response is...

Link Posted: 8/22/2006 5:32:06 PM EDT
[#9]
A guy that really knows how to handle customer service will have the customer thanking him, coming back to buy more, and bragging to all his friends that they shouldn't buy anything else.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 5:37:57 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
A guy that really knows how to handle customer service will have the customer thanking him, coming back to buy more, and bragging to all his friends that they shouldn't buy anything else.

I told them as much - that they had a chance to create a loyal customer, and instead they created one who will never buy another of their products.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 5:48:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, I'm glad you are getting somewhere with them. IF  you smelled combustion products you should haul out the big gun of the furnace and wood burner industry, CO and tell them that any CO injuries from a defective product, especially if they did not bother to phsically check it out would be laid at their feet.

CO is a very winnable way to win in court and injuries from it, produced from a defective item are awarded amounts far in exess of what a replacement item would be.
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 5:51:39 PM EDT
[#12]
One word:
Next time try out a Quadrafire.
Ok, maybe not one.
I was thinking you could maybe drop that stove by there shop next time you are flying overhead ? This way they could check it out up close and personal.
I have made my stove glow red and thankfully no ill effects. Its the biggest Quadrafire they sell and it heats my whole house.
Paul
Link Posted: 8/22/2006 6:02:44 PM EDT
[#13]
If you have to "Baby" your wood stove, you need a different stove. Burning pallet oak should not be a problem, it is simply very dry cured wood.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top