Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:58:17 AM EDT
[#1]
1 Peter 2:18
Slaves, in reverent fear of God submit yourselves to your masters, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:10:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
"It is better for us to die in battle than to witness the evils befalling our nation and our sanctuary." -  1 Maccabees 3:59. From 58-60 is good, but 59 is my favorite piece of it.

View Quote

It's nice seeing the apocrypha quoted. I used a section from Tobit in my wedding .
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:30:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Psalm 82:4-
Rescue the weak and the needy, deliver them from the hand of the wicked.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:33:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Daniel 3: 23-25

23 And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.

24 Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonished, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king.

25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:38:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Came to post this.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Luke 22:36 And He said to them, "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one".

Came to post this.

Of course, right after that, Jesus said two swords were enough for 12 people.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:01:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It's nice seeing the apocrypha quoted. I used a section from Tobit in my wedding .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"It is better for us to die in battle than to witness the evils befalling our nation and our sanctuary." -  1 Maccabees 3:59. From 58-60 is good, but 59 is my favorite piece of it.

Judith 14:

"1 Judith said, 'Listen to me, brothers. Take this head and hang it on your battlements.
4 All you and the others who live in the territory of Israel will have to do is to give chase and slaughter them as they retreat."
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:35:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Luke 22:36 And He said to them, "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one".

Came to post this.

and told them not to actually use their swords.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 12:43:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Came to post this.

One sword is none.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 1:02:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Came to post this.

Actually it's that they were not to use them in anger or without cause.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:53:47 PM EDT
[#10]

1 Timothy 2:11-12:

"A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent."
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 3:54:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Leviticus 15:19

And if a woman have an issue, and her issue in her flesh be blood, she shall be put apart seven days: and whosoever toucheth her shall be unclean until the even.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:03:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Two corthians 3:17 , that's the whole ball game
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:31:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

1 Timothy 2:11-12:

"A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent."
View Quote

You may be trying to be witty, but the culture back then was completely different than today. Not to mention there were leaders in the churches that Paul wrote to in his letters. Additionally the words translated from the original text hold different delivery to them some times that gets lost in our reading . The Mennonites I have met do hold strong to no women in leadership roles tho.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 4:44:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
IBTL.
View Quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSnxevpSflM
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 5:13:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Joshua 1:9 English Standard Version (ESV)

9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
View Quote

Hmmm..... Where have I read that before????    

OH YEAH!  On my coffee mug that I drink from every morning!!
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 5:37:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Isaiah 54:17...................." No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper, and every tongue that riseth against thee shalt thou condemn.   This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of Me saith the Lord. "  
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 5:39:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Revelations 19:11
Then I saw heaven opened, and a white horse was standing there. Its rider was named Faithful and True, for he judges fairly and wages a righteous war.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 5:43:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Psalms was written by Solomon: a wise man burdened by great responsibility in a foul world, a gifted warrior in a violent world, and an ultimately flawed man that we can all relate to. I read Psalms as the cries of a desperate man.

Psalm 23 brings tears to my eyes every time I read it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Psalm 23
A psalm of David.

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
    He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
    he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
   for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk
   through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
   for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
   they comfort me.

Psalms was written by Solomon: a wise man burdened by great responsibility in a foul world, a gifted warrior in a violent world, and an ultimately flawed man that we can all relate to. I read Psalms as the cries of a desperate man.

Psalm 23 brings tears to my eyes every time I read it.

David
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 5:58:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Deuteronomy 17:
2 If there is found among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, a man or woman who does what is evil in the sight of the LORD your God, and transgresses his covenant 3 by going to serve other gods and worshiping them—whether the sun or the moon or any of the host of heaven, which I have forbidden— 4 and if it is reported to you or you hear of it, and you make a thorough inquiry, and the charge is proved true that such an abhorrent thing has occurred in Israel, 5 then you shall bring out to your gates that man or that woman who has committed this crime and you shall stone the man or woman to death. 20 But any prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, or who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded the prophet to speak—that prophet shall die.”

Bring it on.  I don't worship your god, try and take me to the gates.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 6:30:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Radical Christianity?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 6:30:52 PM EDT
[#22]
I don't know the citations, but my favorites are...

Be still, and know that I am God.

The heavens declare the glory of God, and the firmament shows His handiwork.

Before Abraham was I AM.

And let he that has no sword sell his garment and buy one

What is man, o Lord, that You are mindful of him?

The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. Blessed be the Name of the Lord.

There are others, but my brain has decided to stop working....
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 7:33:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Deuteronomy 17:
2 If there is found among you, in one of your towns that the LORD your God is giving you, a man or woman who does what is evil in the sight of the LORD your God, and transgresses his covenant 3 by going to serve other gods and worshiping them—whether the sun or the moon or any of the host of heaven, which I have forbidden— 4 and if it is reported to you or you hear of it, and you make a thorough inquiry, and the charge is proved true that such an abhorrent thing has occurred in Israel, 5 then you shall bring out to your gates that man or that woman who has committed this crime and you shall stone the man or woman to death. 20 But any prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, or who presumes to speak in my name a word that I have not commanded the prophet to speak—that prophet shall die.”

Bring it on.  I don't worship your god, try and take me to the gates.
View Quote

Christians won't, even if you were inside the Vatican or St. (Insert name)'s Cathedral.

Muslims in a Muslim-controlled city certainly will.

...but I bet you already knew that.

(Also, lol at those who try to quote "bad' parts of the Old Testament, as if they're making some kind of point....Proverbs 1:7)
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 7:38:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Psalm 137:9

Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:00:46 PM EDT
[#25]
I've had mine listed in all my posts for a few years .

John 11:25  Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live,
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:08:43 PM EDT
[#26]
"In this world you will have trouble."
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:12:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Proverbs 24:6.  For by wise counsel thou shall wage thy war and in multitude of counsel there is safety.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 8:27:44 PM EDT
[#28]
1 Samuel 5:9&12

The deaths in the Raiders of the Lost Ark were not accurately portrayed...... hemorrhoids.., they should have died of nasty hemorrhoids. (Better translation that "tumors" that is found in many bibles)
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:13:23 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
There's atleast a few things in the old testament that remind me alot of what I know about Islam. There's even a part about what to do with female captives.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, Let us go and worship other gods (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people. Stone him to death, because he tried to turn you away from the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again. Deuteronomy 13:6-11

In other words: "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."

The violent intolorance in exploring and/or believing in other religions sounds.....familiar.

I just can't quite put my finger on where I've heard that before.

There's atleast a few things in the old testament that remind me alot of what I know about Islam. There's even a part about what to do with female captives.

Yeah, sounds a LOT like it.

Fortunately the vast majority of Christians chose to selectively ignore many of the icky parts.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:47:49 PM EDT
[#30]
"Behold!  I bring you tidings of great joy!"
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:50:33 PM EDT
[#31]
My father was a hard working man who loved scripture and loved the Lord. When he passed this verse made everything I learned growing up make sense and gave me comfort in his passing.  Romans 8:38 " For I am convinced that neither life nor death, angels or demons, the present or the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord"
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:54:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Fortunately the vast majority of Christians chose to selectively ignore many of the icky parts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, Let us go and worship other gods (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people. Stone him to death, because he tried to turn you away from the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again. Deuteronomy 13:6-11

The violent intolorance in exploring and/or believing in other religions sounds.....familiar.

You have to remember that the whole population of Israel at this time had seen the pillar of smoke and fire sit on the tabernacle and lead them in the wilderness. For them to follow other gods would be a really big deal since they could see a physical presence of God.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 9:56:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
6:10, I like that one too  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Armor of God verses in Ephesians. Don't remember the chapter or verse # off hand though
6:10, I like that one too  

That was the one I was going to post

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:00:53 PM EDT
[#34]

Isaiah 53 New
King James Version (NKJV)
<o:p></o:p>

53 Who has
believed our report?

And to whom has
the arm of the Lord been revealed?

2 For He shall
grow up before Him as a tender plant,

And as a root
out of dry ground.

He has no form
or comeliness;

And when we see
Him,

There is no
beauty that we should desire Him.

3 He is
despised and rejected by men,

A Man of
sorrows and acquainted with grief.

And we hid, as
it were, our faces from Him;

He was
despised, and we did not esteem Him.

4 Surely He has
borne our griefs

And carried our
sorrows;

Yet we esteemed
Him stricken,

Smitten by God,
and afflicted.

5 But He was
wounded for our transgressions,

He was bruised
for our iniquities;

The
chastisement for our peace was upon Him,

And by His
stripes we are healed.

6 All we like
sheep have gone astray;

We have turned,
every one, to his own way;

And the Lord
has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.

7 He was
oppressed and He was afflicted,

Yet He opened
not His mouth;

He was led as a
lamb to the slaughter,

And as a sheep
before its shearers is silent,

So He opened
not His mouth.

8 He was taken
from prison and from judgment,

And who will
declare His generation?

For He was cut
off from the land of the living;

For the transgressions
of My people He was stricken.

9 And they[a]
made His grave with the wicked—

But with the
rich at His death,

Because He had
done no violence,

Nor was any
deceit in His mouth.

10 Yet it
pleased the Lord to bruise Him;

He has put Him
to grief.

When You make
His soul an offering for sin,

He shall see
His seed, He shall prolong His days,

And the
pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His hand.

11 He shall see
the labor of His soul,and be satisfied.

By His
knowledge My righteous Servant shall justify many,

For He shall
bear their iniquities.

12 Therefore I
will divide Him a portion with the great,

And He shall
divide the spoil with the strong,

Because He
poured out His soul unto death,

And He was
numbered with the transgressors,

And He bore the
sin of many,

And made intercession
for the transgressors
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:02:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Psalms 23:4
View Quote

Yep.  My fav is the whole thing.  Truly inspirational for me but 23:4 really hits home for it describes my relationship with God.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:03:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Pretty sure Islam worships the God of Abraham same as Jews and Christians, but they probably follow a false prophet like Jesus warned about. For some reason I was under the impression that Muslims are descendants of Ismael and that's why they're fighting with the descendants of Isaac(Jacob/Israel)?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Deuteronomy 6:15

For the Lord, your God, who lives among you, is a jealous God. His anger will burn against you, and he will smite you from the face of the earth.

This one too; the verse before it really makes this one sink in.

14 Do not follow other gods, the gods of the peoples around you; 15 for the Lord your God, who is among you, is a jealous God and his anger will burn against you, and he will destroy you from the face of the land.

Islam anyone?

Pretty sure Islam worships the God of Abraham same as Jews and Christians, but they probably follow a false prophet like Jesus warned about. For some reason I was under the impression that Muslims are descendants of Ismael and that's why they're fighting with the descendants of Isaac(Jacob/Israel)?

Nope.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:03:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Another favorite:

1 Corinthians 1:26 For consider your calling, brethren, that there were not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble; 27 but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong, 28 and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may nullify the things that are, 29 so that no man may boast before God. 30 But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption, 31 so that, just as it is written, "Let him who boasts, boast in the Lord.”

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:03:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Daniel 3: 23-25

23 And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, fell down bound into the midst of the burning fiery furnace.

24 Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astonished, and rose up in haste, and spake, and said unto his counsellors, Did not we cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said unto the king, True, O king.

25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.
View Quote

Fiery furnace is my favorite story.  It almost makes me tear up for some reason.  Just read it to my boy.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:07:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Nope.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Deuteronomy 6:15

For the Lord, your God, who lives among you, is a jealous God. His anger will burn against you, and he will smite you from the face of the earth.

This one too; the verse before it really makes this one sink in.

14 Do not follow other gods, the gods of the peoples around you; 15 for the Lord your God, who is among you, is a jealous God and his anger will burn against you, and he will destroy you from the face of the land.

Islam anyone?

Nope.

Then what do they mean when they say abrahamic religion?
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:09:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
There's no way this thread is going to last.

And I've always liked this one:

15 And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do?       16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.

17 And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

2 Kings 6:15-17

View Quote

Was going to post this one, its my favorite as well...
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:16:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Not my favorite but this guy was a bad ass.
Genesis 17:24 Abraham was ninety-nine years old when he was circumcised in the flesh of his foreskin.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:18:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's no need to ignore them. They fall generally into two categories. First, specific commands: Go to Bedford Falls and kill everyone there, dogs and all. That's not something directed to us; the Israelites already did it. Second, a legal code for living in a homogeneous theocracy, which likewise does not apply to us. Christianity was born into a heterogeneous, pagan-dominated world. Christians are given instructions for accommodating themselves to pre-existing institutions. Rules are given for conduct in marriage, an extant civil institution. The verse that says "Slaves be subject to your masters is followed by "And masters, treat your slaves the same way, without threatening them, because you know that both their Master and yours is in heaven, and there is no favoritism with Him."
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:29:08 PM EDT
[#43]
From Luke 9.

49 And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us.

50 And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:29:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.

Jews claim descent from Abraham through Isaac. Arabs claim descent front Abraham through Ishmael. However, Allah and Yahweh are not the same thing. Yahweh loves the Jews; they are his chosen people. Allah says they are descended from apes and pigs and should be slain at the last day. Allah says that the testimony of an infidel is to be worth half that of a believer; Yahweh said that foreigners are to be treated exactly as Jews are treated in court. Allah says that believers are perpetually at war with infidels until all are killed, converted, or subjugated; Yahweh says no such thing. Islam, Judaism, and Christianity are all Abrahamic in the sense that to one degree or another they are traceable to Abraham; however, they do not all worship the same god.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:34:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Judges 15;16
Then Samson said, "With a donkey's jawbone I have made donkeys of them. With a donkey's jawbone I have killed a thousand men."

A wayfarer should not walk unarmed,
But have his weapons to hand:
He knows not when he may need a spear,
Or what menace meet on the road.

He welcomes the night who has enough provisions
Short are the sails of a ship,
Dangerous the dark in autumn,
The wind may veer within five days,
And many times in a month.

The coward believes he will live forever
If he holds back in the battle,
But in old age he shall have no peace
Though spears have spared his limbs
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:34:58 PM EDT
[#46]
2 Cor. 12:10

For when I am weak, then I am strong.

"You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body" C.S. Lewis
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:36:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love how it when atheists try to compare the old testament to modern islam.

Here's the difference, scooter.

We grew up and realized that stoning people in the 21st century is kind of bad. Not a very popular method for justice, so we kind of............you know..............stopped that about 600 years ago or so.

Islam never grew up. In fact, they are frantically trying to GO BACK to those laws all over the world.

So yeah, maybe you should be bashing the pople who are CURRENTLY mutilating girls, throwing gays off buildings, strapping bombs to kids, and generally being galactic sized assholes all over the planet instead of bashing people who's greatest crime in the last 100 years has been fucking up traffic around their mega churches every sunday.

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:50:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Malachi 4

THE GREAT DAY OF THE LORD

1 "For behold, a the day is coming, Burning like an oven, and all the proud, yes, all who do wickedly will be stubble.
And the day which is coming shall burn them up", says the LORD of hosts, that will leave them neither root nor branch.
2 But to you who fear My name The Sun of Righteousness shall arise with healing in His wings; and you shall go out and grow fat like stall-fed calves.
3 "You shall trample the wicked, for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day that I do this," says the LORD of hosts.

God gonna get fired up and gonna burn some mofos, righteously...
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 10:52:03 PM EDT
[#49]
The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet.
The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you.

Romans 16:20 NIV
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 11:00:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Deuteronomy 17
If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey. (1 Samuel 15:3)

Deuteronomy 21:18–21
“If any man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will anot obey his father or his mother, and when they chastise him, he will not even listen to them, then his father and mother shall seize him, and bring him out to the elders of his city 1at the gateway of his hometown. “They shall say to the elders of his city, ‘This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey us, he is a glutton and a drunkard.“Then all the men of his city shall stone him to death; so you shall remove the evil from your midst, and call Israel will hear of it and fear.

Leviticus 20:13: If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Leviticus 15 19 “Whenever a woman has her menstrual period, she will be ceremonially unclean for seven days. Anyone who touches her during that time will be unclean until evening. 20 Anything on which the woman lies or sits during the time of her period will be unclean. 21 If any of you touch her bed, you must wash your clothes and bathe yourself in water, and you will remain unclean until evening. 22 If you touch any object she has sat on, you must wash your clothes and bathe yourself in water, and you will remain unclean until evening. 23 This includes her bed or any other object she has sat on; you will be unclean until evening if you touch it. 24 If a man has sexual intercourse with her and her blood touches him, her menstrual impurity will be transmitted to him. He will remain unclean for seven days, and any bed on which he lies will be unclean. 25 “If a woman has a flow of blood for many days that is unrelated to her menstrual period, or if the blood continues beyond the normal period, she is ceremonially unclean. As during her menstrual period, the woman will be unclean as long as the discharge continues. 26 Any bed she lies on and any object she sits on during that time will be unclean, just as during her normal menstrual period. 27 If any of you touch these things, you will be ceremonially unclean. You must wash your clothes and bathe yourself in water, and you will remain unclean until evening. 28 “When the woman’s bleeding stops, she must count off seven days. Then she will be ceremonially clean. 29 On the eighth day she must bring two turtledoves or two young pigeons and present them to the priest at the entrance of the Tabernacle. 30 The priest will offer one for a sin offering and the other for a burnt offering. Through this process, the priest will purify her before the LORD for the ceremonial impurity caused by her bleeding. 31 “This is how you will guard the people of Israel from ceremonial uncleanness. Otherwise they would die, for their impurity would defile my Tabernacle that stands among them. 32 These are the instructions for dealing with anyone who has a bodily discharge—a man who is unclean because of an emission of semen 33 or a woman during her menstrual period. It applies to any man or woman who has a bodily discharge, and to a man who has sexual intercourse with a woman who is ceremonially unclean.”
View Quote

Have you ever noticed that these passages, as well as other similar ones later in this thread, are in the book of Deuteronomy, or from a book in the same time period?  That's because these laws were for one people for one time.  These are not Biblical laws.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top