Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 2/8/2016 8:30:39 PM EDT
Mine: "The wicked flee when no one pursues, but the righteous are bold as a lion." Proverbs 28:1

Makes me think of my dad. Fearless son a bitch. Honest, even when it cost him money. One of the formative memories of my childhood was that man telling me, "It's good to be brave, but it's even better to be fearless. When you love the truth so much you're willing to die for it, you'll never be scared again."

Word for word, I swear. Some things you just don't forget. That man is bold as a lion.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:33:12 PM EDT
[#1]
ost
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:37:31 PM EDT
[#2]

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the
inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he
who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through
the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper and the
finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great
vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and
destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My
vengeance upon thee.”

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:45:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Then David said to the Philistine,

"You come to me with a sword and with a spear and with a javelin,

but I come to you in the name of the LORD of hosts,

the God of the armies of Israel,

whom you have defied.

This day the LORD will deliver you into my hand,

and I will strike you down and cut off your head.

And I will give the dead bodies of the host of the Philistines this day

to the birds of the air and to the wild beasts of the earth,

that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel,

and that all this assembly may know

that the LORD saves not with sword and spear.

For the battle is the LORD’s, and he will give you into our hand.”

1 Samuel 17:45-47

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:46:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee.”

View Quote

Too bad that lefty POS Tarantino had to appropriate that verse for one of this movies. Recited by an actor playing a hitman working for a drug dealer. Just as the Lord would have intended...
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:47:04 PM EDT
[#5]
The whole Bible.

Romans 12:2

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:52:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Luke 22:36 And He said to them, "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one".
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:53:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Ezekiel 23 20.

For she doted on their paramours, whose flesh is as the flesh of asses, and whose issue is like the issue of horses.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:53:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Romans 13:4King James Version (KJV)

4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:55:01 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Too bad that lefty POS Tarantino had to appropriate that verse for one of this movies. Recited by an actor playing a hitman working for a drug dealer. Just as the Lord would have intended...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know My name is the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon thee.”

I really hope that you know that verse is FAKE.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:56:54 PM EDT
[#10]
He who does not work, neither shall he eat
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:57:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, I didn't. I've read the Bible cover to cover, but I've also been hit in the head thousands of times. I no longer expect my memory to come through for me. Off to google...

ETA: You're right. Ezekiel 25:17 is "I will carry out great vengeance on them and punish them in my wrath. Then they will know that I am the Lord, when I take vengeance on them."  

I never knew that the Hollywood version was less than 100% accurate. How could I have known? I mean, Hollywood is usually so honest and faithful when it comes to these things.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:58:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 8:58:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

He who does not work, neither shall he eat
View Quote

2 Thessalonians 3:10 For even when we were with you, we used to give you this order: if anyone is not willing to work, then he is not to eat.

I use that one when bleeding hearts ask "what would Jesus do?" when debating welfare.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:00:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Psalm 144:1

A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle;
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:01:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:01:55 PM EDT
[#16]
I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:02:43 PM EDT
[#17]
The fake one from Pulp Fiction.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:04:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Psalm 23
A psalm of David.

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
    He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
    he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
   for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk
   through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
   for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
   they comfort me.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:05:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
No, I didn't. I've read the Bible cover to cover, but I've also been hit in the head thousands of times. I no longer expect my memory to come through for me. Off to google...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Only the very last sentence in his speech is from Ezekiel 25:17.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:07:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

A Psalm of David. Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle;
View Quote

I like,this one.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:11:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Isaiah 40:31

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:12:52 PM EDT
[#22]
He took the time to make a whip, came back to the temple, and kicked ass.  

My interpretation: Sometimes violence is necessary.  

And He found in the temple those who were selling oxen and sheep and doves, and the money changers seated at their tables.

And
He made a scourge of cords, and drove them all out of the temple, with
the sheep and the oxen; and He poured out the coins of the money
changers and overturned their tables;

and to those who were selling the doves He said, "Take these things away; stop making My Father's house a place of business."…

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:13:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Psalm 23
A psalm of David.

he refreshes my soul.
   for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk
I will fear no evil,
   for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
   they comfort me.
View Quote

Psalms was written by Solomon: a wise man burdened by great responsibility in a foul world, a gifted warrior in a violent world, and an ultimately flawed man that we can all relate to. I read Psalms as the cries of a desperate man.

Psalm 23 brings tears to my eyes every time I read it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:14:28 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View Quote

I like that one.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:17:54 PM EDT
[#25]
““Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.’”
Matthew 7:21-23 ESV

“You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror. How foolish! Can’t you see that faith without good deeds is useless”
James 2:19-20 NLT

“Yet God freely and graciously declares that we are righteous. He did this through Christ Jesus when he freed us from the penalty for our sins.”
Romans 3:24 NLT
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:18:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Jackson's verse from SPR is pretty awesome..Psalm 144 or something like that.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:20:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Proverbs 18:6
A fools lips cause strife,  and his mouth invites a beating
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:23:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Deuteronomy 17
If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey. (1 Samuel 15:3)

Deuteronomy 21:18–21
“If any man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will anot obey his father or his mother, and when they chastise him, he will not even listen to them, then his father and mother shall seize him, and bring him out to the elders of his city 1at the gateway of his hometown. “They shall say to the elders of his city, ‘This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey us, he is a glutton and a drunkard.“Then all the men of his city shall stone him to death; so you shall remove the evil from your midst, and call Israel will hear of it and fear.

Leviticus 20:13: If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Leviticus 15 19 “Whenever a woman has her menstrual period, she will be ceremonially unclean for seven days. Anyone who touches her during that time will be unclean until evening. 20 Anything on which the woman lies or sits during the time of her period will be unclean. 21 If any of you touch her bed, you must wash your clothes and bathe yourself in water, and you will remain unclean until evening. 22 If you touch any object she has sat on, you must wash your clothes and bathe yourself in water, and you will remain unclean until evening. 23 This includes her bed or any other object she has sat on; you will be unclean until evening if you touch it. 24 If a man has sexual intercourse with her and her blood touches him, her menstrual impurity will be transmitted to him. He will remain unclean for seven days, and any bed on which he lies will be unclean. 25 “If a woman has a flow of blood for many days that is unrelated to her menstrual period, or if the blood continues beyond the normal period, she is ceremonially unclean. As during her menstrual period, the woman will be unclean as long as the discharge continues. 26 Any bed she lies on and any object she sits on during that time will be unclean, just as during her normal menstrual period. 27 If any of you touch these things, you will be ceremonially unclean. You must wash your clothes and bathe yourself in water, and you will remain unclean until evening. 28 “When the woman’s bleeding stops, she must count off seven days. Then she will be ceremonially clean. 29 On the eighth day she must bring two turtledoves or two young pigeons and present them to the priest at the entrance of the Tabernacle. 30 The priest will offer one for a sin offering and the other for a burnt offering. Through this process, the priest will purify her before the LORD for the ceremonial impurity caused by her bleeding. 31 “This is how you will guard the people of Israel from ceremonial uncleanness. Otherwise they would die, for their impurity would defile my Tabernacle that stands among them. 32 These are the instructions for dealing with anyone who has a bodily discharge—a man who is unclean because of an emission of semen 33 or a woman during her menstrual period. It applies to any man or woman who has a bodily discharge, and to a man who has sexual intercourse with a woman who is ceremonially unclean.”
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:23:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:24:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
He took the time to make a whip, came back to the temple, and kicked ass.  
My interpretation: Sometimes violence is necessary.  

And He found in the temple those who were selling oxen and sheep and doves, and the money changers seated at their tables.
And He made a scourge of cords, and drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen; and He poured out the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables;
and to those who were selling the doves He said, "Take these things away; stop making My Father's house a place of business."…
View Quote

This verse was always a comfort to my father, a holy but violent man. It shows that even Jesus was capable of violence in a violent world. As Jahdai42 posted, "...whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one".

Jesus taught us to turn the other cheek to an insult, but to be ready to fight and kill those who would attack us and our families. Jesus' mission was to teach the world higher lessons, but ours is to protect our families while still obeying his word. It's a fine line to walk.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:24:20 PM EDT
[#31]

Ezekiel 20:25-26I also gave them over to statutes that were not good and laws they could not live by; I let them become defiled through their gifts—
<wbr></wbr>the sacrifice of every firstborn—
<wbr></wbr>that I might fill them with horror so they would know that I am the lord.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:25:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Speak to Aaron, saying, 'No man of your offspring throughout their generations who has a defect shall approach to offer the food of his God.  For no one who has a defect shall approach: a blind man, or a lame man, or he who has a disfigured face, or any deformed limb, or a man who has a broken foot or broken hand, or a hunchback or a dwarf, or one who has a defect in his eye or eczema or scabs or crushed testicles Leviticus 21.1>

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:25:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Deuteronomy 17
If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Now go and attack Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them. But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey. (1 Samuel 15:3)

Deuteronomy 21:18–21
“If any man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will anot obey his father or his mother, and when they chastise him, he will not even listen to them, then his father and mother shall seize him, and bring him out to the elders of his city 1at the gateway of his hometown. “They shall say to the elders of his city, ‘This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey us, he is a glutton and a drunkard.“Then all the men of his city shall stone him to death; so you shall remove the evil from your midst, and call Israel will hear of it and fear.

Leviticus 20:13: If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Leviticus 15 19 “Whenever a woman has her menstrual period, she will be ceremonially unclean for seven days. Anyone who touches her during that time will be unclean until evening. 20 Anything on which the woman lies or sits during the time of her period will be unclean. 21 If any of you touch her bed, you must wash your clothes and bathe yourself in water, and you will remain unclean until evening. 22 If you touch any object she has sat on, you must wash your clothes and bathe yourself in water, and you will remain unclean until evening. 23 This includes her bed or any other object she has sat on; you will be unclean until evening if you touch it. 24 If a man has sexual intercourse with her and her blood touches him, her menstrual impurity will be transmitted to him. He will remain unclean for seven days, and any bed on which he lies will be unclean. 25 “If a woman has a flow of blood for many days that is unrelated to her menstrual period, or if the blood continues beyond the normal period, she is ceremonially unclean. As during her menstrual period, the woman will be unclean as long as the discharge continues. 26 Any bed she lies on and any object she sits on during that time will be unclean, just as during her normal menstrual period. 27 If any of you touch these things, you will be ceremonially unclean. You must wash your clothes and bathe yourself in water, and you will remain unclean until evening. 28 “When the woman’s bleeding stops, she must count off seven days. Then she will be ceremonially clean. 29 On the eighth day she must bring two turtledoves or two young pigeons and present them to the priest at the entrance of the Tabernacle. 30 The priest will offer one for a sin offering and the other for a burnt offering. Through this process, the priest will purify her before the LORD for the ceremonial impurity caused by her bleeding. 31 “This is how you will guard the people of Israel from ceremonial uncleanness. Otherwise they would die, for their impurity would defile my Tabernacle that stands among them. 32 These are the instructions for dealing with anyone who has a bodily discharge—a man who is unclean because of an emission of semen 33 or a woman during her menstrual period. It applies to any man or woman who has a bodily discharge, and to a man who has sexual intercourse with a woman who is ceremonially unclean.”
View Quote

I knew there would be a few of these replies.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:26:32 PM EDT
[#34]
If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, Let us go and worship other gods (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people. Stone him to death, because he tried to turn you away from the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again. Deuteronomy 13:6-11
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:28:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Joshua 24:15
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:32:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Genesis 19:33-36New King James Version (NKJV)

33 So they made their father drink wine that night. And the firstborn went in and lay with her father, and he did not know when she lay down or when she arose.

34 It happened on the next day that the firstborn said to the younger, “Indeed I lay with my father last night; let us make him drink wine tonight also, and you go in and lie with him, that we may preserve the lineage of our father.” 35 Then they made their father drink wine that night also. And the younger arose and lay with him, and he did not know when she lay down or when she arose.

36 Thus both the daughters of Lot were with child by their father.

I have perfumed my bed with myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon. Come, let us take our fill of love until the morning: let us solace ourselves with loves. For the goodman is not at home, he is gone a long journey: He hath taken a bag of money with him, and will come home at the day appointed. With her much fair speech she caused him to yield, with the flattering of her lips she forced him. He goeth after her straightway, as an ox goeth to the slaughter, or as a fool to the correction of the stocks; Proverbs (7) : 7 – 22.

I'm a big fan of thou kinky stuff.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:33:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, Let us go and worship other gods (gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), do not yield to him or listen to him. Show him no pity. Do not spare him or shield him. You must certainly put him to death. Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people. Stone him to death, because he tried to turn you away from the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again. Deuteronomy 13:6-11
View Quote

In other words: "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:35:29 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or in plain English kill your children or family members who do so much as question the bible.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:38:22 PM EDT
[#39]

II Samuel 10:12

Be of good courage, and let us play the men for our people, and for the cities of our God: and the LORD do that which seemeth him good.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:44:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Or in plain English kill your children or family members who do so much as question the bible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The OLD testament. The Hebrew bible.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:46:47 PM EDT
[#41]
John 15.13
13"Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:49:18 PM EDT
[#42]
2 Samuel 22:38

I have pursued mine enemies, and destroyed them; and turned not again until I had consumed them.

I temper it with:

Proverbs 27:20

Death and Destruction are never satisfied, and neither are the eyes of man.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:51:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:51:51 PM EDT
[#44]
IBTL.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:54:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Psalms was written by Solomon: a wise man burdened by great responsibility in a foul world, a gifted warrior in a violent world, and an ultimately flawed man that we can all relate to. I read Psalms as the cries of a desperate man.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Psalm 23
A psalm of David.

he refreshes my soul.
   for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk
I will fear no evil,
   for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
   they comfort me.

Sorry, brother, but David is credited with almost 80 pieces...  Solomon with only 2 pieces.  Moses is credited with 1 piece.

It is not a chronological text/book/writing or even of just one author.

Philippians 2:10

Romans 14:11

I love the sound of snapping bones in the morning/noon/or evening... sounds like... the Lord's Victory.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:56:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Luke 22:36 And He said to them, "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one".
View Quote

Came to post this.

Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:57:37 PM EDT
[#47]
I like this thread.  My brethren seem to be better at their Bible than I.
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:58:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Sorry, brother, but David is credited with almost 80 pieces...  Solomon with only 2 pieces.  Moses is credited with 1 piece.

It is not a chronological text/book/writing or even of just one author..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Psalm 23
A psalm of David.

he refreshes my soul.
   for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk
I will fear no evil,
   for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
   they comfort me.

It is not a chronological text/book/writing or even of just one author..

Interesting. I'll check it out.

David was Solomon's father, right? They were both tested.

How can anybody tell what was written by whom?
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 9:59:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/5wByxmO.jpg

II Samuel 10:12

Be of good courage, and let us play the men for our people, and for the cities of our God: and the LORD do that which seemeth him good.
View Quote

Superb
Link Posted: 2/8/2016 10:01:11 PM EDT
[#50]
King James Bible Isaiah 6:8
Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top