Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:20:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Schizophrenia apparently also occurs at a higher rate in the offspring of older dads (over like age 45 at time of conception).

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/23/health/fathers-age-is-linked-to-risk-of-autism-and-schizophrenia.html
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2989614/
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 2:56:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Do those studies also include that older men tend to get lucky with older women as well? Because those eggs are made once and by age 40-45 they are starting to turn FAST... while guys still got a factory turning out new ones. (though the blue prints are getting faded after long enough).

That being said, humans are crappy experimental subjects. We drink poisons, don't always act in our best long term intrests, environmental pressures can influence physical traits,  and are widely genetically varied between siblings much less between random samples.
View Quote
I'm sure scientists take that into consideration. Look up all the studies yourself, see which ones look like bunk and which look like science.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 3:00:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 3:06:37 PM EDT
[#4]
My father was 87 years old when he had me.
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 3:24:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Perhaps the older dads have passed the beer, chips and football stage.  Perhaps the older dads have passed the " Hold my dick and with this".  Can wisdom that comes with age be transported to the genetic make-up?  Social, physiological?  What about young mothers?  Older men with younger women?  It would be fun to hold some experiments
Link Posted: 6/27/2017 5:07:45 PM EDT
[#6]
As others have already posted, it's not genetically advantageous to have kids at an older age, what changes is the parenting model and the shift from, "still growing up look-at-me 20's something" to the, "I want my kid(s) to be better than me mid-30's" guy. Maturity, financial stability, and generally more fucks given would have a stronger causative relationship in that study than an age driven variable by itself.
Link Posted: 6/29/2017 6:12:49 AM EDT
[#7]
I was 38 when my son was born and he has more "Burgers" than McDonald's

Most normal five year olds are watching Barney or some other dumb shit, mine is watching YouTube videos about the endocrine system.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top