BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:14:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Is the kid a gun owner?
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:14:21 AM EDT
[#2]
What was the employee's ethnicity and religion?

What might the employee have had going that got him on a watch list?

What were your instincts about the employee prior to his boarhogging by The Man?
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:17:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Waiting on link to news article confirming this. Until then, this whole thing smells.
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:17:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Where in NY state did this raid occur?
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:18:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is for your safety and security, Citizen, please carry on.

I do wonder, though, if we are getting the entire story here.

I mean it is all I know.

The FBI and 20 cop cars raided our business. Arrested an employee. Raided his home looking for pressure canner and bomb making materials. Found little old scared lady with jarred goods.

Even if there is more to the story...how can the FBI and NYSP do all this and be SO wrong???

what exactly was the charge?
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:18:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Need news article so I can post this on Facebook.

I literally can't find a single article on this. Usually our news is on top of these things. They all listen to scanners...I guess the FBI kept it pretty hush hush? I don't know I am no expert.
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:19:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Where in NY state did this raid occur?

Rochester, NY
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:19:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I mean it is all I know.

The FBI and 20 cop cars raided our business. Arrested an employee. Raided his home looking for pressure canner and bomb making materials. Found little old scared lady with jarred goods.

Even if there is more to the story...how can the FBI and NYSP do all this and be SO wrong???

No idea. Will try to find out...but it may take time.
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:20:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My wife bought me a pressure cooker a few days before the Boston bombing, I haven't been raided (yet), should I lock up my dogs?

next time get her to dress like this, and make this arab yodel..... i bet you get raided.

Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:21:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Waiting on link to news article confirming this. Until then, this whole thing smells.

Hey I am the OP and I agree...this smells.

All I know is the FBI and NYSP raided business and his mother's home, arrested him, and found nothing terror related.

I may have missing details, but this is crazy none the less.
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:21:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Arrested for one of these?

Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:24:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Is his ethnicity Eastern European, or Middle Eastern?
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:24:20 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I literally can't find a single article on this. Usually our news is on top of these things. They all listen to scanners...I guess the FBI kept it pretty hush hush? I don't know I am no expert.

Maybe you can inform them?

If you called the local news and told them an employee's house and place of work were raided for bomb making related reasons, I'd imagine they would jump on it.

We had a local story that was all over the news when police discovered home made fireworks at a guys house.

Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:24:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You really think this is unfathomable with all the crazy police state crap and scandals that go down in our country???? Please tell me you have been paying attention the last few months, Hell, years. Sadly, this did not shock me as it should have.

Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:25:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Is he still in custody or has he been released?
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:26:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

If you called the local news and told them an employee's house and place of work were raided for bomb making related reasons, I'd imagine they would jump on it.

I would rather find out the details before I notify the news...I don't want our business to be hurt by this, as we employee hundreds of people.
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:26:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Released. No charges. BIG fuck up on someone's part.
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:27:39 AM EDT
[#18]
I thought New York required background checks on purchasing cooking implements.
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:29:26 AM EDT
[#19]
news source?

if not yet someone should really go to the media with this
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:30:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I mean it is all I know.

Is he in jail or did they release him? If he is in jail Monroe county has an online inmate census that will show his charges.
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:31:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Was it over 7 quarts?

My guess is a  Duo 9-Piece Pressure Canning Set.

Poor guy is screwed.

Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:31:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I would rather find out the details before I notify the news...I don't want our business to be hurt by this, as we employee hundreds of people.

You work at a machine shop?
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:32:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I mean it is all I know.

Is he in jail or did they release him? If he is in jail Monroe county has an online inmate census that will show his charges.

Released. No charges. Just a big fuck up on their part.

I don't know all the details obviously...but I want him to sue.
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:34:27 AM EDT
[#24]

Crikey. Are they going to send in the JBTs if you buy a small air compressor or portable compressed air tank? A paintball CO2 tank? A scuba tank? A propane tank for a grill? A steel garden sprayer? A water heater?

And won't they even bother to send in a local detective to do an interview before they send in the Federal paramilitaries?

Hell in a handbasket, going there America is.  

Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:36:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Crikey. Are they going to send in the JBTs if you buy a small air compressor or portable compressed air tank? A paintball CO2 tank? A scuba tank? A propane tank for a grill? A steel garden sprayer? A water heater?

And won't they even bother to send in a local detective to do an interview before they send in the Federal paramilitaries?

Going?

Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:36:22 AM EDT
[#26]
You have been asked multiple times of the employee's ethnicity and have not answered. Why is it that you can answer all the other questions but this one?
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:36:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Africa NY America wins again

FIFY
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:36:55 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I mean for the sake of our country, I almost HOPE there is more to the story other than a pressure canner purchase and a suspicious hardware store clerk...I will try to find out more...
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:37:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I mean it is all I know.

Released. No charges. Just a big fuck up on their part.

I don't know all the details obviously...but I want him to sue.

Find out the store so I can not shop there.

Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:39:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:40:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And what does he have to say about it?
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:40:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You have been asked multiple times of the employee's ethnicity and have not answered. Why is it that you can answer all the other questions but this one?

Shit take it easy...I will find out.

I really don't see why race matters. The guy was released and is innocent...so the arrest was unfounded no matter what race he is.

Are you saying that if he was a muslim or a eastern european that this arrest would have been ok?
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:41:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really don't see why race matters. The guy was released and is innocent...so the arrest was unfounded no matter what race he is.

Are you saying that if he was a muslim or a eastern european that this arrest would have been ok?

So, I'm going to go out on a limb here...
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:42:29 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Edited...VA-gunnut

I have been here for years, and have never had a troll thread or misleading thread of any kind. I am as straight of an arrow as they come.

Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:43:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Shut up and pick up don't buy that canner citizen!

Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:43:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, I'm going to go out on a limb here...

Honestly I don't know his race...I will find out though...as I am interested if it played into the arrest...because that would be fucked up too.

Hell maybe he was Irish and had parents in the IRA?

I really don't know his race...Don't know the guy. I WILL find out.
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:45:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was it over 7 quarts?

I see what you did there

Hey we are allowed 10 round mags again...try to keep up.

But yes, we can only load 7 in.

Apparently I needed this broken down Big Bird-to-Cookie Monster style,  but now I got it too.

Sly
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:45:06 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haven't talked directly with him...I am trying to get all this info from my parents as I am away for work...so it's slow moving.
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:45:32 AM EDT
[#39]
I'd be all up in bed with the ACLU over this.

Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:45:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Waiting for news link for confirmation...something like this would've been on the news.

Tell him next time, use a 3D printer and make a 3d pressure cooker.
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:45:47 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Ok? Maybe  not.

Understandable? Fuck yes!

Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:46:21 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I'd be all up in bed with the ACLU over this.  

Send them that pic ahead of time and the ACLU would probably get in bed with you!

Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:47:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lawyer.  Take up collections if no funds.  Lawsuit the shit out of them.
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:48:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Tag
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:49:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok? Maybe  not.

Understandable? Fuck yes!

Dude come on. That is pretty ignorant. There are millions of muslims in the US. A tiny percentage of them have any terror relations. Miniscule percentage. Just like gun owners. Millions of us. And only a tiny percent of them are mass shooters.

So it is OK for the FBI to arrest you for being a white supremecist bomb making gun owning tea partier? Only to find out you are just a collector / target shooter / conservative?
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:49:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:50:12 AM EDT
[#47]
Well that sucks.

So, she canning rhubarb?
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:51:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Haven't talked directly with him...I am trying to get all this info from my parents as I am away for work...so it's slow moving.

Just to be clear, you weren't there and this is all being relayed to you third hand?
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:51:30 AM EDT
[#49]
I've been meaning to buy a nice canner, but as soon as that Boston shit happened I figured it's safer to wait.

I can still pickle things and the garden won't be giving me anything for a couple months anyway

Speed
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:51:36 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
OK GD...an employee of mine (actually an employee of a family business) was arrested Tuesday night.

Cliffs notes:

Employee had a small criminal record - nothing serious - a juvenile arrest years ago for evading police or something. Not sure of exact charges, but it was when he was a kid. Not sure how that record plays into this, but it must have.

Anyway, Tuesday night, our parking lot was SWARMED by 20 police cars, and multiple FBI cars. Full raid. Scared the hell out of everyone, and they were really forceful with this employee.

What happened was, he went to a local hardware store and purchased a pressure canner for his elderly, disabled MOTHER. Her hobby is canning.

It appears like the owner or manager of the hardware store got a bad vibe, and called police.

They also raided the poor little old disabled lady's home, scared the hell out of her, and guess what...

FOUND NOTHING. No bomb making materials. No evil doings at all.

HOLY SHIT I AM PISSED. How does the FBI and NYSP raid a business and a home based on the purchase of a pressure canner and a "bad vibe" ???

There HAS to be more to the story, but I am not finding it. I don't think the employee made any threats or demonstrated any dangerous behavior. He was a normal guy. As he was being taken out in cuffs, he begged to be able to call the manager to get someone to replace him, so the store could continue with business. A good employee for sure.

What the hell is going on in this country. And before you bash NY, this could have happened in ANY state. The FBI is out of control, as are state police.

You don't get a search warrant on a store owners feeling
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top