Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:18:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a simple rolling stool from Northern Tools that is over 20 yrs old and works fine.  

If I wanted something "solid" I would grab some scrap steel and weld up a base that could double as jack stand and still have $450 in my pocket.  

Link Posted: 4/5/2024 7:08:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Here’s my Tier 1 garage chair:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 7:31:22 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 4/5/2024 7:41:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Tell me you change brakes all day without telling me you change brakes all day.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 7:46:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought one a couple years ago for the garage and liked it so much I got another for the loading bench in my gun room.  Not cheap but they are made in the USA and should last several lifetimes.

Link Posted: 4/5/2024 7:59:42 AM EDT
[#6]
No tray for tools or hardware? no thanks. That backrest would mostly be in the way for me, I frequently push mine under a tractor or combine when switching work to the opposite side. I've been using the same round base Snap-on stool for 25 years at work and it's great, I don't even have a cushion on it. I have one of their square seats at home and hate it, the curved seat supports stick out the back and always hit stuff behind me in my crowded garage. Vyper would be a good stool for bench work in its taller form I suppose.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 8:02:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What are guys doing sitting down in a shop? Honest question. I’ve been in a shop for 20 years, never had a time I though “man this would easier if I could sit at a slightly elevated height”
View Quote

Any kind of brake /bearing work without a lift. Although I'm in the "treat yourself to the nice cardboard" price range not so much the$500 chair tax bracket
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 8:19:51 AM EDT
[#8]
We got a couple at work and they are nice, makes welding more comfortable, but no way I'd buy them with my own money
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 8:22:47 AM EDT
[#9]

That is what I have. It came in handy rebuilding my front end. Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 8:30:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It'll still stop when you hit a random bolt on the ground..
View Quote
Corn and soybeans bring them to a screeching halt quickly as well
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 8:47:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

OSHA and insurance companies require 5 wheels on chairs these days.
View Quote

Add one right in the center to comply
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 9:05:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Thats an awfully expensive milk crate
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 9:13:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So these are made in the USA, saw a few reviews but for that cost it comes in many, many parts and screws, you should think a lot of it would be already part-assembled or welded for stability.

https://www.vyperindustrial.com/products/robust-steel-max?variant=39663172354213

https://www.vyperindustrial.com/cdn/shop/products/RSM-ACME-NEW_24.jpg?v=1708394101&width=2040
View Quote

I have an old Craftsman that is basically a lawn tractor seat on a tube and sheet metal frame.
It works, it's held up well, but it's no where near as cool as that.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 9:40:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Airplanes are held together with rivets and bolts...
View Quote

Mostly
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 9:41:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

DO NOT SIT ON THE TOP AND ALLOW YOUR BALLSACK TO BECOME STUCK INBETWEEN THE LID AND BUCKET!
View Quote

I wear pants while working on vehicles.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 9:43:57 AM EDT
[#16]
I can sit in my shop and stare in despondent hopelessness at all the broken stuff and half-completed projects just as well in the worn out office chair I pulled out of the dumpster at work as I could in that thing.

It looks cool, though!
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 9:54:14 AM EDT
[#17]
I need a stool that I can sit/stand on or rest things on without worrying about tearing the faux leather
I use a $15 step stool I got many years ago
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top