BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 79
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:14:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Meetup.com and find a hiking group or something, brah.  I went on a meetup hike with a friend once, and there were in shape women galore.  Well, like 8.. But that was a group of 12 or so.. Not bad!
View Quote

Yeah, see that's what I'm talking about.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:14:29 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:15:45 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Meetup.com and find a hiking group or something, brah.  I went on a meetup hike with a friend once, and there were in shape women galore.  Well, like 8.. But that was a group of 12 or so.. Not bad!
View Quote
Problem is... I'm not exactly "in shape". If I were to go on some cycling meet up... I get the feeling all the "fit" chicks would be laughing at how slow and fat I am. Well... I'm actually not *THAT* fat... but probably enough that I would probably be judged pretty harshly by women.

In my experience, women have been *VERY* cruel creatures.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:17:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I can't run because of a gun shot wound and vascular damage that resulted from it. However, Cycling works for me.
View Quote

That was just an example man.

Hiking club
Cycling club
Board game club
Stamp collecting club
Rock climbing gym
RC club
Volunteer somewhere
Gyms- powerlifting/Oly lifting/Crossfit/any type with a tight knit group of people

I wouldn't go looking for chicks, just go and make friends and it will happen.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:19:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Hiking club

Cycling club

Board game club

Stamp collecting club

Rock climbing gym

RC club

Volunteer somewhere

Gyms- powerlifting/Oly lifting/Crossfit/any type with a tight knit group of people

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I can't run because of a gun shot wound and vascular damage that resulted from it. However, Cycling works for me.

Hiking club

Cycling club

Board game club

Stamp collecting club

Rock climbing gym

RC club

Volunteer somewhere

Volunteering? So long as it has nothing to do with homeless people. I get my fill of homeless people at work.

I've never really tried meet up. I have an account... but never actually followed through on any of the groups. I have a tough time with initiating social activities. I hesitate. It's akin to me having difficulty throwing myself into a pool... but loving it after I'm actually in, if that makes any sense.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:19:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Unfortunately they are all into Crossfit

View Quote

Do women not know you are suppose to have curves.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:20:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Problem is... I'm not exactly "in shape". If I were to go on some cycling meet up... I get the feeling all the "fit" chicks would be laughing at how slow and fat I am. Well... I'm actually not *THAT* fat... but probably enough that I would probably be judged pretty harshly by women.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're going to have to get out and meet them. No offense, but it seems like you are making excuses to not meet them
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:21:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Volunteering? So long as it has nothing to do with homeless people. I get my fill of homeless people at work.

I've never really tried meet up. I have an account... but never actually followed through on any of the groups. I have a tough time with initiating social activities. I hesitate. It's akin to me having difficulty throwing myself into a pool... but loving it after I'm actually in, if that makes any sense.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hiking club
Cycling club
Board game club
Stamp collecting club
Rock climbing gym
RC club
Volunteer somewhere

It was another example, and there's plenty of places you can volunteer that don't involve homeless people.

FFS man, you got a lot of good suggestions and you're coming up with a million excuses why it won't work. If you're not willing to put yourself out there (and maybe get in shape) stop complaining that you're alone.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:26:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Is there not a single's ministry at your church or any of the local churches?
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:26:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hiking club

Cycling club

Board game club

Stamp collecting club

Rock climbing gym

RC club

Volunteer somewhere

You're making excuses for yourself, man.  I get it.  You're 31, you need to realize that not everyone is gonna like you, but plenty will.  If you dwell on your insecurities and let them dictate your happiness, you'll never find a woman.  Social anxiety sucks.  I've been there, and so have a lot of others. You just have to suck it up and be uncomfortable for a few minutes and put yourself out there.  If someone doesn't like you, fuck 'em.  If your anxiety shows physically, ask your doc for Inderal or something... And then suck it up and go meet some people.

It'll never happen for you if you don't let it.  Stop making excuses and change your life.  You're already low, you've got a lot more room to get happier than you do sadder.  Life's too short, brah!

Now.  Let's get back to Tinder sloots.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:28:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
It was another example, and there's plenty of places you can volunteer that don't involve homeless people.

FFS man, you got a lot of good suggestions and you're coming up with a million excuses why it won't work. If you're not willing to put yourself out there (and maybe get in shape) stop complaining that you're alone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hiking club

Cycling club

Board game club

Stamp collecting club

Rock climbing gym

RC club

Volunteer somewhere

I weight abotu 247lbs. Used to be 280s a while back actually. I've been changing my diet. Avoiding bread for the most part. Trying to lean my diet more paleo.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:35:44 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote
I haven't been to a church in over a year. I've become disillusioned with Christianity... to be honest.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:38:08 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I haven't been to a church in over a year. I've become disillusioned with Christianity... to be honest.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's worth a shot to go. If you don't like it just stop going again.

OP you need to add "Now with Photoshop requests and relationship advice" to the thread title
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:39:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I weight abotu 247lbs. Used to be 280s a while back actually. I've been changing my diet. Avoiding bread for the most part. Trying to lean my diet more paleo.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hiking club
Cycling club
Board game club
Stamp collecting club
Rock climbing gym
RC club
Volunteer somewhere

Good time to join a gym
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:46:53 AM EDT
[#15]
I just got my two best matches withing a couple minutes of each other. One is a cute chick who was in the IDF and the other is a no joke 10.

Doubt anything will come of this but things are defiantly looking up.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:48:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I just got my two best matches withing a couple minutes of each other. One is a cute chick who was in the IDF and the other is a no joke 10.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:55:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I know, I already messed up going for a number too soon but I think I recovered. Trying to stay cool but IDF chicks are so hot.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 1:03:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Yeah I know, I already messed up going for a number too soon but I think I recovered. Trying to stay cool but IDF chicks are so hot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I ever get deployed I hope to god I get to work with some
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 1:11:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Trying it right now

15 seconds

she bit
<a href="http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/pvtmcmuffin/media/wp_ss_20140902_0011_zps1df7cdca.png.html" target="_blank">http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b539/pvtmcmuffin/wp_ss_20140902_0011_zps1df7cdca.png</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Trying it right now

15 seconds

she bit
<a href="http://s1290.photobucket.com/user/pvtmcmuffin/media/wp_ss_20140902_0011_zps1df7cdca.png.html" target="_blank">http://i1290.photobucket.com/albums/b539/pvtmcmuffin/wp_ss_20140902_0011_zps1df7cdca.png</a>

Son of a bitch. You stole my thread. You better get laid for this one. And it actually did happen
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 1:12:33 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That happens, I usually become the asshole. Women like assholes.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 1:14:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Treat them like dirt and the stick to you like mud
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 1:17:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Im foing.

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 1:40:51 AM EDT
[#23]

Dickhead
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 4:56:05 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

So I got on Tinder to join in the fun and it used this as my image.  I guess it pulled it automatically from facebook.

View Quote

I'm not doing so hot finding people to talk to.  :(

it's because they can see that you are shooting blanks

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 5:17:02 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

dude, i suck at chicks, but even i can see that you are grasping at any excuse. stop being a pussy and do something, think for yourself, work on improving yourself, and the advice doesn't need to be taken word for word. You have a good job, chicks dig scars and unless you are so ugly that children run from you screaming you have a chance. Don't put it on a pedestal, don't fixate on one woman and then go full creep mode, if when you talk to a girl you need to literally not care if she likes what you are saying, just read some of the conversations in this thread to see what I mean.

Now go make teh funny with chicks on tinder or GTFO

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 5:23:00 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

One of my wifes friends saw me on there and sent a screenshot to her
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Somebody's going to see their daughter on here pretty soon and shit's gonna get real....

Not as real as if they see their wife/girlfriend

how did that go?
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 5:55:38 AM EDT
[#28]
Apparently the damage from the men + women swiping isn't done...
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 7:11:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was gonna suggest this. Even if he doesn't normally go to church, what's the worst that could happen?
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 7:56:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Are you guys still trolling these poor women?

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:50:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have had a lot of delightful conversations lately.

I asked a girl I went to college out via not dating sites this weekend (I haven't talked to her in years), so I don't want to make anything too serious with my flames until I go on that date.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 8:55:19 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

There is do, or do not. There is no try. Even if what you are doing doesn't work, you are still learning what doesn't work.

Try CrossFit. Those guys are both full of cult-like encouragement, but also like someone doing something to better themselves. Plus, they are cesspools of infidelity where an innocent romance will go unnoticed.  Only a total tool would look at a noob and not go "I was there once, cool for you bro". Those folks, you don't need anyway.

I suggest sticking "my gunshot wound" in your profile. Heck, take pictures of the scar. Chicks like bad-boys. They SAY they don't but they do.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:08:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Are you guys still trolling these poor women sluts?

View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:09:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It's because I'm less desirable than a homeless man covered in poop.  
  How old are you?  First girlfriend ever?  Virgin or no?  I'm an ugly bastard with little to no game, but some chicks are just super forward.  What do you do for a living?  Cheer up, chicks notice.

31, Virgin, and she supposedly was one too.

I work as an EMT at a inner city detox facility. Work gets stressfull some days, and then I come home to no poon or companionship. Hard to cheer up under the circumstances.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing wrong with you, just the women online....

High Expectations and all that jazz.

How old are you?  First girlfriend ever?  Virgin or no?  I'm an ugly bastard with little to no game, but some chicks are just super forward.  What do you do for a living?  Cheer up, chicks notice.

I work as an EMT at a inner city detox facility. Work gets stressfull some days, and then I come home to no poon or companionship. Hard to cheer up under the circumstances.

Dude im fat and ugly as fuck and have a amazingly hot gf. I think you can handle it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:10:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Dude im fat and ugly as fuck and have a amazingly hot gf. I think you can handle it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You must have a lot of money then
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:27:18 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I be poor.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:28:39 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
how did that go?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Somebody's going to see their daughter on here pretty soon and shit's gonna get real....

Not as real as if they see their wife/girlfriend

how did that go?

We're going through a divorce so I don't give a fuck

She was upset though
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:29:41 AM EDT
[#38]
My African-American friend

Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:33:08 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

You're making excuses for yourself, man.  I get it.  You're 31, you need to realize that not everyone is gonna like you, but plenty will.  If you dwell on your insecurities and let them dictate your happiness, you'll never find a woman.  Social anxiety sucks.  I've been there, and so have a lot of others. You just have to suck it up and be uncomfortable for a few minutes and put yourself out there.  If someone doesn't like you, fuck 'em.  If your anxiety shows physically, ask your doc for Inderal or something... And then suck it up and go meet some people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It'll never happen for you if you don't let it.  Stop making excuses and change your life.  You're already low, you've got a lot more room to get happier than you do sadder.  Life's too short, brah!

Now.  Let's get back to Tinder sloots.
Social anxiety. Been there.  Still sorta there.  What worked for me was 1) backing off on the booze but using it's "socializing" properties on myself 2) Practicing on people you are not interested in, be friendly to some bull-dyke, hosebeast, someone too old or too young for you. This lets you cultivate "I don't care what happens" feelings that drops the barriers.  Some of those "game" systems have a lot of information you could probably absorb that will help you get into that mindset as well.  (heartiste.wordpress.com <-- try that one) Also, as stupid as it sounds my anxiety dropped sharply once I started drinking lots of green tea. (Read that online somewhere.)

Yes, there are always excuses. But line them up and call them excuses and they'll be easier to deal with.

PatriotAR15 you have a cool story, you got a gunshot wound man!  Best I can do with the average person?  "Hey, I can fix your computer. But I won't unless I like you." Pfft.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:41:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You guys still ain't sent me shit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just got all caught up, OP has mad skills.

So did the pics of Hannah in her stockings ever get PMed?

If so add me to the want to see that list!

They did. OP delivered.

Forward them mother fuckers!

Seriously! Pony them babies up!
ETA: Thanks! Nice to see a female Starwars fan!

You guys still ain't sent me shit

Late to the party, but I'd like to see those pics as well.  You guys are F'ing awesome..... no homo.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:54:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yum idf girls
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:06:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hiking club
Cycling club
Board game club
Stamp collecting club
Rock climbing gym
RC club
Volunteer somewhere

I didn't specifically quote this for any reason. Just to talk to you.

You obviously don't care much anymore (You care enough to get help from strangers online, which is a good thing, I may have tried team, but we can work with this). I've been there before, and I have a buddy who sounds just like you....I am still working on him as well. He is a big comic geek, 250 lbs, Italian, and a security guard, so you can imagine how much of a chore that is.

You've got a bit going for you. Keep working out, drop another 20 lbs if you want. Use tinder to talk to women if nothing else, like every girl on there and when you get a match, no matter who it is, talk to them. If you fail a few times, you fail. Who knows, that bbw you end up chatting with might be your wife one day. I am not saying you meet a girl this way, just get a feeling for what they want. Hell, I bet if you said "I suck at talking to women and want help" - a girl might find it cute. Don't pitty yourself in the conversation like you are on here, that will basically ruin any hope of a conversation.

Be yourself, and listen to what everyone else said about meeting them in public. I don't need to touch on that more, plus I suck at it a bit myself.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:06:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:09:28 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Really? Because in Online dating, women don't exactly get to see what my personality is like. They judge me off of a positive sounding profile, and a few photos, and an opener line. It's not like I'm going around hitting women up with "Hey, I know I'm a piece of shit, but I was wonder if you might be willing to give me a shot anyway??"

View Quote

You are greatly under estimating how intuitive women are.  You don't have to directly say "I'm a loser", that is linear man thinking.  Women will look at your pictures, analyse all the little details, notice the color and styles of your clothes, read your body language, and get a general emotional feeling about what they see.  Then they read your profile and are very good at reading between the lines.  If your profile is more linear man thoughts, which is very boring to women, then they will not contact you.  If your first message to them is a compliment they will think you are pathetic.  If your first message to them is a lame pickup line they will think you are pathetic.  A first message should be original, funny, and provoking.  If all that doesn't come together at the same time then you won't get a response.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:11:15 AM EDT
[#45]

Holy fuck, that last line is funny.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:13:16 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
View All Quotes

Ill try to work on her a bit more. rest of the conversation last night turned out kinda gay, we got off on a tangent talking about wines
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:14:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Ill try to work on her a bit more. rest of the conversation last night turned out kinda gay, we got off on a tangent talking about wines
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She looks like she could put away a few boxes of Franzia.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:13:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm just not as witty as OP, so I couldn't keep it up.  But I've gotten a few numbers from some good looking women.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:32:25 AM EDT
[#49]
These have potential:

Do you think anything will happen on 9/11?

My theory on why prostitution is illegal (and then make up your own theory)

My son is a senior and went to talk to Army recruiter yesterday...mixed emotions (Especially funny if you are under the age of 30 )
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:35:42 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

These have potential:

Do you think anything will happen on 9/11?

My theory on why prostitution is illegal (and then make up your own theory)

My son is a senior and went to talk to Army recruiter yesterday...mixed emotions (Especially funny if you are under the age of 30 )
View Quote

I haven't gotten any new matches today
Page / 79
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top