Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 1:24:18 PM EDT
[#1]
This is a mistake if you live, you will never make again.  Had posion oak reaction as a kid (in So. Calif.); so bad I looked like boozo the clown (not like my wife says now); jeez, thought I was going to die - sucked up gallons of calimine (sp?) loation.  Interesting that working outdoors after, I never really caught it again although one time my ex wife attempted to wash some of my work cloths and guess what?  no pie for months after .
Hope you make it - if you are thinking of off loading your cool stuff, like everyone else who has asked here, keep me in mind also.  Good luck - you will probably need it .
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 1:41:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a friend that cut some wood for a fireplace that didn't think anything about the poison ivy vines. He and the family got treated for the rash. Later when it got cold they burned the wood, they ended up in the hospital with respiratory problems for several days from the poison ivy in the smoke.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 1:46:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I had a friend that cut some wood for a fireplace that didn't think anything about the poison ivy vines. He and the family got treated for the rash. Later when it got cold they burned the wood, they ended up in the hospital with respiratory problems for several days from the poison ivy in the smoke.

Yeah, it's no joke.  Unfortunately, all of my kin folk and friends think I'm ridiculous for watching out for it and staying away from burning brush piles.  

I went 2 months in the summer of 2006 with rashes covering at least 50% of my body.  That fucking sucked.  The worst is when it's on your face, the eye lids in particular.  Come to find out, that doc wasn't even giving me the good drugs.  Went to another doctor and I was cleared up within a week.

I stay way the hell away from it now.  Unfortunately, my mom didn't understand the importance of it, even after I explained to her how bad of a reaction it can cause me.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 1:52:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I would recommend not getting to hot and sweaty in the near future. Any place on your body that sweats could develop a rash.
Don't ask how I know.
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 2:41:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Any updates?

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top