Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 320
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 11:03:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Growth Hormone does yes.  And makes your head/forehead get bigger too.  It's more pronounced in professional bodybuilders who are really hitting it hard, but "GH gut" is easy to spot once you've seen it a few times.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There was a whole lotta TRT going on in that ring.

Belfort is so juiced, he's got a bad HGH belly.

HGH belly? steroids makes the belly pop out?

Growth Hormone does yes.  And makes your head/forehead get bigger too.  It's more pronounced in professional bodybuilders who are really hitting it hard, but "GH gut" is easy to spot once you've seen it a few times.

Belfort is known to be on TRT,,  legal steriod use,,, but then again so is Hendo
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 11:13:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ahhh didn't know that, thanks

Link Posted: 11/9/2013 11:25:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Belfort is known to be on TRT,,  legal steriod use,,, but then again so is Hendo
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah i knew they both had TRT exemptions, but looking at Vitor, he just keeps getting leaner and adding more lean mass.  He still has amazing talent, always has, but his resurgence lately makes me question if he's abusing his TRT exemption.
Link Posted: 11/9/2013 11:30:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Yeah i knew they both had TRT exemptions, but looking at Vitor, he just keeps getting leaner and adding more lean mass.  He still has amazing talent, always has, but his resurgence lately makes me question if he's abusing his TRT exemption.
View Quote

the only reson they have to TRT is because of past roid use has made their body quit producing testoterone,

Ask me TRT should be banned,, It's all abuse I'd say,,  only reason they won't is because half the good fighters would just disappear
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 9:20:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Speaking of the TRT issue you guys were talking about:

Unfortunately for Vitor, his accomplishments have been marred by his admitted use of testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), so much so that it's become pretty routine for fans to blow up social media about TRT usage in MMA following every Vitor Belfort fight.

If only mixed martial arts fans were consistent with their disdain for TRT users.

The reality is: TRT usage continues to be a problem in MMA because fans refuse to hold their favorites accountable. The UFC's number one trash-talker Chael Sonnen is the perfect example.

Thanks to elevated testosterone levels, which he didn't even bother to disclose to the California State Athletic Commission (CSAC), Sonnen climbed to the top of MMA's food chain with his grinding assault on Anderson Silva at UFC 117. Sonnen ended up getting submitted during the fifth round, but his performance was enough to earn him a second shot at Silva.

Two wins later -- after a short suspension by CSAC -- and Sonnen was back inside the Octagon fighting the man he almost defeated by cheating. He didn't have to hide his testosterone supplementation the second time around. The Nevada State Athletic Commission made things a lot easier for Sonnen, granting him a therapeutic use exemption (TUE) for TRT.

There was no major controversy, the MMA media barely talked about it, and things went on as usual in the UFC. After losing to Silva at UFC 148, Sonnen jumped to the light-heavyweight division and fought Jon Jones for the title in his first fight back at 205 pounds, yet, so many were willing to overlook his TRT usage.

What makes Vitor Belfort so different?
View Quote

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/vitor-belfort-face-trt-usage-mma-214000247--mma.html
Link Posted: 11/12/2013 9:50:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I got Sonnen by vastly superior catch wrestling.

If Mir can get it to the ground, Oveerem is done. May not even need to go to the ground really.

Rousey by kimura or key hole. In the first.
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 1:10:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Well lots happened over the weekend.  

GSP won a very controversial decision, and after the talk of his "personal problems" that will require him to step away from MMA for a while, I'm still betting that he knocked up a gym bunny.

Rashad came in in great shape, gotta give him credit.  Chael isn't big/strong enough for the 205 division IMO.  But I look forward to seeing him fight Wanderlei.  

The Rory MacDonald hype train is official off the tracks.  He still might be top in the division, but I think he needs to change training camps and get some new people around him.  

Robbie Lawler looked good, pretty impressive run he's on given his age.

Tyron Woodley is a scary man.  1-2 more wins against the top 10 and I can see him fighting for the title.
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 1:18:29 PM EDT
[#8]
What I got out of GSPs incoherent ramblings was "There is no way in hell I'm going another 5 rounds with Hendricks, cause i just got my ass handed to me."
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 1:21:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What I got out of GSPs incoherent ramblings was "There is no way in hell I'm going another 5 rounds with Hendricks, cause i just got my ass handed to me."
View Quote

He could barely string sentences together during the post fight with Joe.  And apparently in between rounds he was asking his corner what round it was.  He certainly seemed like he got his bell rung a lot worse than in any other fight.  Really since Matt Serra, Condit has been the only fighter to really stun GSP, but Hendricks took it to a whole new level.  He just took it to him the whole fight.  After the first 2 minutes of round 1, Hendricks calmed down, and implemented his game plan.
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 1:22:10 PM EDT
[#10]
What I'm hearing is GSP got scared because during the fight he was having memory loss.  Hendricks punches will do that.
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 1:23:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What I'm hearing is GSP got scared because during the fight he was having memory loss.  Hendricks punches will do that.
View Quote

Well that would corroborate him not knowing what round he was in.  He did say during the post-fight presser that he lost memory of things.
Link Posted: 11/18/2013 11:12:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I hate to talk shit about a UFC fighter's courage because they're certainly tougher than me, but GSP always seems to suffer a little with the panicky drama queen state when he gets hurt.
Link Posted: 11/27/2013 9:55:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Ultimate fighter is about to come on
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 6:54:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can't wait for the live finale tomorrow night.  Also can't wait to see Nate Diaz fight that night, too.  I know lots of people hate the Diaz brothers, but I'm a fan.

This is the first TUF I've watched in years.  Didn't they used to have the coaches fight on the same night?  I see that the Rousey/Tate fight is a PPV event in December.

Link Posted: 11/29/2013 7:43:35 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Can't wait for the live finale tomorrow night.  Also can't wait to see Nate Diaz fight that night, too.  I know lots of people hate the Diaz brothers, but I'm a fan.

This is the first TUF I've watched in years.  Didn't they used to have the coaches fight on the same night?  I see that the Rousey/Tate fight is a PPV event in December.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I do think they used to have the coaches fight in the finale.  I guess it's because the Tate/Rousey fight is going to be such a huge draw, they decided to move it to PPV.  I'll be watching!  I used to like Rousey, but I think I'll pull for Meisha this time.  Ronda has been acting like a huge bitch this TUF season.    That being said, I'd still like to be in her guard or at least staring at her cameltoe while she arm-barred me  

Link Posted: 11/29/2013 7:51:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Also, who knows anything about Holly Holm or Tiffany Van Soest?  I'm not sure Miesha tate can beat Ronda, but I think one of these two can.  Plus, Tiffany is HOT!!!  

Tiffany: (hope not CoC, since sporting event attire)

Link Posted: 11/29/2013 8:09:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I do think they used to have the coaches fight in the finale.  I guess it's because the Tate/Rousey fight is going to be such a huge draw, they decided to move it to PPV.  I'll be watching!  I used to like Rousey, but I think I'll pull for Meisha this time.  Ronda has been acting like a huge bitch this TUF season.    That being said, I'd still like to be in her guard or at least staring at her cameltoe while she arm-barred me  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dunno.  Ronda does go overboard (like after winning the coaches challenge).  But she's right about Miesha being nice to her face, and then being a bitch behind her back.

I'm very much rooting for Ronda to win.

Link Posted: 11/29/2013 8:15:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Just found this thread....

Gsp got his ASS wooooopppppeeeedd! Judges must have watched another fight cause it wasn't even kinda close. Gsp isn't a hack by any means, but Johny controlled him and his (gsp) wasn't effective. Johny didn't have a mark. Even Dana said it in then post fight ,wtf judges? Clearly Hendricks is the champ.

Hendricks said he was only going 75% to make sure he had 5 rounds...next time he's gunna kill gsp.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 8:19:52 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Gsp got his ASS wooooopppppeeeedd! Judges must have watched another fight cause it wasn't even kinda close. Gsp isn't a hack by any means, but Johny controlled him and his (gsp) wasn't effective. Johny didn't have a mark. Even Dana said it in then post fight ,wtf judges? Clearly Hendricks is the champ.

Hendricks said he was only going 75% to make sure he had 5 rounds...next time he's gunna kill gsp.
View Quote
Yeah, it was pretty much a joke.  Most other fighters agreed, Dana White agreed, commentators agreed, and hell, even GSP's own corner though he was down 3 rounds to 1 after 4.  

ETA, if you can find the UFC 167 thread, I think someone posted the post fight press conference.  It was pretty good.  Or youtube it

Link Posted: 11/29/2013 8:20:58 AM EDT
[#20]
My wife is pissed because she has to work Saturday night, she told me to record it but don't watch it until she gets home, I told her we'll see

We got a new big screen 3 days ago and this thing is clear, damn near like the object is standing in front of us so if a titty pops out it will be pure joy, well depending on whos titty titty pops out
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 8:22:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

If there is a next time.

Let's hope GSP doesn't retire before having a rematch with Hendricks.  

Unrelated, but I saw this the other day and was :

Link Posted: 11/29/2013 8:22:40 AM EDT
[#22]
To the guys talking about Vitor on TRT, he was not on da TRT when he fought Henderson. Just a little FYI
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 8:22:52 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

My wife is pissed because she has to work Saturday night, she told me to record it but don't watch it until she gets home, I told her we'll see

We got a new big screen 3 days ago and this thing is clear, damn near like the object is standing in front of us so if a titty pops out it will be pure joy, well depending on whos titty titty pops out
View Quote
Rondas ALMOST popped out in her fight with Liz Carmouche, LOL  

I felt like the chain gang in "Cool hand Luke"  

Link Posted: 11/29/2013 8:23:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm not sure I'd want to see any of the titties that are fighting this Saturday.  Neither chick is good looking, IMO.

Now, during the Rousey/Tate fight?  Fuck yeah!

Link Posted: 11/29/2013 8:25:17 AM EDT
[#25]
I love Joe Rogan
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 8:26:31 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I'm not sure I'd want to see any of the titties that are fighting this Saturday.  Neither chick is good looking, IMO.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The Rousey/Tate fight I will be pleading that both tops pop off

Link Posted: 11/29/2013 8:29:53 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There was some serious Meisha cameltoe in their last fight.  First time I have ever fapped during a UFC fight

I think google might point someone to those orange shorts

Link Posted: 11/29/2013 8:30:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You and me both, buddy!

Link Posted: 11/29/2013 8:33:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
There was some serious Meisha cameltoe in their last fight.  First time I have ever fapped during a UFC fight

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I remember that fight vividly.

Link Posted: 11/29/2013 8:59:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Ronda is gnarly.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 9:16:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yeah, it was pretty much a joke.  Most other fighters agreed, Dana White agreed, commentators agreed, and hell, even GSP's own corner though he was down 3 rounds to 1 after 4.  

ETA, if you can find the UFC 167 thread, I think someone posted the post fight press conference.  It was pretty good.  Or youtube it

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I saw that first post fight conference. Dana was pissed. He said Nevada's athletic com was ruining ufc.

I think GSP maybe won round 3, and 5 was flat....maybe, but Hendricks clearly won 1,2,4 without any real points lost in 3&5. GSP scored those couple of takedowns but didn't score on the ground at all. Hendricks clearly won.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 10:34:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Ronda is gnarly.
View Quote

No way, man.  I want her to have my babies.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 3:05:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Rhonda is hot, but the tingle in my dingle has subsided a bit after seeing how ate up she is with teh crazy.

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ronda is gnarly.

Link Posted: 11/29/2013 3:13:18 PM EDT
[#34]
I don't know how anyone can root for Ronda after seeing her personality on TUF.  I would laugh if she was injured to the point of having to retire.  She is just such an uber bitch.  I don't even care who she fights I will always like her less/hate her more.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 7:18:21 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

I don't know how anyone can root for Ronda after seeing her personality on TUF.  I would laugh if she was injured to the point of having to retire.  She is just such an uber bitch.  I don't even care who she fights I will always like her less/hate her more.
View Quote

Oh I definitely look at Ronda differently now but in no way does Meisha walk out of the cage with a victory, unless she worked on a neck crank like liz Carmouche used on Ronda and it damn near worked but not as much as Liz needed

Link Posted: 11/29/2013 10:16:11 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Oh I definitely look at Ronda differently now but in no way does Meisha walk out of the cage with a victory, unless she worked on a neck crank like liz Carmouche used on Ronda and it damn near worked but not as much as Liz needed

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I can't help but wonder how Ronda is going to act the first time she gets beat.  She has put herself up pretty high on her pedestal.  It's gonna be a shitshow

Link Posted: 11/29/2013 11:32:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Im a fan of hers.  I also like the Diaz brothers.

Link Posted: 11/29/2013 11:36:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I, for one, don't give a shit about her attitude, Rhonda is hot as hell!  

At first, I really hated the Diaz Brothers, but I can't question their talent or heart.  Who knows WTF is up with Nick right now.  Seems like his head just isn't in the fight game anymore.

Nate always shows up to fight and he's only been KO'd once in his whole career.  Tomorrow night's fight should be pretty good.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 11:40:47 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

At first, I really hated the Diaz Brothers, but I can't question their talent or heart.  Who knows WTF is up with Nick right now.  Seems like his head just isn't in the fight game anymore.

Nate always shows up to fight and he's only been KO'd once in his whole career.  Tomorrow night's fight should be pretty good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed on all accounts.

(I seem to always agree with your posts.  Therefore, you are a smart feller.  )

Link Posted: 11/29/2013 11:41:30 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I guess Vegas thought they would lose too much money if the fight went to Hendricks.  UFC is full of AIDS as far as I concerned anymore.  Shit is rigged.

Link Posted: 11/29/2013 11:42:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Agreed on all accounts.

View Quote

I've been known to make a good point now and then.    
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 11:46:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed on all accounts.

No doubt, brother.

So what was it that Nick said exactly?  Something about him retiring, right?  I didnt see it.

But I know he has some sort of social anxiety when doing interviews or press stuff.  They talked about it in a special they did on him.  He sure does seem awkward in a lot of interviews.  Apparently he has also missed a ton of promotion press conferences because he hates sitting there in front of everyone.

Link Posted: 11/30/2013 12:01:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

No doubt, brother.

So what was it that Nick said exactly?  Something about him retiring, right?  I didnt see it.

But I know he has some sort of social anxiety when doing interviews or press stuff.  They talked about it in a special they did on him.  He sure does seem awkward in a lot of interviews.  Apparently he has also missed a ton of promotion press conferences because he hates sitting there in front of everyone.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed on all accounts.

No doubt, brother.

He "retired" after the GSP fight.  Then he (and maybe Nate) started their own small, local MMA organization in Northern California.  It already had a fight card a few months ago.  

Dana White said that the UFC offered Nick another fight, can't exactly remember who they offered him, but he turned it down.  Just a few weeks ago, Nick said he hasn't had a manager since the GSP fight and insinuated that the UFC never made an offer.  I can't tell if Nick is really bat-shit crazy, or he just says a bunch of stupid shit so the media will publish it.  After the GSP fight Nick also said he hasn't paid taxes for 6-7 years.  

So who really knows what's going on in his head.

Personally?  I think he's a VERY prideful guy and losing to GSP (and before that, Carlos Condit) was just too much.  He realized he lost to the best in the world and didn't feel like trying to fight his way back to a title shot.
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 12:06:06 AM EDT
[#44]
I do remember the tax comment he made, now that you mention it

Yeah man, you might be right.  While hes not old, hes been at this a long time.  Maybe hes just done.

Link Posted: 11/30/2013 12:16:35 AM EDT
[#45]
I firmly believe that the mental aspect of fighting is just as big if not bigger than the physical.  A handful of guys can get by on raw talent and athleticism, but not when they start fighting top 10 or top 5 opponents.  If you go in doubting yourself or having the slightest question about your opponent's abilities, the fight is lost.

Look at Chael Sonnen, despite everything that's been said and him actually loosing the fight, he did what nobody else before him had done, he actually beat up Anderson Silva.  Why?...because he didn't buy into the hype and simply wasn't afraid of him.  

I think guys get to a point where their head isn't in the game, but either due to supporters, money, pride, etc, they still fight.  Sometimes they win, but most of the time, they just aren't the same fighter they used to be.  Similar to guys who don't like getting punched in the face.  Some guys have a chin, some don't.  And after you've been KTFO once or twice, I bet it changes you.

I'm no expert, just personal opinions...
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 12:21:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
UFC is full of AIDS as far as I concerned anymore.  Shit is rigged.  
View Quote

That's why it was fucking stupid for Hendricks to "pace himself" he was not going to win without a finish. No way, no how, if it went five rounds GSP would keep the belt.
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 12:22:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Again, agreed on all accounts.

Get out of my head, good sir!

Link Posted: 11/30/2013 1:13:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

This only means that I'm gonna go on a week long herp-derp bender after making this many good points.  

TUF Finale tonight.  Free on Fox Sports 1.  Prelims start at 5:00PST/8:00EST, main card at 7:00PST/10:00EST.
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 1:20:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

This only means that I'm gonna go on a week long herp-derp bender after making this many good points.  

TUF Finale tonight.  Free on Fox Sports 1.  Prelims start at 5:00PST/8:00EST, main card at 7:00PST/10:00EST.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good look out.  Set to record
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 3:40:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will be watching, for sure.  I just looked, and I see that they have some TUF fighters on the main card, besides the finalists: http://www.ufc.com/event/TUF18-Finale

Page / 320
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top