Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 5:07:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Hopefully all the stupid "let's compromise this" threads will start getting locked as dupes.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 5:24:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Shall we begin a list of the people starting such threads?
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 5:25:36 AM EDT
[#3]
AAAAARRrrrrr! Aye, no compromises! Now bring me Cpt. Jack Sparrow!
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 5:31:21 AM EDT
[#4]
It's time to get pissed.  It's time to push back!
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 5:34:55 AM EDT
[#5]
If you can't defend yourself, you're not a free man. If you allow somebody to tell you how you are allowed to defend yourself, you're not a free man. No compromise, we shouldn't let off until they start repealing laws, winning our ability to keep what we currently have is not a real victory. We had been making steady progress, this is checking that progress and trying to put us on the defensive. Saying no to an assault weapons ban means saying yes to the repeal of the NFA/GCA.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 5:35:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I second.

.....alll in favor?

Aye
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 5:37:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Agreed.  No compromise, now or ever.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 7:26:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Compromise?  Compliance?

FUCK THAT
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 7:47:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hopefully all the stupid "let's compromise this" threads will start getting locked as dupes.

I would welcome this.  In fact I'd advocate everyone hitting the report button on any thread discussing this sort of stuff.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 11:31:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
True, this shit is not about guns, its about rights. NO FUCKIN COMPROMISE!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

It's also about limited government and private property.  The other side doesn't believe in it, and if they win on this the entire concept of private property is in jeopardy.  This is and will become as much about search and seizure, especially seizure/confiscation and our rights to "keep and bear" anything at all (retirement accounts, cars that don't get 50mpg, homes, ...), as it is about our rights to keep and bear arms.  After Roberts threw the Republic under the bus with Obamacare, almost EVERYTHING is at risk from the reinterpretive unlimited power to tax & general welfare clauses.

This is the October Revolution - just done over more time.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 11:32:27 AM EDT
[#11]
While I agree with you, it's not our 'servants' we have a problem with.  It's the 50% of the country they work for.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 11:37:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 11:38:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Here Here!!

ETA: NO COMPROMISE
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 11:44:40 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm confused about what is wrong with a compromise in this case.  I would be okay with them requiring background checks on all firearm transfers outside of family.  In return we can have suppressors off the NFA.  Am I a mouth breathing retard too?
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 12:01:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm confused about what is wrong with a compromise in this case.  I would be okay with them requiring background checks on all firearm transfers outside of family.  In return we can have suppressors off the NFA.  Am I a mouth breathing retard too?

Yes

The antis are not interested in compromise or safety or any of the other drivel they spew. They want total disarmament. So even if they'd agree to this, which they never would, they'd be back next year attacking supressors.

Stop with this we can trade ____________________ for ____________________ nonsense
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 12:03:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
True, this shit is not about guns, its about rights. NO FUCKIN COMPROMISE!

Link Posted: 1/30/2013 12:04:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You're OK with the precursor to universal registration?

Ok buddy.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 12:09:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Aye!
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 12:30:36 PM EDT
[#19]
No Comprise. None!

Mike

Link Posted: 1/30/2013 12:40:27 PM EDT
[#20]
The compromise between food and poison is death.

People talk about compromise like it's a reasonable, intelligent move. Compromise with collectivists is only a step on the path to their ultimate goal.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 12:47:32 PM EDT
[#21]
AYE!
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 1:00:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Delete
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 1:02:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Someone like you (like us) would tell a fudd to support the right to own semi auto rifles because bolt actions are the next step. Would they rather be fighting against the loss of their rifles or help other men keep their rifles. It's better to be two steps away from your guns being banned.

Same with firearms confiscation. I'd rather be fighting to stop registration than to stop confiscation. I'd also rather be fighting to stop universal background checks than fighting to stop registration.

The sbr rifles and silencers should be taken out of NFA period. We should fight for the win. No compromise.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 1:02:26 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Aye!

No compromise. No compliance.

Aye, indeed!

Link Posted: 1/30/2013 1:06:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
There can be NO COMPROMISE with our servants.  Our servants do not just wish to reasonably restrict one amendment.  They mean to restrict them all.

Guns are the litmus test to see how far they can get, with the most concrete of the amendments that protects tangible objects.

We have seen servants in every level of government and every branch up to the WH and Supreme Court call our Constitution out-dated and archaic.  

They wish to be unshackled in their quest for unlimited power and COMPROMISE from citizens opens the gateway to allow it.

So if you want to compromise on a certain number of cartridges in a magazine or a certain type of gun... Apply those same type of compromises to all amendments and see what you think of your freedom then.

It's a shame you even had to post this.
But even though you spelled it out for them, someone will be along shortly and say "yeah but" or "if only" or "what if" or some other stupid shit.

Thanks for giving it your best, though.

a-bare
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 1:10:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Once they allowed the NFA to stand, the writing was on the wall

Sadly true.

But... LIVE FREE OR DIE!

Link Posted: 1/30/2013 1:12:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I second.

.....alll in favor?

aye
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 1:13:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Aye!

Link Posted: 1/30/2013 1:14:53 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm willing to give up nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons in exchange for no restrictions on what firearms that law abiding people can own.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 1:18:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Hear, hear
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 1:20:11 PM EDT
[#31]

Exactly, NO COMPROMISE!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 1:37:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 1:40:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
There can be NO COMPROMISE with our servants.  Our servants do not just wish to reasonably restrict one amendment.  They mean to restrict them all.

Cannot be overemphasized.

Today it might be those icky scary guns.  Tomorrow, you won't be allowed to criticize your leaders publically.  The next day, it will be illegal to worship anything other than the current dear leader.  That is where this eventually ends.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 1:49:26 PM EDT
[#34]
No compromise?

So that means ignore all gun restriction in the last 100 years?
They are unconstitutional.

Or do you mean to continue with those compromises but resist any more new compromises?

Link Posted: 1/30/2013 2:28:40 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

No compromise?

So that means ignore all gun restriction in the last 100 years?

They are unconstitutional.

Or do you mean to continue with those compromises but resist any more new compromises?

No, resist new encroachments and work to get rid of past encroachments.  Or infringements... if you prefer.  'Compromise' assumes we received a value/benefit of some kind.  Liberals/Democrats asking us for 100% and the final agreement being 5% is not compromise.  It is the incrementalism that takes them to their goal: people prohibited from owning weapons, i.e. no way to keep in check their lust for power.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 3:11:31 PM EDT
[#36]
I agree these are incremental power grabs.
I was just reiterating that we are already in a state of compromise, infringement.
We need to shed those compromises/power grabs/infringements and refuse any further.

I definitely do not encourage or support anyone to ignore or break the law.
everyone should be made aware ther are already in a state of being infringed. we have to push back and not just be happy to only lose a little more or hold off the latest attempt only to have to do it again in a few months or years and always be compromised and on the defense.

Link Posted: 1/30/2013 4:02:59 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I agree these are incremental power grabs.

I was just reiterating that we are already in a state of compromise, infringement.

We need to shed those compromises/power grabs/infringements and refuse any further.

I definitely do not encourage or support anyone to ignore or break the law.

everyone should be made aware ther are already in a state of being infringed. we have to push back and not just be happy to only lose a little more or hold off the latest attempt only to have to do it again in a few months or years and always be compromised and on the defense.

Awesome.  They've butchered the definition of compromise so much so that it is a complete shock when something is presented that would actually be gaining ground for us.  Shit, they're already shocked/angry enough that we would have the audacity to not agree to any of their demands in the first place.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1427688_Another_thread_made_me_want_to_flesh_out_this_idea_about_gun_control___.html
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 4:11:31 PM EDT
[#38]
With a thread title like that I had to jump in..
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 4:16:03 PM EDT
[#39]
RRRRR Rabble Rabble... NO COMPROMISE!
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 4:37:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Remember to take a fence-sitter shooting in a positive environment and feed them truths in small doses while they are on an emotional high.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top