Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/27/2014 4:03:36 PM EDT
PSA has them on sale for $239 plus $17 shipping.  My boss has FFL and doesn't charge me a transfer fee. I can buy them locally for $351 but for $250 how bad could it be? I reload 300BLK for my boss so I'm set up for them. Any pros or cons before I  buy? Mostly be used for plinking and  short range deer or coyote truck gun.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:07:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Only if you plan on suppressing it.  I bought one and use my SDN6 on it.  After a few rounds, it sounds like a pellet gun.  That price is great.  Pick one up.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:08:55 PM EDT
[#2]
link?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:12:55 PM EDT
[#3]
buy a 300blkout barrel and a stripped AR upper...

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:14:57 PM EDT
[#4]
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!!!!!!!!

Why wont people stop talking about this useless concept of a round.  It would finally go into obscurity and be gone if people would simply stop talking about it.

it is useless and horrible. and serves no purpose whatsoever for any possible use.

AAC is stuck with all those handi rifles that nobody wants and finally lowered the price to sell them so they can then try to say people have bought into this useless concept.

I wonder how much Freedom group paid PSA to sell those useless rifles.

good luck finding ammo, since nobody is making it, and it is one of the hardest cartridges to reload for.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:16:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Why wont people stop talking about this useless concept of a round.  It would finally go into obscurity and be gone if people would simply stop talking about it.

it is useless and horrible. and serves no purpose whatsoever for any possible use.

AAC is stuck with all those handi rifles that nobody wants and finally lowered the price to sell them so they can then try to say people have bought into this useless concept.

good luck finding ammo, since nobody is making it, and it is one of the hardest cartridges to reload for.
View Quote

Your title.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:16:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

good luck finding ammo...
View Quote
Still easier to find than .22 LR.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:17:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

K
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:19:11 PM EDT
[#8]
does this qualify for the $200 rebate?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:22:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I love my 300 BLK. It's easy to convert brass for and not hard to load for! What do you have against the round? And there ARE companies making ammo for it and it's readily available. Buy it op that's a great deal
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:24:48 PM EDT
[#10]
I looked at it. Passed

For a couple hundred bucks more I will get a ruger american ranch instead.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:31:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:34:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Its very very quiet and can sound like a pellet gun with the right ammo/can.
That being said, it is very small and cheap feeling.  If you get one change out the forearm/stock.  
I wish I had gotten a CVA pistol tho
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:35:27 PM EDT
[#13]

My handi rifle is stupid fun...especially suppressed...

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:36:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I bought a AAC sdn-6 and the place i bought it from gave me one with the purchase of the supressor. Shot a coon and a hog with it so far, coon at 100yrds and hog at 50. I liked the 300blk so much i'm building a sbr right now. I would have never bought one myself, im not a big H&R fan. I'm a huge 300blk fan. It shoots fine, needs trigger work, but i won't buy one.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:37:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Spoken like a disgruntled .300 Whisper fan.

Cabela's now has enough favors of .300BLK that I may actually get some sights and a muzzle device for the upper I've owned for a couple years but never fired.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:50:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I love my 300 BLK. It's easy to convert brass for and not hard to load for! What do you have against the round? And there ARE companies making ammo for it and it's readily available. Buy it op that's a great deal
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that is what people keep trying to convince themselves of.  Is anyone making ammo that works in cold weather for it yet.  You are aware that it simply won't work in cold weather. I mean it won't even function.  the flake pistol powders used in the loads don't ignite properly or even at all in cold weather.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:52:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Can you show us on the doll where the AAC man touched you?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:53:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Cabela's now has enough favors of .300BLK that I may actually get some sights and a muzzle device for the upper I've owned for a couple years but never fired.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since AAC stole the idea and SAAMI Specced it proves the uselessness of it.  only scum would take a wildcat cartridge and SAAMI spec it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:55:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They bought off all kinds of gun rags, gun shows, gun shops, and spent millions on a advertising campaign to convince people how great this useless round is.  it does nothing very well at all, everything it does sucks.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:56:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yeah that is what people keep trying to convince themselves of.  Is anyone making ammo that works in cold weather for it yet.  You are aware that it simply won't work in cold weather. I mean it won't even function.  the flake pistol powders used in the loads don't ignite properly or even at all in cold weather.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Funny. I killed a 170lb deer with a Gemtec subsonic load last week when it was 16°. Someone should have told me it wouldn't work so I could have used something else!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:57:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

You must be bad at reloading if you think the 300BLK is hard to reload.  There is also lots of plinking ammo available now as well.

The reason AAC is blowing out inventory is because they are moving.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:58:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

They bought off all kinds of gun rags, gun shows, gun shops, and spent millions on a advertising campaign to convince people how great this useless round is.  it does nothing very well at all, everything it does sucks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get an early start on the "holiday Cheer" today?  :)
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:58:33 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Funny. I killed a 170lb deer with a Gemtec subsonic load last week when it was 16°. Someone should have told me it wouldn't work so I could have used something else!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

some guy on hear keeps claiming he hunts exclusively subsonic with the 300blk.  says he has killed at least 10.  i don't buy it
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:59:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

You must be bad at reloading if you think it is hard with the 300BLK.  There is also lots of plinking ammo available now as well.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You must be bad at reloading if you think it is hard with the 300BLK.  There is also lots of plinking ammo available now as well.

I tried to reloading for the useless cartridge and rounds kept falling out the barrel and hitting the dirt in front of me
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:11:23 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

H110 is flake powder?  

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:11:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

some guy on hear keeps claiming he hunts exclusively subsonic with the 300blk.  says he has killed at least 10.  i don't buy it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I realize you're just trolling, but a lot of guys are using it to hunt exclusively. Inside 100 yards it's the shit for deer and hogs both. I've got 6 deer and about a dozen hogs with my 8" upper and 7.62 Saker with 210 and 220 grain projectiles.

I'm not saying it's the best round ever, but your rabid dislike of it is misplaced and ignorant.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:19:20 PM EDT
[#27]
You can get the Model 7 one for $550 and the MPW for $900....    I bought one of the AR ones for $900 without a real use for it.  

I have my trust setup just trying to find a can for it.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:24:04 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

Quoted:

LOL, nice.....
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:27:47 PM EDT
[#29]

Nope not for me I would rather have it in 308.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:32:32 PM EDT
[#30]
I like my Handi Rifle in 300..trigger sucks, but it is fun to shoot (I have a 7.62SD can on mine)  Haven't killed a critter with it yet, but I expect to resolve that before Sunday
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:33:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Lobbing slow moving 30cal bullets around out of a single shot rifle.
The poachers of the world will be all over it. Dragging a critter more than fifty yards back to the truck.
Is bad for business. Take a 300$ rifle and add 600$ worth the suppressor. Do you think a game warden is absolutely stupid?

View Quote

Dafuq did I just read
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:38:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Dafuq did I just read
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The poachers of the world will be all over it. Dragging a critter more than fifty yards back to the truck.
Is bad for business. Take a 300$ rifle and add 600$ worth the suppressor. Do you think a game warden is absolutely stupid?

Dafuq did I just read

Knew a person who poached and could never prove it.
My bad.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:38:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bad trolling is bad and you should feel bad.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:40:25 PM EDT
[#34]
garyd=
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:40:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Kind of pissed me off sorry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dafuq did I just read

Kind of pissed me off sorry.

No no you are right.  The only people interested in the concept would be poachers.  There is not a single legitimate use for it otherwise.  Wannabe operators and poachers.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:40:55 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

My bad.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dafuq did I just read

My bad.

...........did you just accidentally the whole thing?

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:41:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
H110 is flake powder?  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

H110 is flake powder?  

I think we all know where the flake is in this thread.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:42:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Dafuq did I just read
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dafuq did I just read

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:45:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<snicker>
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:49:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dafuq did I just read

My bad.

You wouldn't believe what I leave on the cutting room floor....I thought you would be all eating Turkey.
But missed that Cancel button.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:49:47 PM EDT
[#41]
I like mine. The rifle is a bit small but not to small.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:50:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOl
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:55:21 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
You wouldn't believe what I leave on the cutting room floor....I thought you would be all eating Turkey.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dafuq did I just read

My bad.

I'm in this mode

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 5:55:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I'm not saying it's the best round ever, but your rabid dislike of it is misplaced and ignorant.
View Quote

Full on LOL!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:01:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Besides the truck loads of hogs that I slay with the 300blk, another reason I love it is because it causes the masses to go full on mouth foaming retard at the mere mention of the cartridge.

Yep, I'm keeping it.

ETA: Totally not talking about you garyd.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:02:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

IMO it's a good if specialized round.  Without a can with super sonic loads  it'll essentially duplicate 7.62x39 ballistics.  With a can and subsonic rounds it's a good quiet round.  I don't have one, and don't see one in my near future due to finances, but if I had a 30 cal can I'd have several of them.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:03:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Only if you plan on suppressing it.  I bought one and use my SDN6 on it.  After a few rounds, it sounds like a pellet gun.  That price is great.  Pick one up.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:19:38 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

I know you're taking the piss, but you are right about the ammo situation being fucking heinous

I just built a 300blk sbr and was expecting to be able to get UMC supers for $11/20 or fiocchi for <$30/50, turns out the cheap umc doesn't seem to exist anymore and the prices locally on the fiocchi are unacceptable

and yes I have dies for it, but being forced to reload all my blasting ammo to avoid taking it up the ass on price is not cool
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:28:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I know you're taking the piss, but you are right about the ammo situation being fucking heinous

I just built a 300blk sbr and was expecting to be able to get UMC supers for $11/20 or fiocchi for <$30/50, turns out the cheap umc doesn't seem to exist anymore and the prices locally on the fiocchi are unacceptable

and yes I have dies for it, but being forced to reload all my blasting ammo to avoid taking it up the ass on price is not cool
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In my area it's fairly easy to find for a decent price. Academy has about 5 loadings, Wal-Mart has 3, LGS always have it. But I think it just needs time, because this time last year it was no where to be found. I still can't find 22 or 9mm for less than $14/50, but I can always pick up a box or two of 300. Once Wolf starts loading it, it's going to be a game changer.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 6:33:26 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
In my area it's fairly easy to find for a decent price. Academy has about 5 loadings, Wal-Mart has 3, LGS always have it. But I think it just needs time, because this time last year it was no where to be found. I still can't find 22 or 9mm for less than $14/50, but I can always pick up a box or two of 300. Once Wolf starts loading it, it's going to be a game changer.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've seen more 300 blk on the shelf then 357.  Plinking ammo for 300blk is a long ways off unless you hand load.  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top