Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 89
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 5:10:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That's the official shirt of Bondage A-Go-Go, which is a weekly BDSM party in SF.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm just wondering about the shirt that says BONDAGE on it

That's the official shirt of Bondage A-Go-Go, which is a weekly BDSM party in SF.

Wait, weekly?

Well, I know where I'm taking vacation. We just get meh monthly ones at members houses up here.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 5:19:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

lol I saw that and was like 'hey thank y...hey wait, I'm not sure how to take that'.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I saw you at WalMart carrying an 18 month old pushing a newborn in a stroller, I'd wouldn't suspect a thing.

You are a man of high standards and discernible taste.

http://funtimesnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/15-Outrageous-Clothing-Fails-Spotted-At-Walmart-Stores-9.jpg

...and quite the silver tongue devil

lol I saw that and was like 'hey thank y...hey wait, I'm not sure how to take that'.

Link Posted: 12/16/2015 6:15:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quick question if I may and if I'm getting too personal please feel free to decline to answer, also, I have not read every page, so this may have been covered.

Are you going to get or have you already had the operation to be all female?
For people who have had the operation from male to female, can they have sex? As a female, can they feel anything at all? Can they have an orgasm?
Are there any health issues / danger of future health issues, are you going to need to be on medication for the rest of your life?
Do you feel society is more or less accepting of you now than say 10 years ago?

Thanks for answering and if you don't want to that is fine as well. Good luck to you.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 7:52:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quick question if I may and if I'm getting too personal please feel free to decline to answer, also, I have not read every page, so this may have been covered.

For people who have had the operation from male to female, can they have sex? As a female, can they feel anything at all? Can they have an orgasm?
Are there any health issues / danger of future health issues, are you going to need to be on medication for the rest of your life?

Thanks for answering and if you don't want to that is fine as well. Good luck to you.
View Quote

I haven't had genital surgery, and haven't really put a lot of thought into it as it's a step quite a bit further down the road. I don't really have particular strong feelings either way, and if I'm not super motivated I don't really see the point in going through all the trouble. If I could snap my fingers and have fully functional and complete plumbing I probably would, but the recovery is hell and the results, while usually cosmetically great from the better docs, is just a vagina and nothing else.

Yes they can usually have sex, barring complications or the occasional specifically requested cosmetic non functional surgeries. It seems overwhelmingly not only do many of them orgasm, but they seem to have more female-type intense and longer orgasms. All of my friends that have had it are adamant on that, and I believe them as I seem to be having more female type orgasms already; I nearly passed out during one last week, and they don't seem to be anything like I remember before.

As for meds, spirotonolactone at anti androgen levels requires that certain foods be limited or avoided due to it's potassium-sparing properties. Obviously after genital surgery anti androgens are no longer needed, but estrogen is. It's reccommended to at least get an orchiectomy at some point, as that removes the need for anti androgens and lowers the level of estrogen needed, which is easier on the system. It's hard to really predict what I'll do with hormones 20+ years down the road, as there's no telling what science will think is best then, so I'll probably figure that out  when the time comes.

I'd say overall more accepting, the downside is increased visibility leads to increased scrutiny and pushback. The negative to being in the LGBT group, is sometimes we can be proxy targets for the gays and lesbians if attacks on them aren't successful. 10 years ago no one really thought about us, so it was easier to blend in as no one was expecting or looking for us. That's a big reason trans people get clocked more often in a place like San Francisco than Mississippi, as in SF there's enough of us we're on other people's mental radar and they expect us and know what to look for. In a place like Mississippi, trans people are generally so rare as to be almost unthinkable, so someone that doesn't pass most other places actually has a better shot as most people there have no reason to accept anyone as anything other than the gender they present.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 10:21:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm just wondering about the shirt that says BONDAGE on it

Road trip to your place in Andy's prius!
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 10:22:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Did you get a prius or subaru yet?
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 12:55:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If I saw you at WalMart carrying an 18 month old pushing a newborn in a stroller, I'd wouldn't suspect a thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah, if I had seen the photos of eesmith outside of this thread, I would've thought that was an attractive woman. Makes me think that transsexuals should be fined for violating "truth in packaging" laws.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 3:26:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yeah, if I had seen the photos of eesmith outside of this thread, I would've thought that was an attractive woman. Makes me think that transsexuals should be fined for violating "truth in packaging" laws.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's why all my tops have "actual contents may differ" in small type somewhere on the bottom.
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 3:28:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would be no reason to think otherwise...
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 3:43:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That's why all my tops have "actual contents may differ" in small type somewhere on the bottom.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Heh heh you said "top".

And "bottom".  heh heh
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 3:47:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I'm bi, but I'm pretty open about my status. I can speak in a normal female voice, but because I'm open about things I normally use this somewhat in-between voice as an auditory marker. It sounds pleasant enough(and not like a gay guy) but it saves me the trouble of having to explain my T, especially since my documentation isn't complete yet.

My honest opinion is guys are about a million times more complicated to date than women. I already had trouble understanding guys before, and I definitely do now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So how does this work.  I'm assuming your into dudes. At what point after meeting a guy do you tell them that you're a transsexual?  Or is it obvious from your voice or something?   Do you like wait until you're making out and let them find out or do you tell them up front?  Inquiring minds want to know:)

I'm bi, but I'm pretty open about my status. I can speak in a normal female voice, but because I'm open about things I normally use this somewhat in-between voice as an auditory marker. It sounds pleasant enough(and not like a gay guy) but it saves me the trouble of having to explain my T, especially since my documentation isn't complete yet.

My honest opinion is guys are about a million times more complicated to date than women. I already had trouble understanding guys before, and I definitely do now.

That is a whole 'nother thread all by itself... Not that I have any idea what it's like to date a guy, but everything I've read and people I've talked to make it sound like the opposite is true!
Link Posted: 12/16/2015 8:00:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Isn't it about time for more pictures of progress?

lol I'll see about taking some next time I dress up.

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u494/eesmith79/0F563503-FFFC-4E0D-B928-105405B0BAA0_zpsask8955h.jpg

My poor boy would have an awful looking scar there. His skin leaves 'keloid' scars. He had to have a growth removed from his scalp when he was pretty young & it left a bad scar. When he got a little older & more self conscience we tried to have the scar removed & all it did was get worse. He basically has a bald scar on the right rear part of his head that runs about an inch wide, up & down for a good three inches. Only his sister can cut it to suit him, to hide it. He basically has as long a hair cut as you'll see on a cop, now.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 9:18:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Sent you a PM ee.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 5:51:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sent you a PM ee.
View Quote

USPS must have lost it because I didn't get it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 1:05:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I haven't had genital surgery, and haven't really put a lot of thought into it as it's a step quite a bit further down the road. I don't really have particular strong feelings either way, and if I'm not super motivated I don't really see the point in going through all the trouble. If I could snap my fingers and have fully functional and complete plumbing I probably would, but the recovery is hell and the results, while usually cosmetically great from the better docs, is just a vagina and nothing else.

Yes they can usually have sex, barring complications or the occasional specifically requested cosmetic non functional surgeries. It seems overwhelmingly not only do many of them orgasm, but they seem to have more female-type intense and longer orgasms. All of my friends that have had it are adamant on that, and I believe them as I seem to be having more female type orgasms already; I nearly passed out during one last week, and they don't seem to be anything like I remember before.

As for meds, spirotonolactone at anti androgen levels requires that certain foods be limited or avoided due to it's potassium-sparing properties. Obviously after genital surgery anti androgens are no longer needed, but estrogen is. It's reccommended to at least get an orchiectomy at some point, as that removes the need for anti androgens and lowers the level of estrogen needed, which is easier on the system. It's hard to really predict what I'll do with hormones 20+ years down the road, as there's no telling what science will think is best then, so I'll probably figure that out  when the time comes.

I'd say overall more accepting, the downside is increased visibility leads to increased scrutiny and pushback. The negative to being in the LGBT group, is sometimes we can be proxy targets for the gays and lesbians if attacks on them aren't successful. 10 years ago no one really thought about us, so it was easier to blend in as no one was expecting or looking for us. That's a big reason trans people get clocked more often in a place like San Francisco than Mississippi, as in SF there's enough of us we're on other people's mental radar and they expect us and know what to look for. In a place like Mississippi, trans people are generally so rare as to be almost unthinkable, so someone that doesn't pass most other places actually has a better shot as most people there have no reason to accept anyone as anything other than the gender they present.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

JUST a vagina?!?  Blasphemer!
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 1:07:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I think he meant just an inverted penis.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 3:15:11 PM EDT
[#17]

What's the rest of the shirt say?  ...It's important to my research, of course.  :)
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 3:29:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What's the rest of the shirt say?  ...It's important to my research, of course.  :)
View All Quotes
Quoted:

A-GO-GO
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 3:38:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Congrats on the transition.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 7:21:19 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote

There's a very educational gif on the entire procedure, but good God it makes me wince in pain and want to puke.
Link Posted: 12/18/2015 7:35:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Like eesmith, I too have been been dealing with GID/GD for a long time (40 years in my case). 30+ years of therapy, 8 or so different therapists, more the $20,000.00, peer groups, clergy/the church, and in the end, I'm still here. I started HRT and had a name change over a year ago, over this last year I am happier then I have been in over 20 years, my friends and family don't mind being around me again (I was admittedly a raging asshole who figured if I was unhappy EVERYONE should be unhappy) and most importantly I am no longer suicidal for the first time in at least 25 years.

The only reason I am even exposing myself is because I am getting really sick of the misinformation and vitriol, That doesn't mean I think people aren't entitled to their opinion or that I am somehow owed acceptance, just that people at least realize this is not a path chosen lightly or for fun/attention (at least for most, I'm sure a low percentage do). Should I be allowed to enjoy my life as I see fit? Absolutely. Should a baker be forced to make a cake for me? Absolutely not. The vocal very minority of the LGBT community does not speak for the majority anymore then the vocal very minority of the KKK speaks for the majority of white people.

Best of luck to you all. I hope you find the peace that has eluded you so far.  

Fire away

Jen

ETA: I'm standing with her because this part is important "because there's some of us here, and we're kinda sick of the bashing and misunderstandings that go on, and not being open kind of crimps our ability to really defend ourselves." hence our decision to do a joint thread.  The intention is not a "special Snowflake" thread, but a chance to defend against a lot of what is posted.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/20/2015 2:48:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 3:02:55 AM EDT
[#23]

Wifey wants to know what the shoes cost.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 3:10:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 3:28:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Wifey wants to know what the shoes cost.
View All Quotes

They're BCBG,and were on sale. Under a couple hundred IIRC.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 3:33:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

You spent how much on a pair of heels?

Yup. It's complete. Don't need doctors anymore.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 3:36:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honestly, I kind of want to agree with you but after seeing photos of EE's rifles, I'd say she can afford it.

Personally, my broke ass wears $30 Dr. Scholl's from walmart though.  Can't imagine spending that on shoes.  Then again, I could have bought a KAC for what I have in my camera gear.  To each their own I guess *shrug*
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 4:03:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Honestly, I kind of want to agree with you but after seeing photos of EE's rifles, I'd say she can afford it.

Personally, my broke ass wears $30 Dr. Scholl's from walmart though.  Can't imagine spending that on shoes.  Then again, I could have bought a KAC for what I have in my camera gear.  To each their own I guess *shrug*
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol my most expensive shoes are still several pairs of leftover men's shoes and cowboy boots. I didn't buy as many, so I splurged when I did.

My most expensive ladies shoes are the Via Spiga I had for Halloween; all the rest are under 250 or so.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 4:05:38 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View Quote

Didn't Larry the Cable Guy have a joke that involved his wiener inverting through to his bumhole and back out? Perhaps from seeing something really hot or repulsive?

Link Posted: 12/20/2015 4:09:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 4:11:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Gangbang
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 4:12:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Gangbang
View Quote

Lol
I was hoping
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 6:28:30 AM EDT
[#33]
I ended up buying the horsehead and walking town wearing it the rest of the day. It was great.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 7:32:16 AM EDT
[#34]
I have always felt that if those who are always ranting about LGBTQ would just sit down and get to know them as people they would realize they have more in common with them then not.

It it not about race, religion, orientation, proclivity, or gender identity.....it is about character.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 7:33:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I have always felt that if those who are always ranting about LGBTQ would just sit down and get to know them as people they would realize they have more in common with them then not.

It it not about race, religion, orientation, proclivity, or gender identity.....it is about character.
View Quote

And there's barely 1% of them that act the way they are all stereotyped as.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 7:53:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Well, I know where I'm taking vacation. We just get meh monthly ones at members houses up here.
View Quote

Monthly munched here, and monthly meetings/demos. Lower populat I on here, so weekly would overtaxed a smaller number of folks, I reckon.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 9:04:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Lol
I was hoping
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gangbang

Lol
I was hoping

Link Posted: 12/20/2015 10:10:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sent you a PM ee.

I sent it FedEx this time. Damn USPS.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 10:27:03 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 10:48:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And I want to bash every one of those 1% right in the mouth with a brick.

I work with one in my dept an constantly get "well, why don't you you don't act/sound/talk like him?" from the very few at work who are in the know (folks I've known going on a decade and am friends with outside work). Fucking irritating.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 11:32:15 AM EDT
[#41]

Hey, look, everyone! EE Smith is smiling for a selfie!

I think....

You look great, keep on keeping on.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 12:18:37 PM EDT
[#42]
I have a couple questions I don't think I've seen asked yet, would appreciate personal or second hand info :)

I know that in MTF bottom surgery some doctors use a bit of mucosal tissue from the urethra around the entrance of the new vagina to provide some self-lubrication properties (though I've heard the total output may not be sufficient to completely forgo having lube on hand during intercourse).

1. Is the mucus created "close enough" to a real vagina's output to actually work as a lube (e.g. it stays slippery without drying out or gumming up, and is slippery enough to adequately lower friction to a comfortable level)?

2. Is the mucus created steadily and constantly, or does production vary with arousal / stimulation?
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 12:23:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Ok Doc, what more should I have tried? In trying to find a "cure" I have been to a least 8 therapists over about 30 years and spent well over 20k to do it, I have also sought help from clergy/the church, AA type peer groups and suicide, What did I miss. All I know is that I am now happier then I have been in a very long time and have not had a suicidal thought in pushing a year.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm saddened to hear of your disorder and wish you luck in the future with treatment.

Ok Doc, what more should I have tried? In trying to find a "cure" I have been to a least 8 therapists over about 30 years and spent well over 20k to do it, I have also sought help from clergy/the church, AA type peer groups and suicide, What did I miss. All I know is that I am now happier then I have been in a very long time and have not had a suicidal thought in pushing a year.

Thread newcomer here...

Did you try anti-depressants?  They work pretty well for alot of people.   I'm sorry for whatever conflicted feeling you had...   But,  there's worse problems in the world to be had than gender confusion/sexual orientation,  and alot of people manage to overcome them without resorting to suicide.    1st world problems and all that

I don't agree with your lifestye choice.   In fact,  I find it repulsive.   But,  it's supposed to be a free country -  so I will support your right to live the lifestyle of your choosing

Link Posted: 12/20/2015 12:37:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 1:04:33 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Thread newcomer here...

Did you try anti-depressants?  They work pretty well for alot of people.   I'm sorry for whatever conflicted feeling you had...   But,  there's worse problems in the world to be had than gender confusion/sexual orientation,  and alot of people manage to overcome them without resorting to suicide.    1st world problems and all that

I don't agree with your lifestye choice.   In fact,  I find it repulsive.   But,  it's supposed to be a free country -  so I will support your right to live the lifestyle of your choosing

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm saddened to hear of your disorder and wish you luck in the future with treatment.

Thread newcomer here...

Not speaking from personal experience, but sharing what I learned from a friend.

Anti-depressants are either a hit or miss in terms of mitigating the depression. However, they only target the symptoms, making you feel better, not the actual cause on how one views oneself physically. It's basically slapping a band-aid/gauze pad on a large cut, instead of actually disinfecting and suturing it. Sooner or later the wound will get out of control, an no amount of regular anti-depressants will help.

Worst case scenario, and this has happened in the past to transgender people, that the doctors are complete whackjobs and all they do is write you prescriptions after prescriptions for all sorts of depression meds. If you don't take it, that doctor can and will screw you over for life. Finding another doctor who can help is a pain in the ass. I myself know this after trying to run through the grapevine of contacts, references after references until I actually found the right one. Months after first starting the search.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 1:12:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Thread newcomer here...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thread newcomer here...

Yes, I have, it helped with the depression but did NOTHING  for the dysphoria.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 4:13:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Thread newcomer here...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thread newcomer here...

Anti depressants are great for chemical imbalances and acute, transitory situations, but if you've got something long-term, I'd rather treat the issue itself instead of the symptoms.

And sure there's worst things than gender dysphoria, but I think a lot of people fail to grasp the chinese water torture aspect of it and how it permeates your entire life. No sense continuing struggling with it if you don't have to.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 5:05:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Anti depressants are great for chemical imbalances and acute, transitory situations, but if you've got something long-term, I'd rather treat the issue itself instead of the symptoms.

And sure there's worst things than gender dysphoria, but I think a lot of people fail to grasp the chinese water torture aspect of it and how it permeates your entire life. No sense continuing struggling with it if you don't have to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thread newcomer here...

Having a family member that is a manic depressant I can tell you drugs rarely solve the problem on their own.  The side effects range from annoying to debilitating.  EE is 100% correct do what makes you happy, pharmaceuticals are a tool not a solution.  

Link Posted: 12/20/2015 6:20:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I have a couple questions I don't think I've seen asked yet, would appreciate personal or second hand info :)

I know that in MTF bottom surgery some doctors use a bit of mucosal tissue from the urethra around the entrance of the new vagina to provide some self-lubrication properties (though I've heard the total output may not be sufficient to completely forgo having lube on hand during intercourse).

1. Is the mucus created "close enough" to a real vagina's output to actually work as a lube (e.g. it stays slippery without drying out or gumming up, and is slippery enough to adequately lower friction to a comfortable level)?

2. Is the mucus created steadily and constantly, or does production vary with arousal / stimulation?
View Quote

I think the only real answer I can give to all of those is "it depends" lol, because I can give yes or no responses to each question. There's several different techniques for the surgery, stylistic differences between doctors, and variability between patients that makes absolute statements difficult to give.

There are really great results possible, but the hit or miss nature is one big reason I'm not interested in it  any time soon.
Link Posted: 12/20/2015 7:54:04 PM EDT
[#50]

eesmith,  This really isn't a transgender  question, it's more of a "life" question.  And I realize I may be overstepping my bounds and asking something that is too personal.  So, obviously, feel free not to answer.

I think you alluded to the possibility of going back to your old career, but you weren't sure.   Obviously, you were very successful at a very difficult, and specialized, profession.  You're also relatively young.   I'm curious, are you able to "retire" now, or are you considering a "next" career?  If the latter (a new career), what do you think you're going to do?  

Again, I realize this isn't an "on topic" question, and I realize I might be overstepping my bounds.  So forgive me.  I'm just interested in "transitions".  I think it's a quality that is needed, and valuable, in modern society, people need to be skilled at "transition", and who better to ask than someone who has made some dramatic changes.  

Thanks

Page / 89
Top Top