Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 21
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 4:51:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I was just talking to a kid that works for me yesterday. Married 18 months. His wife is a sexy little blonde 22 year old. She loves him to death, lets him do whatever he wants, doesn't nag and is a great person. But he hates being married or really in any relationship. It's not because he wants to bang other chicks and he says he honestly doesn't know why he feels the way he does. It causes him a lot of guilt. We've talked about it quite a bit. But apparently he decided it would be a good idea to come clean a few nights ago. Basically told her he'd been faking it the whole time and he feels horrible that she loves him more than he loves her. She left for the night and came home the next day. They're going to get into counseling and he's going to seek help to see if he has a personality disorder or something. But who knows how it's going to work out long term.

Anyway, I can kind of see him fitting into this group.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 4:53:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds like a bunch of guys that just can't get laid, you can't abandon what you never had!
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 4:57:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

They won't get hurt.  They don't care.  What they won't be is robbed of their entire life's earning by some shrieking harpy.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn't we just to used to call them gay?

Its also inaccurate.
MGTOWs will still fuck women, they just want nothing to do with them socially or in any long term relationship.

Overseas sex junkets, prostitutes, occasional easy lay.

So they get hurt by careless women, so they become careless men and hurt more women, who become careless, etc.  They're just trying to contribute to the circle of dystopia.

They won't get hurt.  They don't care.  What they won't be is robbed of their entire life's earning by some shrieking harpy.

#nofaultdivorce

#alimony

#wimmenequality

#familycourt

For some reason, I had similar views to these guys for years after my divorce. I just thought it was the contemporary smart male answer to the legal system. It never occurred to me it would have its own little gay internet support group. Well I guess everything does now...including black rifles.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 4:58:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Sounds like some brokebutt mountain shit to me....

http://cdn.hitfix.com/photos/6101299/Brokeback-Mountain.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Sounds like some brokebutt mountain shit to me....

http://cdn.hitfix.com/photos/6101299/Brokeback-Mountain.jpg

That's what I was thinking too.

Naaaa.  Clint is never gay.  He just missed his wife in that movie.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:01:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Unfortunately the law is not gender neutral.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Honestly, though, if guys just want to go their own way, I have no problem with that. Nobody owes anybody else a relationship. Going out of their way to break up other people's marriages (as mentioned in the article) or use and discard women like Kleenex is fucked up, but just going their own way is fine.

I also think women who go out of their way to break up other people's marriages or use and discard men like Kleenex are pretty fucked up too. It's a gender neutral concept.

Law be damned, you choose how you treat people. The law has exactly diddly shit to do with how you treat other people. Actively working to break up other people's marriages is shitty behavior. Using and discarding people like Kleenex is shitty behavior. Going your own way is not shitty behavior. The law doesn't cover any of those outside the bounds of legal marriage. And none of those behaviors is restricted to legal marriages.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:04:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:06:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

My first thought.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:08:26 PM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I want to get a good look at these motherfuckers. I have my suspicions (you do too) and I'll bet we're not wrong.

SUPREME

https://67.media.tumblr.com/547642b3beff0d364c55f490cdc0d257/tumblr_inline_nmuwwrA31e1ts9ad2_400.png

GENTLEMAN

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/1985993.main_image.jpg

I'm not saying he's gay, but he sure knows what a dick tastes like.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:08:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Sounds like a group of losers why cant get a girl.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:13:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd half-understand this non-movement if there were virtually no decent women of character to be had.

But that's um...not the case. A lot of men have a habit of choosing really piss poor life partners, and it should come as a shock to no one that quite a few women suffer from the same malady.

Why not fix that, instead of of swearing off the other sex entirely?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:13:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I was just talking to a kid that works for me yesterday. Married 18 months. His wife is a sexy little blonde 22 year old. She loves him to death, lets him do whatever he wants, doesn't nag and is a great person. But he hates being married or really in any relationship. It's not because he wants to bang other chicks and he says he honestly doesn't know why he feels the way he does. It causes him a lot of guilt. We've talked about it quite a bit. But apparently he decided it would be a good idea to come clean a few nights ago. Basically told her he'd been faking it the whole time and he feels horrible that she loves him more than he loves her. She left for the night and came home the next day. They're going to get into counseling and he's going to seek help to see if he has a personality disorder or something. But who knows how it's going to work out long term.

View Quote

Stories like this I don't get.  Proposing and planning a wedding is usually a pretty big deal and a fairly lengthy process-----years usually.  At no point during those years of dating/engagement did he think, "You know, I don't really want to be married so maybe I shouldn't propose/have a wedding"?  

Or worse, I guess, reading back through it-----WHY would he propose and get married when he doesn't even love her?  

The epitomizes the thing some people (me ) home in on as to why many marriages fail-----someone settled for whomever they were dating at that time/got married *just because*.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:15:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:17:07 PM EDT
[#13]
*shrugs shoulders*

Why buy the cow, when you can get the milk for free?

Especially when there's a 50% chance that cow will use the lopsided legal system to steal half of your assets and generally screw you over.

Mgtow is not about abstaining from women completely. It is about putting your happiness and financial well being first and not letting a soul sucking harpy ruin your life. It is a direct push back against modern feminism.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:18:11 PM EDT
[#14]
I call it marriage. Watch out for this disease single guys.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:19:29 PM EDT
[#15]
MGTOW = Gay

Until sexbots come out

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:21:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
between my last wife and my current wife I went 14 glorious, trouble free years without dating.

I didn't intend for that to happen, it just did.

After my divorce I looked back on my history with women and realized that I sucked at picking them. I needed to be in a relationship so bad that fell in love with anyone that liked me, no matter how fucked up they were. So I decided to take a break from dating and just get used to being alone. I said no dating for a year and I stuck to it.

And the end of that year I found that my life was busy, filled up with hunting, fishing, shooting, woodworking, etc... When I thought about asking a girl out I would then think "Hmmm, I would rather go fishing that night" or "I would rather save that money for that pistol I want".

Little by little 14 years went by. I had a dog for companionship and the internet for keeping my prostate healthy.

Starting dating again was an accident.

A few years ago I got an email from Plenty of Fish saying that I had a message from some woman. I thought that was strange and checked it out. I forgot that in 2010 I had considered dating again and signed up on the sight just to see what was out there. I never used it though, just seemed like too much work. Still. some woman had noticed that I said I spoke spanish and had messaged me. I thought it might be fun to chat up some girl in spanish since I had never tried that before. The web site told me I had to finish my profile and upload a picture before I could return the message so I did.

While trading messages with her I noticed they had a game like "Hot or Not" on the sight so I started playing and soon all these women started sending me messages saying "Hey, we matched". I didn't care about these women, I didn't need to date them, so I just had fun with them. I was crass, indifferent, a wise ass. Not mean or anything, just having fun. The women loved it and before I knew it I was dating like I have never dated in my life, several different women a week and sometimes even on the same day. They were what I call high mileage mopeds, but they were fun, and horny as hell.

In the middle of all that fun i met my current wife. I don't need to be with her, I want to and my life as gone from solo act crazy bachelor dude with no kids to having two step kids I like (Especially my stepson. He is a damn fine young man and my new hunting fishing partner) and two grand kids that I really love. I have no idea how this happened, it was not in my plans at all, but it came after a full 14 years of not dating.
View Quote

Part of the key there was the fact that there was zero desperation on your part.  Women can sense it, or lack thereof, and respond accordingly.  Confidence is attractive.  Your not caring was what made you appealing.  You were a challenge.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:21:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Law be damned, you choose how you treat people. The law has exactly diddly shit to do with how you treat other people. Actively working to break up other people's marriages is shitty behavior. Using and discarding people like Kleenex is shitty behavior. Going your own way is not shitty behavior. The law doesn't cover any of those outside the bounds of legal marriage. And none of those behaviors is restricted to legal marriages.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Honestly, though, if guys just want to go their own way, I have no problem with that. Nobody owes anybody else a relationship. Going out of their way to break up other people's marriages (as mentioned in the article) or use and discard women like Kleenex is fucked up, but just going their own way is fine.

I also think women who go out of their way to break up other people's marriages or use and discard men like Kleenex are pretty fucked up too. It's a gender neutral concept.

Seriously?  The law specifically details what you can and cant do to other people.  That precisely what it does.  It is, in fact, its only purpose

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:30:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I suspect that you and Sylvan might be speaking past each other.  You are both correct in within a certain context.

You are correct that actively working to break up other relationships is wrong.  Using others is wrong.

Sylvan is correct that application of the law can be biased.  In some states, extremely biased.  And it DOES impact how people interact with others, whether it should or not.  Since it takes devotion from both spouses for a marriage to work, any law that creates an inequality in the cost of divorce (or worse, subsidizes it) will create an inequality of motivation to make the marriage work.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:30:15 PM EDT
[#19]
losers that can't get women, plain and simple.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:36:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'd half-understand this non-movement if there were virtually no decent women of character to be had.

But that's um...not the case. A lot of men have a habit of choosing really piss poor life partners, and it should come as a shock to no one that quite a few women suffer from the same malady.

View Quote

Because that takes introspection and a desire to improve oneself. Much easier to just blame someone else, anyone else, everyone else, than to take that long, hard look in the mirror and dedicate yourself to doing better.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:37:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The world is so fucked up.  I like being married and I like being a Dad.  But I feel like I'm in the minority now.  Bizzarro world.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:39:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Swearing off having relationships is one thing; swearing off no intimate contact even with a hooker is odd. Yeah the mental picture here is clear.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:41:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Seriously?  The law specifically details what you can and cant do to other people.  That precisely what it does.  It is, in fact, its only purpose

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Show me precisely where the law says "it is illegal to actively attempt to sabotage other marriages." It doesn't. That's just shitty behavior. Show me where the law says "it is illegal to use and discard people like Kleenex." It doesn't. That's just shitty behavior, not criminal in any way. Being a shitty person isn't illegal. It's just being a shitty person.

In the immortal words of Bill and Ted

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:55:34 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I just don't get the hooker thing.

The absolute zero self esteem a man must have to decide he's so worthless , that he has to pay a woman to sleep with him.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why would you swear off sex, and especially why if you require a support group to do it?

(Religion aside)

They haven't.

Just relationships.

Save up some money, rail the shit out of a hooker every month or two (which is more sex than some married men are getting) and do what the fuck you want.

I just don't get the hooker thing.

The absolute zero self esteem a man must have to decide he's so worthless , that he has to pay a woman to sleep with him.

You aren't paying her for sex.  You are paying her to leave after sex.

Edit: Beaten like a farting dog in church.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 5:58:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Sounds like a bunch of guys that just can't get laid, you can't abandon what you never had!
View Quote

20% of the men are regularly fucking 80% of the women so you're right most men have a hard time getting any ass.

It's the 80/20 rule.

Of the remaining 80% of men most only get their first piece of tail when a female persues them husband shopping. The men within the 80% able to land a wife and get their first taste are only successful because of their desirability as a sperm donor and provider.

Some number of men within the 80% (not sure the number my guess would be 30% of all men) have absolutely zero chance of ever getting a piece of pussy, not unless they pay for it. The reasons being they have no value to a female as sperm donor and as a provider.

My numbers may be slightly off but the theory is sound.

I haven't been without pussy since I was 17 years old and I'm middle aged now so don't go there.
Doesn't hurt I've been married since I was 23.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:01:21 PM EDT
[#26]
MGTOW is just the obvious backlash against militant feminism and the rampant "Princess Syndrome" in the U.S.

Not surprising that some of the cannon fodder level males look around and say "Well fuck this game" Its not like they stop taking phone calls from porn stars, super models and heiresses. When your best option is a 2nd grade teacher who weighs more than you do or a starbucks worker with $150K in student loan debt it makes it easier to decide to not play the traditional game. Add in the guys who have had their nuts cut off by the courts in settlements and child support. Easy to see how a "Fuck it. I'm going fishing" mindset could come into being.

The whole idea of giving it a name and calling it a movement is gayer than Liberace in a dick tree though.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:23:25 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm not about to join some self-pity club to try and justify my short comings, but I fall into this category. I'm 27 and still a virgin, and never have had any kind of relationship with a girl before. I just suck at social interaction, and fit the phrase "Couldn't get laid in a whorehouse with a fistful of cash". A little over a year ago I decided I'd gone past the point of no return, accepted being alone, and gave up on it all together.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:24:19 PM EDT
[#28]
They might be the fat hackers Trump referenced in the debate.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:25:19 PM EDT
[#29]
When the game is rigged against men, it is logical for men to stop playing the game.

Terms like "divorce raped" didn't appear from nowhere...

Losing your kids to your ex and her new bf...

Losing your job...your house...your car...your future earnings...ending up facing BS restraining orders that have no basis in reality but still cost your your guns, job, etc.

Marriage is stacked against men.  Men are saying fuck this and walking away.  

Its pretty logical considering the legal structure that exists to fuck men over in the courts.  

The various men's rights movements are not about being sexless...they are about never ending up on the wrong end of all that.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:32:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

*tips fedora
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:44:34 PM EDT
[#31]
I'm married for the second time and love my wife, but if fortune did not smile upon me and something happened I would not be in another relationship again. I can understand where some of these people come from, but then again I'm the kind of person that could live in a hermit's cave and be just fine.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:51:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Show me precisely where the law says "it is illegal to actively attempt to sabotage other marriages." It doesn't. That's just shitty behavior. Show me where the law says "it is illegal to use and discard people like Kleenex." It doesn't. That's just shitty behavior, not criminal in any way. Being a shitty person isn't illegal. It's just being a shitty person.

http://i.imgur.com/T8I86.gif?noredirect
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/T8I86.gif?noredirect

iron maiden? excellent
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:53:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Introverts. After a suitably negative experience they go for introspection into what actually makes them happy, and find that relationships might not be worth it, overall.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 7:59:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So the takeaway is Reddit has it's own version of GD.  Got it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:04:42 PM EDT
[#35]
who sleeps? we fuck.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:04:57 PM EDT
[#36]
He Man Woman Haters Club

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:06:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Sounds like a bunch of incredibly smart, wealthy men.

Unfortunately I've never been that smart.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:12:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I want to get a good look at these motherfuckers. I have my suspicions (you do too) and I'll bet we're not wrong.
View Quote

Yeah. Great minds think alike. I'm sure they are mega-alphas.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:25:48 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Introverts. After a suitably negative experience they go for introspection into what actually makes them happy, and find that relationships might not be worth it, overall.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree with that.  Many people on the autism scale simply realize that socializing, relationships, and specific human interaction are not their cup of tea and simply focus on their hobbies and or work.  This is fine as long as they are not blaming women for their lack of relationships and coming up with some reason to blame feminists for their single life.

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:46:42 PM EDT
[#40]
I decided in December 2001 that my list of ex girl friends and ex finances was long and impressive enough.

Been single ever since. Haven't dated, haven't banged any split tails, haven't missed them at all.  Definitely not gay.

Bitches be crazy yo.

I'm 51, debt free, credit score of 837,  have everything I want or need, and am on track to retire at a decent age.  

Haters gonna hate. Don't give a shit. Just hate 'em back twice over.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:49:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, they were called cloistered monks.

I'll probably never sleep or have sex with a woman again. Not after having my wife of 30 years leave me.

I am not going through that experience again.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:51:27 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

I decided in December 2001 that my list of ex girl friends and ex finances was long and impressive enough.

Been single ever since. Haven't dated, haven't banged any split tails, haven't missed them at all.  Definitely not gay.

Bitches be crazy yo.

I'm 51, debt free, credit score of 837,  have everything I want or need, and am on track to retire at a decent age.  

View Quote

Wait... you haven't been laid in 15 years?

What the actual fuck?
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:52:15 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I'll probably never sleep or have sex with a woman again. Not after having my wife of 30 years leave me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Those 2 things have nothing to do with each other.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:58:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Wives/children/girlfriends are very hard on dissertations. My dissertation is struggling enough as it is.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 8:59:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:00:14 PM EDT
[#46]

could just be tired of giving up everything for the slippery end of a wet gut
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:00:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

What the actual fuck?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bitches be crazy yo.

What the actual fuck?

Yep, banged enough quim in my day. Think I'm done.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:01:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Has no effect on me. I guess whatever makes them happy. I dont generally complain when angry people remove themselves from making others miserable.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:03:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Stories like this I don't get.  Proposing and planning a wedding is usually a pretty big deal and a fairly lengthy process-----years usually.  At no point during those years of dating/engagement did he think, "You know, I don't really want to be married so maybe I shouldn't propose/have a wedding"?  

Or worse, I guess, reading back through it-----WHY would he propose and get married when he doesn't even love her?  

The epitomizes the thing some people (me ) home in on as to why many marriages fail-----someone settled for whomever they were dating at that time/got married *just because*.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know two men, just right off hand, who have told me they married because they "thought it was time."
Once upon a time, I did the same thing.  You know how that turned out.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 9:06:28 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View Quote
I'm kinda the same way. Every time I've dated I was ambivalent about it, and the longest relationship I've had was about 2 months. I thought I'd be into it, but I wasn't.... at all. So I pretty much quit. I think I've been on two dates in the last 10 years and both of them pretty much had to beg me to go out (then rapidly lost interest ).

Now I don't really care either way.

Page / 21
Top Top