Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 6:28:19 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

... The_Macallan you are one of the site's most valuable and intelligent contributors - I'm happy to call you my friend

Thank you Sir! And I to you too!

Link Posted: 1/12/2013 6:29:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Good form letters can be found in THIS THREAD
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 6:32:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hagan will screw us.  She supported a ban in 2009, but won't make the same comment in the form letters she is sending out now.  She is probably gone come mid terms since she rode in on the annointed ones coat tails in 08.  I just hope she does as little damage as possible between now and then.

This. I am still going to hammer that b#$ch's office with my thoughts though. Thanks OP
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 6:36:27 AM EDT
[#4]
This should be a sticky on the arfcom main page.

REALLY visible.

Thanks for the work OP
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 6:39:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't forget that Al "let's keep counting until we find enough D ballots" Franken is up in 2014 as well.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 6:39:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Awesome information.  Thanks OP.  I personally hope that liberals get slaughtered in the midterms.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 6:42:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Holy crap, you are the man!  Great information!  You are a huge asset to this site.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 6:46:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Stay on TX-R Cornyn's ass. The replies I have seen have been wishy-washy. I have not gotten any replies to my letters though.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 6:47:59 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Don't forget that Al "let's keep counting until we find enough D ballots" Franken is up in 2014 as well.

He's he's very vulnerable, but he's also from a Blue state and is so far Left he wouldn't care if 100% of Minnesotans were opposed to gun-control.

Like the Senator from Colorado, they're "second tier" Senators to call.

Link Posted: 1/12/2013 6:49:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Done...took less than 20 minutes to email everyone on that list. Turn on your auto-fill feature and paste the letter and boom!
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 6:53:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Fine work OP
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 6:55:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Hagan probably sees the writing on the wall just the same as Purdue- she's a one-termer.  What she does between now and then won't matter one bit to her chances at getting re-elected, and she knows it.  She will vote the way she wants to vote rather than vote the way the conservatives who will vote her out of office regardless want her to vote.

It is more important to remind Burr not to compromise on things like weapons and mag bans or bans on bulk ammo purchases.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 6:59:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Excellent post, thank you.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 7:02:35 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Hagan probably sees the writing on the wall just the same as Purdue- she's a one-termer.  What she does between now and then won't matter one bit to her chances at getting re-elected, and she knows it.  She will vote the way she wants to vote rather than vote the way the conservatives who will vote her out of office regardless want her to vote.

It is more important to remind Burr not to compromise on things like weapons and mag bans or bans on bulk ammo purchases.

Again - SHE needs to feel intense heat so that she'll convey that to Harry Reid who does not want to lose control of the Senate by angering Republican opposition across the country.

And yes - it's very important to protect not just guns, but magazines and ammo too.

If we compromise - we compromise on things like paying for increased mental healthcare or paying for increased block-grants to schools to beef up their on-site security.

Link Posted: 1/12/2013 7:07:07 AM EDT
[#15]
thanks for the into OP, now I have more congressmen to write too. it'll be interesting to see how reid gors on this whole issue.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 7:08:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 7:17:07 AM EDT
[#17]
sent letter to each of them including reid
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 7:20:56 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Good form letters can be found in THIS THREAD

EXCELLENT!

I remember NYPatriot's Herculean efforts back in 04 here also.

Link Posted: 1/12/2013 7:21:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Warner will be tough to beat. He was a popular governor and is a fairly popular senator. Im sure McDonnell our current gov will be running against him and he is very popular as well.

It will be a hard race.

The email responses I got back from both Warner and McDonnell left too much "gray" area for me.  We will see when it comes time for them to vote.

OP - thanks for putting this together

Link Posted: 1/12/2013 7:27:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Chuck Grassley said today that a ban on high capacity magazines isn't unreasonable.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 7:29:56 AM EDT
[#21]
To help supplement this excellent post, I have compiled a list of every Senator up for re-election in 2014 and their current responses on Second Amendment legislation:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1420444_Senators_Up_for_Re_election_in_2014_and_Second_Amendment_Stance.html
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 7:33:30 AM EDT
[#22]
From Mary Landrieu:

January 7, 2013

Dear Mr. Airrick:

My prayers and greatest sympathy go out to the families and community of Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Connecticut, and to all families that have been affected by gun violence.  On December 14, 2012, twenty-seven innocent lives were taken from us in a heartbreaking tragedy.  As the nation grieves over this senseless act of violence, it is more important than ever that we come together to address the issues affecting American communities.

The Second Amendment to the Constitution guarantees the rights of all Americans to own and possess guns. While preserving the rights of honest gun collectors, sportsmen and owners who possess firearms for traditionally lawful purposes, we must also continue to ensure that we protect innocent unarmed citizens.  I am sure you can agree - like any right guaranteed to a free people, the right to bear arms must be exercised responsibly.

Unfortunately, in the past year, we have seen instances where this right has been abused in tragic fashion.  The theater shooting in Aurora, CO, the Sikh temple shooting in Oak Creek, WI, and the school shooting in Newtown, CT, were terrible and unnecessary tragedies.  Occurrences such as these remind me of the important role that government plays in upholding statutes that aim to limit such tragedies.

We must do more to target the causes of mental illness and determine the most effective ways to treat it.  I support and will continue to strongly advocate for expanded and improved mental health coverage so that the mentally ill can obtain adequate treatment to not only overcome their struggles, but to lead more productive and fulfilling lives.

I also support strict adherence of federally licensed firearms dealers to the requirements laid out in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). The NICS determines the eligibility of an individual to purchase a firearm and explicitly prohibits those who have been legally determined to be mentally ill or committed to a mental institution from purchasing any weapons.

Currently, there is no gun control legislation scheduled for a vote.  However, I believe that when evaluating future proposals, we must find a balanced way to address the safety of American citizens while ensuring Second Amendment rights granted under the Constitution.  Please be assured that I value your input and will keep it in mind as we continue to address this issue in the 113th Congress.

I appreciate hearing from you on this matter, and I trust that you will continue to contact me on matters of mutual concern. Please feel free to visit my website at http://landrieu.senate.gov for more information on my legislative priorities.

With warm regards, I am

Sincerely,

Mary Landrieu

Not very reassuring.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 7:42:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:

He's he's very vulnerable, but he's also from a Blue state and is so far Left he wouldn't care if 100% of Minnesotans were opposed to gun-control.

Like the Senator from Colorado, they're "second tier" Senators to call.

I was surprised to see that Franken ducked calls to give a response on gun control recently given his past statements.  Apparently they already have an even further left primary candidate lined up against him who is all for gun control and gave Franken a hard time about not being more vocal.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 7:54:06 AM EDT
[#24]
OP, very helpful information. Thanks for taking the time.

Link Posted: 1/12/2013 7:57:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Excellent post OP!!

Thanks. OP

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 7:57:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Don't trust Saxby Chambliss just because he has an (R) by his name.  He is a sellout POS.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 8:05:39 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Don't forget that WV Senator Jay Rockefeller is retiring in 2014 and his seat is now up for grabs. Senator Rockefeller had a NRA "D" rating and was not a good vote, his name, tenure, and money kept him in office. Congresswoman Capito   who is current rated NRA "A".

While this may not be helpful this year, it will be helpful in future years to be rid of his vote in the Senate. This will be one of those elections where the Democrats have to spend lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Yes that is a very good point. That's one more possible "loss" for Harry Reid and the Democrats.

As soon as we find out who the folks that are running for his seat are - we'll put fire to their feet too.

Link Posted: 1/12/2013 8:11:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Have emailed and written Mark Warner.  Phone calls next week.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 8:11:42 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Don't forget that WV Senator Jay Rockefeller is retiring in 2014 and his seat is now up for grabs. Senator Rockefeller had a NRA "D" rating and was not a good vote, his name, tenure, and money kept him in office. Congresswoman Capito   who is current rated NRA "A".

While this may not be helpful this year, it will be helpful in future years to be rid of his vote in the Senate. This will be one of those elections where the Democrats have to spend lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

This is part of the reason I think Obama will just sign a couple of minor EO's and then forget the whole gun control thing and let Feinstein's bill die -- he can't be stupid enough to take on the NRA and expect to come out ahead in 2014.

ETA:  Then again, he just might do it.

Link Posted: 1/12/2013 8:21:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If Begich votes for gun control he might as well resign to save himself the trouble of being booted out. I'm not worried about him.

Here's Begich's reply on the matter to me:

Dear Mr. Spooky:

Thank you for contacting me about the tragic shooting in Newtown, Connecticut.

I was shocked by this horrifying event, and my heart goes out to the victims, families and the Sandy Hook community as they face this tragedy.  This was a terrible, senseless crime against some of the most vulnerable.

In the aftermath of this awful crime, we must be vigilant about addressing future threats to public safety.  There is no simple solution, but I do not believe more restrictive gun laws will prevent criminals from committing acts of violence.  I have always been and continue to be a strong defender of Second Amendment rights for law-abiding citizens.

I believe this tragedy, and the shooting earlier this year in Aurora, Colorado, illustrate a pressing need to improve mental health services in this country.  The Sandy Hook shooter was in early adulthood, a time when mental illnesses frequently develop.  I have introduced a bill, S. 3325, the Mental Health First Aid Higher Education Act of 2012, to improve mental health services on college campuses.  This legislation would establish a program to provide training to faculty members, dormitory resident advisors, and other members of the college community to recognize the signs of mental illness and safely address crisis situations.

We must do more to keep our communities and families safe, and legislation like this is an important step in the right direction.  I will continue working with my colleagues in the Senate to promote mental health services and prevent violence.

Thank you again for contacting me about this tragedy.  Please continue to be in touch with your thoughts and concerns.

Sincerely,

Mark Begich
U.S. Senator

Not as bad as some Democrat Senators but not very comforting none the less.  Maybe Sarah Palin will run against him - or Joe Miller...  

Spooky
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 8:28:41 AM EDT
[#31]
I have been e-mailing Lindsay Graham non-stop to not give an inch on the bans, ammo or mags restrictions. I know he said he owns an AR and does not support a ban on them but I still do not trust him any farther than I could throw him.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 8:53:30 AM EDT
[#32]
If Begich votes for gun control he's out. Period. He knows this.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 9:04:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Awesome thread.

Link Posted: 1/12/2013 9:09:00 AM EDT
[#34]
I got a feeling its time for them to go.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 9:25:09 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It's going to be nice to get rid of Begich. He is only there because the DOJ ran a shoddy witch hunt against Ted Stevens, who was immediately exonerated AFTER he lost the election

Democrat Senate candidates run in Alaska saying "I can convince other Democrats to support oil development"  Yeah they're going to listen to a junior Senator from Alaska instead of their environmentalist mega-donors

Begich could have held up ObamaCare to get ANWR opened, but he was happy to bend over for Harry Reid and Obama asking nothing in return.

Joe Miller?
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 9:30:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Landrieu and Pryor are toast regardless.

I've contacted Pryor on this issue and all I got is crickets.  No response at all.  I so hope you are right about Pryor.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 10:13:03 AM EDT
[#37]
If you contact Sen. Alexander from TN. Say thankyou.
Here is the response I got from him.

Dear Shooter62,

Thanks very much and letting me know what’s on your mind regarding the right to bear arms.

I’m a strong supporter of Second Amendment rights. Congress should not pass laws that take away these rights from law abiding citizens and leave criminals to terrorize the streets. Good citizens don’t abuse guns – criminals do. I will continue to support legislative efforts to protect the Second Amendment rights of law abiding Americans, and oppose efforts to overturn the Second Amendment.

In two recent cases, the U.S. Supreme Court clearly held that the Second Amendment protects the right of individual Americans to keep and bear arms. In the 2008 case, D.C. v. Heller, the Supreme Court held that D.C.’s restrictive gun laws violated the constitutional rights of Americans. Two years later, in McDonald v. Chicago, the court struck down the city of Chicago’s handgun ban and held that, like the federal government, state and local governments must respect Second Amendment rights. I joined legal briefs in both cases in defense of this constitutional right and was pleased with the Supreme Court’s decisions.

I am grateful you took the time to let me know where you stand. I’ll be sure to keep your comments in mind as Second Amendment rights are discussed and debated in Washington and in Tennessee.

Sincerely,
Lamar
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 10:24:22 AM EDT
[#38]
Good letter from Alexander.  He's the type who could have gone wobby.  

It's a package deal for these Senate Dems up in 2014.  They won't vote yes when it looks like a ban won't pass the House.  All pain, no gain.  But if it does look like a ban will pass, they'll all jump on board, hopiing it does pass, and then gun owners stay home in disgust at the Repubs.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 1:03:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
If Begich votes for gun control he's out. Period. He knows this.

Begich already made a statement to the press that he would wait to see what Obama offered but at this time he will not be supporting additional gun control.
Link Posted: 1/12/2013 1:16:01 PM EDT
[#40]
I figure the best we can do is email/call/fax all of them if we can and let them know how we feel. All they give a shit about is numbers
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 8:50:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Bump
Link Posted: 1/13/2013 8:58:05 PM EDT
[#42]
You need to add my anti gun senator as well . There is a thread in Georgia hometown, both republicans have decided to go anti gun.

Link Posted: 1/14/2013 5:13:24 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
You need to add my anti gun senator as well . There is a thread in Georgia hometown, both republicans have decided to go anti gun.

Names would help
Link Posted: 1/14/2013 5:44:33 PM EDT
[#44]
FWIW, here's what I got from Landrieu-

Dear Mr. Leethar:

My prayers and greatest sympathy go out to the families and community of Sandy Hook Elementary in Newtown, Connecticut, and to all families that have been affected by gun violence.  On December 14, 2012, twenty-seven innocent lives were taken from us in a heartbreaking tragedy.  As the nation grieves over this senseless act of violence, it is more important than ever that we come together to address the issues affecting American communities.

The Second Amendment to the Constitution guarantees the rights of all Americans to own and possess guns. While preserving the rights of honest gun collectors, sportsmen and owners who possess firearms for traditionally lawful purposes, we must also continue to ensure that we protect innocent unarmed citizens.  I am sure you can agree - like any right guaranteed to a free people, the right to bear arms must be exercised responsibly.

Unfortunately, in the past year, we have seen instances where this right has been abused in tragic fashion.  The theater shooting in Aurora, CO, the Sikh temple shooting in Oak Creek, WI, and the school shooting in Newtown, CT, were terrible and unnecessary tragedies.  Occurrences such as these remind me of the important role that government plays in upholding statutes that aim to limit such tragedies.

We must do more to target the causes of mental illness and determine the most effective ways to treat it.  I support and will continue to strongly advocate for expanded and improved mental health coverage so that the mentally ill can obtain adequate treatment to not only overcome their struggles, but to lead more productive and fulfilling lives.

I also support strict adherence of federally licensed firearms dealers to the requirements laid out in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). The NICS determines the eligibility of an individual to purchase a firearm and explicitly prohibits those who have been legally determined to be mentally ill or committed to a mental institution from purchasing any weapons.

Currently, there is no gun control legislation scheduled for a vote.  However, I believe that when evaluating future proposals, we must find a balanced way to address the safety of American citizens while ensuring Second Amendment rights granted under the Constitution.  Please be assured that I value your input and will keep it in mind as we continue to address this issue in the 113th Congress.

I appreciate hearing from you on this matter, and I trust that you will continue to contact me on matters of mutual concern. Please feel free to visit my website for more information on my legislative priorities.

With warm regards, I am

Sincerely,
Mary Landrieu
United States Senator
Link Posted: 1/14/2013 5:55:28 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Names would help

Phil Gingrey is the rep.

Our Sen. Chambliss has already been covered.

Link Posted: 1/14/2013 6:18:30 PM EDT
[#46]
2014 is an off-year, hopefully we can get rid of Warner. Kain beat Allen by five points in 2012.
Link Posted: 1/14/2013 6:29:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Tom Udall of New Mexico should be added to that list

I concur.

And also, thank you for the outstanding post and all the work you put into it, OP!

Link Posted: 1/14/2013 6:29:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/14/2013 6:55:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

We MN residents need to get this piece of liberal scum booted out of office. We have to get a margin big enough so he can't get that small margin in his favor with ballot stuffing and all the other fraud his cronies pulled of.
Link Posted: 1/15/2013 6:41:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Bump
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top