Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:22:39 AM EDT
[#1]
To all the people griping about a $50 lower with a $250 rollmark:
The Gen II is a revolutionary product.  A forged (STRONG!) lower receiver with billet features (flared magwell, integrated trigger guard).  It 's super cool and unique in the market, and that's what justifies the price.  Not the rollmark.

Noveske definitely dropped the ball on quality, IMO.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:25:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Weird thing is that they look like they would all have extreme attention to detail.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:25:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag26/xxsleepinclassxx/photo1_zps6eb84862.jpg

That's fucked up, does it matter? [shrug]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Folks are paying top dollar for Gen II non-chainsaw lowers and they are showing up with issues galore...

Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME?

http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t649/mdwstddm4/df/IMG_0957_zps53a7be24.jpg

But that was Noveske's claim to fame... PRISTINE finishes on their products.  That lower should've been sold as a chainsaw.  All of the blem PSA lowers I have built around look better than that Noveske.

Got ya.  Now that you say that, I can see what a complete rip off that piece of shit lower was.
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag26/xxsleepinclassxx/photo1_zps6eb84862.jpg

That's fucked up, does it matter? [shrug]

Yikes. The small pits I wouldn't even mess with. That looks terrible.

Holes off center, burr rolled in the cross hole (on the one a few posts up). Someone in the finishing room needs a wiener punch for that finish.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:31:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The Gen II is a revolutionary product.  A forged (STRONG!) lower receiver with billet features (flared magwell, integrated trigger guard).  It 's super cool and unique in the market, and that's what justifies the price.  Not the rollmark.

View Quote

Nope.  Overpriced junk for fanboys.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:34:11 AM EDT
[#5]
tag
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:36:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Half of the people complaining about minor finish imperfections are going to fuck those lowers up anyway by pounding roll pins into them on their kitchen table.

This is why I can't stand most gun enthusiasts. You're not buying a $2500 Sako 85 Deluxe. It's an AR15, and a lot of them will be shot a few times and then only brought out of the safe when the owner wants to show it off when his buddies come over for a BBQ.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:37:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:44:45 AM EDT
[#8]
Oops.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:47:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Haha a fool and his money...

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:50:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

what you don't seem to understand is up until John died, nothing like this ever would have happened. I have chainsaw lowers that I seriously cannot see the cosmetic flaw in. Noveske never sold anything that wasn't absolutely perfect as a non-chainsaw.
Now they are acting like a completely different operation.
I'd be pissed. I'm also glad I bought my Noveske stuff before he died and a clerk got put in charge of the company.
It fucking sucks. They used to make some of the nicest stuff on the market.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Having a small cosmetic defect has no effect on the performance of the weapon.

what you don't seem to understand is up until John died, nothing like this ever would have happened. I have chainsaw lowers that I seriously cannot see the cosmetic flaw in. Noveske never sold anything that wasn't absolutely perfect as a non-chainsaw.
Now they are acting like a completely different operation.
I'd be pissed. I'm also glad I bought my Noveske stuff before he died and a clerk got put in charge of the company.
It fucking sucks. They used to make some of the nicest stuff on the market.

I guess I just view AR15s as weapons. I'll never view them as showroom pieces or wall hangers.

I can't imagine pulling out an AR and admiring the beautiful laser engraved logo and selector markings.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:54:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
They're not the only ones with buyers remorse...

http://captiongenerator.com/6883/Hitler-Finds-Out-About-Noveske
View Quote

This is hilarious and SO true
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:54:41 AM EDT
[#12]
This thread needs more butthurt and fanbois.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:55:26 AM EDT
[#13]
chainsaw = a very expensive blem.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 9:59:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Weird thing is that they look like they would all have extreme attention to detail.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0259/2561/t/2/assets/slideshow_1.jpg?2276

View Quote

I blame the two guys without facial hair. It's always the bald faced ones that screw things up.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:00:24 AM EDT
[#15]
How do you guys even find blemishes so small?
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:00:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Half of the people complaining about minor finish imperfections are going to fuck those lowers up anyway by pounding roll pins into them on their kitchen table.
View Quote

Sometimes, when all you have is a vice, c-clamp and kitchen counter to assemble an AR15, you make it work.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:01:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
How do you guys even find blemishes so small?
View Quote

Lots of experience playing with very small guns....

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:01:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
There are some pretty bashed up lowers in that thread. Personally I would not care but whatever, I can understand why someone paying a bunch of money is pissed.  

I thought the chainsaw lower deal was pretty clever, but I guess they really opened themselves up to people expecting the full price lowers to be flawless. A lot of that looks no different than some of the bashed up stuff that Colt sends out the door.
View Quote

Flame suit on.   If gun owners would stop buying firearms as if they were fire art to be regarded sipping wine with pinkies sticking out we wouldn't have this sort of stupidity.

Every one I've ever seen at the range with the absurd Tier 1 stuff in immaculate condition at the range (usually topped off with a couple thousand bucks worth of optics) was the same:   They show up, shoot a couple shots (poorly), and then talk about their "Top Brand" guns as if they expect a pat on the back.   Its ostentatious and grating.   I take tremendous solace at these times in setting up the 500 yard gong and watching their annoyance as they keep missing it, while I ring the damn thing over and over again with my Franken Ar put together with EE scraps and a very basic optics.  

The kind of guy who would vent a spleen because of the minor cosmetic issues in that thread is usually not the kind of guy who actually shoots enough to become skilled.  

More like corvette collectors.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:04:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I never would have found those flaws.
View Quote

I wouldn't have either. I didn't look that hard at my Spikes lower, the only thing I would have noticed are the marks around the takedown pin hole. Although if I paid $250 for a lower I would expect better quality than that.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:05:52 AM EDT
[#20]
If it goes bang, who gives a fuck?

Kharn

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:06:39 AM EDT
[#21]
If they are so bad you can't stand it anymore I will offer .20 cents on the Dollor to buy them up.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:08:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Flame suit on.   If gun owners would stop buying firearms as if they were fire art to be regarded sipping wine with pinkies sticking out we wouldn't have this sort of stupidity.

Every one I've ever seen at the range with the absurd Tier 1 stuff in immaculate condition at the range (usually topped off with a couple thousand bucks worth of optics) was the same:   They show up, shoot a couple shots (poorly), and then talk about their "Top Brand" guns as if they expect a pat on the back.   Its ostentatious and grating.   I take tremendous solace at these times in setting up the 500 yard gong and watching their annoyance as they keep missing it, while I ring the damn thing over and over again with my Franken Ar put together with EE scraps and a very basic optics.  

The kind of guy who would vent a spleen because of the minor cosmetic issues in that thread is usually not the kind of guy who actually shoots enough to become skilled.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are some pretty bashed up lowers in that thread. Personally I would not care but whatever, I can understand why someone paying a bunch of money is pissed.  

I thought the chainsaw lower deal was pretty clever, but I guess they really opened themselves up to people expecting the full price lowers to be flawless. A lot of that looks no different than some of the bashed up stuff that Colt sends out the door.

You could say it was the art collectors that keep the parts from looking even shittier.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:15:56 AM EDT
[#23]
It takes a special kind of stupid to be pissed of that a blem item has blems.

Edit... Missed the "non" part, thought it was the usual bitching about blem items.  I guess chainsaw really means weed eater now.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:16:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

FFS THEY ARE NOT BLEMS.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:22:07 AM EDT
[#25]
I ordered a chainsaw that I need to sell, but just haven't gotten around to it.  I dropped the idea of building a noveske and just bought an SR15.  I guess I will now lose money on that noveske lower.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:22:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0259/2561/t/2/assets/slideshow_1.jpg?2276
View Quote

Start a Photoshop thread...
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:24:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:43:10 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Shh don't make fun. Reading is a hassle sometimes.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:48:05 AM EDT
[#29]
If the pins are off, I would be pissed. The cosmetic stuff would get a shrug from me.

But as I have said before, and ruffled a few feathers doing so, there are a 3 groups of people in the gun community. Gun owners, collectors and shooters. These threads prove that the majority aren't the latter.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:50:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

i like the gen 2 lowers for that reason, they have the great look of a billet, but they are forged. the trigger guard is awesome, i wich more companies would include their trigger guard on forged lowers, and the flared magwell is great to. I bought a bunch of lowers from noveske, i didnt mind spending the extra cash on them. but i dont believe i got anything blemished as bad as the guys on the forums,, but then again i didnt get my lowers from joBobs, i got mine from DSG.

either way, since these are Gen2 lowers and they stopped making gen 2 lowers, they should be able to get rid of them at more price than they payed for them.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:51:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
But as I have said before, and ruffled a few feathers doing so, there are a 3 groups of people in the gun community. Gun owners, collectors and shooters. These threads prove that the majority aren't the latter.
View Quote

Yup:

I posted this in the Ares thread:

""Even in the "black rifle" segment of the gun enthusiasts community, my experience on these boards and in real life is that about 75% of the gun owners are "hobbyists" rather than truly freedom oriented. They enjoy guns like a guy who restores old Mustangs or Corvettes enjoys that activity. They're like stamp collectors, only with guns; and there's also this segment playing barbie dress-up with accessories they don't even know how to properly use or that are effectively useless (laser designators? really? WTF!?). When the laws get in their way, it pisses them off, just as the guy restoring a 1964 1/2 Mustang gets pissed off about emissions testing when the authorities talk about extending it to classic cars, but these hobby gun guys ultimately don't own guns for the 2A purposes of think about guns in terms of their use in preserving overall freedom. And just as most of the car restoration crowd can't drive performance machines for shit, go to the range some time and watch the awful, terrible, pathetic skills of the "hobby" gun owners -- you'll know em when you see em, and you'll also realize there are more of them than the guys who are amazing you with their skill and acumen. ""
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:57:02 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yup:

""Even in the "black rifle" segment of the gun enthusiasts community, my experience on these boards and in real life is that about 75% of the gun owners are "hobbyists" rather than truly freedom oriented. They enjoy guns like a guy who restores old Mustangs or Corvettes enjoys that activity. They're like stamp collectors, only with guns; and there's also this segment playing barbie dress-up with accessories they don't even know how to properly use or that are effectively useless (laser designators? really? WTF!?). When the laws get in their way, it pisses them off, just as the guy restoring a 1964 1/2 Mustang gets pissed off about emissions testing when the authorities talk about extending it to classic cars, but these hobby gun guys ultimately don't own guns for the 2A purposes of think about guns in terms of their use in preserving overall freedom. And just as most of the car restoration crowd can't drive performance machines for shit, go to the range some time and watch the awful, terrible, pathetic skills of the "hobby" gun owners -- you'll know em when you see em, and you'll also realize there are more of them than the guys who are amazing you with their skill and acumen. ""
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup:

What's the difference between a hobbyist and a truly freedom oriented individual? I ask because I have a Noveske and I love freedom.

I bought the Noveske N4 because.i Was told it  was rugged and could take abuse.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:58:43 AM EDT
[#33]

I don't know where to start other than to say that some of you must line your gun safes with silk and cashmere and never take your weapons out to the range

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:59:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

What's the difference between a hobbyist and a truly freedom oriented individual?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup:

What's the difference between a hobbyist and a truly freedom oriented individual?
one has a III patch and can spell Appleseed
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:03:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I bought the Noveske N4 because.i Was told it  was rugged and could take abuse.
View Quote

If you bought for those reasons, or because you like the physical configuration (mag flair etc) of the Noveske design, then you're probably not one of the guys who is complaining because the finish on their gun parts fails to achieve the level of 20 coats of hand-rubbed lacquer on a old Vette.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:05:34 AM EDT
[#36]
If and when I buy something that is supposed to represent perfection in its class and find a bunch of random superfluous shit wrong with it on the outside. I wonder about the inside.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:05:56 AM EDT
[#37]
Looking at the pics and the comments in that thread make me shake my head.  I've put worse damage on a lower taking it out of the safe.

I never knew lowers could be "graded."

Quoted:
If and when I buy something that is supposed to represent perfection in its class and find a bunch of random superfluous shit wrong with it on the outside. I wonder about the inside.

View Quote

I hope you've never owned or have a desire to own a Colt.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:09:37 AM EDT
[#38]
$350-$500... should have bought a Billet. Hell for those prices you could have just about gotten a match upper/lower set.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:10:58 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

$350-$500... should have bought a Billet. Hell for those prices you could have just about gotten a match upper/lower set.
View Quote
$249.95 is what I read.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:11:19 AM EDT
[#40]
$250 for a lower.......hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:12:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Looking at the pics and the comments in that thread make me shake my head.  I've put worse damage on a lower taking it out of the safe.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I like Colt.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:15:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can always tell who the toothless "parts is parts" guys are.
TAURUS JUDGE RULES!
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:21:49 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

TAURUS JUDGE RULES!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TAURUS JUDGE RULES!
Not to sound toothless but he's kind of right.  If it's all to spec and has good fitment, a stripped lower is just a stripped lower.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:26:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:26:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I don't know where to start other than to say that some of you must line your gun safes with silk and cashmere and never take your weapons out to the range

View Quote

Well one ding dong in that thread claims to have spent $2,500 (so 10 lowers). He later posted in the thread that he didn't even look at any of them and put them straight into storage.

Says a lot.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:28:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Not to sound toothless but he's kind of right.  If it's all to spec and has good fitment, a stripped lower is just a stripped lower.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TAURUS JUDGE RULES!

One of the weirder consequences of the surge in the AR market has been the emergence of the "wine snob" equivalent in gun owners.

I remember in the ban days when people were nursing themselves along with cast olympic and DPMS lowers and liking it.  I still have a DPMS cast lower from that era, though its bolted to a .22 dedicated upper at the moment.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:28:57 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

There's nothing wrong with plain jane lower.  I have one and it's never failed me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any plain jane, PSA or Anderson lower, I wouldn't even bat an eye at those marks.

Paid a premium for a Noveske?  Yeah, I'd be a bit upset.

There's nothing wrong with plain jane lower.  I have one and it's never failed me.

But, has it ever failed...nevermind
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:33:23 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Or Spike's
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Should have went with a PSA.

Or Spike's
Or both.  

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:34:40 AM EDT
[#49]
These gentlemen are now quiet, as they have moved on to a spirited argument concerning the best brand of wax to use on the door jambs of their cars.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 11:35:13 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I like Colt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I like Colt.

Never looked at one have you?
Page / 11
Top Top