Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:14:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They paid MUCH more to get a perfect lower.  Sell them for $50 and you have a point.  Check the price paid.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is nothing wrong with those lowers besides minor cosmetic imperfections.

Kids these days.

They paid MUCH more to get a perfect lower.  Sell them for $50 and you have a point.  Check the price paid.  

I guess it's not even something I would notice.  I could see being pissed if it was out of spec.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:18:34 AM EDT
[#2]
"It's a serious user's gun.  It's supposed to look like shit."  
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:19:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Which is not what the people were sold. If you're sold a blem (ie, a lower with minor cosmetic imperfections), then you don't have much room to be upset. If you're sold a lower that isn't advertised as a blem, then yeah you have a right to be upset. Your stance is similar to saying "well, I know you filled your car up out of the premium pump and got regular gas, but it's still gas. Nothing wrong with it, just lower octane."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kids these days.

Which is not what the people were sold. If you're sold a blem (ie, a lower with minor cosmetic imperfections), then you don't have much room to be upset. If you're sold a lower that isn't advertised as a blem, then yeah you have a right to be upset. Your stance is similar to saying "well, I know you filled your car up out of the premium pump and got regular gas, but it's still gas. Nothing wrong with it, just lower octane."

Poor analogy.  The quality of gas affects performance.

Having a small cosmetic defect has no effect on the performance of the weapon.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:20:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Folks are paying top dollar for Gen II non-chainsaw lowers and they are showing up with issues galore...
View Quote

Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME?

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:20:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Kids these days.
View Quote
If they had paid $50 for them, sure. But these are $250 lowers. They'd better come with a blowjob

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:21:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Seems weird that Noveske is now Cerakoting their lowers instead of anodizing them.

View Quote

Anodized finishes are not identical from batch to batch - even while using the identical parts and procedures.

They are still anodizing them, just covering that up with Cerakote to make all their uppers/lowers uniform in color.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:22:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That would suck if you went through all that trouble to get a pristine replacement lower and put a big gouge into it the next time you pulled it out of the safe to fondle it.   That would be my luck.
View Quote

Guilty Different company though, but same thing happened. Still love it though.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:22:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Still haven't been able to find any blems on the blem lowers and uppers I've bought.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

PSA is where the value is these days.

Still haven't been able to find any blems on the blem lowers and uppers I've bought.
Ditto here.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:24:34 AM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Folks are paying top dollar for Gen II non-chainsaw lowers and they are showing up with issues galore...

http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t649/mdwstddm4/df/IMG_0957_zps53a7be24.jpg
Oh Lumpy and your consistent sunny disposition.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:24:41 AM EDT
[#10]
What makes them $250?  I was always under the impression that a lower is a lower.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:25:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I never would have found those flaws.
View Quote

I would, but only because I'm in the business of finding flaws in rifle parts.

If it didnt' come out of my shop, it wouldn't bother me a bit.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:26:51 AM EDT
[#12]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But that was Noveske's claim to fame... PRISTINE finishes on their products.  That lower should've been sold as a chainsaw.  All of the blem PSA lowers I have built around look better than that Noveske.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:28:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
There are some pretty bashed up lowers in that thread. Personally I would not care but whatever, I can understand why someone paying a bunch of money is pissed.  

I thought the chainsaw lower deal was pretty clever, but I guess they really opened themselves up to people expecting the full price lowers to be flawless. A lot of that looks no different than some of the bashed up stuff that Colt sends out the door.
View Quote

I would have no problem using one of those bashed up lowers.  All of my noveske lowers are chainsaw lowers and those pick look like chainsaw grade.  I would have a big problem paying non chainsaw prices for them.  I would buy them as chainsaw lowers all day long.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:29:32 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Neither have I

One of the best deals going these days

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:31:35 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

What makes them $250?  I was always under the impression that a lower is a lower.
View Quote
The brand, and your impression is right for the most part.  IMHO, Fitment is number one but there are some additional features that could call for more cash like billet vs forged, mag-well flare, other aesthetic stuff.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:35:04 AM EDT
[#16]
They're not the only ones with buyers remorse...

http://captiongenerator.com/6883/Hitler-Finds-Out-About-Noveske
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:36:49 AM EDT
[#17]
Like a bunch of girls and Barbie. Crybaby central over there.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:37:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Some of the "flaws" wouldn't bother me. There is no freaking way I'd pay full price for the hack jobs done by the rear TD pin. Advertise & sell a perfect part.. you best ship a perfect part.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:37:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kids these days.

No, it's an apt analogy. They were sold one thing and delivered another. Whether what they were buying makes sense to you or not that is what happened.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:38:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
If they had paid $50 for them, sure. But these are $250 lowers. They'd better come with a blowjob  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kids these days.

I was under the impression they were paying for the Logo/rollmark.

Put a magpul logo and rollmark on those and people will pay more than $250.

It's still just a lower, at the end of the day all that counts is if it is in spec or not.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:38:13 AM EDT
[#21]
for most of those i would not complain. then again i would not pay that kind of money for a lower based on cosmetic finishes. OMG the coating has a dimple in it that i needed a high power optic to see and will in now way effect how the rifle works.

what ever.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:41:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

they take all my money, then put everything on sale the next day , I still love their sales.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:41:37 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kids these days.

Fair enough, but would you buy a "brand new" car with a few dings and scratches in the paint without any reduction in price?  I sure as hell wouldn't.  I will be the one to put scratches on my car, not the dealer.

If you have a "blemished" line for a product, you have to delineate between the two.  If they never introduced the chainsaw line, this wouldn't be an issue for the smaller defects.  Some of the other flaws are truly , though.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:41:48 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I had a batch a few months back that were obviously blems (marks/scratches, off color, etc.).  However, the last few blems I've received from them looked near perfect.

I've used various blems from Aero Precision as well, and they are always near perfect. I've only found one tiny imperfection on one, that you really had to look closely to see.

As for these Noveske lowers, I'd be pissed if I paid that much for a lower, and it looked like that. You pay the premium for their attention to detail.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:42:21 AM EDT
[#25]
i really think it's neat-o that they now refer to themselves as "The Greatest Gun Manufacturer Ever," and have lots of really rad t-shirts and stickers for sale.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:44:05 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
they take all my money, then put everything on sale the next day , I still love their sales.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I bought a lower and then they dropped the price the next day, I called CS and Josh said that he would send a note to the financial folks to credit my order the difference.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:45:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

pics of stripped lower ?

(please dont kill me)

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any plain jane, PSA or Anderson lower, I wouldn't even bat an eye at those marks.

Paid a premium for a Noveske?  Yeah, I'd be a bit upset.

There's nothing wrong with plain jane lower.  I have one and it's never failed me.

pics of stripped lower ?

(please dont kill me)

Tag.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:45:47 AM EDT
[#28]
I've been very happy with my $110 Noveske lowers circa 2007.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:46:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Ive never found any blems on my psa blem lowers.
I think they just do it to clear some stock
View Quote

Sounds like PSA packed yours properly.  They have been known to throw multiple lowers in a box and let them get banged up in transit...then some people here respond with "They are blems...what do you expect?"

I do not see the point in paying that much for a lower.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:47:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

But that was Noveske's claim to fame... PRISTINE finishes on their products.  That lower should've been sold as a chainsaw.  All of the blem PSA lowers I have built around look better than that Noveske.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got ya.  Now that you say that, I can see what a complete rip off that piece of shit lower was.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:47:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Looking at those pics, my 3 Noveske Chainsaw Lowers look a hell of a lot better than those
View Quote

My thought as well. I got 2 chainsaw lowers for $100.00 a piece a couple years ago and they looked great compared to those. I get that Noveske is somewhat local to me and makes awesome products but Im not nice enough to my guns to spend that kind of cash for something Im going to ding up anyway.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:48:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Wow, you guys are picky.  But I suppose that's why you're paying $250.00 for the lower in the first place.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:53:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Meh. Some of those I would not bitch about, but some look pretty shitty for a high end lower.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:55:30 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I've always bought the cheapest in-spec lowers I can find.  

Heck, I remember the days when all the holes just might NOT line up and there were only a couple of sources for parts.  It sucked!

Kids building AR's today have it made so they cry about dings and things that don't matter one bit and buy the cool logo of the day at inflated prices.

It's simple - either cover the ding with a sharpie or return it and move on.  Their ultra picky QC went out the window - we have seen this before.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 7:56:59 AM EDT
[#35]

It had a spec on it.

A spec.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:00:26 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote

It had a spec on it.

A spec.
yep, it'll rub off.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:01:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

It's still just a lower, at the end of the day all that counts is if it is in spec or not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kids these days.

You sound like Hillary Clinton with all your "What difference does it make?" talk

The point is we were sold "Grade A" lowers not Chainsaws.  Yeah I like my rifles to look pretty and have a cool rollmark, so what?  I also like my tools to look pretty as well.  The marks they end up with after use should happen as a result of my doing, not the manufacturer.  Why is this concept so hard for some people to grasp?
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:01:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Heck, I remember the days when all the holes just might NOT line up and there were only a couple of sources for parts.  It sucked!

Kids building AR's today have it made so they cry about dings and things that don't matter one bit and buy the cool logo of the day at inflated prices.

It's simple - either cover the ding with a sharpie or return it and move on.  Their ultra picky QC went out the window - we have seen this before.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Word..you should see how shitty some of the Colts look now a days..I am at the point I dont send them back anymore..its not worth the headache.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:03:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

My thought as well. I got 2 chainsaw lowers for $100.00 a piece a couple years ago and they looked great compared to those. I get that Noveske is somewhat local to me and makes awesome products but Im not nice enough to my guns to spend that kind of cash for something Im going to ding up anyway.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looking at those pics, my 3 Noveske Chainsaw Lowers look a hell of a lot better than those

Yup.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:03:59 AM EDT
[#40]
Deburr....

When I worked in a machine shop, deburr guys were notorious for being dumb potheads with no attention to detail and we cycled through them a lot.

This is the kind of work they did.  It kills me when I see shit deburr on AR parts, since it's so easy to do correctly and is one of the last steps.  Same with poorly installed helicoils
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:07:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Anodized finishes are not identical from batch to batch - even while using the identical parts and procedures.

They are still anodizing them, just covering that up with Cerakote to make all their uppers/lowers uniform in color.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seems weird that Noveske is now Cerakoting their lowers instead of anodizing them.

Still won't work.  Every batch of Cerakote is a TINY bit different. And the mix of hardener to Coating changes appearance as well. As long as they do matched sets from the beginning that stay side by side through the entire process, they'll be ok. But if they do 20 lowers, mix a new batch, 20 lowers, mix a new batch, 20 uppers, etc, slight differences will appear.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:08:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:09:47 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Kids these days.

Seriously.

Would you order a brand new high end car from a dealership, and then when it's been delivered see a nice scratch along the side just shrug and be fine with it? You know since it's only cosmetic and functions fine.

When people pay money for a premium product they deserve one. No excuses.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:10:32 AM EDT
[#44]
I believe a lower is a lower so long as its in spec and I have no problems with blems.
That said, if they want to maintain their rep as tier 1, then they should not be selling blems, chainsaws, 2nds whatever they want to call them. You make a $350 receiver right or it goes in the scrap bin. Don't try to recoup losses on a 2nd rate finish, even by selling them at a reduced cost, doing so will only lower expectations. This is the result.
I've read were Lamborghini scraps like 3 or 4 hoods to make one that meets its expectations and they do not try to recoup costs by selling those parts at a reduced rate. No scratch and dent sales, they are either right or they go to the chop saw. That's how tier 1 companies maintain their rep.

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:10:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:13:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:14:47 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

You sound like Hillary Clinton with all your "What difference does it make?" talk

The point is we were sold "Grade A" lowers not Chainsaws.  Yeah I like my rifles to look pretty and have a cool rollmark, so what?  I also like my tools to look pretty as well.  The marks they end up with after use should happen as a result of my doing, not the manufacturer.  Why is this concept so hard for some people to grasp?
View Quote

Oh I get it. You are upset. You have been greatly wronged and you want justice.

Either return it or cry about it on the internet....

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:15:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Freakin BANDSAW Time stinkin wussies!

Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:15:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag26/xxsleepinclassxx/photo1_zps6eb84862.jpg

That's fucked up, does it matter? [shrug]

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got ya.  Now that you say that, I can see what a complete rip off that piece of shit lower was.
http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag26/xxsleepinclassxx/photo1_zps6eb84862.jpg

Yes it does.
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 8:16:13 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The take down hole isn't even centered in the recess.

Page / 11
Top Top