Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 26
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 11:30:40 AM EDT
[#1]
but winter is bulking season I already lost my abs due to all the holiday foods..... but what the hell IN.  I am at 160 right now. Usually around 150 and more cut/defined. My goals are adding more lean mass.

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 5:57:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 6:48:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

How tall are you if you don't mind?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

5'7", I have literally put on 10 pounds since thanksgiving. The good news is I can cut very quickly and keep it off, I have just been eating like shit being on vacation. It is much easier to eat well and stay in the routine when I am back at work.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 8:11:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I had 0 carbs today before dinner. Did Big Clean Complex and had the worst headache.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 8:18:44 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 12/29/2015 8:25:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

5'7", I have literally put on 10 pounds since thanksgiving. The good news is I can cut very quickly and keep it off, I have just been eating like shit being on vacation. It is much easier to eat well and stay in the routine when I am back at work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Im 5'10" and 160 with some abs still showing right now, I was like WTF, my lats aren't that big, you looked taller than me I thought.

I'm shooting for 180 by spring.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 8:31:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I wonder what my lats will look like when I am 200#s.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 8:52:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Im 5'10" and 160 with some abs still showing right now, I was like WTF, my lats aren't that big, you looked taller than me I thought.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

you should see them when I'm not over weight lol. I do A LOT of wide grip pull ups and lat pull downs my lats get pretty ridiculous when I actually target them. My lats and shoulders and triceps seem to be the only damn thing I can grow. My forearms and biceps need serious work.

hard to get a good lat spread going while taking the pic selfie style.

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:21:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I wonder what my lats will look like when I am 200#s.
View Quote

Like wings.  Get your shit together.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:10:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Tag for later. This is just what I need.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 3:34:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Well with some guys at the office we are doing a 3 month deal starting next Monday...we are gonna all go down together and do the bodpod at BYU.  

So I guess my point is I need to stay as fat as possible for the initial bodpod test, so I'm gonna keep porking out through Monday.  It's a totally legit excuse.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 8:46:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Well with some guys at the office we are doing a 3 month deal starting next Monday...we are gonna all go down together and do the bodpod at BYU.  

So I guess my point is I need to stay as fat as possible for the initial bodpod test, so I'm gonna keep porking out through Monday.  It's a totally legit excuse.
View Quote

Well you have till the end of January. So there is plenty of time.

I wish we had a pod around here.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 12:53:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Guess I'll reserve this as a placeholder until I can get a decent pic. I'm 6'3" and 310 lbs, I have a 100 lb weight loss goal by the end of the year. We shall see... Giving up beer will be the hardest part, I love good beer.

Ok, there it is.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 12:55:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Guess I'll reserve this as a placeholder until I can get a decent pic. I'm 6'3" and 310 lbs, I have a 100 lb weight loss goal by the end of the year. We shall see... Giving up beer will be the hardest part, I love good beer.

View Quote

I replaced beer with bourbon. Giving up my beer was the hardest part. The clean eating and diet change was easy. But I LOVE beer. Now I just have 1 every other week or so and stick to Bourbon for daily drinking. It took some getting use to but now like a nice beer I really appreciate bourbon.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 12:58:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Transformation thread?

What did I win?
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/rock711/image.jpg1_zps3plx4707.jpg[/URL

<a href="http://s127.photobucket.com/user/rock711/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps1y98j7ui.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/rock711/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps1y98j7ui.jpg</a>

Oh, it hasn't started yet? Guess I'll just keep working.
View Quote

Respect, you look great (no homo)
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 12:58:42 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm in.

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:12:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I replaced beer with bourbon. Giving up my beer was the hardest part. The clean eating and diet change was easy. But I LOVE beer. Now I just have 1 every other week or so and stick to Bourbon for daily drinking. It took some getting use to but now like a nice beer I really appreciate bourbon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not being able to drink beer does suck. At least I can drink wine. Hard stuff doesn't agree with me.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:37:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I daily drink but want to cut it back to 3 days a week or so and have been enjoying Scotch. From a weight-loss perspective, other than the calories, does a couple 1.5 oz drinks at night negatively affect a weight management plan much? Honestly, I don't know, I am new to all this and trying to figure it out? I do not plan to do any specific "plan", just to cut back on portions, cut out junk food (chips, crackers, etc..) and start out by walking more and getting into light lifting.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 1:47:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Diet tip-  eat a single egg for breakfast

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 2:00:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I daily drink but want to cut it back to 3 days a week or so and have been enjoying Scotch. From a weight-loss perspective, other than the calories, does a couple 1.5 oz drinks at night negatively affect a weight management plan much? Honestly, I don't know, I am new to all this and trying to figure it out? I do not plan to do any specific "plan", just to cut back on portions, cut out junk food (chips, crackers, etc..) and start out by walking more and getting into light lifting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would stay away from not only beer, but wine and bourbon.  Vodka is the way to go IMO.  60 empty calories approx per drink.  Mix it in with a zero cal ice drink.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 3:12:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take it for what it's worth.

https://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/lifters-guide-to-alcohol
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 3:13:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

<a href="http://s981.photobucket.com/user/SCW-Shooter/media/05A884E7-D05F-4731-A2F2-A96FD4E4B330.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae294/SCW-Shooter/05A884E7-D05F-4731-A2F2-A96FD4E4B330.jpg</a>

View Quote

Is that a dinosaur egg?
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 3:18:49 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Thank you.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 6:12:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I had 0 carbs today before dinner. Did Big Clean Complex and had the worst headache.
View Quote

It looks like we're going to do a short keto cycle starting next week. It'll only be 2-3 weeks, but will be a nice kick start to getting rid of the fat I put on.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 6:22:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Transformation thread?

What did I win?

<a href="http://s127.photobucket.com/user/rock711/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps1y98j7ui.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/rock711/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps1y98j7ui.jpg</a>

If I had known how quickly this thread was going to go gay I'd have taken my pic in booty shorts.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 6:23:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It looks like we're going to do a short keto cycle starting next week. It'll only be 2-3 weeks, but will be a nice kick start to getting rid of the fat I put on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't look like you need to do it yet.

My strength is already starting to go from it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 6:44:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife wants to do it and she's the provider of food, so I'm along for the ride. It's only going to be 2-3 weeks, so it shouldn't hurt too bad. I've been eating under 150g of carbs for the last several months and 100 before that.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 6:58:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Hell, in.

Placeholder so you can get the eye bleach ready.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 7:02:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Oh, perfect timing. My gym opens on the 4th!

Tag for later
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 7:08:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

My wife wants to do it and she's the provider of food, so I'm along for the ride. It's only going to be 2-3 weeks, so it shouldn't hurt too bad. I've been eating under 150g of carbs for the last several months and 100 before that.
View Quote

My wife does her own thing. Wish she would lift. Not that she looks bad now though.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 7:34:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Is that a dinosaur egg?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s981.photobucket.com/user/SCW-Shooter/media/05A884E7-D05F-4731-A2F2-A96FD4E4B330.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i981.photobucket.com/albums/ae294/SCW-Shooter/05A884E7-D05F-4731-A2F2-A96FD4E4B330.jpg</a>

Is that a dinosaur egg?

Emi, neighbor gave it to me this morning and I tried to eat it for breakfast.  

It's bigger than it looks . I usually eat 5 eggs and some sausage, I ate less than half of this thing.

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 7:55:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It's bigger than it looks . I usually eat 5 eggs and some sausage, I ate less than half of this thing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that a dinosaur egg?

Was it good?
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 8:22:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Was it good?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that a dinosaur egg?

Was it good?

Naturally salty, but very little other flavor.  A much smoother texture than chicken eggs.  I'll do it again whenever I'm home and he has a fresh egg he finds in time.

Probably the only real nutrition I've had today, lol.  It's like I'm on vacation from healthy living this week.  It's awesome

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 8:37:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Naturally salty, but very little other flavor.  A much smoother texture than chicken eggs.  I'll do it again whenever I'm home and he has a fresh egg he finds in time.

Probably the only real nutrition I've had today, lol.  It's like I'm on vacation from healthy living this week.  It's awesome

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that a dinosaur egg?

Was it good?

Stop bringing your unhealthy eating into the get in shape thread.

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 8:48:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Transformation thread?

What did I win?

Thanks, that's sweet.

Double no homo.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 8:49:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is why I dont bulk/cut
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 8:49:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If I had known how quickly this thread was going to go gay I'd have taken my pic in booty shorts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Transformation thread?

What did I win?

go on.....
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 8:53:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had some catching up to do.
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:14:36 PM EDT
[#39]
So, after being around 230 after college football then having shoulder and knee surgeries and 3 herniated lumbar discs, I'm now at 3 bills.

Link Posted: 12/30/2015 9:54:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So, after being around 230 after college football then having shoulder and knee surgeries and 3 herniated lumbar discs, I'm now at 3 bills.

<a href="http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/HeyCoachSmith/media/FDAFF923-3766-4592-A65B-F37853D86A5C_zpsdhqgnagg.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a588/HeyCoachSmith/FDAFF923-3766-4592-A65B-F37853D86A5C_zpsdhqgnagg.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/HeyCoachSmith/media/C98CE2A2-D799-458A-810B-A099613FB6FB_zps1z30uopm.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a588/HeyCoachSmith/C98CE2A2-D799-458A-810B-A099613FB6FB_zps1z30uopm.jpg</a>
View Quote

No offense coach, but you'd better be hoping to win two or three of those back, belly and bicep shavers!  

I guess I'd better shut up and post my pics pretty soon, you guys need a bald chest to appreciate, lol.

I
Link Posted: 12/30/2015 10:41:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

No offense coach, but you'd better be hoping to win two or three of those back, belly and bicep shavers!  

I guess I'd better shut up and post my pics pretty soon, you guys need a bald chest to appreciate, lol.

I
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/HeyCoachSmith/media/FDAFF923-3766-4592-A65B-F37853D86A5C_zpsdhqgnagg.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a588/HeyCoachSmith/FDAFF923-3766-4592-A65B-F37853D86A5C_zpsdhqgnagg.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/HeyCoachSmith/media/C98CE2A2-D799-458A-810B-A099613FB6FB_zps1z30uopm.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a588/HeyCoachSmith/C98CE2A2-D799-458A-810B-A099613FB6FB_zps1z30uopm.jpg</a>

I

I did say get the eye bleach ready.

I had a motor development class in college that required we teach kids to swim. I made a gf shave what I couldn't reach before the first time we swam.

ETA: be glad I didn't take a picture of my back.

Will one of the prizes be one of those No No hair removers?
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 1:05:50 AM EDT
[#42]
I'll have photos coming up in a bit. I'm in all of my super bloated glory from the all you can eat taco night.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 4:47:21 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 7:34:02 AM EDT
[#44]
I should have had a before picture with no beard. Im sporting a pretty noble one right now. I dont know if I can go to march without shaving.

Or maybe just shave my stomach so you can see my abs.

Eta if you want, I have a pic of me in silkies that may show  alittle tip
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 8:22:37 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I should have had a before picture with no beard. Im sporting a pretty noble one right now. I dont know if I can go to march without shaving.

Or maybe just shave my stomach so you can see my abs.

Eta if you want, I have a pic of me in silkies that may show  alittle tip
View Quote

NO!
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#46]
holy shit..... don't know how to link FB videos but I did this shoulder routine this morning. It will smoke the shit out of you. I was solid on all of the lift except for the front raises the last 2 sets.... I did the whole set 4 times total with about 3 minutes rest in between each set.

https://www.facebook.com/derekweida/videos/1014564361935872/?theater
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 1:55:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
holy shit..... don't know how to link FB videos but I did this shoulder routine this morning. It will smoke the shit out of you. I was solid on all of the lift except for the front raises the last 2 sets.... I did the whole set 4 times total with about 3 minutes rest in between each set.

View Quote

I don't think 85#s would be enough to smoke me.
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:02:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't think so either but 1/2 way through the 2nd set it was a smoker try it out if you need to add some weight go for it I think after 4 sets you will be feeling it
Link Posted: 12/31/2015 2:08:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I didn't think so either but 1/2 way through the 2nd set it was a smoker try it out if you need to add some weight go for it I think after 4 sets you will be feeling it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll give it a shot next week. I did shoulders yesterday.

Try this one.

The Big Clean Complex
6 sets of the following Complex :
High Hang Squat Clean + Hang Squat Clean + Squat Clean + Push Press
High Hang Squat Clean + Hang Squat Clean + Squat Clean + Push Jerk
High Hang Squat Clean + Hang Squat Clean + Squat Clean + Split Jerk

One set consists of all 12 reps. Try not to drop the bar during the entire set; if you must drop after the Overhead movements, it’s allow – just be quick to get back on the bar.  Rest as needed between sets and try to increase weight after each set.

I started with 95# ended with 135#s.

Link Posted: 12/31/2015 3:02:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Try this one.

The Big Clean Complex

One set consists of all 12 reps. Try not to drop the bar during the entire set; if you must drop after the Overhead movements, it’s allow – just be quick to get back on the bar.  Rest as needed between sets and try to increase weight after each set.

https://youtu.be/gkjbjgnU2IA
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try this one.

The Big Clean Complex

https://youtu.be/gkjbjgnU2IA

I cannot clean or squat just about at all. My lower back is beyond fucked from an injury while in the army. I have some fused disc's that cause me hell. That has been the hardest part with all of this is working around my injuries I use to be in MUCH better shape that I am now but I have to modify my form on a lot of lifts and there are some I just cannot flat out do that I use to be able to unless I was to be jacked up on percoset or flexural for the next week I can dead lift just fine because I can do the pull nice and slow and controlled but anything that requires "explosive" movement like a clean forget about it.
Page / 26
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top