BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/25/2010 1:03:26 PM EDT
[#1]
free 30 day loan...hell yeah

So you send the credit card company cash to pay it off?
Link Posted: 4/25/2010 1:06:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I use checks just to piss off all the tight assed mutherfuckers who can't wait 30 seconds for anyone else.

I'm going to start using more checks now that I see it's this big of a deal to some wack jobs...

Good... I will be the guy behind you with the cell phone taking snapshots of all your info... thanks for the cash sucka!

Honestly, when's the last time you left the basement?

Link Posted: 4/25/2010 1:08:11 PM EDT
[#3]
My wife works retail. A lot of the time when a check gets rejected it is because of the scanner not being able ot read all of the numbers. All it takes is for the printing to be off by just a little bit. She has this happen all of the time. Then she just manually inputs the check information and the transactions go thru. Just depends on if you get a cashier who knows about that or cares.
Link Posted: 4/25/2010 1:14:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep credit card FTW 3% percent cash back with interest free 30 day loan.  I have a checking account but the only thing I use it for is to pay my credit card off every month online.
Link Posted: 4/25/2010 1:17:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I can write a check out as fast as you can swipe your card, especially since I will have it already filled out, except the amount. Old habits die hard.
Link Posted: 4/25/2010 1:18:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Wow the ignorance in this thread is amazing.  I write checks all the time when shopping for work.  I've only had a problem once at the grocery store when Telecheck declined me.  It was funny because I had just deposited $20,000 at the bank next door.  A quick call and it was taken care of.   I'm usually faster than the idiot that can't figure out which card isn't maxed.

I do not have a company credit card, and will not get a company credit card.  The owner is financially irresponsible and would probably bankrupt the company if we had one.  He knows how I feel and doesn't even joke about it anymore.  

Debit cards users = idiots just asking for trouble.
Link Posted: 4/25/2010 1:20:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 4/25/2010 1:23:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
use a debit card, cashiers and the people behind you, hate it when you write a check.

If I wasn't already rolling my eyes when you pulled the checkbook out, I was definitely annoyed when I now had to watch you deal with a rejected check.
Link Posted: 4/25/2010 1:23:08 PM EDT
[#9]
BTDT
Long story, but they "had my information crossed with another account"
Six months after the first snafu, they did it again.  I threatened legal action and haven't had another problem.
Save yourself some heartburn.  I could never get anything done by calling the 800 #, I finally found the corporate # in Houston
Wish I still had it, but this was many years ago.  Try Houston directory assist.
Link Posted: 4/25/2010 1:23:46 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I use checks just to piss off all the tight assed mutherfuckers who can't wait 30 seconds for anyone else.

I'm going to start using more checks now that I see it's this big of a deal to some wack jobs...

Oh look, "that guy".

Link Posted: 4/25/2010 1:27:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh look, "that guy".

Yep, I'm an asshole.

Link Posted: 4/25/2010 1:47:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
BTDT
Long story, but they "had my information crossed with another account"
Six months after the first snafu, they did it again.  I threatened legal action and haven't had another problem.
Save yourself some heartburn.  I could never get anything done by calling the 800 #, I finally found the corporate # in Houston
Wish I still had it, but this was many years ago.  Try Houston directory assist.

I too have had to deal with telecheck incompetence.  It got to the point that I almost drove over to their office in Houston to get it straightened out person to person.

Fucking incompetent morons.

Telecheck can go choke on a dick.
Link Posted: 4/25/2010 1:51:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/25/2010 2:00:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Use a debit card next time?

+1

Why would you use a check at the grocery store for $65?

It's easier to keep track of things.  I have carbon copies in my check book so I don't leave anything out.  I can write a check in about the same amount of time it takes to use a debit card.  It also saves the store a little money over a credit card.

ETA, I may start doing it more, just to be an ass.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2010 2:12:45 PM EDT
[#15]
How about the stupid ass-clowns at the 7-11 that buy a fucking Big Gulp or Big Bite with a fucking check, or even a CC?  You don't have $2 fucking dollars in your pocket?  If I was a 7-11 clerk and somebody passed ME a piece of paper, I'd figure it was a robbery and blow the dumb-shit's head off.
Link Posted: 4/25/2010 2:16:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Why would I do that?

Log on to the CC site and tell them to extract $x.xx from my savings account. No postage and the money never arrives late.
Link Posted: 4/25/2010 2:18:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
How about the stupid ass-clowns at the 7-11 that buy a fucking Big Gulp or Big Bite with a fucking check, or even a CC?  You don't have $2 fucking dollars in your pocket?  If I was a 7-11 clerk and somebody passed ME a piece of paper, I'd figure it was a robbery and blow the dumb-shit's head off.

I do that because I carry zero cash on me at all times.  My checkin/saving is through a credit union 4 states away from me and my pay check gets direct deposited to them.  I dont have a debit card through them and even if I did I wouldnt use it at an ATM because the credit union has no ATM and im not paying any fees to withdraw money at another banks ATM.  So If you do business with me its either with a check or CC mostly CC cause my check book stays at home and its been atleast a year since ive even wrote a check, I pay all my bills online.
Link Posted: 4/25/2010 2:31:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do that because I carry zero cash on me at all times.  My checkin/saving is through a credit union 4 states away from me and my pay check gets direct deposited to them.  I dont have a debit card through them and even if I did I wouldnt use it at an ATM because the credit union has no ATM and im not paying any fees to withdraw money at another banks ATM.  So If you do business with me its either with a check or CC mostly CC cause my check book stays at home and its been atleast a year since ive even wrote a check, I pay all my bills online.

If you ever need a smaller amount of cash, do this. Go to a store that does cash back and buy a packet of kool aid for 10 cents or something else. There are no atms around me for my bank and very rarely do I need cash but when I do this is how I do it. 15 cent fee is better than the 2 bucks at another banks atm.

Link Posted: 4/25/2010 2:54:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would I do that?

Log on to the CC site and tell them to extract $x.xx from my savings account. No postage and the money never arrives late.

It's like we're living in the future ain't it?

I pay all my bills online.  It takes me about 30 seconds once a month to pay Mortgage, CC, Cable, and Energy.  I just blew the dust off my checkbook and it looks like I've written a grand total of 4 checks over the past year.

Link Posted: 4/25/2010 2:58:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

People still write checks at the grocery store?

sadly i am always behind those slow idiots too and they always looked pissed when the cashier asks for their ID.

Link Posted: 4/25/2010 3:15:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/25/2010 3:22:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Use a debit card next time?

Was going to say! I think I've only see someone write an actual paper check once in the past year, using a debit card is soo much more convenient and easier to balance than a checkbook.
Link Posted: 4/25/2010 3:26:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Illinois had more banks fail this week, look for more and more of the same. Cash is never refused
Link Posted: 4/25/2010 3:31:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/25/2010 4:55:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I tell the cashiers in my store to take a hard look at anyone under 40 who wants to write a check.  It cracks me up when some 22 year old whips out a checkbook.  Now, some old folks just can't adjust, but since the float period is gone, there is just no reason.  Telecheck and the store know nothing about your account.  Some mistake just put you on the bad list.  The stores usually can't override a "do not accept."  Join our brave new world of debit cards.  It was awesome when the float went away.  Stores that took thousands of dollars in checks, mostly in the latter part of the month, went down to just $50-$90.

The float period is not gone. Walmart processes checks electronically, sure, but it still takes 2-3 days after I write a check for it to hit my account(based on the couple times I couldn't avoid writing a check because I was waiting for a replacement debit card). I only write checks at small businesses which process checks by taking them to the bank though. Places like local gas stations or one-town grocery stores. When I pay by check there the check goes ion the cash drawer and makes its way to the bank, where once it's processed I can VIEW A COPY and verify that I wrote that check. When the check goes electronically the check goes home with the writer. If the cashier did not check ID(the only state I've been in where ID check seemed the norm was South Dakota) the check goes through just fine. No copy of it posted on my account other than a transaction number. I have nothing to look at to see if it was a stolen check or if I'm wrong when I question it.

Another problem with debit cards is the daily limit they put on "for the customer's protection". My card has a $200 cash withdrawal limit and a $250 POS purchase limit. Same with my wife's. two different banks. Neither one will raise or remove that limit-again, "for our protection". So if I haven't kept enough cash out of my account and I find a good deal on a large ticket item(like the Contender I bought at the last gunshow), I'm SOL if the seller does not accept checks.
Link Posted: 4/25/2010 4:57:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
use a debit card, cashiers and the people behind you, hate it when you write a check.

One more good reason to write checks. I'm an asshole!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top