2-2
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

2-1 now

It's almost like I'm a wizard or something.

2-2

Good.
Link Posted: 2/9/2014 9:56:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Top of the league, having a laugh

Link Posted: 2/9/2014 2:10:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/11/2014 3:03:56 PM EDT
[#5]
WBA 1 -  Chelsea 1.  

The door's open for the Gunners to reclaim the lead if they can regroup and beat ManU at the Emirates tomorrow night.

ETA:  Guess not.
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 5:45:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh, you Blues, you make me crazy.  A last gasp victory.  Another draw - at home, no less - could have been fatal to your title hopes.
Link Posted: 2/22/2014 7:27:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 9:49:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Suarez goal and assist.

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 9:53:20 AM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 10:00:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Damn Suarez is dangerous
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 6:34:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Newcastle United fine manager Alan Pardew £100,000 and give him a formal warning for headbutting Hull midfielder David Meyler.

that little stunt just cost him US$167,000 from his own club -- and the FA punishment is coming next, probably with a 10 match ban.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 8:23:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Newcastle United fine manager Alan Pardew £100,000 and give him a formal warning for headbutting Hull midfielder David Meyler.

that little stunt just cost him US$167,000 from his own club -- and the FA punishment is coming next, probably with a 10 match ban.

ar-jedi

View All Quotes
Quoted:

ar-jedi

Fucking stupid
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 9:49:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Fucking stupid
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ar-jedi

Fucking stupid

Did this guy coach at Ohio State?
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 9:51:17 AM EDT
[#14]
10 games to overcome a four point defecit...
Link Posted: 3/2/2014 7:45:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
10 games to overcome a four point defecit...
View Quote

We can do it just by winning the games we are supposed to win instead of losing or drawing against relegation level teams.  YNWA!
Link Posted: 3/11/2014 4:46:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 2:56:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Zigger Zagger

Link Posted: 3/15/2014 9:06:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Wow -  incredible last minute of stoppage time goal for Everton.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 2:15:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Villa 1 Chelsea 0

Willian, Ramires and Mourinho all sent off.  The race will tighten right back up if Liverpool and Arsenal can win today.
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 7:17:30 AM EDT
[#20]
So......
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 7:48:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
So......
View Quote

First soccer game I have actually seen blood during.  Two goals and a flying elbow that drew blood for Gerrard.

Link Posted: 3/16/2014 9:43:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So......
View Quote

Yeah

Still gotta watch the replay after work
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 9:43:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yeah

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So......

Yeah

COYS
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 9:59:32 AM EDT
[#24]
How many Gunners we got in here?
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 10:03:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

COYG
Link Posted: 3/16/2014 10:05:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

COYG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

COYG

Link Posted: 3/16/2014 1:14:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good result today.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 11:14:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Good result today.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good result today.

Link Posted: 3/17/2014 12:31:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good result today.

yeah, but...  

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/moyes-being-man-utd-manager-is-harder-than-i-ever-imagined.1395053812?utm_source=www.heraldscotland.com&utm_medium=RSS%20Feed&utm_campaign=Scottish%20Premier%20League%20News

Monday 17 March 2014

David Moyes admits being Manchester United manager is harder than he ever imagined.

Moyes' dismal debut season sank to a new low on Sunday when Liverpool eased to a 3-0 win at Old Trafford.

There was nothing fortuitous about Liverpool's first win at United's famous home stadium in five years.

In fact, United were lucky to get away without being given a really good hiding.

Other than a 1-0 win against Arsenal, United have not won a game against any of the top nine sides in the Barclays Premier League.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 3/17/2014 1:17:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

First soccer game I have actually seen blood during.  Two goals and a flying elbow that drew blood for Gerrard.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So......

about a year ago i was watching ManCity v Arsenal, and City left back Pablo Zabaleta got caught in a defensive corner kick melee.  by the time he sat up and the cameras were on him, the blood was streaming over his eye, down his cheek and off his chin, originating from the deep 1" long gash over his eye socket.  the team doctor came over, looked at the opening, pressed a cloth to his head, and spoke into the radio.  they took him straight down the tunnel for some stiches/staples, leaving City without a left fullback for the 10 minutes remaining before halftime.

aside, handsomely paid City striker Mario Ballotelli was having his usual sulk of a game, generally pissed off at the referee, the linesmen, his teammates, his opponents, the grass, the rain, etc, and having nothing to show for it.  his body language said everything you ever needed to know about him.  

meanwhile, City captain Yaya Toure, recognizing the immediate problem with the one-man-short defensive unit, points a finger at right midfielder James Milner and then points to Zabaleta's left fullback position.  Milner gives his skipper an assured "thumbs up" with a nod and trudges over the other side of the field, where speedy/tricky Arsenal forward Theo Walcott is awaiting restart after the injury to Zabaleta.  at the time i was thinking that Milner was thinking, "this is just great, this is just fucking great, now i have to deal with this guy..."

the game restarts and just moments later there's a 50/50 ball between Milner and Walcott, and Milner goes "all in" -- a true defender's tackle meant to send a message along with clearing the ball into row F.  after that, all business, no fuss, no muss, Milner looked like he would sign up for the job that Toure temporarily gave him any day of the week, to simply be on the field.  no complaints, and instead a "let's just get on with it" type mentality.

the half ends without any more scoring despite Arsenal's man advantage.  

after the break Zabaleta reappears back on the pitch, sporting a half dozen stitches and a head bandage, and Milner reacquaints himself with his usual right midfield duties.  Ballotelli has been substituted and is now busy sulking on the end of bench instead of the field.

as play resumed i realized, as did everyone else, that utilitarian James Milner was more important to the club than mega-priced Mario Ballotelli .  

poof, months later...

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 3/19/2014 7:33:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Can't believe the season is nearing the end.....

Oh well. we do have the World Cup to keep us company this summer.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 5:22:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Blue is the color...
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 5:26:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Lol at the Gooners
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 8:19:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Damn. Chelsea had their way with Arsenal.

Link Posted: 3/22/2014 9:14:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Cardiff City was missing in action after half time, just like a Boeing 777  

And Cardiff even scored three goals and were ahead twice.

Link Posted: 3/22/2014 9:28:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Had their way in a Ghengis Khan kind of way...That was fun to watch.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 9:31:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 12:51:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

it is beyond comprehension how Wenger can make the same mistake twice in one month.  first, he visits Anfield without starting a true holding midfielder, Arsenal get annihilated by Liverpool 5:1, and then he visits Stamford Bridge weeks later and MAKES EXACTLY THE SAME MISTAKE and Arsenal get bludgeoned by Chelsea 6:0.  

hey, Arsene, i'm just some guy on the internet but when you play against teams that attack up the middle (City, Liverpool, Chelski, etc) you are going to have to do better than leave the back four exposed all the time, without any DM cover.  and by that i really mean the two centerbacks, because 2 v 2 at this level is very much welcomed by the offense.  it doesn't matter whether it's Sturridge and Suarez, or Hazard and Shurrle, no matter what the pairing at the back you are going to come out of on the wrong end of it.  

"i'll bring Flamini on at halftime after we are down 0:4, that will fix things" -- signed, A. Wenger.

NEWS FLASH: Arteta is not a holding midfielder.

i know that Arsenal would like to play a clever. up-tempo, offensive passing game -- this is The Way for the last 10 years.  but, when you show up at Anfield or Stamford Bridge, where the home teams haven't exactly lost a lot of games (in the case of the Blues it has been like 75 or so) and have scored a shedload of goals, you might want to think about a plan B.  and that plan B has to involve a dedicated defensive midfielder AND revolve around not giving the ball away in the middle of the field.  that just creates a race to your goal, and you can see how that worked out today.  

ar-jedi
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 1:08:25 PM EDT
[#39]
City have a 6 pt deficit, three games in hand, and a +10 GD over Chelsea if City were to slip up against either United or Liverpool. Away games remaining at United, Arsenal, and Liverpool.

Liverpool, as hot a team as there is, have both City and Chelsea at Anfield down the stretch.

Chelsea, atop the table, is still in the Champions League, and must rotate and rest the squad accordingly.  The GD vs Liverpool and City, and the huge match later v Liverpool loom large.

It's going to be a fantastic finish.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 1:20:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It's going to be a fantastic finish.
View Quote

Yes it is.  My memory might be off because I'm less interested when Liverpool isn't in the mix, but I can't remember the last time it's been this close with this many teams still in the race so late in the season.
Link Posted: 3/22/2014 11:59:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 1:38:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Not that it made a particle of difference in the result, but it was pretty weird when the refs sent off Gibbs instead of Oxlade-Chamberlain for the hand ball.  You'd think at that level that mistake wouldn't be made.  They do have numbers on their shirts.

Do all black guys look alike to Andre Marriner - "Let's see, Sagna has the golden cornrows, but those other two, which is which?"
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 2:22:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Not that it made a particle of difference in the result, but it was pretty weird when the refs sent off Gibbs instead of Oxlade-Chamberlain for the hand ball.  You'd think at that level that mistake wouldn't be made.  They do have numbers on their shirts.

Do all black guys look alike to Andre Marriner - "Let's see, Sagna has the golden cornrows, but those other two, which is which?"
View Quote

I think the Assistant Ref has some culpability here also.  It appears he either called the infraction or was confirming it for the center and should have made sure of the number/name of the offending party.  I never did see if the AR signaled an offence with a flag wave.

Verify ball out of play in your peripherial vision, focus on player who committed fouls while on ground, get number for center and report.  Come on pitch if you have to.

Overall, right call, wrong player sent off, and a crew who will spend a week or two down in the Championship as a result.

It will be interestig to see what kind of reception Andre Marriner gets the next time he is at the Emeriates.
Link Posted: 3/23/2014 4:54:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

it is beyond comprehension how Wenger can make the same mistake twice in one month.  first, he visits Anfield without starting a true holding midfielder, Arsenal get annihilated by Liverpool 5:1, and then he visits Stamford Bridge weeks later and MAKES EXACTLY THE SAME MISTAKE and Arsenal get bludgeoned by Chelsea 6:0.  

hey, Arsene, i'm just some guy on the internet but when you play against teams that attack up the middle (City, Liverpool, Chelski, etc) you are going to have to do better than leave the back four exposed all the time, without any DM cover.  and by that i really mean the two centerbacks, because 2 v 2 at this level is very much welcomed by the offense.  it doesn't matter whether it's Sturridge and Suarez, or Hazard and Shurrle, no matter what the pairing at the back you are going to come out of on the wrong end of it.  

"i'll bring Flamini on at halftime after we are down 0:4, that will fix things" -- signed, A. Wenger.

i know that Arsenal would like to play a clever, up-tempo, offensive passing game -- this is The Way for the last 10 years.  but, when you show up at Anfield or Stamford Bridge, where the home teams haven't exactly lost a lot of games (in the case of the Blues it has been like 75 or so) and have scored a shedload of goals, you might want to think about a plan B.  and that plan B has to involve a dedicated defensive midfielder AND revolve around not giving the ball away in the middle of the field.  that just creates a race to your goal, and you can see how that worked out today.  

ar-jedi
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i know that Arsenal would like to play a clever, up-tempo, offensive passing game -- this is The Way for the last 10 years.  but, when you show up at Anfield or Stamford Bridge, where the home teams haven't exactly lost a lot of games (in the case of the Blues it has been like 75 or so) and have scored a shedload of goals, you might want to think about a plan B.  and that plan B has to involve a dedicated defensive midfielder AND revolve around not giving the ball away in the middle of the field.  that just creates a race to your goal, and you can see how that worked out today.  

ar-jedi

OK which of you is also a writer for the BBC?  stealing my stuff, eh?  

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26705642   <<<-----  23 March 2014

What the pundits said about Wenger's tactics against Chelsea

"He should have brought Mathieu Flamini on to add to his defence after the red card, but he waited until half-time," said former Chelsea and Scotland winger Pat Nevin. "Look at the man in the other dugout. If things are going very wrong for Jose Mourinho's team he will change it after just 20 minutes.

Former Arsenal midfielder Stewart Robson told BBC Sport that the Gunners performance was "embarrassing". "It was obvious two years ago that Mikel Arteta was too slow," Robson added. "You cannot play him as a holding player and expect to beat the best teams. Flamini was a better bet."

Frank McLintock, an FA Cup and title winner with Arsenal in 1971, told BBC Radio 5 live's Sportsweek: "For the first goal two Arsenal players were stretched between three Chelsea players and I thought 'where are the full backs'? Bacary Sagna was particularly guilty - always bombing forward - he is very often 25 yards as if he's a right winger and I don't think you can play like that."

Can Wenger still inspire Arsenal to win the title?

"They've no chance," added Robson. "They've shown again when pressure is put on them by big teams that they are not tactically or physically up for it."

"In the last few weeks it looks as though they have run out of fuel and energy," said former Manchester United goalkeeper Peter Schmeichel on MOTD2 Extra. "Arsenal don't have a Plan B or a Plan C."

ar-jedi  

Link Posted: 3/24/2014 4:00:21 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 3/24/2014 7:14:38 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

That was annoying as Hell!
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 7:39:14 PM EDT
[#47]
On leave this week.

I'll get to watch the game while the kiddo is in school
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 1:31:18 PM EDT
[#48]
A much slower game than I was expecting
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 4:11:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
A much slower game than I was expecting
View Quote

this is what happens when you have one eye on the weekend (Spurs), and the other eye on the following-following weekend (City).

and Gerrard on 9 yellows.  grrrr.  

as it stands, if he gets carded against Spurs or West Ham he could miss one or both (!) of the Chelsea/City games.  

there was a good case for taking a "tactical" yellow during the Sunderland game, and missing Tot'num and West Ham, but guaranteeing Chelsea and City.

that opportunity is gone now.  it's a big risk.  

as the defensive "shield" in front of Liverpool's back four (wait, they have a back four?) he has picked up more cards this year.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 3/29/2014 4:06:45 PM EDT
[#50]
That Chelsea game....

Page / 23
Top Top