BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 6:54:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Typical arfcom retarded comments. You disagree with someone so they're suddenly a liberal plant.

Where did I say "most" gun owners are idiots? There are enough of them that I don't see that they need to be carrying on a plane. Thousands of flights per day in the US, how many have needed a gun? We can point to 9/11/01. Over 13 years ago but those flights were half empty and the odds of having someone with a CWP are pretty slim.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Exactly.

I smell Liberal Derp... Did someone step in something?

I love it when people argue the blatant liberal scare tactics of "Most Gun owners are idiots", while being Gun owners themselves... Hypocrites gotta Hypocrite.

"I want Laws for other people but not myself to protect me from them."

& Sparky, you still haven't answered my question, but that's OK. I now see you can't rationalize it properly due to a mental blockage of some sort.

Typical arfcom retarded comments. You disagree with someone so they're suddenly a liberal plant.

Where did I say "most" gun owners are idiots? There are enough of them that I don't see that they need to be carrying on a plane. Thousands of flights per day in the US, how many have needed a gun? We can point to 9/11/01. Over 13 years ago but those flights were half empty and the odds of having someone with a CWP are pretty slim.

I never said you were a plant...I simply implied what you were putting out wreaked of it. As in you stepped in it & were smearing it in the carpet. Way to over compensate, though.

An individual that has passed State & Federal BGC's, as well as completed firearms training of some sort, in order to carry a concealed weapon is beyond my assertion of being idiots or not worthy of my trust in regards to their right to carry a weapon regardless of it being a plane, a park, the street, even a Bar at midnight. 2nd amendment & all that.

I revert back to my prior statement, Freedom is threatened when... Well, You get the idea.

Oh, & you just used another lib tactic the good 'Ol "How often do you really need to have a firearm? Circumstances arise so few of times that it just isn't needed & you are just Fearful." When it is the fear of others that is actually being pandered.

I will use the affirmative response of preparedness; Do I carry a tow rope, Jumper cables & a spare tire because I am scared? No I carry them in my car because I want to be prepared in the event I may need them or someone else may need my assistance.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 6:59:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Before you edited, you stated that 3,000 people died on 9/11. Not sure where you were going with that. Very few were on the planes and could have made a difference.
View Quote

I seem to remember the passengers of Flight 93, armed only with a rolling cart and their fists, putting a stop to their aircraft being used as a weapon.

No difference, you say?

Perhaps, had they been at less of a disadvantage, they would have saved the plane too.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:10:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
A liberal plant? You think I've been here for 10 years just waiting to act? LMFAO,
View Quote

Wouldn't be the first time on this site.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are a liberal plant. The alternative is less flattering.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:13:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are a liberal plant. The alternative is less flattering.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A liberal plant? You think I've been here for 10 years just waiting to act? LMFAO,

And what alternative is that big guy?

You're sounding like all the other morons on this site "I don't agree with you, you're a LIBERAL!!"
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:17:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You're sounding like all the other morons on this site "I don't agree with you, you're a LIBERAL!!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Every argument you have made in this thread is an absolute parroting of the liberal anti-gun talking points from the last century.

Your voice speaks for itself. My conclusion is not required for others to form their opinion.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:20:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Every argument you have made in this thread is an absolute parroting of the liberal anti-gun talking points from the last century.

Your voice speaks for itself. My conclusion is not required for others to form their opinion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry if I can look at numbers and realize if there's truly a threat or not.

In your lifetime, there's been billions of people on commercial flights in the US (there's 1.73 million people per day). How many of them would have benefited from having an armed neckbeard on the plane? I apologize if I can extrapolate the numbers and not live in fear.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:23:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Because before TSA you could easily bring guns on an airplane.

thats why the 9-11 hijackers used box cutters.

Whole fucking premise is retarded, just like the TSA.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:24:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Retarded? Are you aware the TSA was created as a result of 9/11?

No shortage of derp here
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:25:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

In your lifetime, there's been billions of people on commercial flights in the US (there's 1.73 million people per day). How many of them would have benefited from having an armed neckbeard on the plane? I apologize if I can extrapolate the numbers and not live in fear.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just keep right on parroting those anti-gun lines. Way to prove you aren't a liberal plant.

The option of carrying a gun is the opposite of living in fear.

What is it about people having guns that scares you so bad?

Why is it you have such disdain for those who carry guns?

I'll let the morning crew handle your inevitable parroting of the Brady Campaign boilerplate.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:28:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Just keep right on parroting those anti-gun lines. Way to prove you aren't a liberal plant.

The option of carrying a gun is the opposite of living in fear.

What is it about people having guns that scares you so bad?

Why is it you have such disdain for those who carry guns?

I'll let the morning crew handle your inevitable parroting of the Brady Campaign boilerplate.
View Quote

There you go with the liberal plant bullshit. I've never once voted for a Democrat.

People carrying guns around doesn't scare me at all.

Some retarded neckbeard with a gun in an aluminum tube at 35,000 feet? That should cause concern for anyone with some common sense.

Couple times a week you see someone on here talking about the retards at the gun range. Sure, put em in close proximity with 200 other people in a flying tube.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:28:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's amazing how effective the false dichotomy is.

Everything about passenger screening should be up to the airlines. That's the obvious Constitutional answer, and it is obviously a working solution.

Most airlines would have requirements similar to what the TSA hamfistedly attempts to enforce with questionable authority. There might be a few exceptions... What do you know, the free market can manage itself in these affairs... Shocking.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:31:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

No shortage of derp here
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shortage of derp here

Just realized I misread that post by Sylvan
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:31:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No shortage of derp here
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shortage of derp here

OK, you are just slow, not stupid.

the point being, you couldn't get guns on the plane BEFORE 9-11.  AKA before TSA.

TSA seizing guns like some justification of existence is retarded, just like they are.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:32:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Some retarded neckbeard with a gun in an aluminum tube at 35,000 feet? That should cause concern for anyone with some common sense.
View Quote

Common sense... Just think of the children.

You're one of those guys who thinks a bullet will make a plane spontaneously explode, aren't you?

Public transportation is used daily across the United States. Please provide links to the obvious plethora of legally carried guns causing damage to buses... You should be able to, if it's such an obvious problem. Unless you're argument is based on fallacy, of course.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:33:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

the point being, you couldn't get guns on the plane BEFORE 9-11.  AKA before TSA.

TSA seizing guns like some justification of existence is retarded, just like they are.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shortage of derp here

For the most part, this thread has mainly been about whether people should be allowed to carry guns on a plane, with or without the TSA.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:34:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You're one of those guys who thinks a bullet will make a plane spontaneously explode, aren't you?
View Quote

And you have no idea what I do for a living to make such a claim. Guess you aren't all knowing..............
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:36:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

For the most part, this thread has mainly been about whether people should be allowed to carry guns on a plane, with or without the TSA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shortage of derp here

No, this thread is about if it should be the government, under questionable authority, deciding what is "allowed" or not.

I am a proponent of the lawful carrying of arms, literally anywhere. However, it is the right of the airlines to place requirements for entry onto their property and using their services. These airlines, as private entities, may establish agreements on this subject with each other and airports as required.

See how easy that is?

You, however, seem to have great disdain for gun owners and those who carry in general, and the obvious solution is government control, laws and bans.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:37:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

And you have no idea what I do for a living to make such a claim. Guess you aren't all knowing..............
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh look, he quietly hints that he is an Air Marshall, hut hut hut.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:38:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

No, this thread is about if it should be the government, under questionable authority, deciding what is "allowed" or not.

I am a proponent of the lawful carrying of arms, literally anywhere. However, it is the right of the airlines to place requirements for entry onto their property and using their services. These airlines, as private entities, may establish agreements on this subject with each other and airports as required.

See how easy that is?

You, however, seem to have great disdain for gun owners and those who carry in general, and the obvious solution is government control, laws and bans.
View Quote

There you go with further assumptions. But hey, you know what they say about "assume"
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:39:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

There you go with further assumptions. But hey, you know what they say about "assume"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

See how easy that is?

Your statements in this thread are difficult to interpret any other way.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:40:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again "assume"

An air marshal? LMAO, that's funny. Nope my ass stays right here on the ground here for the most part.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:40:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No shortage of derp here

I have no problem with it, because the biggest safety mechanism created was the armored door to the cockpit.  Guns on trains?  Guns on buses?  Guns in malls?  What made a plane different is that before 911 you could turn the plane into a weapon.  Now you pretty much can't do that even with a gun.

Anyone who wants to can get a gun on a plane, just bribe the ground crew.  the only thing the TSA does is harrass innocent people and collect a government pension (while now being union members)

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:44:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I have no problem with it, because the biggest safety mechanism created was the armored door to the cockpit.  
View Quote

False sense of security
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:44:48 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

False sense of security
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have no problem with it, because the biggest safety mechanism created was the armored door to the cockpit.  

False sense of security

I thought you said this thread wasn't about TSA.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:45:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

False sense of security

You have a false sense of security relying on an "armored" door
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 7:54:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

False sense of security

not when the pilots are armed, and especially if CCWs were carrying.

Everyone knows that if a plane gets hijacked now, you are dead unless you stop the hijacker.

To put it simply, in deference to you, bad guys can get guns on planes now if they wanted to.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:02:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I wonder how many of those were confiscated from Gov't employees.
View Quote

My former Congressman was busted for a Glock in his carryon at Louisville, KY.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:25:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I wonder how many guns the TSA misses each day.
View Quote

This.

850 million air trips.

What percentage of those regularly carry? Lets be conservative and say 5%? That's 42.5 mill trips by people that regularly carry.

If 1/10th of a percent of those people are stupid, don't know that you can't bring a firearm in unchecked baggage or simply forget then that's 116 a day....
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:29:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Everyone knows that if a plane gets hijacked now, you are dead unless you stop the hijacker.

To put it simply, in deference to you, bad guys can get guns on planes now if they wanted to.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

False sense of security

And they've always been able to.

There's been Billions of people on planes in our lifetime in this country alone. There will be 1.73 million today. How many have needed a gun to protect themselves?

Some people choose to compare it to riding the city bus armed. The average city bus rider can't afford the airfare and usually aren't the most upstanding citizens. One more reason I avoid public transit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:47:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The exact same number as would benefit from the TSA.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:57:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Evidently the TSA folks wants to seize those items, and sell them on Ebay for extra income.   Name brand knives are sold individually and junk is sold by the pound.  

Just go over to Ebay and search for words like TSA knives, or NTSA knives.  

www.ebay.com/itm/NTSA-LOT-OF-120-MIXED-BRANDS-AND-TYPES-OF-POCKET-KNIVES-19-POUNDS-/381134145311

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RANDOM-Mixed-20lb-Lot-of-TSA-Seized-non-brand-Knives-Multitools-Corkscrews-/191470891096

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:22:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I travel every other week on a plane and I say good.  I have seen people hollar about their rights when they get wanded and seen the idiots who believe its their right to get on a plane with anything they want.  How stupid do you have to be to think you can get on a plane with a gun these days.  I know that some people forget they have a gun in their carry on, but there are a lot of people who try and bring weapons on a plane.   I say good.
View Quote

If you don't know you have a loaded gun in your carry on, then you have lost track of your weapon and are therefore careless.  It's a shame and not everyone should be charged, but get it back and walk away?  TSA or not, no.

ETA: Forgotten guns like this are worse than writing letters to the ATF.  I'd like to see the law changed so I don't have to check my piece.  Too many issues with luggage security/theft.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:09:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Firearms brought into a checkpoint are confiscated by the police assigned to that airport. After the gun and the owner are checked through NCIC, the FBI agent who is assigned to deal with incidents at the airport is contacted by the airport police. Once it's determined that  the passenger wasn't purposefully trying to get the gun through security, which is usually the case, the owner of the gun is released and the firearm is booked into the police property room. The gun is released back to the owner at a later time and the owner will receive a fine from the govt. up to $11,000, but usually is around 2-3K.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:18:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I got a call Monday from our airport security personnel that TSA had a guy w/ a loaded mag on his person in security.  Drove clear across town to get to the airport to handle what they should have done in The first place.

"Sir, is this your Glock 19 mag?"
Yes sir
"Why is it here (in the airport)"
I forgot it was in my bag.  I have my CCW in the checked baggage.  
"Where are you going?"
Las Vegas, Im going to SHOT.  
"OK (then to TSA guy) what do yall normally do with this?"
(TSA) You can charge him with it, confiscate it, or give it to him to take to secure in car.
"Ok.  I like the car idea.  I will escort him to his car"
Have you run a Criminal history check on him?
"No.  There is no need to "

Walked with the guy back to his car, shot the shit about using the 19 for CCW, and made friends with a guy who does gunsmithing here for SAS work
CSB TLDR- I was nice to a guy who forgot property on him.
View Quote

You sir, are WAY too smart to get hired by the TSA.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 2:21:23 PM EDT
[#35]
I felt safer with Grandpa, Grandma and the Haitians manning the xray machines
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 5:39:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

There's been Billions of people on planes in our lifetime in this country alone. There will be 1.73 million today. How many have needed a gun to protect themselves?

Some people choose to compare it to riding the city bus armed. The average city bus rider can't afford the airfare and usually aren't the most upstanding citizens. One more reason I avoid public transit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
False sense of security

So... You are arguing that the sort of passengers who fly are higher quality than the passengers who ride city busses...

And passengers who ride city busses legally carrying haven't been a problem...

So why would the higher quality passengers on a plane suddenly be a problem?
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 5:41:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

So... You are arguing that the sort of passengers who fly are higher quality than the passengers who ride city busses...

And passengers who ride city busses legally carrying haven't been a problem...

So why would the higher quality passengers on a plane suddenly be a problem?
View Quote

stratospheric psychosis.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 8:03:27 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I travel every other week on a plane and I say good.  I have seen people hollar about their rights when they get wanded and seen the idiots who believe its their right to get on a plane with anything they want.  How stupid do you have to be to think you can get on a plane with a gun these days.  I know that some people forget they have a gun in their carry on, but there are a lot of people who try and bring weapons on a plane.   I say good.
View Quote

Bless your little heart.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 7:54:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I hate the TSA and the big hobnailed government boot they stand for, but at least you could try to not make shit up.

it makes you look
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder what they do with them.  I think they sell the knives they confiscate on ebay.

The organization allows individual tsa agents free willy nilly to all confiscated goods that are not illegal in nature (prohibited in air travel is different than illegal)
F_-_ TSA Goons

I hate the TSA and the big hobnailed government boot they stand for, but at least you could try to not make shit up.

it makes you look

The GED anti-terrorism legion is rife with corruption and theft. Fuck em all
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top