Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:58:19 AM EDT
[#1]
ROFLCOPTER TIME!!!!

I'm sending this to Rush, Sean and Neal. THis shit is too rich to hog it for myself.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:58:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:59:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
anyone want to start a pool on how long it takes for these guys to be brought up on UCMJ charges for insubordination to a US congressman.

Probably something along the lines of "go ahead, make my day" going through their minds at that thought.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:59:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You actually believe that bullshit?  Wow  Have you watched the video of him delivering his little gem of a joke?  There is no way you can get any other message than what every sane person has understood.  

Ask a bunch of teenagers what they think when they hear it.  Most don't give two shits about politics, and they all understood perfectly what he said.

Yeah, I do believe it, because he is right. Bush went to Iraq with a lot of assumptions about how the war was going to go and none of it lived up to his expectations, and here we are years later with the results.

as usual to your posts.

Your ignorance garners no sympathy here.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:59:13 AM EDT
[#5]
what's rong wit da spealing???
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:00:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How many threads do we need on the topic, and has anyone bothered to tell them the comment wasn't directed at THEM?

Yeah, nice try there, pal.

Kerry meant what he said and said what he meant.

Nice fuckin' try.

John
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:02:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quick, someone with a throwaway DU troll account, post it over there and tell us about the impending meltdown.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:02:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
How many threads do we need on the topic, and has anyone bothered to tell them the comment wasn't directed at THEM?

Doesn't it suck that the leader of your party leaves it to party faithful to have to defend his actions rather than he man-up and do the right thing?

Other Democratic Sens and Reps are demanding an apology, how about you?

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:03:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You don't actually BUY Kerry's explanation, do you?

Say it ain't so.

Actually I do, because it makes sense in the way he said it was meant to be taken without requiring a stretch of the imagination..basically, that we ( Bush, actually ) didn't do our ( his ) homework ahead of time and we ( Bush ) wind up with what we have now in Iraq....not that if you don't do your homework ins chool you wind up in the military serving in Iraq, which is how conservatives have spun it to mean.

Keep the bullshit coming there, TC!  We are all too stupid to understand what Kerry really meant, so now you're giving us a lesson in how to understand the high and mighty speak of ivy league grabastic piece of amphibian shit Kerry.

Yeah, fuckin' right.

John
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:04:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Awesome
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:04:40 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
OK, I just sent the picture to Drudge. Keep your fingers crossed.

YESSS !!!

www.drudgereport.com/
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:04:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Keep the bullshit coming there, TC!  We are all too stupid to understand what Kerry really meant, so now you're giving us a lesson in how to understand the high and mighty speak of ivy league grabastic piece of amphibian shit Kerry.

Yeah, fuckin' right.

John

You just want to believe what you want to believe.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:05:42 AM EDT
[#13]
On Drudge now!
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:05:57 AM EDT
[#14]
It's on Drudge now.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:06:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Apparently, the troops in Iraq took what Kerry said personnaly. That photo is a classic.

Even if Kerry wasn't a Democrat he would still be an ignorant jack-off.

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:07:10 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You actually believe that bullshit?  Wow  Have you watched the video of him delivering his little gem of a joke?  There is no way you can get any other message than what every sane person has understood.  

Ask a bunch of teenagers what they think when they hear it.  Most don't give two shits about politics, and they all understood perfectly what he said.

Yeah, I do believe it, because he is right. Bush went to Iraq with a lot of assumptions about how the war was going to go and none of it lived up to his expectations, and here we are years later with the results.

Way to dance around the topic.   How does any of what you stated make those comments mean any different from, "our troops are stupid".   You can spin it/try to move the topic to something else any way you would like, but the rest of the world got that message, from what Kerry said.  Anything else, means you are just sticking your head in the sand and pretending it didn't happen.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:07:20 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, fuckin' right.

John

Go back to DU, TC.  This wasn't something that was up for interpretation.  It was a plain and clearly understandable statement.

DRUDGE HAS THE PIC UP!!!

John
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:08:27 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You don't actually BUY Kerry's explanation, do you?

Say it ain't so.

tc556guy's a smart fella, but he comes on here parroting the dem's talking points a bit too often for me to take him very seriously.  

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:09:09 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
anyone want to start a pool on how long it takes for these guys to be brought up on UCMJ charges for insubordination to a US congressman.

That would start a shit storm.

it's happened for less.

Conduct unbecoming of a member of the armed forces, insubordination, publicly mocking an elected official while in uniform representing the US military.

i hate to say it but i bet within 30 days this causes they poor folks some serious grief.

What do suppose the Army will do, cut off their hair and send them to Iraq ?

//Just kidding my first thought was, " I hope they are covering their name tapes."
Pretty ballsy/risky move on their part.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:09:21 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Yeah, Bush was wrong when he said that the war in Iraq would not be easy and would take a lot of time, and require the American people's patience.

The problem with people like you is that you buy into the media's propoganda that all we are accomplishing in Iraq is to kill American soldiers.  They were orgasming when we reached 100 dead soldiers last month, but never mentioned what has actually been happening in Iraq, or how much we are accomplishing, or how wonderful things are there compared to several years ago.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:09:47 AM EDT
[#21]
I LOVE IT!!!

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:10:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:11:08 AM EDT
[#23]
on Drudge already - damn that's funny!!

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:11:24 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
[
Yeah, Bush was wrong when he said that the war in Iraq would not be easy and would take a lot of time, and require the American people's patience.

He actually said that LATER when he realized it wasn't going to be a cakewalk. A little too late.

The problem with people like you is that you buy into the media's propoganda that all we are accomplishing in Iraq is to kill American soldiers.  The media never reports the actual NEWS - what we are getting done in Iraq.

I've spoken to enough guys who were there to know that stuff doesn't get reported. I also recognize that Bush essentially thought he'd have a cakewalk not much harder than his dad had in GW1, and it wasn't meant to be.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:13:17 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

it's happened for less.

Conduct unbecoming of a member of the armed forces, insubordination, publicly mocking an elected official while in uniform representing the US military.

i hate to say it but i bet within 30 days this causes they poor folks some serious grief.

//Just kidding my first thought was, " I hope they are covering their name tapes."

I see some senior NCOs and officers who don't seem to care that posing in this picture might end any future chances for promotion.  That should tell us how much that statement pissed off the military.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:13:22 AM EDT
[#26]
The ASV's are awesome.  The 89th MP brigade on Ft Hood got them right after 9/11.  Think of them as a mini-Stryker.  They are QUIET.  Make about as much noise as my pickup.

For a month after they got them the unit just drove them around Ft Hood 8 hours a day.  Sort of a "this is a FRIENDLY vehicle, please do not shoot" sort of deal.  The gun system is fantastic and accurate.  

As for the guys getting into trouble, I see one LT and a Major as well as senior NCO's in there. I doubt they'll get much. Their Commander probably approved. What are they going to do to them?  Send them to Iraq?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:14:35 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Are you saying we shouldn't trust our cognitive abilities to interpret what we heard him say?  Did you see the video of him saying it?  If so, there is no way to interpret it as being directed at Bush.  You know, the Bush in Washington, DC, who is more highly educated than John Effing Kerry.  The Bush who isn't in Iraq.  

It would take quite a bit of effort to construe his statements into meaning President Bush. Way more effort than it would take to simply understand what he really said: Troops=dumb
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:15:16 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
[

He actually said that LATER when he realized it wasn't going to be a cakewalk. A little too late.

Has Bush EVER insinuated that the war would be easy and finished in a few years?  Can you give me one quote?

He said it wouldn't be easy from the beginning.  I'd like to see a timeline with relevant quotes to prove me wrong.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:17:05 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I hope they don't get in too much ANY trouble over that.

I'm sure somebody's ass is gonna wind-up in the wringer over that stunt.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:18:14 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
[

Has Bush EVER insinuated that the war would be easy and finished in a few years?  Can you give me one quote?

He said it wouldn't be easy from the beginning.  I'd like to see a timeline with relevant quotes to prove me wrong.

don't feed the troll, and yes, in this case, TC, you are a troll.   The topic is not about Bush, (exactly what TC wants it to be)but about John Efffin skerry, and what a shit stain he is on our country.  Proven by what he said about people defending this country.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:18:52 AM EDT
[#31]
GOD BLESS THEM ALL.  I HOPE THEY ALL COME HOME SAFE IN ONE PIECE.  Whenever I see the pictures of our troops (I don't care what branch they are from), I can't help but be filled with pride and becoming teary eyed.  Too bad I am such a fuck up and physically (medically) unfit to sign up and join them over there.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL, OUR BELOVED TROOPS.

Oh, and John Kerry: a big FUCK YOU, you scum bucket douchebag!  I hope you and your ilks will rot in hell for eternity!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:19:55 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

No, sorry..I may not have timelines to show you, but I clearly recall that he didn't start in on that "it'll take  awhile" talk until well after all of the "mission accomplished" spin where we were supposed to be in and out, all expenses of the war would be repaid to the US public via oil sales, etc... you DO recall that  phase of pitching the war to the American public, right?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:20:04 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, fuckin' right.

John

Lets see what the liberals believe:

Yup.   They have utter contempt for the servicemen.

The meme that our armed forces are only poor and dumb is something the libs have been pratting on about since Vietnam.   It wasn't true then (even with a draft), and its certainly not true now.   But the libs are stuck on stupid and they really hate the military and all it stands for.

I showed the picture in the opening post of this thread to the resident libtard in my office and her response was:

"They're just too dumb to get the joke he was trying to make."

You just can't make that shit up.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:21:46 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
www.620wtmj.com/images/uploaded/Help%20Photo20061101105508.JPG

http://www.620wtmj.com/_content/talk/charliesykes/index.asp

Good pic of the M-1117 ASV.  The company I work for makes the armor for them.

Erik
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:23:30 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Damn.

One is forced to wonder if some COs are going to have some "conversations" with those folks....
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:24:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Consider the audience, a bunch of commie-lib college students in Kalifornia. Kerry's comment was most definately aimed at the troops.

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:24:31 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
How many threads do we need on the topic,

As many as are necessary.

and has anyone bothered to tell them the comment wasn't directed at THEM?

Are you alleging that they are too stupid to figure out what Kerry said?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:25:20 AM EDT
[#38]
A remake of an old Nixon era joke which was to trash Henry Kissenger.

I like it better this way.

John Kerry, a Priest and a Gulf War vet are on a small aircraft.  Through a freak accident the aircraft is hit with falling debris and the pilot and co-pilot are killed.  The aircraft is on auto pilot, but the controls are damaged.  There is no way to safely land. There are two parachutes in the aircraft.

John Kerry grabs one and tells the Priest and the war vet... “I am the smartest one here.  I understand what is wrong with this country.  I am the only one educated enough to fix America.  By my experience and my Ivy league education, I must be saved to one day be President.”  He puts it on, and jumps from the plane.

The Priest looks on in disbelief.  The Priest says to the war vet... “Son, I trust God to guide my life.  I go where I am sent without question.  I have faith that there is a plan, and I will do my part to see His plan is followed.  God bless America!  Son, you take the other parachute.  You have served our country with honor, and you are still needed to protect freedom and the future of America!”

The war vet speaks. “ Father, let me help you with this parachute.  Stay calm, and listen to me carefully on how to use it and how to safely land.  I have done this many times.”

The Priest steps back and protests to the vet.  “But son, I can’t do this!  You deserve the change to live!”

The vet adds... “Father now calm down, we will both survive.  The smartest man in the world grabbed my back pack.  We have both parachutes!
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:25:27 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, sorry..I may not have timelines to show you, but I clearly recall that he didn't start in on that "it'll take  awhile" talk until well after all of the "mission accomplished" spin where we were supposed to be in and out, all expenses of the war would be repaid to the US public via oil sales, etc... you DO recall that  phase of pitching the war to the American public, right?

We invaded Baghdad and toppled Saddam's regime.  The mission was accomplished.  Then on to the next mission.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:25:28 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Riiight... So if he said "If you don't do good in school you'll end up posting on ar15.com" would you find that insulting?  
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:27:54 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

it's happened for less.

I see some senior NCOs and officers who don't seem to care that posing in this picture might end any future chances for promotion.  That should tell us how much that statement pissed off the military.

I also see name tapes and bumper numbers onthe veh's....

If the ARMY wants to pull any shit, it wont be much on this one.

Like said above, What are they going to do send them to IRAK?

I say good on them, next time I will even buy them the paint.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:27:58 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Riiight... So if he said "If you don't do good in school you'll end up posting on ar15.com" would you find that insulting?  

Well, as far as tc556guy is concerned, that would be an accurate statement.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:27:59 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

We invaded Baghdad and toppled Saddam's regime.  The mission was accomplished.  Then on to the next mission.

Its ALL ONE mission. The mission hasn't ended, and it didn't end as quick as he thought it would. Remember when they thought that the Iraqi people would run into the streets with open arms, greet us as liberators and joyfully go about setting up a democratic government and that we'd be out within a year? Yup. THAT happened, didn't it?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:28:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Red Bull, 34th Ifanty Division. Thats the Minnesota / Iowa / SD National Guard. I wore that patch proudly for a few years.  

Aviator
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:28:32 AM EDT
[#45]
You guys better be careful. If Kerry sees this thread and his feelings get all butt-hurt, I see another purple heart in his future.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:29:25 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I wonder  how many ARFCOMMERS can spell any better?  

any.

better.

What do I win?
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:31:30 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
It would take quite a bit of effort to construe his statements into meaning President Bush. Way more effort than it would take to simply understand what he really said: Troops=dumb

....Which is the lie they came up with in Vietnam that I STILL hear on a daily basis.

Listen up folks: Liberals do not like the military. They never have. They never will.

They have always loathed the institution of the military and have done all sorts of stupid crap to try and undermine it. Remember all those cuts in the 90s? And then the stupid bastards have the audacity to complain that US troops are stretched "too thin" and that there ought to be more boots on the ground in Iraq?

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:31:34 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

More.

Much like Kerry supported the war before he opposed it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:31:53 AM EDT
[#49]
C'mon guys.  There's a logical explanation for all of this.  I'm sure that Mr. Kerry was FOR our troops being smart before he was AGAINST it ...  

What a dumbass.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 9:32:05 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
OK, I just sent the picture to Drudge. Keep your fingers crossed.

Posting that pic on ARF is cool, but I wouldn't want to see it on Drudge. National exposure like that could get someones ass in a sling...

Just my opinion.

-k
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top