Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 1:50:22 AM EDT
[#1]
The idea of free will.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 1:53:40 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

3. We evolved from apes (the modern ones, like Harambe).
Proof we need evolutionary sciences in schools. No, we did not evolve from apes, no evolutionary scientist claims we did either. We evolved separately from a common ancestor from some apes. Apes are like your retarded cousin, Kevin, who shit himself in 5th grade science class and is 15 years older than you. Your only connection to Kevin is you both have a common relative...you didn't come from Kevin (unless he fucked your mom after the shitting thing).
View Quote

eh that one is just wrong

We ARE apes.  The common ancestor we all came from would be identified as an ape as well.   Apes have existed for 10 million years and human-like apes have existed for about 5 million, IIRC.

We didn't evolve from chimps, gorillas, or orangutans;  who are the only extant great apes other than humans.   We did evolve from apes though.  

The mistake people make is saying stupid shit like "if we evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys".   Saying we evolved from apes is a fact.  

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 2:04:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I argue number one

The term loose is measured as the ability reproduce the same force or in this case friction during sex. Not the size of the hoohah while you can have a rubber band return the the same size time and time again it's ability to apply the same force will diminish over time. Same goes to a hoohah ages its ability to feel the same will diminish over time. Either way send any woman my way for further testing.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 2:09:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Another Myth: Oil comes from dead Dinosaurs.
View Quote

That one is pretty obvious since dinosaurs didn't exist
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 2:17:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Another Myth: Oil comes from dead Dinosaurs.

Even if they did, a few thousand years won't make them into oil.

I'm amazed at the things we still don't know about the earth.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 2:28:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Dinosaurs didn't exist?

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 2:35:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Divorce threads usually bring these two out.

1) Talk to all the best lawyers in town about your divorce and then they won't be able to take your spouse as a client.

2) Sell your valuables to a trusted friend for a ridiculously low amount. Then once the divorce is finalized buy said valuable back from said trusted friend for same ridiculously low amount.

View Quote

It amazes me that people think those work and repeat them. They must be the dopes who click those ads "this one INSANE trick will make you rich/strong/pretty"

To add, on the same theme: "Don't live with your gf for 7 years, or else yer common law married!"
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 2:43:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Dinosaurs didn't exist?

View Quote

Not like you're taught in school.

Large beasts walked the earth with man just a few thousand years ago.

Have you learned nothing here?
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 4:18:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dinosaurs didn't exist?

I've learned that idiocy and trolls intentionally shitting is an actual thing here.

I've also learned that people here hate guns, specifically, other peoples choices. Fits with the above quite well.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 6:55:22 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Bill Murray is not funny.
View Quote
not a myth anymore.

he used to be funny, though.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 8:36:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've learned that idiocy and trolls intentionally shitting is an actual thing here.

I've also learned that people here hate guns, specifically, other peoples choices. Fits with the above quite well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dinosaurs didn't exist?

Triggered.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 8:39:24 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
We ARE apes.  The common ancestor we all came from would be identified as an ape as well.   Apes have existed for 10 million years and human-like apes have existed for about 5 million, IIRC.
We didn't evolve from chimps, gorillas, or orangutans;  who are the only extant great apes other than humans.   We did evolve from apes though.  

The mistake people make is saying stupid shit like "if we evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys".   Saying we evolved from apes is a fact.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Proof we need evolutionary sciences in schools. No, we did not evolve from apes, no evolutionary scientist claims we did either. We evolved separately from a common ancestor from some apes. Apes are like your retarded cousin, Kevin, who shit himself in 5th grade science class and is 15 years older than you. Your only connection to Kevin is you both have a common relative...you didn't come from Kevin (unless he fucked your mom after the shitting thing).

For the 5th time in this thread, that we're apes is implied in the cousin argument, I even qualified that the myth is about coming from modern apes.

I know we're apes. I never said we weren't.

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 8:39:58 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I argue number one

The term loose is measured as the ability reproduce the same force or in this case friction during sex. Not the size of the hoohah while you can have a rubber band return the the same size time and time again it's ability to apply the same force will diminish over time. Same goes to a hoohah ages its ability to feel the same will diminish over time. Either way send any woman my way for further testing.
View Quote

You're making a different argument, and changing the terms of the myth (now saying that things wear out over time, and muscles weaken....well no shit). The myth is that a woman gets loose from too many dicks. Which is wrong.

Feel free to consult the medical community, at large.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 9:17:57 AM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
We need to stop having kids because of overpopulation...

This was an interesting theory which was popular back 50 years ago. And, 50 years ago, someone could look at the data and it at least appeared to be accurate.

Today the data tells another story. In the developed world, birthrates are below replacement levels. And, in most third world countries, birthrates are rapidly falling to replacement levels as well.

Citation(s)?

I should point out that this is common knowledge these days. However...

From Wikipedia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_overpopulation

According to the United Nations' World Population Prospects report:[57]
The world population is currently growing by approximately 74 million people per year. Current United Nations predictions estimate that the world population will reach 9.0 billion around 2050, assuming a decrease in average fertility rate from 2.5 down to 2.0.[58][59]

Almost all growth will take place in the less developed regions, where today's 5.3 billion population of underdeveloped countries is expected to increase to 7.8 billion in 2050. By contrast, the population of the more developed regions will remain mostly unchanged, at 1.2 billion. An exception is the United States population, which is expected to increase by 44% from 2008 to 2050.[60]

In 2000–2005, the average world fertility was 2.65 children per woman, about half the level in 1950–1955 (5 children per woman). In the medium variant, global fertility is projected to decline further to 2.05 children per woman.

During 2005–2050, nine countries are expected to account for half of the world's projected population increase: India, Pakistan, Nigeria, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Bangladesh, Uganda, United States, Ethiopia, and China, listed according to the size of their contribution to population growth. China would be higher still in this list were it not for its one-child policy.

Global life expectancy at birth is expected to continue rising from 65 years in 2000–2005 to 75 years in 2045–2050. In the more developed regions, the projection is to 82 years by 2050. Among the least developed countries, where life expectancy today is just under 50 years, it is expected to increase to 66 years by 2045–2050.

The population of 51 countries or areas is expected to be lower in 2050 than in 2005.

During 2005–2050, the net number of international migrants to more developed regions is projected to be 98 million. Because deaths are projected to exceed births in the more developed regions by 73 million during 2005–2050, population growth in those regions will largely be due to international migration.

In 2000–2005, net migration in 28 countries either prevented population decline or doubled at least the contribution of natural increase (births minus deaths) to population growth.

Birth rates are now falling in a small percentage of developing countries, while the actual populations in many developed countries would fall without immigration.[58]

Then there's this...

https://overpopulationisamyth.com/

And this...

http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/future_tense/2013/01/world_population_may_actually_start_declining_not_exploding.html

And this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA5BM7CE5-8

You stated that in "most third world countries, birth rates are rapidly falling to replacement levels".  Yet your first cite it clearly contradicts that: "Birth rates are now falling in a small percentage of developing countries..."
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:04:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

What about a short 5-ish? She swears size doesn't matter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think anyone actually believes #1. It's just used when a poster wants to be a sneering little bitch.

Coming from someone that claims she needs at least 9", it's kinda funny.

dude... where the hell did you get that from? 9" is way too big. 6-7" is perfect.

What about a short 5-ish? She swears size doesn't matter.

Idk what to tell you there, bud.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:22:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Tattoos are the devil.
- it's really just stupid to pretend that is some limiting factor in ones life.
View Quote

They can be limiting in some careers depending on where you have them. Mine limited my career a bit and would definitely severely limit me now if I wanted to go back to work, hence the title under my screen name.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:30:35 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Duh only answer is duh hurr-furr Glock hurr durr.

No it isn't. There are numerous answers to this that are not Glocks, all based on subjective factors.
View Quote
You're the guy who uttered the equally idiotic phrase "Glock 19 is never the answer".
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:33:56 AM EDT
[#18]
1 Vaginas and anuses (anii?) can be stretched out. There's a reason some women can fit two hands up there and others have to work at getting a normal sized member, home. So, there's some truth to "loose ones and tight ones". Same as any other muscle or set of muscles in the body. Some people can put their feet behind their head. Some can't touch their toes.

2 Poison ivy/oak/sumac can be spread after the plant oil is cleaned off, IF it has gone systemic. That means the fluid in the blisters actually can spread the irritation. That's coming from a dermatologist. I am one of the lucky ones who has had it systemically more than once and it ain't fun.

3 Oil turning black. I suppose if it had enough particulate in suspension it could cause problems. Other that that, oil in a pressurized engine works more like hydraulic fluid than a strict lubricant. So, I'll buy that the color is not directly telling on its ability to do its job.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:34:08 AM EDT
[#19]
I was amazed at how many people believe that venous blood is blue and turns red when exposed to oxygen.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:35:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
BTW, if you know you've been exposed to it (and are susceptible to rashes), you have about an hour or maybe 2 to get it off your skin...Dawn or anything that breaks oils down will neutralize it.

View Quote

Educate yourself - soap is only half of it:  https://youtu.be/4oyoDRHpQK0
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:38:38 AM EDT
[#21]
When women live together their menses syncs up.

The study that led to this conclusion years ago was completely fubar.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:41:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
BTW, if you know you've been exposed to it (and are susceptible to rashes), you have about an hour or maybe 2 to get it off your skin...Dawn or anything that breaks oils down will neutralize it.

I've had good luck with Dawn. But it's correct that you don't have very long before it's too late, depending on how sensitive you are. Use cool water, too, so you don't open your pores.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:46:33 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

dude... where the hell did you get that from? 9" is way too big. 6-7" is perfect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think anyone actually believes #1. It's just used when a poster wants to be a sneering little bitch.

I thought it was you that had mentioned something like that a while back. Could have swore it was you. I just remember thinking, "Wow. I'd be a real disappointment to that gal." ... Still think that.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:49:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can bears smell the menstruation?
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:52:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you hear that? Bears!
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:53:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Fire doesn't melt steel?
View Quote

Of course not. Jews do.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:54:29 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

In the last couple weeks, I saw all three of these in GD.

1. The vagina gets wider the more sex a woman has. "Loose" women myth.

Fellas, it's elastic and controlled by muscles....it's like a rubber band, not a hole in a wet cardboard box. Fucking it repeatedly will not wreck it. BTW, in general when women are tense or not into it, it doesn't tend to be as "open"...so if you're banging nothing but really tight women, I got some bad news for you. It should be easy to get into there, you're probably ugly or bad at it. Sorry.

Your mouth is a somewhat similar muscle/tissue, how big does your mouth get from deep-throating a bunch of hoagies? Snaps right back to it's normal size every time, right? And, when someone tries to stuff their footlong into it, it'll clam up, right? Ok, we understand each other.

2. Poison Ivy/Sumac spreads if you mess with the rash or touch other people.

It's kind of partially true, but only while the urushiol (the powdery-oil that's on the leaf that causes the rash) is still fresh on your skin. Once it's on you, everywhere you touch that area to will transfer a tiny bit to a new location (in a smaller amount, which takes a while longer to absorb into the skin). So, initial strong areas break out first, then the other areas that you touched afterward....so it seems to "spread", but it doesn't. Once you wash it off, you can't spread anything. The blisters do not contain the oils...the upper skin is reacting to the absorption deeper down.

BTW, if you know you've been exposed to it (and are susceptible to rashes), you have about an hour or maybe 2 to get it off your skin...Dawn or anything that breaks oils down will neutralize it. Bleach is a terrible thing to use, however, it can cause secondary infections and reactions on your skin worse than Ivy. If you scrub it with Zanfel or a similar product early enough in the infection, it'll drastically reduce breakout or even knock it completely out.

View Quote

4. Oil turned black in the car, time to change it.

Color means nothing except that the oil is doing its job. It's supposed to suspend those carbon deposits and contaminants (rather than having them stick to the motor)...and when the oil is done cannot be determined by visual inspection. Or smelling it. Or rubbing it on your dick. If you wanna know when your oil is done? Send off a sample to Blackstone and find out. 9 times out of 10, it's not even close to done when it's turned black.

Feel free to add your own stupid myths commonly believed and repeated - but explain why they're not.

Point of order; Humans ARE apes.

We do have shared ancestors with species we call "apes" now.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:10:21 AM EDT
[#28]
The absolute stupidest shit ever heard on arfcom or pretty much anywhere else has to be,

"Women don't have Adams apples"

This is the one that somehow went from elementary school playgrounds to the mainstream without one person ever doing as much as one second of research to see if it was true!

Whenever I hear this come out of someones mouth, I immediately write them off as being too stupid to warrant any further conversation.

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:14:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now you're putting the whole station in jeopardy.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:17:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like you found something to believe in and that's fine to me. But do me a favor ? Remove your Proverbs Quote from your sig line because if you believe that- Proverbs isn't for you my friend
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:17:17 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

According to a National Park study, if they can, they don't care.

http://www.livescience.com/22688-myth-bears-attack-menstruating-women.html

And yeah, I figured you were quoting a show.

Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:21:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

6-7" long, or 6-7" wide?
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:26:56 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Sounds like you found something to believe in and that's fine to me. But do me a favor ? Remove your Proverbs Quote from your sig line because if you believe that- Proverbs isn't for you my friend
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nonsense. Belief in evolution is hardly anti-Christian.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:31:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not to mention the fact that the hubris it takes to tell someone what they can and can't believe is.....impressive.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:31:47 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is a favorite pastime of many Christians to tell other Christians that they're not Christian over small matters of interpretation and doctrine.

Not that they're notably different from many other faiths, in that.  Hell, political leanings and even recreational interests tend to the same kinds of behavior.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:32:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Send oil sample to treadstone!
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:33:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Probably been said in 4 pages, but I didn't read.

Pit bulls are inherently evil, regardless of owner responsibility.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 11:36:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
In the last couple weeks, I saw all three of these in GD.

1. The vagina gets wider the more sex a woman has. "Loose" women myth.

Fellas, it's elastic and controlled by muscles....it's like a rubber band, not a hole in a wet cardboard box. Fucking it repeatedly will not wreck it. BTW, in general when women are tense or not into it, it doesn't tend to be as "open"...so if you're banging nothing but really tight women, I got some bad news for you. It should be easy to get into there, you're probably ugly or bad at it. Sorry.

Your mouth is a somewhat similar muscle/tissue, how big does your mouth get from deep-throating a bunch of hoagies? Snaps right back to it's normal size every time, right? And, when someone tries to stuff their footlong into it, it'll clam up, right? Ok, we understand each other.

2. Poison Ivy/Sumac spreads if you mess with the rash or touch other people.

It's kind of partially true, but only while the urushiol (the powdery-oil that's on the leaf that causes the rash) is still fresh on your skin. Once it's on you, everywhere you touch that area to will transfer a tiny bit to a new location (in a smaller amount, which takes a while longer to absorb into the skin). So, initial strong areas break out first, then the other areas that you touched afterward....so it seems to "spread", but it doesn't. Once you wash it off, you can't spread anything. The blisters do not contain the oils...the upper skin is reacting to the absorption deeper down.

BTW, if you know you've been exposed to it (and are susceptible to rashes), you have about an hour or maybe 2 to get it off your skin...Dawn or anything that breaks oils down will neutralize it. Bleach is a terrible thing to use, however, it can cause secondary infections and reactions on your skin worse than Ivy. If you scrub it with Zanfel or a similar product early enough in the infection, it'll drastically reduce breakout or even knock it completely out.

4. Oil turned black in the car, time to change it.

Color means nothing except that the oil is doing its job. It's supposed to suspend those carbon deposits and contaminants (rather than having them stick to the motor)...and when the oil is done cannot be determined by visual inspection. Or smelling it. Or rubbing it on your dick. If you wanna know when your oil is done? Send off a sample to Blackstone and find out. 9 times out of 10, it's not even close to done when it's turned black.

Feel free to add your own stupid myths commonly believed and repeated - but explain why they're not.

View Quote

Oh, I disagree.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:12:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Heard a program with a bear biologist. He said that the native tribes in the Alaskan area (what we used to call Eskimo) were allowed to hunt whales. When they bring one on-shore and begin to clean it, the biologists could see where bears 90 miles away downwind would suddenly start moving towards the whale kill. They calculated bears sense of smell to be in the parts per trillion range.

Another way of phrasing it; if they put a teaspoon of salt in an Olympic sized pool, the bear could detect between a salted pool and an unsalted pool.
So I'd say: Yes. If they are downwind, bears could detect if women were 'flowing'.

But go ask a bear biologist.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:36:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure how you can see out of that eye.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:38:14 PM EDT
[#41]
OP #1: You've never looked at Tumblr, have you?
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:43:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
How about:

4. That praying accomplishes literally anything
View Quote

Myth #5

Atheists dont care what you believe in.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:48:03 PM EDT
[#43]
I've had people in GD argue that the Pyramids of Giza were built by slaves, especially Jewish slaves.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:58:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I've had people in GD argue that the Pyramids of Giza were built by slaves, especially Jewish slaves.
View Quote

Uh. I'm pretty sure the Jews did this.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:59:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope. The Pyramids weren't built by slaves, and they were built before the Jews ever came to Egypt.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:59:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I thought it was you that had mentioned something like that a while back. Could have swore it was you. I just remember thinking, "Wow. I'd be a real disappointment to that gal." ... Still think that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, considering I have only seen one that big in person once and it scared the daylights out of me, pretty sure it wasn't me. I have, on multiple occasions, said 7" is damn perfect. Anything more than that isn't gonna have anywhere to go.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 1:08:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That's my favorite one.

I always like to remind the "It was about State's Rights!!!" guys of the Fugitive Slave Act - enacted on the Federal level to force free states to return runaway slaves, in opposition to their own state laws.

State's Rights indeed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Civil War wasn't about slavery Lost Cause bullshit myth.

That's my favorite one.

I always like to remind the "It was about State's Rights!!!" guys of the Fugitive Slave Act - enacted on the Federal level to force free states to return runaway slaves, in opposition to their own state laws.

State's Rights indeed.

There were slaves in the North let us not forget. U.S. Grant owned slaves for a while after R.E. Lee freed his. Much more to the whole thing than slavery and states rights.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 1:09:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Nope. The Pyramids weren't built by slaves, and they were built before the Jews ever came to Egypt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I cannot help you sir.

I must spend way too much time here.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 1:09:17 PM EDT
[#49]
The "Romney in a landslide" thing that pops up in every poll thread needs to go away. The polls clearly predicted Obama would win, and he did win. The only landslide talk was wishful thinking by the politically ignorant.
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 1:13:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

AhHA!  Another myth emerges.

You don't see out of your eyes, you see into them.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top