BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:46:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The Feds can de-schedule it without Congress.
View Quote

Technically the power rests with the Attorney General.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:46:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Well I'm a taxpayer and I pay my taxes to protect my family from shit stain drug dealers rumrunners, drug hustlers bootleggers, etc. So far as I'm concerned the government hasn't met their quotas for some time. More in prison, deported or in the cemetery, I don't care so long as they never ever come close to my children.Those that object to that are clearly on the wrong side.
View Quote

We had the same arguments almost a century ago. How'd that work out for us again? Oh yeah, violence in the streets, an erosion of citizens' rights in the name of public safety, criminal organizations making money hand over fist to supply a demand amongst otherwise law-abiding citizens, corruption among government officials, and an overall lack of John Q. Public's respect for law and order.

Thank the Maker we learned our lesson. We won't make that mistake again.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:49:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:51:43 PM EDT
[#4]
When you can easily get drugs inside of a super max prison, how would you ever stop drug use in this country?

If the AG does have control of re-scheduling he should step up and re-schedule CBD oils. Would be another good Fuck You to the Obama admin and it helps children...how can GD hate that?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:52:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I commented in another thread about Mexico that if Trump legalized marijuana, but only if grown in the US would have huge tax benefits for the US and huge monetary losses for Mexico.
View Quote

That would be another win for MAGA while giving Mexico a FU.  Haha love it
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:53:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

And it is irrelevant to this discussion anyways.  The potential for tax evasion should not even be considered when determining whether or not something should be legal.  First off, commerce doesn't exist for the purpose of generating tax revenue.  Second off, any goods that can be sold under the table could also be made illegal using this argument.  Third, you are going to get far greater tax compliance from legal dispensaries with something to lose than you could ever dream of getting from a drug cartel.

It's a completely ridiculous argument.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
<strong>Quoted:</strong>
<strong>Quoted:</strong>
These are all cash businesses correct?

Probably quite a bit of federal tax evasion going on as well.

Many would absolutely love to be able to take cards but the banks can't/won't do business with them.

You would be surprised at the level of sophistication that goes into tracking it from seed to sale here in WA. Any cannabis that was grown legally cannot just simply disappear, they will want to know where it went and if you would like to keep your license and facility running you better have an answer.

And it is irrelevant to this discussion anyways.  The potential for tax evasion should not even be considered when determining whether or not something should be legal.  First off, commerce doesn't exist for the purpose of generating tax revenue.  Second off, any goods that can be sold under the table could also be made illegal using this argument.  Third, you are going to get far greater tax compliance from legal dispensaries with something to lose than you could ever dream of getting from a drug cartel.

It's a completely ridiculous argument.

I think you missed his point. It wasn't about taxation, but rather about accountability. Both Washington and Oregon had to work with the feds when setting up the regulations. One of the issues was making sure that it wouldn't become a conduit for cartels. The seed to sale accountability resolves that issue. Yes, there is taxation and part of the taxes are earmarked for enforcement, inspections, certification, and substance abuse programs. They even provide for small amounts for personal use to be grown without tracking as long as it's not for sale. Doesn't mean the black market doesn't exist, just makes it much less lucrative.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 4:59:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Marijuana should be governed by the  states. Feds have bigger things to worry about.
View Quote
Just like the 2nd right? 

States are making a stance against an illegal substance but making once legal guns illegal and nobody gives a shit, fuck off smoke your shit and enjoy your stupid high. 

Losers 
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:02:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just like the 2nd right? 

States are making a stance against an illegal substance but making once legal guns illegal and nobody gives a shit, fuck off smoke your shit and enjoy your stupid high. 

Losers 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Marijuana should be governed by the  states. Feds have bigger things to worry about.
Just like the 2nd right? 

Losers 
GD likes to pick and choose which laws are state and which laws are federal, nothing new 
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:05:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Trump is wrong on this issue.

I'm still holding out hope that this is posturing. It wouldn't be at all unlike him to feint one direction, cause a shitstorm, then use the fallout as justification for something else.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:08:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just like the 2nd right? 

Losers 
View Quote

Us gun owners in CA give a shit, I assure you.

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:09:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Trump is wrong on this issue.

I'm still holding out hope that this is posturing. It wouldn't be at all unlike him to feint one direction, cause a shitstorm, then use the fallout as justification for something else.
View Quote

To the best of my knowledge, Trump hasn't personally said anything different from his states rights remarks.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:10:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
These are all cash businesses correct?

Probably quite a bit of federal tax evasion going on as well.
View Quote

In CO the suppliers are literally paying more than top dollar for warehouse space and then build actual vaults in them to house the money all the while hiring armed security.  It is effecting my job (Transportation and warehousing) as it has driven warehouse and labor costs up through the roof.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:16:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just like the 2nd right? 

Losers 
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just like the 2nd right? 

Losers 

Guns were specifically stated in the BoR as something necessary for the security of the nation.  It is one of the (if not the) biggest piece of the foundation of the Republic.  

Marijuana is a plant that is used similar to alcohol and tobacco in recreational use, with alleged medical use.  No where is it stated on any BoR, or any ammendment for that matter.  

Can you not see an argument that maybe it should be a state issue, especially if you look at the 10th ammendment (another foundational piece of the Republic).
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:17:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:23:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Personally, I don't care either way on this issue...but if your are driven to become politically active in order to gain access to a substance,to get high, your life must be fairly sad and empty.
View Quote
I like the idea that it's less than convenient to obtain.

The Feds easing restrictions will make accessible to all
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:26:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:27:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Guns were specifically stated in the BoR as something necessary for the security of the nation.  It is one of the (if not the) biggest piece of the foundation of the Republic.  

Marijuana is a plant that is used similar to alcohol and tobacco in recreational use, with alleged medical use.  No where is it stated on any BoR, or any ammendment for that matter.  

Can you not see an argument that maybe it should be a state issue, especially if you look at the 10th ammendment (another foundational piece of the Republic).
View Quote

"10th Amendment? Never heard of it. Nut there's these thing we'd like to sell you called "the Supremacy" "Necessary" and "Commerce" clauses that are all the rage."
---SCOTUS
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:32:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:35:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Well I'm a taxpayer and I pay my taxes to protect my family from shit stain drug dealers, drug hustlers, etc. So far as I'm concerned the government hasn't met their quotas for some time. More in prison, deported or in the cemetery, I don't care so long as they never ever come close to my children.Those that object to that are clearly on the wrong side.
View Quote

I'm a tax payer as well.
I'd rather not have my taxes go to useless endeavors
The United States incarcerates more people per capita than any country in the world.
Bastion of Freedom my aching ass.
I value freedom for everyone above your children.
It's YOUR responsibility to raise your children to not use substances you don't approve of.
Good luck with that.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:35:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:39:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The shops in Oregon take cards.
View Quote

Only ballsy ones
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 5:52:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Only ballsy ones
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The shops in Oregon take cards.

Only ballsy ones

I've heard that one of the credit unions is doing business with the dispensaries, farmers, and labs.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 7:59:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I've heard that one of the credit unions is doing business with the dispensaries, farmers, and labs.
View Quote
I don't know what bank or CU they use, but they take credit cards.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 8:18:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Either shut it down decisively or delist it as a federally controlled substance.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 8:48:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
This
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Either shut it down decisively or delist it as a federally controlled substance.
This

Call it "The War on Drugs", and spend billions of taxpayer dollars on it. Imagine how that'll work out! Or decline to decriminalize it and encourage the cartels to use it as a funding source for hard drugs and human trafficking.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 8:50:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Now they care about states rights, freedom, and American jobs.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 8:54:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

No it shouldn't. States have bigger things to worry about than who wants to catch a buzz.  Stupidest shit ever. Get to work stimulating jobs and the economy 24/7, securing our futures, and quit peeping in people's bedroom windows, Morons.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 9:02:02 PM EDT
[#28]
I do not and have not used Marijuana. The idea we snatch your ass up and lock you in a steel cage over it is outrageous.

The man who pretends to be for federalism is going after Marijuana? Lol...how about control the border and deportation of illegal criminals.

No,  I have a better idea. Pander to a diminishing religious absolutism because they are in your age group.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 9:05:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Honest question - Which group in society is it that wants the MJ illegal?

Most the seniors were the Woodstock generation and likely don't give a fuck.

I am 40 and while I am not a smoker I don't care nor does anyone I know seem to care.

The younger folks seem to like it.

I can't figure out why there is not more legalization going on than there already is.

About the only serious downside to legalizing it I can see is possible more widespread use in public and people driving under the influence of it and how do you detect that. There is not a test like the BAC for alcohol is there?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 9:12:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

/agreed

The recreational use of marijuana was made legal here two months ago and in the 60 days since I have not ONCE smelled pot smoke meaning the people who were already smoking dope are still smoking dope and they're not living near me or in my wide circle of friends. Medical cannabis has been legal here for like 20-years so those who wanted it paid the $50 or $100 and got a license.

I am going to a rock concert tonight and fully expect their to be some legal smoking going on in the crowd outside.
View Quote
I've smelled pot at every single concert I've been too since the 90s, and it's illegal as can be here.
Legalize it and let's get the industry up and going to make money.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 9:15:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Huffpo fake news.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 9:17:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Honest question - Which group in society is it that wants the MJ illegal?

Most the seniors were the Woodstock generation and likely don't give a fuck.

I am 40 and while I am not a smoker I don't care nor does anyone I know seem to care.

The younger folks seem to like it.

I can't figure out why there is not more legalization going on than there already is.

About the only serious downside to legalizing it I can see is possible more widespread use in public and people driving under the influence of it and how do you detect that. There is not a test like the BAC for alcohol is there?
View Quote
https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxnews.com/health/2016/10/20/should-marijuana-be-legal-60-percent-americans-now-say-yes.amp.html

60% of Americans say it should be, and that's from conservative leaning polling.

http://www.cannabixtechnologies.com/thc-breathalyzer.html

THC Breathalyzer in the works.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:15:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Glad to hear that they're making inroads into accurate detection technology. My understanding is that it's basically a go-no go test now and not really a test for an intoxication level. That still doesn't change anything with regard to allowing impairment. Impaired is still impaired, regardless of the means. For those against personal responsibility, sorry, it's the person that does the deed, not the substance.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top