Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:00:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I know at least a handful of Trump voters who are saying at the very least they will not be voting for Republicans next election over this.

Old farts have a distinct talent for destroying the Republican Party just when it starts to gain steam.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:00:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Commerce Clause according to the courts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.  10th Amendment, no constitutional basis for the feds to regulate it.

Commerce Clause according to the courts.

It's funny how the democrats and so-called Republicans wrap themselves in the constitution and conveniently forget little tidbits like that which don't fit in with their illogic.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:01:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I know at least a handful of Trump voters who are saying at the very least they will not be voting for Republicans next election over this.

Old farts have a distinct talent for destroying the Republican Party just when it starts to gain steam.
View Quote

Hey, I know how they can get it back on track.  Maybe next EO on immigration can include not just lawful permanent residents but also naturalized citizens.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:01:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Either shut it down decisively or delist it as a federally controlled substance.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:02:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Pot was decriminalized in my state for anything under a half ounce, which is like a parking ticket. A guy just recently got a ticket for a roach in his ashtray ( what is left if you smoke a joint) and after paying his fine the state stepped in and took his registered AW AR15.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:04:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Or some people might believe broadly in the concept of personal freedom and individual responsibility and they might think that just because some public servant took a tax funded job they should not have much of a say in how others live.
View Quote

I have acquaintances from college that had little concern over anything political, until the notion of legalizing marijuana came into the discussion, and then they were filled with this sense of being politically active.  

My point is that with all the reasons out there to be motivated, I find it sad that getting high motivates some people to start caring about politics.  Again, I don't care one way or another on this issue...I'm all for people having the maximum amount of personal freedom and wouldn't loose a bit of sleep if pot was legalized (and this from a social conservative who doesn't smoke or drink).
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:05:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:05:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just legalize it already.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:06:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:07:15 PM EDT
[#10]
All of this tax revenue from pot, is it regular business, sales and income tax or is there another new tax specifically for pot?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:07:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It’s still “full steam ahead” for California’s recreational pot operation, says official.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/marijuana-states-sessions_us_58b380cce4b0780bac2a7468
Communities are rising up green and steeling for a “states’ rights” battle over the cultivation and sale of recreational marijuana — despite a warning about a crackdown by the federal government.

“There’s still a federal law that we need to abide by when it comes to recreational marijuana,” White House press secretary Sean Spicer said last week. “Recreational use ... is something the Department of Justice will be looking into,” he said, emphasizing: “I do believe you’ll see greater enforcement” of federal law.

Pot remains illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act, even though recreational use of marijuana has been approved in eight states and Washington, D.C. It’s legal for medical use in 30 states.

Now growers, smokers and even state officials are preparing to guard the crop across the nation. A major concern is revenue. The non-profit Tax Foundation estimates that a mature legalized marijuana industry would generate up to $28 billion in tax revenue for federal, state and local governments. Colorado raked in $70 million in taxes in 2015, exceeding expectations.

A report on jobs predicts that the legal marijuana industry in the U.S. could create more than 250,000 jobs by the year 2020, Forbes reports. That’s more than projected job gains from manufacturing, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

In Washington, the first state with Colorado to legalize recreational use of the drug, the state attorney general vowed to defy a federal crackdown.

“I will resist any efforts by the Trump administration to undermine the will of the voters in Washington state,” Ferguson told the Seattle Times.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-administration-threat-recreational-marijuana-industry-colorado/
Widespread availability is changing attitudes. Americans once opposed legal pot. But a poll this month showed 71 percent do not want the government enforcing federal laws against marijuana in states that have already legalized medical or recreational marijuana.

The issue is a tough one for Colorado’s Gov. John Hickenlooper who opposed the state’s constitutional amendment making recreational pot legal. But now that it is legal, he said he wouldn’t allow state cops to join any federal crackdown.

“If the Justice Department does aggressively begin to prosecute and try to enforce federal law in states like Colorado, where it’s in our constitution, I think that is a step backwards,” Hickenlooper said.

As pot goes mainstream, it’s creating a lot of jobs – as many as 22,000 in Colorado.

“Instead of a cartel from somewhere else some other country, we are American grown, we are American sold, and we are American consumed,” Nassau said.

“For American jobs?” Petersen asked.

“For American jobs. What more can you ask for?” Nassau said.

Pot is sold in containers meant to be childproof, and it’s not sold to anyone under 21. But those in the black market don’t have those kinds of scruples. They will sell to anyone, and that includes kids.
View Quote

Huffingtonpost huh. . .
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:07:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Pot was decriminalized in my state for anything under a half ounce, which is like a parking ticket. A guy just recently got a ticket for a roach in his ashtray ( what is left if you smoke a joint) and after paying his fine the state stepped in and took his registered AW AR15.
View Quote

That's why you don't register your guns.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:08:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Pot and abortions are really stupid reasons to lose votes
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:08:04 PM EDT
[#14]
It should be left up to the states. This is going to fuck Trump in 2020.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:08:06 PM EDT
[#15]
hey did we make it through a whole page without that clown that says he's never had as much as a drink of alcohol posting?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:08:24 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I commented in another thread about Mexico that if Trump legalized marijuana, but only if grown in the US would have huge tax benefits for the US and huge monetary losses for Mexico.
View Quote

Nobody buys mexican shit weed anymore
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:09:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
<strong>Quoted:</strong>
These are all cash businesses correct?

Probably quite a bit of federal tax evasion going on as well.

This.

What?  MJ businesses might be operating under the table?  Perhaps they would be less inclined to if they weren't running afoul of a stupid federal law.  

Oh well, just crack down on it already and give the monopoly back to the Mexican drug cartels.  I'm sure they'll be mailing a check on April 15th.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:09:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Gun ownership should be governed by the states????
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Marijuana should be governed by the  states. Feds have bigger things to worry about.

Gun ownership is pretty much laid out in the 2nd Amendment.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:11:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

2nd ammendment to the constitution

Now show me the amendment that says pot is legal and then I will agree it is a federal issue.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:13:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Delist it and move on.
View Quote

Trump and Sessions should NOT waste their time on this.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:13:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:14:05 PM EDT
[#22]
This could get really ugly.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:14:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

(1) don't smoke in your car (2) don't register your firearms - problem solved
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:16:19 PM EDT
[#24]

oh, great.. now the thread will be overrun by the tards that say that they're only drinking to enhance their evenings slightly, while all the stoners are doing it to get baked out of their minds.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:20:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:23:08 PM EDT
[#26]
We waste too much time and money on weed interdiction, just let it go into the store next to your favorite Irish Whiskey !!
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:35:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
All of this tax revenue from pot, is it regular business, sales and income tax or is there another new tax specifically for pot?
View Quote

Could be an excise tax, like they do with tobacco.  Both state and feds have their own excise tax on that.  If de listed their will definitely be one on mj.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:43:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Marijuana should be governed by the  states. Feds have bigger things to worry about.
View Quote

I agree but rule of law is far more important here as it's a slippery slope and we've been sliding down that slope for a long time now.

I say enforce the law, and put the pressure on Congress to enact legislation to put back state's rights.  The federal government has been overstepping state and individual rights for a long time now, but selective enforcement and ignoring other laws is not the correct solution.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:48:43 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm so fucking sick of the goddamn morality police. < CoC1 violation removed.  Warning issued. -- BB >

And no, I don't smoke pot or have any desire to do so. But if Trump/Sessions choose this hill to die on, I will not be voting Republican again. Ever. These fuckers will never learn. Fuck every one of them. Jesus titty-fucking Christ, this bullshit pisses me off.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 1:58:06 PM EDT
[#30]
It's either retarded way to spend political capital to appease the church lady crowd

Or

It's a cunning ploy to trick the liberals to opening up the states rights isuue.

I suspect it's the first (and if it is it's proof that the R's are fucked in the head strategy wise) but really hope it's the seccond.

To all those 'muh laws' people. I partly work with the ciminal justice system and in modern sociaty every police force sets priorities because they simply can't enforce every law some freedom hating retard in .gov comes up with. No saying that a good thing but its the current situation.

Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:04:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Now show me the amendment that says pot is legal and then I will agree it is a federal issue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's in the 10th amendment of the bill of rights.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:08:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It's either retarded way to spend political capital to appease the church lady crowd
View Quote

Agree, this is stupid.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:10:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Either shut it down decisively or delist it as a federally controlled substance.
View Quote
THIS.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:12:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Federally speaking, we have have much, much bigger issues. Leave it to the states.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:19:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Awwww look at everyone who thinks States still have Rights after the Civil War. That is what ALL the states lost during reconstruction and the power grab by the Fed that came after.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:23:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Ok Devil's Advocate a little bit here.  (Full Disclosure Pot Should never have been Schedule 1 imo)

However, where is the line?  Would cocaine be ok?  Heroin?  PCP?  Meth?  Should those be state regulated as well?

Is pot illegal because the FDA says it is or is it called out in the law specifically as being illegal?

If it's the FDA alone it seems like a simple fix, if it's congressional that would require congress to fix it.

Do we really want the bullshit we saw from Obama being done by Pres. Trump where the imperial President gets to violate their sacred oath to enforce the laws of the United States?

And even a more full disclosure, I think most drugs should be legal to take if desired in the most pure form available.    I figure a month or so after we let them take as much, as often as they want the drug problem will be reduced by 90%.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:26:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, we've tried the former for a while now without the desired result.....
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:26:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Just legalize it already.
View Quote

I agree.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:29:02 PM EDT
[#39]
All the doper TrumpHumpers are dazed and confused
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:31:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Federal government will someday legalize it then tax the crap out of it....vice tax...just like alcohol and tobacco
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:32:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

you sure about that?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:32:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Delist it and move on.
View Quote

Yep. Use resources more effectively. Cut the BS already.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:34:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Many would absolutely love to be able to take cards but the banks can't/won't do business with them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
These are all cash businesses correct?

Probably quite a bit of federal tax evasion going on as well.

Many would absolutely love to be able to take cards but the banks can't/won't do business with them.

It's only credit cards that cannot accept because they are federally insured they can take debit cards
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:34:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Bullshit. Sessions wont waste resources on that except to smack the peepees of  companies that are knowingly dealing their productions to out of staters in bulk..
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:35:56 PM EDT
[#45]
MJ is not the "hill to die on" but it's more leftist media manufactured "outrage" than anything else. They love to motivate the pot heads to go to the polls. Worked in CO.....And it looks like it's working here.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:39:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Will I plead the Tenth hold up in court?
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:41:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Trump ran on the rule of law, so I'm surprised people are surprised.  The DREAMer E.O. was carried out by differed prosecutions and ignoring laws. Repeal prohibition or prosecute, anything less is bullshit.
View Quote

The DREAMers aren't being deported, he issued an EO for Fed Agencies to ignore the law to ease Obamacare costs, isn't prosecuting Hillary, and has done fuck all to Obama's gun-related EOs. So much for rule of law.

He also campaigned on marijuana being a state issue.
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:42:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Don't we have more pressing issues to worry about?

This is real retarded

Is this the hill that we want to choose to die on? Over pot needles???
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:43:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
This.................MOTHAFUCKINGTHIS!
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 2:44:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
How bout we vote on it?
View Quote

It will drive the pot head democrats to the polls leading to a crushing defeat for the republicans.

I say legalize it so the dems cannot use it as a wedge issue. In fact tie the law into the hearing protection act and repeal of nfa.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top