Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:44:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In fact, throughout history Christianity was one of the great promoters of science, on the belief that learning about God through His creation was a worthy endeavor.  
View Quote

I would truly love to see you trying to explain that to Galileo Galilei.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:48:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

In fact, throughout history Christianity was one of the great promoters of science, on the belief that learning about God through His creation was a worthy endeavor.  

Yeah, Christianity was never a unified body acting in any predictable way. For every time they championed science (and there are instances where that's very true), you can find equal parts suppression and derision that stifled human development. When doctrine seemed to be threatened, science was not given reign to thrive or ask the big questions - see Origin of Species/monkey trials, etc.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:57:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And yet Galileo was a Christian and supported by his local Bishop.  Christianity was never just the Pope.  

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:59:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Galileo believed that the earth revolved around the sun, but he still respected scientists like the Pope and his inquisitors when they challenged him with their own theory that hot irons would burn out his eyes.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:03:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Believe in a god all you want but if someone believes the bible got it right then they are not reading the bible.  It is not the answer so keep looking for a better book to worship.  I tried and there is not one book that has all the answers and there never will be.  

By using the scientific process we are slowly figuring out how it all fits together.  I am perfectly fine with a finite life and not having the answers. I am not fine with not looking for the answers through logical processes that science has taught us.

As of now based on the direct observation using various experiments such as WMAP and COBE we have see evidence that supports the big bang theory and the age of the universe.  Edwin Hubble discovered red shift and the expanding universe that expands faster the father out we look.  These experiments support the Big Bang.  If we learn more in the future that changes what we know, GREAT!!!!  I effing LOVE science and astronomy, it speaks the truth to all of us by being self correctly and open to critical review.

Religion does not do this and never has.  

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 10:36:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Believe in a god all you want but if someone believes the bible got it right then they are not reading the bible.  It is not the answer so keep looking for a better book to worship.  I tried and there is not one book that has all the answers and there never will be.  

By using the scientific process we are slowly figuring out how it all fits together.  I am perfectly fine with a finite life and not having the answers. I am not fine with not looking for the answers through logical processes that science has taught us.

As of now based on the direct observation using various experiments such as WMAP and COBE we have see evidence that supports the big bang theory and the age of the universe.  Edwin Hubble discovered red shift and the expanding universe that expands faster the father out we look.  These experiments support the Big Bang.  If we learn more in the future that changes what we know, GREAT!!!!  I effing LOVE science and astronomy, it speaks the truth to all of us by being self correctly and open to critical review.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSRI9Nq-WjM-ZcF9J07EEOfV8vdDrs51ClveTVNjMds6RDirmQLA
View Quote

Great post.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:14:58 AM EDT
[#7]

Seems like most everyone thinks they need to know the answer.  What's wrong with "I don't know."

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:17:18 AM EDT
[#8]
God banged Andromeda. EPT was positive. 6 days later here we are.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:22:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTSRI9Nq-WjM-ZcF9J07EEOfV8vdDrs51ClveTVNjMds6RDirmQLA
View Quote

I subscribe to the big bang, it is to me the most plausible explanation.  I know I don't understand a lot of the physics. When we look out to the furthest edge of the observable universe we are seeing back in time 13 billion years, within a few hundred thousand years of the big bang itself. If the expansion were slowing, over time, wouldn't we expect the further into the past we looked the galaxies would be moving away faster?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:35:54 AM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/high_five_stephen_colbert.gif

Great post.
Only if you ignore the last several hundred years of philosophy.  

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:48:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Coram Deo

God is not bound by the limitations of time and space, for He is not subject to finitude as we are. He can see the end and the beginning, and He is the infinite ground of all reality. This does not mean we cannot distinguish the Lord from creation. He exists in all places, but He cannot be absorbed fully into His creation. And though He transcends time, He can still enter into it in order to accomplish redemption. Meditate on our Father’s infinite character today.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
For those who don't believe in God, how can something be made out of nothing? It's scientifically impossible.
For those who do believe in God, how can god come from nothing? Its logically impossible.

Coram Deo

God is not bound by the limitations of time and space, for He is not subject to finitude as we are. He can see the end and the beginning, and He is the infinite ground of all reality. This does not mean we cannot distinguish the Lord from creation. He exists in all places, but He cannot be absorbed fully into His creation. And though He transcends time, He can still enter into it in order to accomplish redemption. Meditate on our Father’s infinite character today.

You lack faith, OP. I'll pray to the Big Bang for you. Big Bang loves you, and wants you to be happy.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:01:11 AM EDT
[#12]
God set the fuse and lit the match.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 3:52:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I subscribe to the big bang, it is to me the most plausible explanation.  I know I don't understand a lot of the physics. When we look out to the furthest edge of the observable universe we are seeing back in time 13 billion years, within a few hundred thousand years of the big bang itself. If the expansion were slowing, over time, wouldn't we expect the further into the past we looked the galaxies would be moving away faster?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, Hubble's discovery was contrary to the expected slowing of the expansion of the universe due to gravity. We don't know exactly why the universe is expanding at an accelerated pace.  We have discovered dark matter and dark energy and currently we use their existence at the causal factor. We can infer their existence from the gravitational impacts they cause when viewing distant galaxies.  Dark matter causes twists and bubbles in space which warps the light and energy those distant galaxies emit. We have observed these effects with the HST. There are experiments going on right now that are trying to better understand the effects of dark energy, we just don't know exactly what is going on with it but we are trying to learn.

Hubble found through direct spectral observation that the farther galaxies he observed where shifted toward the color red, known as red shift.  Because of the finite speed of light the faster things go away from you the more the light they emit turns toward the red color. The wave length changes and stretches out.  Eventually you get past visible light and end up in wave lengths that the satalites and experiments I mentioned detect.

If you put your car radio on AM and between stations you hear static, about 1 % of that noise is the Big Bang. The farther you get from civilization then the 1% goes up.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 8:52:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

How do you know which god? And if a god or gods did it, where did they come from?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:09:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Has any other religion that was so confident talk about the coming of a Savior, have said Savior be born of a virgin, live without sin and then die... But then be resurrected and witnessed by over 500 people after resurrection and  in fulllfillment of the scriptures?  Not even close.

No other religion can claim or even come close to what Jesus did when He rose from the dead. Not one.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
God IS the universe

Countless thousands of confident religions have made that claim about countless thousands of other gods, too.

Has any other religion that was so confident talk about the coming of a Savior, have said Savior be born of a virgin, live without sin and then die... But then be resurrected and witnessed by over 500 people after resurrection and  in fulllfillment of the scriptures?  Not even close.

No other religion can claim or even come close to what Jesus did when He rose from the dead. Not one.

Yes,  the story of Christ was plagiarized.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:12:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The two are not mutually exclusive.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:15:22 AM EDT
[#17]
It boggles my mind to think how matter got into "space".  It sounds like it's always existed.  But the infinity thought of going back in time, maybe there was empty space at some point and stuff popped up like the gases and such.  Like ingredients to the cosmic soup.  

But where that soup originated from is the amazing thing to think about.  

That soup on your burner didn't put itself together.  You put it there.

So I'm thinking someone or something, probably "God", is pulling the infinite strings behind the scenes.  And I'm no religious person by any means.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:19:16 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
How do you know which god? And if a god or gods did it, where did they come from?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Always existed.  I know.  Hard to wrap around.  I just can't think of a beginning. When you were born, people existed before you.  So "God", if you will, had to always exist....there could not be a before.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:53:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Always existed.  I know.  Hard to wrap around.  I just can't think of a beginning. When you were born, people existed before you.  So "God", if you will, had to always exist....there could not be a before.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So if gods always existed, then by the same logic the singularity from which the Big Bang originated could have always existed.

We have actual, measurable, observable evidence for the Big Bang. We have nothing for Ra, or Odin, or Yahweh. So why bring mysticism into it until and unless we discover such evidence?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 9:55:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The two are not mutually exclusive.
View Quote
This, although I see more evidence for "the big bang" than I do for any diety.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 10:47:23 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

We have actual, measurable, observable evidence for the Big Bang. We have nothing for Ra, or Odin, or Yahweh. So why bring mysticism into it until and unless we discover such evidence?
View Quote
How do you gather scientific evidence of God when the first assumption science makes is that natural forces, rather than God, are the cause of observable phenomena?  One of the most basic principles of deductive logic is that you can't prove your assumptions.  

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:03:59 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
How do you gather scientific evidence of God when the first assumption science makes is that natural forces, rather than God, are the cause of observable phenomena?  One of the most basic principles of deductive logic is that you can't prove your assumptions.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the end, if there is any evidence of God, it will trump the evidence of natural forces. Science can be subject to the predisposition of a person or persons, but inevitably, observation, evidence and facts win the day. It really doesn't matter if "science" (meaning people) assumes a natural world. If God chooses to make a case for himself, by oh I dunno, appearing in the mid-day sky as a disembodied head that speaks the exact same message to all creation, then blocks out the sun for 7 days, stops the light of the stars and forces even the most jaded scientist to live in darkness for a week to ponder what they just witnessed, it will call for some serious re-examination of the natural world.

But, as of now, god is silent except in the minds of people who already believe, and things throughout the course of human history once thought to be the hand or domain of god have proven to be natural, or repeatable, or explainable by simple forces....the law of expanding margins, if you will.

I've been saying since I was a child, that if God wants us all to believe it's as simple as showing up to the ball field with his mitt on. And, I care not a whit what a book has to say about reasons he does not. He and his sons (as most gods in most myths have also done) showed up to convince some people, long ago, who apparently needed convincing. It's in his bag of tricks, and if it took miracles and showing up to get the ancients on board, it will take much the same for me. I'm all ears....as are most good scientists.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:12:16 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
It is not the answer so keep looking for a better book to worship.
View Quote

That's a good way to put it.  Far too many people worship a book.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:16:58 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:  
In the end, if there is any evidence of God, it will trump the evidence of natural forces. Science can be subject to the predisposition of a person or persons, but inevitably, observation, evidence and facts win the day. It really doesn't matter if "science" (meaning people) assumes a natural world. If God chooses to make a case for himself, by oh I dunno, appearing in the mid-day sky as a disembodied head that speaks the exact same message to all creation, then blocks out the sun for 7 days, stops the light of the stars and forces even the most jaded scientist to live in darkness for a week to ponder what they just witnessed, it will call for some serious re-examination of the natural world.
View Quote

But, as of now, god is silent except in the minds of people who already believe, and things throughout the course of human history once thought to be the hand or domain of god have proven to be natural, or repeatable, or explainable by simple forces....the law of expanding margins, if you will.

I've been saying since I was a child, that if God wants us all to believe it's as simple as showing up to the ball field with his mitt on. And, I care not a whit what a book has to say about reasons he does not. He and his sons (as most gods in most myths have also done) showed up to convince some people, long ago, who apparently needed convincing. It's in his bag of tricks, and if it took miracles and showing up to get the ancients on board, it will take much the same for me. I'm all ears....as are most good scientists.

You're assuming that God is the Christian God and that if you don't believe, then bad things will happen to you.  What if God doesn't care?  One of the themes running through a lot of Near-Death Experiences is a more universal concept of God who doesn't particularly care about what we believe on earth, because once we return to him his existence will be quite obvious.  Our ignorance on this world is a condition of the test to allow us to experience the world from a multiple of perspectives over many lives.  Basically the last chapter of Plato's Republic.  
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:23:22 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:  

You're assuming that God is the Christian God and that if you don't believe, then bad things will happen to you.  What if God doesn't care?  One of the themes running through a lot of Near-Death Experiences is a more universal concept of God who doesn't particularly care about what we believe on earth, because once we return to him his existence will be quite obvious.  Our ignorance on this world is a condition of the test to allow us to experience the world from a multiple of perspectives over many lives.  Basically the last chapter of Plato's Republic.  

Well it's a predominantly "Active" god world, filled with people who insist he does care and takes an active part in cancer, Tim Tebow's football career, and listening to us every Sunday. It's hard not to make that the basis of the argument, especially in GD.

But, it's also possible he's a totally "hands off" god, and in that case, it doesn't really matter. If there's evidence of him, I imagine eventually someone or some thing will find it. Science has had flawed assumptions countless times about the workings of the universe - for centuries we thought Newtonian physics governed it all, but evidence said otherwise...even when predominant scientific communities doubted.

If it's the hand of god, I'm perfectly willing to accept that, given some evidence. I can't be the only person open to it, even among the scientific community. Einstein was looking in that direction, in a way, was he not?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:34:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Science assumes nothing, and proves nothing. It simply gathers evidence in support of theories. The theories always remain malleable. There is, for example, mountains of evidence to support the theory of gravity. But if we wake up tomorrow and we are all floating in the air, then science will modify the theory based on the new evidence.

If there are gods, science only needs evidence of them.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:38:16 AM EDT
[#27]
People think up the damnedest things, while playing in their heads.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:46:12 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well it's a predominantly "Active" god world, filled with people who insist he does care and takes an active part in cancer, Tim Tebow's football career, and listening to us every Sunday. It's hard not to make that the basis of the argument, especially in GD.

But, it's also possible he's a totally "hands off" god, and in that case, it doesn't really matter. If there's evidence of him, I imagine eventually someone or some thing will find it. Science has had flawed assumptions countless times about the workings of the universe - for centuries we thought Newtonian physics governed it all, but evidence said otherwise...even when predominant scientific communities doubted.

If it's the hand of god, I'm perfectly willing to accept that, given some evidence. I can't be the only person open to it, even among the scientific community. Einstein was looking in that direction, in a way, was he not?

The problem with God and science is that the fundamental premise is that God can't be measured.

By definition, an infinite value can't be measured. It makes the whole point moot. Even demonstrable miracles are just as easily explained by saying any other deity could accomplish it.

Essentially, Christianity jumped the shark and forced blind faith to be the only requirement.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:52:07 AM EDT
[#29]
God created the Universe, by causing the Big Bang!!
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:59:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Seems like most everyone thinks they need to know the answer.  What's wrong with "I don't know."

View Quote

Nothing. Unless of course you stop there. Science IS saying "I don't know" and following that with "lets find out."
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 11:59:32 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote

Did not.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:03:08 PM EDT
[#32]
The science backs up universal genesis via the Big Bang.  But where did the Big Bang come from?  Like we'll ever know!
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:16:44 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View Quote

There are many more options that just those two.  I tend to believe that God is activist in the sense that I think he set a lot of things in motion - in general using the laws of physics rather than breaking them.  But I also think that we have free will and that sometimes God needs to bail us out a little, like a child who has trouble riding a bike and needs the training wheels put back on.  That's why I think God sometimes bends the rules and, for instance, will sometimes cause a spontaneous remission of cancer that goes against all medical science in one child, while the child next to him dies of the same disease.  Not because God favored one over the other, but that sometimes we need a little more help that the laws of physics are want to provide.  

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:21:18 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:  

Science assumes nothing, and proves nothing. It simply gathers evidence in support of theories. The theories always remain malleable. There is, for example, mountains of evidence to support the theory of gravity. But if we wake up tomorrow and we are all floating in the air, then science will modify the theory based on the new evidence.

View Quote
All deductive logical thought includes assumptions.  

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:23:04 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The problem with God and science is that the fundamental premise is that God can't be measured.

By definition, an infinite value can't be measured. It makes the whole point moot. Even demonstrable miracles are just as easily explained by saying any other deity could accomplish it.

Essentially, Christianity jumped the shark and forced blind faith to be the only requirement.

But what if our concept of god is just wrong? What if what created it all was an inter-dimensional, "super being" who has powers we would attribute to a god, but is otherwise measurable?

What if the multi-verse is just a really old, revolving spigot of big bangs, black holes, all circling around time/space controlled or set about by beings who manipulate it?

They might be measurable. Or, it could be multiple gods, or maybe the Greeks had it right.

In any case, I'm still fine with whatever/whoever showing up, parting the skies and saying "Hey gais, whassup?"

Come crashing through the atmosphere like a cosmic Kool-Aid, and I'll believe and need very little in the way of scientific explanation.

God of the bible showed up for a follower here and there, or sent his kid with some magic tricks.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:23:30 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Did not.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Did not.

Did to.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:24:43 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:  

Yes, but they are a human mechanism by which we APPLY science to seek answers. Science itself does not need assumptions. In fact, they slow it down...because they can predispose a person into trying to fit the evidence to an assumption.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:28:24 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Did to(sic).

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did not.

Did to(sic).

Not.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:49:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 12:52:54 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

The observational evidence for the Big Bang is overwhelming. The universe IS expanding, and the Cosmic Microwave Background is the light or echo left over for it.

So now it's not an issue of "Big Bang or God" but one of "Did God set off the Big Bang?"

Evidence for God: The force of gravity, and the charge of the electron, and the strong nuclear force are so finely balanced, that if they were off by as much as .00001% in either direction, there would be no stars, no heavier elements, no planets, (no Earth) and no life (no "us".)

Gravity too high in proportion, any matter from the Big Bang would just collapse into black holes. The various atomic forces too high in proportion, matter would clump up into hydrogen black dwarfs and then never change.

So the REAL question is not "God or the Big Bang", but a question of the strong vs. the weak anthropomorphic principle, which is arguably answered by whether or not a quantum infinite multiverse exists or not.

If this is the "only Universe", it is a very strong hint that there is some kind of directed and organized principle behind our universe for it to turn out so perfectly.

Evidence for no God (or at least a very uninvolved one): If there's an infinite quantum or higher dimensional multiverse out there, then it's likely we're only here because we're in the one among a sea of universes where the laws of physics turned out right by random chance to allow for us to exist and wonder about all of this. There's an infinite number of 'wrong' universes where matter can't exist, gravity is too high or too low, the speed of light is some weird value... or scenarios we can't even understand.
View Quote

That's not evidence for God.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:23:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yep, Hubble's discovery was contrary to the expected slowing of the expansion of the universe due to gravity. We don't know exactly why the universe is expanding at an accelerated pace.  We have discovered dark matter and dark energy and currently we use their existence at the causal factor. We can infer their existence from the gravitational impacts they cause when viewing distant galaxies.  Dark matter causes twists and bubbles in space which warps the light and energy those distant galaxies emit. We have observed these effects with the HST. There are experiments going on right now that are trying to better understand the effects of dark energy, we just don't know exactly what is going on with it but we are trying to learn.

Hubble found through direct spectral observation that the farther galaxies he observed where shifted toward the color red, known as red shift.  Because of the finite speed of light the faster things go away from you the more the light they emit turns toward the red color. The wave length changes and stretches out.  Eventually you get past visible light and end up in wave lengths that the satalites and experiments I mentioned detect.

If you put your car radio on AM and between stations you hear static, about 1 % of that noise is the Big Bang. The farther you get from civilization then the 1% goes up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand red shift and the Doppler effect.  What I was trying to ask is, if the universe were slowing down, wouldn't looking into the distant past see it expanding at a faster rate then as compared to now? Please take into account that I am a lay person and a little dense.

Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:29:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Now you can't claim free will and still have him all knowing.

View Quote

I don't think this follows logically.  It would if God were a being that was constrained by time like we are.  Just because He is able to know what we are going to choose does not pre-ordain that we choose it.

If you want a scientific sounding explanation, imagine if God already knows the result of the wave function for...everything.  It's kind of like that.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:33:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quien sabe?

I sure don't know.  There's a possibility that an intelligent agent is behind the creation of our universe, though whether we would recognize that being as anything we'd consider a "God" is debatable.  It's also very likely that we just don't know enough about the physics of the universe's existence (or what we even mean by the term "universe") to say how it began or even whether speaking of its "beginning" has any meaning at all.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:37:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

There must be shitloads of aliens out there then.  That means the likelihood that we have, and are being visited is really high.  Probes, anal probes as far as the eye can see.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
God created everything via science.

Do you know the probably of all this shit just happening?

It's in the fucking trillions.

If a infinite universe is a possibility, the odds are actually really good.  Like, infinitely good.

Problem: as a human, I have no idea how to even start processing the word or concept of "infinite"

There must be shitloads of aliens out there then.  That means the likelihood that we have, and are being visited is really high.  Probes, anal probes as far as the eye can see.

Not necessarily.  Even if there are shitloads of aliens, consider how costly it is to build a spacecraft to travel to another to do...what?  Anally violate rural drunks and steal cows?  Doesn't make sense.

If there are shitloads of aliens, we won't be seeing them.  Nothing is to be gained by spending the considerable resources required to get here.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:39:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Just because He is able to know what we are going to choose does not pre-ordain that we choose it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now you can't claim free will and still have him all knowing.

Just because He is able to know what we are going to choose does not pre-ordain that we choose it.

Huh? That made my head hurt.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:39:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:47:01 PM EDT
[#47]
What about the possibility that the universe has formed countless times and experienced the big crunch countless times until now?
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:49:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
God is science. He created science.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:55:29 PM EDT
[#49]
all the mass in order for there to be a big bang had to come from somewhere. I don't think about it much because ultimately who gives a shit. Your belief is yours mine is mine.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 2:00:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top