Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:42:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Are those side pipes made out of dryer vent hose?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:46:34 PM EDT
[#2]
sure its been said, but thats a whole lot of engine (and supercharger) to not even make 500whp.  

Very sexy car none the less
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 3:51:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I like it.  I think a Harley with that burnished bronze color scheme would look tuff.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:12:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Car would be lighter, and make more power with an LSx of some other flavor instead.

Link Posted: 4/27/2015 4:43:51 PM EDT
[#5]
thats alot of motor and engineering to make it fit... just to make 600 hp

besides all that, the Cobra doesn't really need all that much power
need to think of it less as a car and more like a overpowered go kart
a go kart that will hurt you if you don't respect it

ETA: and while we are here... the hips of a Cobra are designed for big fat tires
even the front fenders are capable of swallowing wider wheels and tires
why are we not seeing that here?
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:13:39 PM EDT
[#6]
I'd take it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:15:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:20:11 PM EDT
[#8]
That is just bad ass.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 7:21:33 PM EDT
[#9]
That is just bad ass.
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 8:56:10 PM EDT
[#10]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

More certainly, but I think most of those performance crate motors have aluminum heads.  And I'm pretty sure the old 427/428 Cobras weren't hauling around an extra radiator in the trunk. In any case, there's just something fundamentally flawed in putting a la-di-da Mercedes engine in a piece of classic Americana.  As well to put a tanto point on a Randall #1.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's cool - different modes for different toads, and all - and, God knows, I've done a bunch of stuff just so I could say I'd done it, but that sounds like an awful lot of trouble for five pounds of boost, particularly when you can get a naturally aspirated big block Ford crate motor making 500+ hp and stick a turbo on it.

I'm thinking the Europeans ought to stick to turning out refined road cars and leave hot rodding to Merkin good old boys.  

I'll bet that big block ford weighs twice as much as the V12 from the merc.

More certainly, but I think most of those performance crate motors have aluminum heads.  And I'm pretty sure the old 427/428 Cobras weren't hauling around an extra radiator in the trunk. In any case, there's just something fundamentally flawed in putting a la-di-da Mercedes engine in a piece of classic Americana.  As well to put a tanto point on a Randall #1.  

Agreed!
Link Posted: 4/27/2015 9:06:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I seem to remember reading about this car in Hot Rod mag a while back. Swedish guy built and owns it if I'm not mistaken. A very impressive amount of fabrication was put into that, it is a work of art from a craftsmanship perspective for sure. Cool car.
View Quote

Wasn't that a Factory Five '33 with a built Volvo motor and a ton of suspension mods?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top