BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 1:58:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You can do your best to ID any illicit gains a criminal has and deprive them of those funds and goods

Just because some may not be found does not justify seizing what IS found

I'm not putting words in your mouth. You clearly believe that the illicit gains of criminals should be off limits from forfeiture

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Criminals will always profit from their activity.  

Evidently, you think it just and right that the police should profit from criminal activity.  

See?  I can put words in your mouth almost as well as you can put them in mine.

You can do your best to ID any illicit gains a criminal has and deprive them of those funds and goods

Just because some may not be found does not justify seizing what IS found

I'm not putting words in your mouth. You clearly believe that the illicit gains of criminals should be off limits from forfeiture

I see you're making almost as much sense as usual.  

If your square-one position were not "The Police Are Always Right", you could see that the most unjust and wide ranging deprivation of liberty precipitated upon us by the War On Un-Taxed Drugs was and has been accomplished via asset forfeiture.

People, like Donald Scott, are stolen from, abused, and even murdered in pursuit of seizing their assets (especially money), and, based on your statements, that's good by you.  

Nobody was prosecuted or even fired for the conspiracy and obvious lies that resulted in Scott being shot to death in his own home.  

Not even ONE pot plant or joint was found.  

In light of that sort of outcome, yes, I would rather see dope dealers keep their second-hand 'Vette's or off-lease Lexus.  

Still, Yaaaaay for gettin' them dopers!

Thanks for clearing things up for me.

Edit for spelling/grammar.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 2:11:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 2:14:38 PM EDT
[#3]
The county sheriff down in Junction had one for a while. Of course he had nothing better to do than cruise up and down I-10 catching speeders.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 2:14:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Departments should not be allowed to keep stuff they take from criminals. It produces very dangerous incentives.
View Quote

It saves you the taxpayer from funding stuff the agency needs
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 2:18:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I see you're making almost as much sense as usual.  

If your square-one position were not "The Police Are Always Right", you could see that the most unjust and wide ranging deprivation of liberty precipitated upon us by the War On Un-Taxed Drugs was and has been accomplished via asset forfeiture.

People, like Donald Scott, are stolen from, abused, and even murdered in pursuit of seizing their assets (especially money), and, based on your statements, that's good by you.  

Nobody was prosecuted or even fired for the conspiracy and obvious lies that resulted in Scott being shot to death in his own home.  

Not even ONE pot plant or joint was found.  

In light of that sort of outcome, yes, I would rather see dope dealers keep their second-hand 'Vette's or off-lease Lexus.  

Still, Yaaaaay for gettin' them dopers!

Thanks for clearing things up for me.

Edit for spelling/grammar.
View Quote

You keep citing one example.
If someone could have been proven to have acted criminally in the Scott case then they should have been prosecuted
You don't always find drugs when you execute a warrant
That doesn't mean there wasn't justification for filing for and obtaining the warrant....DESPITE what happened in one case that you are hung up on
I get it that you're pro-street drugs.
I would hope for more from law-abiding gun owners, myself
I am always disappointed to read people who should be law-abiding posting in support of stuff like illicit drugs
Inevitably they sink to the "alcohol is worse" argument, which I also disagree with.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 2:20:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I like how the front plate is on the dash.
View Quote

No kidding.  I'm always paranoid about not having a front plate and here these guys don't either.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 2:20:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Departments should not be allowed to keep stuff they take from criminals. It produces very dangerous incentives.
View Quote

Like what? Enforcing the Law?
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 2:22:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You keep citing one example.
If someone could have been proven to have acted criminally in the Scott case then they should have been prosecuted
You don't always find drugs when you execute a warrant
That doesn't mean there wasn't justification for filing for and obtaining the warrant....DESPITE what happened in one case that you are hung up on
I get it that you're pro-street drugs.
I would hope for more from law-abiding gun owners, myself
I am always disappointed to read people who should be law-abiding posting in support of stuff like illicit drugs
Inevitably they sink to the "alcohol is worse" argument, which I also disagree with.

View Quote

I keep citing that example because it is the archetype, and a strong argument can be made that it set the tone and model for the whole regime of asset forfeiture.

And, I can see that you don't like to even touch on the idea that our liberty is curtailed in a particularly egregious way by this practice, and by those in LE, like yourself, who defend the practice.

Again, thanks for making your position clear.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 2:24:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I keep citing that example because it is the archetype, and a strong argument can be made that it set the tone and model for the whole regime of asset forfeiture.

And, I can see that you don't like to even touch on the idea that our liberty is curtailed in a particularly egregious way by this practice, and by those in LE, like yourself, who defend the practice.

View Quote

You keep citing that one example because you want to believe that it fits your narrative on every warrant execution and every instance of asset forfeiture
No, I don't believe that our liberties are encroached upon by going after the assets of criminals
Criminals should not benefit from their criminal activities.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 2:32:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You keep citing that one example because you want to believe that it fits your narrative on every warrant execution and every instance of asset forfeiture Thanks for reading my mind, Ms. Cleo.  
No, I don't believe that our liberties are encroached upon by going after the assets of criminals <-- If this is true, you are either willfully blind, or woefully uninformed, or both.
Criminals should not benefit from their criminal activities unless they wear a police uniform.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You keep citing that one example because you want to believe that it fits your narrative on every warrant execution and every instance of asset forfeiture Thanks for reading my mind, Ms. Cleo.  
No, I don't believe that our liberties are encroached upon by going after the assets of criminals <-- If this is true, you are either willfully blind, or woefully uninformed, or both.
Criminals should not benefit from their criminal activities unless they wear a police uniform.

A couple of addenda for you.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 2:43:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
If someone is engaged in an illegal activity, and buys something with the money he made illegally, does he deserve to keep it when he is arrested?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck Civil Forfeiture

Fuck TWoD

If someone is engaged in an illegal activity, and buys something with the money he made illegally, does he deserve to keep it when he is arrested?

In a perfect world...that would be a legitimate question. Given the current situation, many things are confiscated without the 'owner' having stood trial.

Do you think that is fair?

Link Posted: 9/6/2015 3:09:16 PM EDT
[#12]
What's TX law on tinted headlights?  Those things look blacked out.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 3:10:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

What's TX law on tinted headlights?  Those things look blacked out.

View Quote

Vehicle regs?  

That's for little people.
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top