Link Posted: 3/7/2017 9:20:46 AM EDT
[#1]
This thing still going?  Meh.

Page 2 pwnage.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:48:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's a fun car. The first generation genesis sort of got the model a bad name, but the 2014-16 cars are pretty badass. Try and find a dealership with one to drive, just for shits and giggles. I was out looking for a new sedan and ended up with this one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait... what? 
It's a fun car. The first generation genesis sort of got the model a bad name, but the 2014-16 cars are pretty badass. Try and find a dealership with one to drive, just for shits and giggles. I was out looking for a new sedan and ended up with this one.
After reading that I started looking up some of the models and such. Some of the models have High HP 5.0 V8's RWD on 8 speed autos! LOL   Also have AWD versions. 
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:50:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Even the base Genesis Coupe V6 makes that, and they start around $27K
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait... what? 

Even the base Genesis Coupe V6 makes that, and they start around $27K
Saw that when poking around.  

As much as I like my little Mk3 Supra... I could see replacing it with something like that for that low of price instead of trying to horse trade up to a Mk4. 
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 10:53:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Saw that when poking around.  

As much as I like my little Mk3 Supra... I could see replacing it with something like that for that low of price instead of trying to horse trade up to a Mk4. 
View Quote

Yeah the Hyundai warranty doesn't hurt either. My genesis ultimate was 31.5K after tax,title.etc because of a .mil rebate and negotiating. For the price, I honestly can't think of anything that would be as decked out or as powerful as this one. I can't recommend taking one for a drive enough. Even 5 or so years ago I would have laughed at someone for recommending an Hyundai, but they really have their shit together.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 11:04:52 AM EDT
[#5]
a few more for fun.

Link Posted: 3/7/2017 11:14:06 AM EDT
[#6]
On my Supra FB page a person put a 2 step on their Hyundai as a joke... it was super cute. 

Anyways good looking car. 

Reading up more on the history of the company it's pretty interesting. Seems like they poached talent from all over.  Of note they brought on the guy that designed the BMW 3 and 6 series in 2006... which tracing the cars back, is when they started looking ... like Asian BMW's. 
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 11:48:02 AM EDT
[#7]

USCC
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 2:02:07 PM EDT
[#8]
You goin'a see him on TV, any given Sunday, win the Super Bowl and drive off in a Hyundai...

I guess no one's going to understand that reference in a few years.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 2:20:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Korean Korvette? No, more like the Korean Z24.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 4:16:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
LT1 Corvettes are nice but........ for the money nothing I mean absolutely nothing under $15,000 can touch this......

1998-2002 Camaro SS 6spd gets mid 20s mpg on the highway all day long.  But really who gives a shit when you can run mid 12's in the 1/4 all day long with a few cheap mods.

http://image.superchevy.com/f/10956887+w640+h640+q80+re0+cr1+st0/0901gmhtp_01_z%2B2002_chevy_camaro_ss%2Bfront_view.jpg
View Quote

In true Arfcom fashion, I say get both! And I did...

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 4:25:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yeah the Hyundai warranty doesn't hurt either. My genesis ultimate was 31.5K after tax,title.etc because of a .mil rebate and negotiating. For the price, I honestly can't think of anything that would be as decked out or as powerful as this one. I can't recommend taking one for a drive enough. Even 5 or so years ago I would have laughed at someone for recommending an Hyundai, but they really have their shit together.
View Quote

Just realized the Genesis Coupe is dead for 2017...
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 4:25:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have that same Roadmaster for sale right now !

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/252956/IMG-0258-144731.JPG
View Quote
Me so ronery.

I want one
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 5:44:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Just realized the Genesis Coupe is dead for 2017...
View Quote

Yep. It will be coming back as the G70 around 2020 from what they have put out so far. The other rumors are that they will rename it to the tiburon as make it more standard hyundai, and then create the v-8 version as the G70 and keep it under the genesis line.
Link Posted: 3/7/2017 6:58:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Those rims look pretty nice. I don't think they are that slow. For what they are. Yeah a V-8 or turbo car will out run you, but they get up and go too. At least mine gets up to 80 on the on ramp not a problem.
View Quote

Thanks, they are just the stock GT wheels  i had painted..
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 1:57:08 AM EDT
[#15]

I liked the 90's Vette, but never did get into the Camaro. They were good cars, but the looks just don't do it for me. I like the WS Firebirds better.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top