Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:02:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hard to have any type of relationship when you don't want to be in the same room with them or even listen to their voice.

We don't have anything in common. She:
  • didn't like my friends and has run them off,
  • doesn't like the movies I want to watch,
  • doesn't like the music I listen to,
  • doesn't like the types of food I like,
  • doesn't want to be around my family and has announced she only tolerates them now at best,
  • doesn't like the way I have the heater/AC in the car(I like to keep the windshield clear so I can see),
  • doesn't like the way I drive,
  • doesn't like the clothes I wear,
  • I don't exercise correctly,
  • I don't know how to take a vacation and relax correctly,
  • complains if I spend anything out of my 6 figure income on myself(ok, bought some $35 Holga cameras), and
  • runs around sulled up like a possum if she thinks I spent anything firearm related.

The only thing we got in common is the physical address of the house where we sleep(in different rooms) and the account&bank numbers on the checking account. You reach a point when everything you do is wrong, you just say fuck it, cut your losses where you can, and go live a separate life.

Counting down until the kiddo is 18 & graduated from high school.
View Quote

Holy fuck I'm kind of sad I clicked this thread.

Thankful I only read this and the first page though
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:04:47 PM EDT
[#2]
My sex drive is 87,000 times what my wife's is. We make life work.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:07:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
if my wife doesn't put out, then i'm going to go on the prowl for dick
View Quote

Haha.  I think this is one of two things.

1. Freudian Slip.
2. Alcohol fueled posting.

Either way I doubt he is coming back to this thread. LOL.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:07:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I cant imagine a grown man talking like that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well that takes me back to early highschool

That is pretty much how my coworker and his wife still text/flirt with one another and they're in their 50s...great couple too.

My coworker and his wife are hilarious and sometimes...weird but I can't fault them as it works for them.

What's weird/funny is my coworker will ask me to text his wife that he's running around talking about her.  She'll text back and say what...and then he'll say text her I'm talking about her boobs.  I'll do it, I know them, it is a joke...

Then she starts texting him asking why is he talking to his coworkers about her boobs.  Well, he goes on to her about how great they are and how he can't stop thinking about them and her and this and that.  This is usually when he is getting off of work and she's leaving her job.  Their kids are out of the house so my guess is the minute they hit the house they're getting it on after texting the whole way home to each other.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:09:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Perhaps. I have come to terms with the fact that I'm what some would call emotionally unavailable. Chalk it up to life experiences and general upbringing I suppose. I don't think I'm at all alone in that however. Different strokes and all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Of the women I'm close enough to that we'd discuss it, I've known 2 who say their husband expects it every day and if he doesn't get it he pouts and gets bitchy.  And 4 who say it's like pulling teeth to get some action from him.  

I guess everyone else is pretty evenly matched or they just don't want to talk about it.  

Truth is some men just get bored. Sex becomes routine and dull after a while. No naughty board game or corny role playing actually fixes that. It's still the same person you've been sleeping with all along. After a while you just lose interest. Of course my ex wife had her own hangups that just made sex awful but I think for a lot of men it's all down hill after that initial rush of walking into a new womans bedroom for the first time. There will be exceptions and some guys here would fuck a snake if somebody held its mouth open but I do think they're in the minority.

That happens to men who only see sex as conquest or getting off.
If you don't have a strong emotional component to sex, and share it with a partner you care about, it's gonna get dull.
I don't have that problem, never have, in 25 years of marriage my wife still trips my trigger. Even when it's routine (physically), we're having fun and it's good.

Perhaps. I have come to terms with the fact that I'm what some would call emotionally unavailable. Chalk it up to life experiences and general upbringing I suppose. I don't think I'm at all alone in that however. Different strokes and all.

You might want to figure out why you are emotionally unavailable.  I had to stop one day, at 40 years old, and ask myself why I was.  Learned a lot, still learning, and there's a lot to work on.  I can't say it fixed my marriage or helped my kids but it sure as shit helped me.

ETA: There are quite a few straight men who simply don't want to have sex for various reasons.  Women are often embarrassed to discuss such things whereas guys who don't get laid don't really speak about it but it is more common and bitched about without penalty in many guy conversations.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:11:32 PM EDT
[#6]
... Once was married for 14 years. Last 7 were miserable. I'll never get that time lost back. Fix it, or split
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:15:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Maybe her pussy stinks or she gives terrible head.  Kinda like Princess Di / Camilla thing.  My guess is that Diana only licked the tip.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some men are no longer attracted to their wives.

You mentioned she's hot, so may not be relevant to this situation.

Maybe her pussy stinks or she gives terrible head.  Kinda like Princess Di / Camilla thing.  My guess is that Diana only licked the tip.

Can't say I blame her. Charles is a toad.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:24:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Why? Attraction fades. Men get off on "new" more than anything else. I'd get bored with a supermodel given enough time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some men are no longer attracted to their wives.

You mentioned she's hot, so may not be relevant to this situation.

That is a really metro comment.

Why? Attraction fades. Men get off on "new" more than anything else. I'd get bored with a supermodel given enough time.

People get bored when they entered the relationship for one reason only and have nothing else in common beyond what's between their legs. If you actually cared about said supermodel, you wouldn't get bored.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:25:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

My coworker and his wife are hilarious and sometimes...weird but I can't fault them as it works for them.

What's weird/funny is my coworker will ask me to text his wife that he's running around talking about her.  She'll text back and say what...and then he'll say text her I'm talking about her boobs.  I'll do it, I know them, it is a joke...

Then she starts texting him asking why is he talking to his coworkers about her boobs.  Well, he goes on to her about how great they are and how he can't stop thinking about them and her and this and that.  This is usually when he is getting off of work and she's leaving her job.  Their kids are out of the house so my guess is the minute they hit the house they're getting it on after texting the whole way home to each other.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is pretty much how my coworker and his wife still text/flirt with one another and they're in their 50s...great couple too.

Dang-

That sounds like the #Nevertrumpers in their circle jerk thread...  

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:27:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This.

I could fuck three times a day happily.

I'm lucky if my wife has pity sex with me once a week anymore.  So I have quit trying as well.  Tired of being turned down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How many times was coworker's husband rejected by his wife before he lost interest?  Two sides to every story.

This.

I could fuck three times a day happily.

I'm lucky if my wife has pity sex with me once a week anymore.  So I have quit trying as well.  Tired of being turned down.

Welcome to my life
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:27:57 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Dang-

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dang-

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:35:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I can't count how many times I've read posts by members, claiming that their wives were completely uninterested and they were just hanging in there for the kids. I've even known some men IRL that had similar situations.

Today, my wife was telling me that her co-worker broke down and said that her husband hasn't touched her in 6 years. When I expressed shock at this (she's hot), my wife said she knows other women that claim that they have husbands with no interest in them sexually.

This got me thinking that this could be a loop, created by poor communication in the relationship. I mean seriously, everyone wants sex at some point. I can see getting wrapped up in the daily chaos and realizing that it's been a couple of weeks. To go "years" without sex, there has to be some desire.

Maybe you guys that are in this boat, should take her out, get a few drinks in her and act like it's your first date. What's the worst that could happen?
View Quote
Oh, I don't know, have sex and then hear the next day that she suspects you drugged her, because she felt "vulnerable."

It'd been a while (months), so I woke up feeling pretty good, and then heard that asshole statement.

Coming up on my 1-year anniversary of that special day.  Things weren't always this way, but got weird at menopause 5 years ago (she now has doctors, coaches, therapists, support groups, issues from childhood, and dietary restrictions).

I am really fucking bent out of shape over how things have gone.  I'm still here because, as miserable as I truly am, I'm not sure how I'll feel about myself if I kick her ass out the door.  She doesn't work (a current part-time minimum wage job doesn't really help), clean, or do anything but go to church activities and dote on our grandchildren, but I meant the "till death do us part" staff.  I just never anticipated this.  Marriage counseling has been tried 3 times.  She won't do what the counselors suggested and "just feels empty inside."  She kicked her psychiatrist and antidepressants to the curb years ago.  Success at work was always something to share with her, and I'm finally there or close to it, but now I travel the world alone and lonely.

30+ years married and I still have a lifetime sex partner number of 1.  Commitment is commitment, right?  And she's struggling, even if she has trouble admitting it.  I love her but am pissed off and resenting things.  I feel like a fool.  I feel like I'm between a rock and a hard place.

That about covers it.  Came out of nowhere, but there you go, GD.

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:41:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

1. Freudian Slip.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1. Freudian Slip.

oh no i was dead serious

i go both ways fam
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:45:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Story from a stone cold gorgeous girl i used to know.  Her first marriage was basically sexless. He was from a really devout Baptist family.  They both agreed on no premarital in-out.  They got after it on the honeymoon, then once the next month.  Got more sporadic from then on.  This went on two years.  She loved him dearly and just did without.

About killed her when she came home early to surprise him with a cool gift.  She opens the door and sees another guy had her good Baptist boy bowed over the couch.  

This girl was fine as anyone you'd see in Playboy.  She didn't date anyone for like two years after she divorced butt boy.

In my observation, if the lack of interest is coming from the man and he is healthy, he is screwing somebody.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 10:49:24 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Oh, I don't know, have sex and then hear the next day that she suspects you drugged her, because she felt "vulnerable."

It'd been a while (months), so I woke up feeling pretty good, and then heard that asshole statement.

Coming up on my 1-year anniversary of that special day.  Things weren't always this way, but got weird at menopause 5 years ago (she now has doctors, coaches, therapists, support groups, issues from childhood, and dietary restrictions).

I am really fucking bent out of shape over how things have gone.  I'm still here because, as miserable as I truly am, I'm not sure how I'll feel about myself if I kick her ass out the door.  She doesn't work (a current part-time minimum wage job doesn't really help), clean, or do anything but go to church activities and dote on our grandchildren, but I meant the "till death do us part" staff.  I just never anticipated this.  Marriage counseling has been tried 3 times.  She won't do what the counselors suggested and "just feels empty inside."  She kicked her psychiatrist and antidepressants to the curb years ago.  Success at work was always something to share with her, and I'm finally there or close to it, but now I travel the world alone and lonely.

30+ years married and I still have a lifetime sex partner number of 1.  Commitment is commitment, right?  And she's struggling, even if she has trouble admitting it.  I love her but am pissed off and resenting things.  I feel like a fool.  I feel like I'm between a rock and a hard place.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I can't count how many times I've read posts by members, claiming that their wives were completely uninterested and they were just hanging in there for the kids. I've even known some men IRL that had similar situations.

Today, my wife was telling me that her co-worker broke down and said that her husband hasn't touched her in 6 years. When I expressed shock at this (she's hot), my wife said she knows other women that claim that they have husbands with no interest in them sexually.

This got me thinking that this could be a loop, created by poor communication in the relationship. I mean seriously, everyone wants sex at some point. I can see getting wrapped up in the daily chaos and realizing that it's been a couple of weeks. To go "years" without sex, there has to be some desire.

Maybe you guys that are in this boat, should take her out, get a few drinks in her and act like it's your first date. What's the worst that could happen?

I'm sorry to hear it, just keep fighting. If you stick around, and don't, you're just tending to a tinderbox of resentment.

Have you looked into hormone testing/therapy? I knew an older couple who went through a similar decline and hormone therapy really turned her life around.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:06:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hard to have any type of relationship when you don't want to be in the same room with them or even listen to their voice.

• doesn't want to be around my family and has announced she only tolerates them now at best,
  • doesn't like the way I have the heater/AC in the car(I like to keep the windshield clear so I can see),
  • complains if I spend anything out of my 6 figure income on myself(ok, bought some $35 Holga cameras), and
  • runs around sulled up like a possum if she thinks I spent anything firearm related.

The only thing we got in common is the physical address of the house where we sleep(in different rooms) and the account&bank numbers on the checking account. You reach a point when everything you do is wrong, you just say fuck it, cut your losses where you can, and go live a separate life.

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:07:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Life is short. Fuck all you want. Don't wait until you can't get your dick up and then regret what you have missed.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:09:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

She offered counseling and I declined due to my pride.  Guess it's time to suck it up.  Thanks for the advice brother
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Count me in on this train too.  The other night I tried to just cop a feel before she got in the shower and I offered to do anything
she wanted me to do. She said " I don't want anything from you sexually" When she does cave it's like once a month.

We have a 14 month old and I'm not sure what to do. I'm fucking pissed but don't want to lose everything I've worked so hard for.
Guess I'll hang in there till I can't no more.  I love me daughter to much to not see her everyday.

Counseling. Now.

Your daughter will be hardwiring her little brain chemistry in the next couple years, setting things about what couples are, what healthy relationships feel like, and what love looks like.

You think being a pent-up, hurt, resentful husband during all of those years is going to do her ANY favors? It's going to create a person who makes bad choices in their relationships, because you gave her the template. Children soak that shit up like a magic sponge, you won't be hiding it.

Fix your marriage, and that starts by having a long honest conversation to your wife....and convey that very thing. Neglecting intimacy and doing so coldly is not going to make a good marriage, and that will be something she's teaching to her child....a lesson you can't undo. If she's not willing to work on that, then you have a tough road ahead of you.

She offered counseling and I declined due to my pride.  Guess it's time to suck it up.  Thanks for the advice brother

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.  I started seeing a therapist while I was going through my divorce.  It works wonders.  I never had an aversion to therapy.  I suggested it to my ex before we split and she wanted nothing to do with it.  Shes still the same fucked up, miserable, lonely bitch as a result.  While Im dating a girl who loves the D and might actually have as much interest in sex as I do.  Shit is straight up cray cray lol
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:11:26 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I'm sorry to hear it, just keep fighting. If you stick around, and don't, you're just tending to a tinderbox of resentment.

Have you looked into hormone testing/therapy? I knew an older couple who went through a similar decline and hormone therapy really turned her life around.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We haven't looked into hormone therapy.  I'll look into it and bring it up.  Thanks.  

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:12:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Uhhhhh
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:13:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Let's see yours romeo?
You'll white knight and hide behind "I got more respect than that".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My god was that cringe worthy sexting. You could've had two or three good sexts out of what you said. Use your imagination a little bit more, but I guess you got her wet so good for you Not too mention she was the one who initiated it...

Let's see yours romeo?
You'll white knight and hide behind "I got more respect than that".

Hahah no white knighting it. I just don't take screenshots of me sexting so I don't have any on hand
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:16:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can relate to almost all of that right now
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:17:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Let? Hell no.

Long story short. Gave her three options. Put up, put out or get out. She refused to discuss or work on her issues.

Married 33 years and never ONCE has she given oral, anal or even a hand job. No interesting positions nothing. About year 12 we divorced and seperated for three years. I remarried her for our kids and on the promise of her issues being fixed as she was in therapy. Mistake two on my part.

3-4 years ago I gave her the ultimatum. Told her straight up shes not getting shit and has zero say what, where my dick goes and she made her choice to live with and forfeited the right to complain.

But no, i dont chase tail but yes ive been with another. My notches number three to include my wife and a ex i was going to marry but got cold feet.

Nomex on
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not going to help.

15 years or so since she wanted sex. Been at least ten since she was medically able.

FML

Does she let you sleep with other women?

Let? Hell no.

Long story short. Gave her three options. Put up, put out or get out. She refused to discuss or work on her issues.

Married 33 years and never ONCE has she given oral, anal or even a hand job. No interesting positions nothing. About year 12 we divorced and seperated for three years. I remarried her for our kids and on the promise of her issues being fixed as she was in therapy. Mistake two on my part.

3-4 years ago I gave her the ultimatum. Told her straight up shes not getting shit and has zero say what, where my dick goes and she made her choice to live with and forfeited the right to complain.

But no, i dont chase tail but yes ive been with another. My notches number three to include my wife and a ex i was going to marry but got cold feet.

Nomex on

I dont blame you at all man.  Just make sure your kids don't end up in similar circumstances
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:18:06 PM EDT
[#24]
I am divorced, old and grey.  I don't talk to anyone about why I left my husband much.  My kids ask me.  I lie.  Others ask me, I lie again.  My lawyer and doctor know why.  No one wants to hear the truth really.  I only hope in my doterage that I don't spill the beans.  My ex had sudden onset erectile dysfunction that he refused to go to a doctor for.  He wasn't having an affair or gay or anything else.  He could not get it up for beans.  Nada,  Nothing.  

I tried everything.  His father had prostate cancer and my ex had great difficulty with urinating.  

As it continued he became more distant and understandibly more upset but would not seek medical help.

First and only comment from me on this topic.  Sex draws you closer as a couple.  Lack of sex can ruin everything, especially if you add in the fact that one partner refuses to discuss it with you or a medical professional.  I would have stayed if he would have addressed it, sought help, and even if it couldn't have been fixed, at least we would have had a communication about the issue.  Even if it couldn't be fixed.  That didn't happen.

I stayed in the marriage for a very long time after.  Till our kids were over 18.  My life is going great now.  No.... I don't have a man in my life.  I am used to it. I like being by myself for the most part.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:29:37 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I guess when you get older it all comes down to do you truly love the person, and do you want to spend the rest of your life with them ........... or do you just want to get laid regularly?
View Quote
This is ARCOM get both

Seriously back massages for the win!!! do it correctly and the wife will let you do whatever you want.

I learned by watching youtube videos while giving her the massage, once I got it right she loved it and wants one every

night

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:32:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:34:59 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
No blow job or anal in 33 years?  That's unbelievable.  Honestly what kind of guy puts up with that?  33 years?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not going to help.

15 years or so since she wanted sex. Been at least ten since she was medically able.

FML

Let? Hell no.

Nomex on

No blow job or anal in 33 years?  That's unbelievable.  Honestly what kind of guy puts up with that?  33 years?
That's insane

going a week with getting a blow job is pretty disapointing.

Think about it, you work all week to pay the bills, its not to much to ask for the wife to allow you to slide you dick in her mouth for 3-5 mins.

I can't even fathom a woman so selfish she would not do this once a week/month.

free

Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:36:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Does the "wife" have a dick?
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:39:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It might not be him, it could be her.

A lot of guys loose interest because they have been shot down so many times. She may be asking "why does he have such a lot sex drive?" but in all reality hes jerking it twice a day. Not realizing after years of rejection, he finds it easier and more rewarding to take care of his own needs. He can come home early, grab the kids from school, get their home work done, make dinner, put the kids to bed early, they rub her feet on the couch while watching some stupi show like dancing with the stars, hope she doesn't fall asleep, then when in bed give her a 15 min back run and after all of that effort she says "My head hurts", "Im not in the mood", etc....after you get that enough times you just say f**k it, im not bending over backwards to get shot down, and MAYBE if youre lucky she will say "Fine" So while she lays there like a corpse you scramble to get it down before she falls asleep.

OR

just say im taking a "shower" and while on your iphone you can look at college age women who are 10x better looking than any women you've seen naked in real life do things you couldn't pay a girl to do even if you had a million dollars!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It might not be him, it could be her.

A lot of guys loose interest because they have been shot down so many times. She may be asking "why does he have such a lot sex drive?" but in all reality hes jerking it twice a day. Not realizing after years of rejection, he finds it easier and more rewarding to take care of his own needs. He can come home early, grab the kids from school, get their home work done, make dinner, put the kids to bed early, they rub her feet on the couch while watching some stupi show like dancing with the stars, hope she doesn't fall asleep, then when in bed give her a 15 min back run and after all of that effort she says "My head hurts", "Im not in the mood", etc....after you get that enough times you just say f**k it, im not bending over backwards to get shot down, and MAYBE if youre lucky she will say "Fine" So while she lays there like a corpse you scramble to get it down before she falls asleep.

OR

just say im taking a "shower" and while on your iphone you can look at college age women who are 10x better looking than any women you've seen naked in real life do things you couldn't pay a girl to do even if you had a million dollars!

Wise words these be
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:39:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I dont blame you at all man.  Just make sure your kids don't end up in similar circumstances
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not going to help.

FML

Let? Hell no.

Nomex on

Both grown and gone with kids of their own.  Both pretty solid.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:41:11 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

huh?
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:44:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
That's insane

Think about it, you work all week to pay the bills, its not to much to ask for the wife to allow you to slide you dick in her mouth for 3-5 mins.

free

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not going to help.

FML

Let? Hell no.

Nomex on

That's insane

free

Not a gals thing... ok I can live with a few things. However ZERO physical contact of any form isnt going to fly. I'll di anything to please a lady no hangups at all. But I need something... hell anything works really in return.
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 11:48:57 PM EDT
[#33]
It will be 11 year January without sex.  In 03 she had a total hysterectomy, and the hospital stay led to a DVT in her left leg.  After her recovery, which took time, we may have been intimate 6x until our last romp in Jan of 06.  She has absolutely no desire.  She cannot take any kind of hormone replacement because of the risk of more clots.  Unfortunately, there have been other health issues to deal with to include a lobectomy of the left lung and some back and neck surgeries.  She just lost interest.  

But through all of that, she is still my wife.  And it has no bearing on our recent split.  We now want different things out of life, but we remain close, and I will continue to care for her as needed.  

Obviously, that puts a damper on my plans to meet someone else, but that is the path I have chosen.

The lack of sex, especially when one party has suffered illness and injury, should not be grounds for divorce.  Just my humble opinion.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:00:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It will be 11 year January without sex.  In 03 she had a total hysterectomy, and the hospital stay led to a DVT in her left leg.  After her recovery, which took time, we may have been intimate 6x until our last romp in Jan of 06.  She has absolutely no desire.  She cannot take any kind of hormone replacement because of the risk of more clots.  Unfortunately, there have been other health issues to deal with to include a lobectomy of the left lung and some back and neck surgeries.  She just lost interest.  

But through all of that, she is still my wife.  And it has no bearing on our recent split.  We now want different things out of life, but we remain close, and I will continue to care for her as needed.  

Obviously, that puts a damper on my plans to meet someone else, but that is the path I have chosen.

The lack of sex, especially when one party has suffered illness and injury, should not be grounds for divorce.  Just my humble opinion.
View Quote

Your opinion won't be a popular one here, but can respect that. Pages now of many guys saying, "Suck'et good, or I'm gone."

But usually the lack of sex (for an otherwise healthy couple) is showing much greater underlying problems in the relationship.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:04:45 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
After a guys is turned down enough times, he stops fucking asking.

Winner

Half the humans on the planet have vaginas, finding one to stick your dick into isn't all that hard.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:04:49 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe not, but the lack of intimacy should be. One cannot be helped, the other is neglect.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:06:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Maybe not, but the lack of intimacy should be. One cannot be helped, the other is neglect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:20:51 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
yeah, it sucks when the other party has no interest. For me most the time is just her laying there when she does give in and tells me to hurry up.
View Quote

To me that is an instant boner kill. I'd probably tell her to "fuck off" then.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:23:07 AM EDT
[#39]
I just had sex, like 5 minutes ago.  With my wife.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:37:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Sex is not the main thing in a good marriage (but it's not a bad thing if it's there either) Another way to say it is a good marriage is more than sex.

Low T is real and sex is not the most important thing on a mans mind after a certain age.(who has low T) A compatible relationship with love and companionship is just as rewarding as a fulfilled sex life.

Many who rage with hormones can not even fathom what was just said. Their brains can't even process the words.

There are all sorts of humans in the world and not everyone thinks the same or wants the same thing.

The key is finding a mate that is COMPATIBLE with your own views and wants and needs. That is why there is a lot of divorces in this country, folks just ASSUME that everyone wants the same thing that they want without good communication prior to commitment or children to find that out prior to the relationship reaching irrevocable consequences.
View Quote

Naw bro. I'm not gay.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:39:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
After a guys is turned down enough times, he stops fucking asking.

Half the humans on the planet have vaginas, finding one to stick your dick into isn't all that hard.
View Quote

I agree with that, That's why I could never figure why queers needed to stick it in a man's shit-chute. Afraid of getting rejected or shot down in flames......
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:41:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I've known 2 who say their husband expects it every day and if he doesn't get it he pouts and gets bitchy

Unless he's 16-21 Too much Test

And 4 who say it's like pulling teeth to get some action from him.  
Unless he is 80, not enough T
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Of the women I'm close enough to that we'd discuss it, I've known 2 who say their husband expects it every day and if he doesn't get it he pouts and gets bitchy.  And 4 who say it's like pulling teeth to get some action from him.  

I guess everyone else is pretty evenly matched or they just don't want to talk about it.  

I've known 2 who say their husband expects it every day and if he doesn't get it he pouts and gets bitchy

Unless he's 16-21 Too much Test

And 4 who say it's like pulling teeth to get some action from him.  
Unless he is 80, not enough T

No such thing.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:45:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not going to help.

FML

Let? Hell no.

Nomex on

Good. Then ya, man I wouldn't even blame you if you added more notches to your belt, though honestly if the kids are gone I would just eject.  

And Im from a pretty religious belief system but if the woman doesn't do what she has to then I dont feel the man is obligated to stick around with an ungrateful woman like that.  Now, medically unable is another thing but hey, you only get one life too.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 12:59:36 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I am divorced, old and grey.  I don't talk to anyone about why I left my husband much.  My kids ask me.  I lie.  Others ask me, I lie again.  My lawyer and doctor know why.  No one wants to hear the truth really.  I only hope in my doterage that I don't spill the beans.  My ex had sudden onset erectile dysfunction that he refused to go to a doctor for.  He wasn't having an affair or gay or anything else.  He could not get it up for beans.  Nada,  Nothing.  

I tried everything.  His father had prostate cancer and my ex had great difficulty with urinating.  

As it continued he became more distant and understandibly more upset but would not seek medical help.

First and only comment from me on this topic.  Sex draws you closer as a couple.  Lack of sex can ruin everything, especially if you add in the fact that one partner refuses to discuss it with you or a medical professional.  I would have stayed if he would have addressed it, sought help, and even if it couldn't have been fixed, at least we would have had a communication about the issue.  Even if it couldn't be fixed.  That didn't happen.

I stayed in the marriage for a very long time after.  Till our kids were over 18.  My life is going great now.  No.... I don't have a man in my life.  I am used to it. I like being by myself for the most part.
View Quote

A most heartbreaking story. Although it appears you've turned things around a bit.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:04:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Gotta agree with you there. I'm no Adonis but I watch what I eat and work out on a regular basis to maintain some muscle and keep the gut under control. The married women I work with are constantly getting handsy and flirting like school girls. Even the shy ones give those subtle ioi's that I bet their husbands haven't seen in years.  I ignore them. Not a fan of adultery.  Didn't make sense to me that married women would act this way when they have a committed man at home. Went to the company picnic and noticed all their husbands had the "dad bod" going or worse.  No wonder.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I work night shift so I'm gone 4 nights a week. We usually only fuck Friday and Saturday, Sunday if the kids are asleep or something. Working nights is hard on that shit. Still by Friday she is ready for anything even if we are both tired. 30 and 2 kids. I'll take twice a week working nights.

For what it's worth, I think men have a lot to do with there lack of sex in relationships. Why? Because 70% of American men are fat slobs who drink too much and eat garbage while not getting off the couch. You think your wife is interested in banging your fat ass? No she is not. She wants to bang the guy who does Crossfit/lifts heavy 6 days a week and doesn't spend all his free time drinking. Yep, I do crossfit or Olympic lifting 6 days a week. Yep, my wife (and most of her friends) are quite attracted to me because of this. Don't let anyone sugar it, being physically attracted to someone plays a HUGE part in sex drive, married or not.

It's called alpha. Obtain it.

Gotta agree with you there. I'm no Adonis but I watch what I eat and work out on a regular basis to maintain some muscle and keep the gut under control. The married women I work with are constantly getting handsy and flirting like school girls. Even the shy ones give those subtle ioi's that I bet their husbands haven't seen in years.  I ignore them. Not a fan of adultery.  Didn't make sense to me that married women would act this way when they have a committed man at home. Went to the company picnic and noticed all their husbands had the "dad bod" going or worse.  No wonder.  

yep
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:12:16 AM EDT
[#46]
At least some of you are getting something.

Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:16:30 AM EDT
[#47]
I will say that having a woman who is DTF however and whenever you are, is as amazing as it sounds. Until you find out how big of a problem it is trying to not have sex three times a day everyday. Still it's a good problem to have.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:23:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Haven't been laid in years, wife claims it hurts and has no desire.  Great wife other than that.
View Quote

Uh. Does she let you go outside your marriage and get it? If not, no she isn't.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:25:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Some of you guys better hope you die young, since you seem to think that when you can't use your dick any more your life is over.
View Quote

When it goes its time for me to go.
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 1:27:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have GOT to ask you:

If these things are all true HOW IN THE FUCK did you get married in the first place?
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top