User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/28/2014 10:59:50 AM EDT
Anyone have info on this little gem?
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:04:53 AM EDT
[#1]

in their own words:

"our tactical compensator equipped with our new qd blast shield. this device works amazingly well to reduce concussion for nearby team members and the end user. happy to be launching this soon"

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:05:01 AM EDT
[#2]
So, it's an uncompensater?
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:06:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So, it's an uncompensater?
View Quote

A linear uncompensator.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:08:51 AM EDT
[#4]
If it actually does what they say it would be pretty cool.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:11:12 AM EDT
[#5]
If it works with standard muzzle devices, that's pretty sweet!
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:25:31 AM EDT
[#6]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

SiCo, KAC, AAC, and some others have made similar devices.

But sure, yeah retarded. I have no use for one but doesn't mean there's not a use.

Quoted:

That's the same locking mechanism as the M4SD series so it should fit any A2 compatible flash hider.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:26:19 AM EDT
[#7]
That is a great idea.  I use my AR rifles for deer hunting and I typically take the brake off before going out to the hunting blind.   Also when I go to ranges with cover and will be shooting around women and kids on the line I try not to have a brake on.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:28:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Anyone have info on this little gem?
<a href="http://s1095.photobucket.com/user/DT11S/media/7E0D9E82-83A4-43EB-A03E-1B5CD1C6168F_zpspvpyldfi.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i469/DT11S/7E0D9E82-83A4-43EB-A03E-1B5CD1C6168F_zpspvpyldfi.jpg</a>
View Quote

This is interesting. It's leaning toward a thought of mine regarding flash suppression and muzzle braking.

Quoted:

SiCo, KAC, AAC, and some others have made similar devices.

But sure, yeah retarded. I have no use for one but doesn't mean there's not a use.

Quoted:
View Quote

That's the same locking mechanism as the M4SD series so it should fit any A2 compatible flash hider.
View Quote

Wonder how well this device would take to some slight modification? Turn it into a brake? Mounted on a flash hider; a two-piece flash hider/brake. Generally, the combination devices are at best a compromise. Say that you have two separate devices that are dedicated to each singular function but can be use as a whole unit...possible merit?
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:29:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Call me selfish, but I don't worry about the hearing of the ones around me.  They should be wearing quality hearing protection.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:31:54 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't have that one, but I have one that fits my Yankee Hill suppressor mount that is also a compensated flash/report loudener....

It works as advertised and I no longer give folks around me a nose bleed every time I touch off rounds in my SBR
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:34:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Call me selfish, but I don't worry about the hearing of the ones around me.  They should be wearing quality hearing protection.
View Quote

Agreed
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:35:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Looks like it will soon be a suppressor
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:37:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Can I get it in extended length
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:39:17 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm sorry to rain on anyone's parade, but I don't get it.

If you need this to operate operationally then you just need a legitimate suppressor.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:43:19 AM EDT
[#15]

Isn't that the same basic concept of the "flaming pig"
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:43:23 AM EDT
[#16]
I think that this is more of a be kind to neighbors device while on the shooting bench.  I have an armalite rifle that I bought during the ban years.  The muzzle break on it will blow stuff off a neighbors bench when shooting.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:44:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Agreed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed

I own high end electronic headsets and occasionally wear double ears.

You're still a dick if you light off your 7.5" 556 with a brake under cover next to me.The concussion can still be incredibly damaging to a bystander even with ear pro. The ear canal is not the only way damaging noses are introduced to the body and ear drums.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:44:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:45:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If you need this to operate operationally then you just need a legitimate suppressor.
View Quote

I dig what you're saying and offer you no offense but some just don't care for suppressors. Or their subsequent over-inflated costs. Or the repugnant NFA regs associated with them.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:46:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

It's not so much hearing since, as you said, good EarPro will address that.

You obviously have never been next to someone using a Surefire or similar comp.

I ran a part of a class next to a buddy who was running a Grail... it was like until I moved.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ran a part of a class next to a buddy who was running a Grail... it was like until I moved.

I have.  I like the extra space it buys me.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:54:11 AM EDT
[#21]
I have that Griffin Arms Comp. Sitting in safe right now because on an 11.5 with double ear protection it was horribly loud compared to my 9.5" SBR.
Much happier now with standard birdcage.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 11:57:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's why I used a suppressor.

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:45:03 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm not going to lie, I want one just because it looks cool.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:04:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I dig what you're saying and offer you no offense but some just don't care for suppressors. Or their subsequent over-inflated costs. Or the repugnant NFA regs associated with them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are also illegal someplaces
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:13:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Hmmmm.........the possibilities this might have . . . . . .
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:25:00 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 1:27:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You sure can.  

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 2:56:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

We have a "blended" team. Some of the guys in our stack have Noveske KX3s, others have A2 FHs. Being near the open A2s when they're firing can be....obnoxious. OTOH, being near the KX3s when we're firing near barricades can be.....obnoxious.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 2:57:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Agreed
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 2:59:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, we were on a barricaded suspect call, and I was covering our beanbag guy, who was knocking out windows to the structure while he was in the turret of our Bearcat. I suddenly noticed an A2 FH sliding over my right shoulder, about 6 inches from my eye. I told the officer to get that away from me or I'd dick punch him. We used to have a Deputy that had a compensator, laying next to him on the firing line was not fun.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 5:02:57 PM EDT
[#31]
But is it forward deployed with the Rangers?

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 5:05:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ever hunt with kids?  How about shoot at a covered range with women and kids?  Muzzle Blast from a brake can give them a flinch and it is just plain rude..
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 5:06:35 PM EDT
[#33]
They should call it the de-asshole-enader
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 5:13:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thats what she said.

Looks interesting.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 5:57:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Haters gonna hate I like it. Also 1911 and no beans
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 6:02:01 PM EDT
[#36]
I always felt compensators were pushing it, but this is getting ridiculous.

Gotta tame that powerful and loud 5.56.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 6:04:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
That is a great idea.  I use my AR rifles for deer hunting and I typically take the brake off before going out to the hunting blind.   Also when I go to ranges with cover and will be shooting around women and kids on the line I try not to have a brake on.
View Quote

Exactly what I was thinking.  I can't believe I didn't think of making something similar years ago.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 6:04:38 PM EDT
[#38]
It's a silencer.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 6:08:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

I like to use my ARs for hunting, but firing a rifle with a muzzle brake and no ear pro is really uncomfortable.  I was thinking about getting a thread protector and removing the brake, but having something directing the blast forward would be better yet.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 6:12:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately they aren't legal to hunt with in many states.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 6:26:23 PM EDT
[#41]
[;D
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 6:27:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Genius!
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 6:31:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm an operator who operationally operates, and I need this.

Seriously,  I have that same Griffin flash-comp, and I love it. Have not noticed it to be that bad under a canopy, but its a 300 BLK so... maybe thats why.

Would still like to try it out.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 6:49:29 PM EDT
[#44]
I could have used one of those yesterday. I took my 5.56mm 10.5" w/ A2 FH to an indoor range yesterday and fired 180 rounds. I was wearing foam plugs + a quality headset. With the metal building indoor range (no sound deadening material anywhere), it was like being next to grenades exploding. When I got home, I thought I had a brain concussion. I am serious. I'll never shoot a 5.56mm SBR at this indoor range again.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:04:09 AM EDT
[#45]
considering the Great Bringback of Fake .22 MP5SD cans awhile back, that doodad sounds awfully like... any device for silencing, muffling, or diminishing the report of a portable firearm,

Just sayin'
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:11:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Ever hunt with kids?  How about shoot at a covered range with women and kids?  Muzzle Blast from a brake can give them a flinch and it is just plain rude..
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Falls under "just 'cause you can, doesn't mean you should."

Some assholes are just waiting to collide with other assholes.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 2:16:34 PM EDT
[#47]
I think I went to the right Griffin website but didn't see any info on the device.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 6:23:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I think I went to the right Griffin website but didn't see any info on the device.
View Quote

It hasn't been officially released yet but its in the final stages of prototypes and is entering production. The official product information will be coming soon, along with the muzzle devices themselves.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:35:14 AM EDT
[#49]
It hasn't been officially released yet but its in the final stages of prototypes and is entering production. The official product information will be coming soon, along with the muzzle devices themselves.
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 8:36:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It's a silencer.
View Quote

How do you figure
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top