Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:01:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't be too hard on Russkibear.  At least he gives us informative threads, whether you agree with his analysis or not....and he doesn't pollute the board with politics.  Thanks for the thread OP.  Let's try to leave politics out of it and concentrate on the military stuff.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:01:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Da, but first we must of killings smelly Caucasians.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The same Russians who are getting beaten back by these guys?

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/multimedia/archive/00762/161917504__762929b.jpg

Nyet, comrade. According to beloved comrade russkiebear, brave people's forces are not in smelly Ukraine!

It is all CIA Western Imperialist conspiracy. Comrade Putin assures us of this!

I must kill western pigdog who told me these lies.

Da, but first we must of killings smelly Caucasians.

I NOT FUCKING CAUCASIAN!!!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:13:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The inherent Russian problem is that it does though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP, why are you trying to argue that Russia makes anything of quality?

You guys can't even make vodka right, and you're credited with inventing the thing. The FRENCH make better vodka than you do.

When you can make quality vodka (which is what? water, potatoes and bear piss?) then you can come here and sell us on the idea that your country can make quality tanks.

You're wrong about that, but vodka making doesn't have much to do with main battle tank development.  

http://www.31dover.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1000x1000/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/3/1/31dover-russian_standard-shadow320x1000_1_.jpg

The inherent Russian problem is that it does though.

Touché
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 9:56:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

The Cossacks are learning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone else notice that this version of TheRusskieBear is a little more engaging than the last one, replies to jokes, comments a little more than the older hit and run style.  

Yet another guy using the same account it appears

The Cossacks are learning.

Apparently so.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:35:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:40:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm glad he came back to visit.
View Quote

Boom!
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:50:26 PM EDT
[#7]
This thread needs more Twilight 2000 designs.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:57:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

First, thank you for your 50 cents.
As for your first statement, I think you are wrong. Of course i may be wrong, but you are probably had experience with iraqi T-72A modifications (or with other export models of "Ural" tank) and trying to generalize it to a whole Soviet/Russian tank production.

View Quote

I have to admit USMCTanker, Bear's rebuttal was pretty much on point. I definitely thought you were reaching a bit when you claimed that the attempts at crew reduction were an admission of poor armor design. I think the argument that it is more a choice to favor strategic mobility and/or for other purposes (ammo, fuel, electronics, whatever), makes a lot more sense.

All that said Bear, this is all very nice in theory: but I think unfortunately Russia has a lot worse problems than tank design--if Russia wants to be around in 200 years, they need more babies, not more tanks. And that just hasn't been happening lately.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 10:59:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:10:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

All that said Bear, this is all very nice in theory: but I think unfortunately Russia has a lot worse problems than tank design--if Russia wants to be around in 200 years, they need more babies, not more tanks. And that just hasn't been happening lately.
View Quote

More Orthodox Slavic babies, their problem is they are getting too many Churka Muslim babies from the Caucus. Going to be a problem one day when Chechnya acts up again and you've got nearly a million Muslims and their sympathizers living in Moscow.

Also, I too like the Belorussian. I don't know why people have to talk shit to him. He never insults anybody, seems like a nice enough fella.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:29:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
  Yeah, antiradiation missiles are great.

It's still fantasy to think that we'd be sending A-10s against front line Russian forces.

Not just missiles, we're heavily invested in jamming/electronic warfare gadgetry.

Russia did it as well.

http://militaryrussia.ru/i/284/802/f2TfB.jpg

http://militaryrussia.ru/i/284/802/Osjja.jpg

https://defencerussia.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/157272494.jpg

Works great on Boeing 777's???
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:43:03 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

"We, like put a big piece of pipe over the main gun, they think its like a 160mm or something; scares the crap out of the Krauts".
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:45:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:45:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No booms.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Boom!

No booms.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 11:56:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Boom!

No booms.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 12:44:35 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

No booms.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Boom!

No booms.

Russian made primers?

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 12:48:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Russian made primers?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Boom!

No booms.

Russian made primers?

So then it's a delayed boom?
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 1:13:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Lol.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 12:41:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I have to admit USMCTanker, Bear's rebuttal was pretty much on point. I definitely thought you were reaching a bit when you claimed that the attempts at crew reduction were an admission of poor armor design. I think the argument that it is more a choice to favor strategic mobility and/or for other purposes (ammo, fuel, electronics, whatever), makes a lot more sense.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

First, thank you for your 50 cents.
As for your first statement, I think you are wrong. Of course i may be wrong, but you are probably had experience with iraqi T-72A modifications (or with other export models of "Ural" tank) and trying to generalize it to a whole Soviet/Russian tank production.

A two man tank crew is one of the stupidest ideas ever.  Trust me.  I was on a three man crew and that was terrible.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 1:48:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 1:56:14 PM EDT
[#21]
As I said in my very first post and as USMCTanker pointed out, the two man crew is going to be a big issue for running and performing maintenance on their tanks. If you have to shutdown an addition one or two tanks to have enough men to fix and maintain one tank, that cannot be a good thing.

"Quantity has a quality all of it's own". That phrase worked when Russia had more tanks than God. But here is the thing, Russia doesn't have quantity anymore, and it doesn't have quality either.

The USA has thousands of fully upgraded, first rate tanks. Russia probably only has a handful. If I remember right, Russia only had a few dozen tanks upgraded with tanks with gun stabilizers. It's really pathetic.

And just like with their new "Stealth Aircraft", it seems that Russia has relegated to just being an arms producer and seller. Where they make some new design, build a few for themselves and try to make money exporting a bunch.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:24:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The reports with funerals of regular Ru army's soldiers who supposedly KIA in Ukraine are fakes. Elena Vasileva is the most known fake-maker here. Every single report made by Vasileva was disproved with factual data. She was even awarded in Kiev for her achievements in informational war. The facts says that there is no direct involvement of regular Russian forces in Ukrainian conflict. I mean there is no artillery and rocket(non strategic) brigades of Russian Army that shelling/bombing Ukrainian positions. There is no tank, air defense or SF units that getting direct invasion to help separatist operations etc.
What evidences? One lost group of Russian paratroopers (summer 2014) after almost one year of civilian war in UA? It's doesn't conform to a claims of Ukrainian propaganda with their allegations about great number of Russia's regular army units fighting in UA against Ukrainian troops and nationalist batallions. Where is POWs from the regular Ru Army, where is captured bodies of regular Russian soldiers and officers killed in Ukraine?
Why Mr. Poroshenko had demonstrated a Russian civilian passports to "prove the aggression of regular Russian army" ? Why there is tons of fakes fabricated by the SBU (such as self-made "captured" ID card with a job position designated as  "GRU's Spy" LOL)

Yes. There's a lot of voluntaries from Russian Federation (some of them are ex-Military recruiters with a combat experience) are fighting for separatists side against so called "junta". That's true. Some of them was killed in action. That's also true. That's all.

Those are not T-72s.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Holy smokes this is andy/vito had a baby with Baghdad bob and they birthed the new spokesguy for Russia.

Cilivian war in Ukraine with no Russian involvement.

Really?

Lots of funerals for russian soldiers that they're having trouble explaining away.  some patriotic families who remember how it was are playing ball, but some are starting to make noise

The reports with funerals of regular Ru army's soldiers who supposedly KIA in Ukraine are fakes. Elena Vasileva is the most known fake-maker here. Every single report made by Vasileva was disproved with factual data. She was even awarded in Kiev for her achievements in informational war. The facts says that there is no direct involvement of regular Russian forces in Ukrainian conflict. I mean there is no artillery and rocket(non strategic) brigades of Russian Army that shelling/bombing Ukrainian positions. There is no tank, air defense or SF units that getting direct invasion to help separatist operations etc.
What evidences? One lost group of Russian paratroopers (summer 2014) after almost one year of civilian war in UA? It's doesn't conform to a claims of Ukrainian propaganda with their allegations about great number of Russia's regular army units fighting in UA against Ukrainian troops and nationalist batallions. Where is POWs from the regular Ru Army, where is captured bodies of regular Russian soldiers and officers killed in Ukraine?
Why Mr. Poroshenko had demonstrated a Russian civilian passports to "prove the aggression of regular Russian army" ? Why there is tons of fakes fabricated by the SBU (such as self-made "captured" ID card with a job position designated as  "GRU's Spy" LOL)

Yes. There's a lot of voluntaries from Russian Federation (some of them are ex-Military recruiters with a combat experience) are fighting for separatists side against so called "junta". That's true. Some of them was killed in action. That's also true. That's all.

Every time some new t72 bolt on Lego kit comes its:
Rooshan tank kooood be best tank ven it works.
(That's not a grammer error.
It's singular.)

Those are not T-72s.

Much LOLs.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:35:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Those are not T-72s.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Holy smokes this is andy/vito had a baby with Baghdad bob and they birthed the new spokesguy for Russia.

Cilivian war in Ukraine with no Russian involvement.

Really?

Lots of funerals for russian soldiers that they're having trouble explaining away.  some patriotic families who remember how it was are playing ball, but some are starting to make noise

Every time some new t72 bolt on Lego kit comes its:
Rooshan tank kooood be best tank ven it works.
(That's not a grammer error.
It's singular.)

Those are not T-72s.

Good. Then supplying Ukraine with weapons to kill non-legal combatants is good to go since there are no Russian troops in Ukraine. Look it up, Geneva convention allows this.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 2:58:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Those S-400 air defense systems are great for shooting down civilian airliners aren't they? I know the Dutch plane was a different system, that's not the point. The point is you do that and then lie about it. The US shot down an Iranian airliner during combat with Iran and we fessed up and paid the families.

Well you guys are so skilled you can do that with anything remember the Korean airliner in the 80,s ?

Listen, all Governments lie. Some do nothing but lie.

Accepting a Government's lies and crimes does not make you a Patriot. Putin has you confused on that.

You can still be a Russian Patriot and be proud of your Country but you must be willing to demand truth and openness from your Government.

America and Europe does not want to bring down Russia (we would have done that in the early 90's if that were the case).

We want a successful Russia because that means stability and BUSINESS for everybody.

Two of the Greatest Countries in the World today, Germany and Japan were America's great enemies in WWII. Now look that them Prosperous and FREE. They make their own decisions, have their own culture. Yes America has some sway over them due to the fact that we took over the defense thing to make sure they did not rearm. But they are free! Nazi Germany and Japan are now great Nations and Proud people. Most ofthe Nations that were under Russia after WWII want to be away from Russia. They've had enough of the bullshit and domination.

Sure we will have conflicts. Everybody does. But we mean you no ill will. After Communism fell America and Europe thought the War was over and we never gave you another thought.

You PowerMad and Paranoid leaders are telling you that we are out to destroy your culture. We in the West see many things in our Culture that are not right. and You can keep your culture as much as you wish WITHOUT being at War with the West.

Most of the perceived danger to your Culture from the West is from the Radical Leftist (Marxists) Revolutionaries that RUSSIA supported (or even created) to help weaken the West. Now you don't want that virus coming home huh? Good job idiots....

Your leaders are lying to you on every major issue and they will 'thow you under the bus' as soon as it suits them.

Hate America all you want but 99% of Americans don't even think about Russia. Yes, yes some of our Elites/Leaders are caught up in the 'Great Game' but not all of them and certainly not the people.We are busy with OUR lives, our families our jobs and such. And Russia is not under threat from Denmark, the Dutch, France, Poland and so on - How absurd!!!

None of the former Warsaw pact/Eastern Europe want to have anything to do with you!. And now the same with Western Europe!!! That is a lot of countries and people that are looking at you with shock and distrust and fear. That should speak VOLUMES to you! That's like your coworkers, neighbors and family ALL disliking you and ignoring you. And you see that as ALL their fault???? That's called Delusional!!!

Start by ingoring Putin and the Silivoki. Russia can be STRONG and PROUD without them. Reach out to your neighbors and do not threaten them. Russian citizens in Estonia, Donbass, Kazakhstan and else where are not in Mortal danger. If they were they could move a FEW kilometers and be back in the Russian Federation!

therusskibear - Be Proud, be Strong but don't be stupid.

Russia will never be a Great Nation until it learns to be a Good one first.

All for all the members that are happy he is posting here and want to avoid politics.....well I am happy he is here but you need to do some more reading. The situation in Russia is TOTAL PROPAGANDA on a War Footing against America and Europe. They have their people convinced we are trying to destroy them. Read Putin's speech from just two days ago!!!! This is not just 'blowhard BS' for the cameras this is serious talk (lies) We need to convince the Russian People that we mean them no harm and wish them well or we won't be talking about tanks but using them.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 4:24:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
As I said in my very first post and as USMCTanker pointed out, the two man crew is going to be a big issue for running and performing maintenance on their tanks. If you have to shutdown an addition one or two tanks to have enough men to fix and maintain one tank, that cannot be a good thing.

"Quantity has a quality all of it's own". That phrase worked when Russia had more tanks than God. But here is the thing, Russia doesn't have quantity anymore, and it doesn't have quality either.

The USA has thousands of fully upgraded, first rate tanks. Russia probably only has a handful. If I remember right, Russia only had a few dozen tanks upgraded with tanks with gun stabilizers. It's really pathetic.

And just like with their new "Stealth Aircraft", it seems that Russia has relegated to just being an arms producer and seller. Where they make some new design, build a few for themselves and try to make money exporting a bunch.
View Quote

Russia is like a tweaker that sells his own cook.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 4:41:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nyet, comrade. According to beloved comrade russkiebear, brave people's forces are not in smelly Ukraine!

Point of Order:

Comrade Putin admitted to Russian troops being used in Crimea and Russian troops are now stationed in occupied Crimea. Therefore, any claims of no Russian troops in Ukraine are patently false.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 4:58:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Well, duh, we know that's your job. Do you share cubicle space with JohnT83 and NBCMarine?

el oh fucking el
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, duh, we know that's your job. Do you share cubicle space with JohnT83 and NBCMarine?

el oh fucking el

beetlejuice
beetlejuice
beetlejuice
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:12:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

You gotta love it when Neos are fighting for a gov run by two Jewish guys.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 5:49:02 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Point of Order:
Comrade Putin admitted to Russian troops being used in Crimea and Russian troops are now stationed in occupied Crimea. Therefore, any claims of no Russian troops in Ukraine are patently false.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Point of Order:

Not only that he admitted he don't have total control of Russia military forces. He also admitted he lost control of the Ukraine invasion. keep in mind, its all on video so no one misprinted what was said.
http://www.newsweek.com/ukraine-invasion-has-slipped-beyond-putins-control-316755
It would be interesting to see our next generation tank compare to the Russian in the coming year. One think is certain tho we have a faster fire rate due to it being manual load.

Link Posted: 3/28/2015 6:38:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Russia's a pyromaniac pretending they're a fireman.
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:23:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Not only that he admitted he don't have total control of Russia military forces. He also admitted he lost control of the Ukraine invasion. keep in mind, its all on video so no one misprinted what was said.

http://www.newsweek.com/ukraine-invasion-has-slipped-beyond-putins-control-316755

It would be interesting to see our next generation tank compare to the Russian in the coming year. One think is certain tho we have a faster fire rate due to it being manual load.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Point of Order:

When you only have two dozen rounds in the turret, a slower firing rate is a feature, not a defect.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2015 8:32:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Thats a sweet armor target
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 4:40:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Armata's MBT estimated exterior

Link Posted: 4/1/2015 5:06:17 AM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Where's the ammo rack?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 5:28:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Where's the ammo rack?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Where's the ammo rack?

One tank gets a gun the one behind it gets the ammo.
When the tank with gun gets killed the tank behind it will pick up the gun and keep advancing.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 5:30:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

When the tank with gun gets killed the tank behind it will pick up the gun and keep advancing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where's the ammo rack?

Or they just dig potatoes out of the permafrost.

A frozen spud can punch through reactive ammo at 5000 feet, or be distilled into glorious vodka to fuel engine and gunner.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 5:46:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Do you mean a modern day Russian army, its NCO corps, logistic abilities etc?

Russian army has the strongest ground forces in the world.
http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=Russia
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol Russia.

Come talk to us when you have a professional NCO corp worth a shit, you have the ability to un-garrison your troops, and most importantly have the ability to project those troops both logistically and economically.

Until then, these are just more pop top tanks that Russia can deploy in fewer numbers.

Do you mean a modern day Russian army, its NCO corps, logistic abilities etc?

Russian army has the strongest ground forces in the world.
http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=Russia

Da, Da, Russian Army is best army.... <LOL>
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 5:52:42 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

What's wrong with globalfirepower?

How you can estimate an modern-day Russian army objectively? Today's armed forces of Russian Federation havn't seen in a full action (with exception of a lot of training manoeuvres/exercises)
First Chechen campaign - the Army was nearly demolished during the Eltsin period.
Second Chechen campaign - the Army had a few of improvements (first NCO units get involved into operations in a big numbers etc.)
Russian-Georgian war (so called "pacification of Georgia" operation) - the reforms and modernization program had only began.
Civilian war in Ukraine - no direct intervention of Russian army.

Russian economy is far from being in a poor(the worst) condition. One or two years from this time and it would be on a way of recovery and growth.

Russia attemping to replace all "rusing" tanks and APCs with modern platforms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol
First off globalfirepower really, that's your source.

What's wrong with globalfirepower?

Second, do you know what a professional NCO corp is? Third, Logistically the Russian's have proven just how inept they are at logistics in pretty much every conflict they have been in since the fall of communism

How you can estimate an modern-day Russian army objectively? Today's armed forces of Russian Federation havn't seen in a full action (with exception of a lot of training manoeuvres/exercises)
First Chechen campaign - the Army was nearly demolished during the Eltsin period.
Second Chechen campaign - the Army had a few of improvements (first NCO units get involved into operations in a big numbers etc.)
Russian-Georgian war (so called "pacification of Georgia" operation) - the reforms and modernization program had only began.
Civilian war in Ukraine - no direct intervention of Russian army.

and Russia's economy is circling the drain.

Russian economy is far from being in a poor(the worst) condition. One or two years from this time and it would be on a way of recovery and growth.

Having a bunch of rusting tanks and APC's does not make an army powerful.

Russia attemping to replace all "rusing" tanks and APCs with modern platforms.

Oh my God, you know what, comrade? Your answers are so pathetic that I'm going to treat you with kindness and just ignore you... Sure, special needs kid, spokesman for special needs army, Russia Army is #1...
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 9:55:00 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Where's the ammo rack?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Where's the ammo rack?

Carousel autoloader located under the unmanned turret (supposedly) . Assumedly, there is an additional robotized ammunition stowage in the niche behind the turret (maybe as a separate optional module).
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:21:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Carousel autoloader located under the unmanned turret (supposedly) . Assumedly, there is an additional robotized ammunition stowage in the niche behind the turret (maybe as a separate optional module).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where's the ammo rack?

Sticking with the carousel loader huh? Good luck with that, it's been so successful over the last 40 years.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:25:05 AM EDT
[#41]
It will be amusing seeing all 7 of them blown up in Grozny when Putin's plan to inject more Islam into Chechnya backfires. Those chickens are certain to come home to roost and it'll provide some great Live Leak clips.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:28:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

A two man tank crew is one of the stupidest ideas ever.  Trust me.  I was on a three man crew and that was terrible.
View Quote

Deploying a fighting vehicle without enough people inside to even post a proper watch over it when it's stopped seems a little... optimistic.  
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:29:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where's the ammo rack?

What did you think of Lukashenko saying the US needed to get involved in the peace process in Ukraine? It seemed that he was shunning Putin, or at least hedging his bets. I'm betting the Russian sanctions are hurting Belarus pretty hard by extension?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:37:23 AM EDT
[#44]
TL;DR

Could we get some Reaper guys to develop a small armour-piercing HARM's.  With every T-95 emitting, it would be raining shit on them in no time.

TC
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:43:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I like the sound of an unmanned turret with a separate armored crew capsule.

Here come the drone tanks in about ten more years.

View Quote

Drone tanks need drones to reset drone tracks when they're thrown.

Drone tanks need drones to perform drone field maintenance.

ETA: I have an idea, Russians are cheaper than drones.  Let's use those instead.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 11:15:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Why does Russia think it can get into another arms race with the USA. When Russia's economy is collapsing. Belarus is demanding trade from Russia in USD instead of Rubles. And Russia is no where near as strong as the Soviet Union?
View Quote

I don't think they're in an arms race with us, or that they think they're in an arms race with us.

All they have to worry about are their immediate neighbors.   I mean, with Obama in office, would you worry about the US at all?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 3:12:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Yeah, I don't think Russia is interested in an arms race. They want to keep up enough to bully their neighbors and get some third world sales but they're smart enough to have learned their lesson in going dollar for dollar with us. Russia's biggest fear is being 'surrounded' by NATO or at least unfriendly US allies. If they can't have the Empire or SU back they at least want their neighbors to be neutral to pro-Russian. Their paranoia will not let them have "western" allies right on their borders. And 'Murica! aside, I can kinda understand their opinion.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 4:04:05 PM EDT
[#48]
It's not so much of an arms race as simple business. Lots of countries have Russian weapons. So just like Apple wants you to buy their iPhone 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, etc the Russians figure there is some money to be made off selling the latest and greatest to existing customers.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 4:31:59 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Deploying a fighting vehicle without enough people inside to even post a proper watch over it when it's stopped seems a little... optimistic.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Armata" (at least MBT built on it) will have three-man crew

Quoted:
It's not so much of an arms race as simple business. Lots of countries have Russian weapons. So just like Apple wants you to buy their iPhone 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, etc the Russians figure there is some money to be made off selling the latest and greatest to existing customers.

All Armata-based vehicles will be prohibited for export. Russian MoD is only customer.
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 4:41:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
This thread needs more Twilight 2000 designs.

http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o627/AGRA105/M1A2.png
View Quote

I remember playing Twilight 2000 back in the day; really good RPG.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top