Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:03:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why Mr. Poroshenko had demonstrated a Russian civilian passports to "prove the aggression of regular Russian army" ? Why there is tons of fakes fabricated by the SBU (such as self-made "captured" ID card with a job position designated as  "GRU's Spy" LOL)

Yes. There's a lot of voluntaries from Russian Federation (some of them are ex-Military recruiters with a combat experience) are fighting for separatists side against so called "junta". That's true. Some of them was killed in action. That's also true. That's all.
View Quote

Well, duh, we know that's your job. Do you share cubicle space with JohnT83 and NBCMarine?

el oh fucking el
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:06:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Why Mr. Poroshenko had demonstrated a Russian civilian passports to "prove the aggression of regular Russian army" ? Why there is tons of fakes fabricated by the SBU (such as self-made "captured" ID card with a job position designated as  "GRU's Spy" LOL)

Yes. There's a lot of voluntaries from Russian Federation (some of them are ex-Military recruiters with a combat experience) are fighting for separatists side against so called "junta". That's true. Some of them was killed in action. That's also true. That's all.
View Quote

Well, duh, we know that's your job. Do you share cubicle space with JohnT83 and NBCMarine?

el oh fucking el
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:07:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Gonna be pretty hard to support all these new tanks with only 30% of their air force still flying.
View Quote

Soliders of brave motherland will recieve support of many logistics from local kulaks
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:11:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
lol Russia.

Come talk to us when you have a professional NCO corp worth a shit, you have the ability to un-garrison your troops, and most importantly have the ability to project those troops both logistically and economically.

Until then, these are just more pop top tanks that Russia can deploy in fewer numbers.
View Quote

You beat me to it - I was gonna ask if the turrets fly into the air any higher then existing Russkie tanks when their ammo blows.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:12:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You beat me to it - I was gonna ask if the turrets fly into the air any higher then existing Russkie tanks when their ammo blows.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol Russia.

Come talk to us when you have a professional NCO corp worth a shit, you have the ability to un-garrison your troops, and most importantly have the ability to project those troops both logistically and economically.

Until then, these are just more pop top tanks that Russia can deploy in fewer numbers.

With the bigger powder charge...it just might.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:12:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Those dudes are flying in a Russian plane, and jumping out using Russian made and packed parachutes.  They've got bigger balls than I do.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Russia's military should stick to what it does best.  Sodomy and making music videos.

http://youtu.be/0rAHrHd2lcw

Those dudes are flying in a Russian plane, and jumping out using Russian made and packed parachutes.  They've got bigger balls than I do.

Sleeping in a Russian barracks is far braver.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:14:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That's why we have really bad ass missiles that are made to destroy those ADA sites.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice Warthog bait.

And GD's delusional love affair with a cool but totally obsolete CAS aircraft continues.

Nothing obsolete about a missile hauler.

That's true, but it has to live long enough to get in range to launch its missiles.

The Soviets didn't do many things really well, but one of the few things they did (and continue to do) well is ADA.

That's why we have really bad ass missiles that are made to destroy those ADA sites.

There is HARM killer:
http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-SAM-DefAids.html#mozTocId535952

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:16:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There is HARM killer:
http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-SAM-DefAids.html#mozTocId535952

View Quote

lulz
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:17:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

el oh fucking el
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

el oh fucking el

Job position - "Spy"

LOL

An example of fake fabricated by Ukrainian propaganda machine
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:21:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How you can estimate an modern-day Russian army objectively? Today's armed forces of Russian Federation havn't seen in a full action (with exception of a lot of training manoeuvres/exercises)
First Chechen campaign - the Army was nearly demolished during the Eltsin period.
Second Chechen campaign - the Army had a few of improvements (first NCO units get involved into operations in a big numbers etc.)
Russian-Georgian war (so called "pacification of Georgia" operation) - the reforms and modernization program had only began.
Civilian war in Ukraine - no direct intervention of Russian army.

View Quote

Sorry I'm late to the party but I couldn't help but LOL....
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:25:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Yeah, antiradiation missiles are great.

It's still fantasy to think that we'd be sending A-10s against front line Russian forces.

View Quote

Not just missiles, we're heavily invested in jamming/electronic warfare gadgetry.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:26:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How you can estimate an modern-day Russian army objectively? Today's armed forces of Russian Federation havn't seen in a full action (with exception of a lot of training manoeuvres/exercises)
First Chechen campaign - the Army was nearly demolished during the Eltsin period.
Second Chechen campaign - the Army had a few of improvements (first NCO units get involved into operations in a big numbers etc.)
Russian-Georgian war (so called "pacification of Georgia" operation) - the reforms and modernization program had only began.

There is a pretty sizable Russian/Belarusian/Ukrainian population where I live.  They take shit like the National Enquirer as fact.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:32:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Does it have a built-in breathalizer for the crew before starting the engine?
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:34:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Not just missiles, we're heavily invested in jamming/electronic warfare gadgetry.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's still fantasy to think that we'd be sending A-10s against front line Russian forces.

Russia did it as well.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:37:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:37:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:40:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Russia did it as well.

http://militaryrussia.ru/i/284/802/f2TfB.jpg

http://militaryrussia.ru/i/284/802/Osjja.jpg

https://defencerussia.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/157272494.jpg

I love how networked those S-400s are.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:42:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

TIL: 30km equal 10,000ft.

More seriously, can you tell me the name of the song these girls are singing, it's pretty catchy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP8JlQq0FBQ
Do you know if it's cover? and if so, who sang the original version?

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 12:44:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Do you mean a modern day Russian army, its NCO corps, logistic abilities etc?

Russian army has the strongest ground forces in the world.
http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=Russia
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Do you mean a modern day Russian army, its NCO corps, logistic abilities etc?

Russian army has the strongest ground forces in the world.
http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=Russia

That had it's ass kicked by tiny Georgia?

Come on dude, put the pipe down.

It was never in doubt that Russia would defeat the much smaller and less well-equipped Georgian force, but the manner of the victory exposed some shortcomings:

* Anatoly Khrulyev, the commander of the 58th army which spearheaded the operation, was wounded in a Georgian attack on day two of the Russian deployment.

Media reports said he was traveling in a column of armored personnel carriers (APCs), along with a group of Russian journalists, when they were ambushed by Georgian troops.

Analysts said Russian APCs are not well protected against strikes by large-caliber weapons or land mines, which is one reason why troops often prefer to travel on top.

* Russia said four of its aircraft -- including one Tupolev-22 long-range supersonic bomber -- were shot down by Georgia's air defenses.

"It was remarkable that they shot down a number of Russian fighters, which Russia probably did not expect," said Lieutenant-Colonel Dr. Marcel de Haas, Russia and security expert at the Netherlands Institute of International Relations Clingendael.

Analysts said Russia failed to destroy Georgia's anti-aircraft systems fast enough, probably because they did not have the aerial reconnaissance to establish where they were.

"Initial reconnaissance was difficult," Anatoly Nogovitsyn, deputy chief of Russia's General Staff, told Reuters. "We will be introducing serious changes, the use of unmanned aerial vehicles, for example."

* Russia's tactics broadly followed a Soviet pattern, with an air and artillery attack followed by the deployment of a large ground force.

Analysts said the need to send in a large ground force may have been dictated by a shortage of precision-guided missiles.

"Missiles and rockets would negate the need for large-scale troop deployments in the way they had to carry them out," said Colonel Christopher Langton, Senior Fellow at the London-based International Institute for Strategic Studies.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:20:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Who is the ARFcom tanker who used to say "I love Russian tanks, they burn so bright!"

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:27:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

http://rusvesna.su/sites/default/files/styles/orign_wm/public/nwcc2die.jpg?itok=fGOBdN3Z

Job position - "Spy"

LOL

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

el oh fucking el

http://rusvesna.su/sites/default/files/styles/orign_wm/public/nwcc2die.jpg?itok=fGOBdN3Z

Job position - "Spy"

LOL

My electronic response passed over your cranium at high altitude, tovarsh.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:32:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Meh... they'll build 4 of them before they run out of cash.  Still rely heavily on legacy T-72/T-80.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:35:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

CLABA YKPAiHi

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CLABA YKPAiHi

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:36:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Yep, turn on that radar, I double-dog dare ya!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like the sound of an unmanned turret with a separate armored crew capsule.

Here come the drone tanks in about ten more years.

The Armata platform was designed with a total automation in mind.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice Warthog bait.

The Iraqis shot down 5 or 6 of those. I'm sure they'll do great in a less permissive environment.

I guess how a tank radars would deal with air threats. There are rumors that T-95 MBT had modified 9M311 SAM missiles in its armament (in autoloader's carousel)

Yep, turn on that radar, I double-dog dare ya!  

That was my thought.  A tank with active radar is an easily found target.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:42:04 PM EDT
[#25]
I think the Russians should take a company-sized unit of their best armored shit, and put it up against one of our National Guard units.

We'll meet on neutral ground.   Maybe an island in the Pacific. The Russians will have to solicit donations so that they can hire a Somali shipping company to move their shit for them.   Maybe the guys at WarGaming.net could do a fundraiser for them.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:43:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Meh... they'll build 4 of them before they run out of cash.  Still rely heavily on legacy T-72/T-80.
View Quote

They just need 1 of the 4 to stay rust-free long enough to show it off to some African dictatorr with a checkbook.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:44:13 PM EDT
[#27]
The "T-95" appears to be the wrong answer to Russia's lack of a viable MBT that can fight and win against modern western tanks such as the M1A2 SEP, Leopard 2A5/A6, Challenger II, or French LeClerc.  

For one, the main gun has been increased significantly in size to 152mm, which tells me Russia lacks the R&D to field an effective APFSDSDU long rod penetrator that can defeat western armor without radically increasing the size of the main gun.  I find this surprising, since the Russians have (or used to have) a pool of very capable scientists and engineers who understood higher mathematics without the use of computers.  With the aid of computers like they have now, you'd think they'd be in a better position to develop better munitions.  Perhaps production of DU or TC is beyond their industrial or economic capacity due to complexity or costs, or both.  Anyway, the current generation of Russian tanks seem to be incapable of being upgraded any further, which also tells me their 125mm main gun will never be effective against tanks it was designed to fight against.

The two man crew is an admission that the Russian tank design bureaus couldn't develop modern composite armor light enough to build a tank to accommodate at least a three man crew like their existing MBTs.  The decision to design the tank around the two man concept was most likely a concession to keeping the weight of the tank down to levels that didn't impede mobility.  Bear in mind that the Russians rely heavily on ERA to defeat enemy tank main gun munitions as it is.  That in and of itself tells you they haven't developed any armor arrays as capable as those used by the West since the 1980s.  

Additionally, a two man crew leaves the tank with fewer eyes to scan for threats, and less labor to perform operator-level PMCS.  Crewing a tank isn't just a "push button" form of fighting confined to the hull and turret; you still need crewmen to prepare the tank for operations, to effect repairs before and after crossing the LOD, to scan and identify threats, to constantly maintain weapons and the tank itself, to perform as LP/OPs in the defense, to tie in to friendly forces on the flanks, to conduct dismounted patrols, etc.  If the crew is relying on sensors (various optics) to fight the tank, then they're vulnerable to mechanical malfunction either from everyday use in an operational environment, or from impacts from enemy KE munitions and ATGMs while in the fight.  Equally bad, is that I don't see how you could integrate a straight-up optical auxiliary sight with just a simple reticle, mil lines for lead, and a stadia range finder  (IOWs no electronic automatic inputs to generate a ballistic solution) with a gunner who sits in the hull.  Maybe they can.

I admire the Russians for not being afraid to field new technology and concepts, but I don't believe the T-95 will be a competitive design against modern western MBTs.  Unless there's something we're not seeing, it looks like it's performance will be limited by severe design limitations that western tank crews do not contend with.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:51:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Ever since the commie empire went tits-up under the weight of all that vodka bloat we've been seeing these "next generation" weapons every two or three years.  

However, the unfortunate souls that are too dumb to dodge service in the Russian "army" (using the term loosely) still make do with the same rusty shit they've had since 1991.

Making a mock-up one-off with an optimistic spec sheet don't mean shit.

Keep trying Ivan.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:01:05 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

The Russian Government apparently is backing a plan to connect a highway that would lead through Russia to Europe and the USA (Alaska).  Would mean that you could actually drive to Russia or anywhere in Europe.

Apparently Putin has some hand picked successor to take over for him who is a Railroad Tycoon in Russia who is pushing the highway plan.

View Quote
Such a ROAD would be the greatest  public works project so far this century.

I would  ride that road, from end to end.

It  would be a  HUGE fucking HUGE tourist attraction.

Opening up  an all weather, year round  Trans-Siberian  highway, connecting Europe to the Bering sea would be .... World -Changing.

Imagine  Riding from the East coast of the USA.... all the way to England... Fucking amazing.

I would  take a month off work, just to do that.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:23:18 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

The "T-95" appears to be the wrong answer to Russia's lack of a viable MBT that can fight and win against modern western tanks such as the M1A2 SEP, Leopard 2A5/A6, Challenger II, or French LeClerc.  

For one, the main gun has been increased significantly in size to 152mm, which tells me Russia lacks the R&D to field an effective APFSDSDU long rod penetrator that can defeat western armor without radically increasing the size of the main gun.  I find this surprising, since the Russians have (or used to have) a pool of very capable scientists and engineers who understood higher mathematics without the use of computers.  With the aid of computers like they have now, you'd think they'd be in a better position to develop better munitions.  Perhaps production of DU or TC is beyond their industrial or economic capacity due to complexity or costs, or both.  Anyway, the current generation of Russian tanks seem to be incapable of being upgraded any further, which also tells me their 125mm main gun will never be effective against tanks it was designed to fight against.

The two man crew is an admission that the Russian tank design bureaus couldn't develop modern composite armor light enough to build a tank to accommodate at least a three man crew like their existing MBTs.  The decision to design the tank around the two man concept was most likely a concession to keeping the weight of the tank down to levels that didn't impede mobility.  Bear in mind that the Russians rely heavily on ERA to defeat enemy tank main gun munitions as it is.  That in and of itself tells you they haven't developed any armor arrays as capable as those used by the West since the 1980s.  

Additionally, a two man crew leaves the tank with fewer eyes to scan for threats, and less labor to perform operator-level PMCS.  Crewing a tank isn't just a "push button" form of fighting confined to the hull and turret; you still need crewmen to prepare the tank for operations, to effect repairs before and after crossing the LOD, to scan and identify threats, to constantly maintain weapons and the tank itself, to perform as LP/OPs in the defense, to tie in to friendly forces on the flanks, to conduct dismounted patrols, etc.  If the crew is relying on sensors (various optics) to fight the tank, then they're vulnerable to mechanical malfunction either from everyday use in an operational environment, or from impacts from enemy KE munitions and ATGMs while in the fight.  Equally bad, is that I don't see how you could integrate a straight-up optical auxiliary sight with just a simple reticle, mil lines for lead, and a stadia range finder  (IOWs no electronic automatic inputs to generate a ballistic solution) with a gunner who sits in the hull.  Maybe they can.

I admire the Russians for not being afraid to field new technology and concepts, but I don't believe the T-95 will be a competitive design against modern western MBTs.  Unless there's something we're not seeing, it looks like it's performance will be limited by severe design limitations that western tank crews do not contend with.
View Quote

Nice write-up.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:36:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

He was killed by the attack of on-duty bear after bear got vodka poisoning.
I am the new guy who strictly rejecting alcohol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh great, you're back.

It's been a while, did the other guy get fired?

"Professional" Russian Internet Trollers Warehouse
No, I got it immediately -- as long as I met my quota. It's a real factory. There are production quotas, and for meeting your quota you get 45,000. The quota is 135 comments per 12-hour shift.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:39:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Their problem is their autoloaders necessitate ring sabots instead of spindle sabots, which causes much larger fins than spindle sabots, both increasing wind effects and reducing effective ranges because of the drag penalty they incurs.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:39:59 PM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh great, you're back.

It's been a while, did the other guy get fired?

"Professional" Russian Internet Trollers Warehouse
No, I got it immediately -- as long as I met my quota. It's a real factory. There are production quotas, and for meeting your quota you get 45,000. The quota is 135 comments per 12-hour shift.

Just another case of "throw everything out there, see what sticks" approach to acquiring defense-related information from whatever source they can get it from.

I've always imagined posters like the OP to be interns from a pool of future intelligence officers.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:40:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
http://se.uploads.ru/t/y1Tw7.jpg

Look at the T-95's turret:

-    152mm gun
-    30mm auxiliary automatic gun
-    Panoramic sight
-    Tank radar (supposedly)
-    Radars of the active protection system and its hard-kill units (mini-cannons).
-    Smoke grenade launchers (or aerosol charges launchers as a part of soft-kill active protection system, "Shtora" successor).
View Quote

There are many aspects to this picture that only a troll can appreciate.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:40:49 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

We are well placed to fund an arms race.

http://i.imgur.com/BZgeH7q.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why does Russia think it can get into another arms race with the USA. When Russia's economy is collapsing. Belarus is demanding trade from Russia in USD instead of Rubles. And Russia is no where near as strong as the Soviet Union?

Because they can count on socialist liberals and fiscal hawk conservatives refusing to get into one.

Rooskies are bunch of imbred, drunken retards. They couldn't afford a arms race with us before.  They damn sure can't afford one when oil prices have collapsed.

We are well placed to fund an arms race.

http://i.imgur.com/BZgeH7q.jpg

You forgot to factor in National assets as well.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:43:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Their problem is their autoloaders necessitate ring sabots instead of spindle sabots, which causes much larger fins than spindle sabots, both increasing wind effects and reducing effective ranges because of the drag penalty they incurs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be damned (not forever, just for now).

Their ammo seems to lag behind U.S. munitions in more than a few aspects.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:44:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://se.uploads.ru/t/y1Tw7.jpg

Look at the T-95's turret:

-    152mm gun
-    30mm auxiliary automatic gun
-    Panoramic sight
-    Tank radar (supposedly)
-    Radars of the active protection system and its hard-kill units (mini-cannons).
-    Smoke grenade launchers (or aerosol charges launchers as a part of soft-kill active protection system, "Shtora" successor).

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/ee/A_U.S._Soldier_with_the_2nd_Cavalry_Regiment_prepares_to_fire_a_Javelin_shoulder-fired_anti-tank_missile_during_a_decisive_action_training_environment_exercise_121025-A-YC341-003.jpg

There are many aspects to this picture that only a troll can appreciate.

Oh geez.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:47:31 PM EDT
[#38]
The Armata has been in development for a while, if I could get youtube working I'd post a video of them moving it on a truck, it's covered pretty good though. It's not a game-changer but it is a nice tank that's going to have APCs and such of the same design.

Also Russian anti-air is second to none whether it's going against ICBMs or the best 'stealth' bombers nothing gets into Moscow, other areas are slightly more vulnerable but not much.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:48:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
The Armata has been in development for a while, if I could get youtube working I'd post a video of them moving it on a truck, it's covered pretty good though. It's not a game-changer but it is a nice tank that's going to have APCs and such of the same design.

Also Russian anti-air is second to none whether it's going against ICBMs or the best 'stealth' bombers nothing gets into Moscow, other areas are slightly more vulnerable but not much.
View Quote

If you say so.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:50:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe on paper.  But ComBloc anti-air has been scarcely tested since the Linebacker raids.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:54:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Hey comrade, I have a great idea for you to relay to your boss vlad.  Tell him don't start nothing, won't be nothing.
How about ya'll just get your commie asses out of Ukraine and quit invading, annexing and occupying other countries.
Just be happy with your own drunk nation.
Sincerely, the rest of the world.

Except of course your commie allies who like you for the free shit you give them, and I do mean "shit"
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:54:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Oh geez.
View Quote

You catch it?  Wikepedia of all places at that! Hilarious!

Look closely, yes you Tomislav and Primorski/therusskibear
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:56:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh geez.

It's just... right there.

That's soldiers gotta be so proud that's on there.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:58:23 PM EDT
[#44]
How many will the have 10?
They already reduced the numbers of their new fighter to an astounding total of 12.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 2:59:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Needs moar Warthog.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:01:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

THAT IS HILARIOUS!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:03:00 PM EDT
[#47]
therusskibear:

you said this in one of your posts:

So tell me who shot down the civilian passenger jet last year? Rebels yea sure and the commies...I mean Russian army is not using its arty in Ukraine right know either right.

Hope to see some vids in the near future of new Russian tanks popping there tops from the Ukraine military shooting them up while they are fighting the Soviets I mean Russians no no I meant those pesky rebels.

And did I read that right that the new tank may have a 152mm main gun and a 30mm canon as well?

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:04:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

How many nations have the industrial and intellectual capacity to develop and produce air defense systems?

US
Britain
France
Russia
Sweden

Russia's have been copies of US systems from day 1.  Look at the Nike Ajax and the SA-2, for example.

Russia's biggest problems are within, not outside her borders.  That is very clear if you have ever visited the place.  Bolsheviks destroyed it over a period of decades, from which there is no recovery.

What will Russia's borders look like 10 years from now?  That is the question.

Instead of taking the opportunity to invite foreign investment in with above-board practices, people were able to see the Kleptocracy within for what it is, and pulled out if they that had any sound interests in their long term business viability.

You've doomed Russia to a very bleak outcome that simply can't be sustained.  Attempts at improving the military will only strain the system further, leading to even lower standards of living for anyone unfortunate enough to have been born there.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:09:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Sooner or later China is gonna rape them from behind and take a good chunk of their eastern side.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 3:12:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Sooner or later China is gonna rape them from behind and take a good chunk of their eastern side.
View Quote

It's terrifying, but I can see the Chinese coming to the conclusion that they would actually be better off  with a couple hundred million fewer people and a big chunk of new territory.    
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top