Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 1:30:13 PM EDT
[#1]
And if it had been shipped in an envelope and was damaged you'd be complaining it wasn't shipped in a box.

Link Posted: 12/26/2012 1:30:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Just reuse the box.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 1:34:43 PM EDT
[#3]
you didn't see the thread about Midway's shipping, did you?
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 1:49:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Lastly, when you order this you'd think it comes with the QD swivel, wouldn't you?

http://www.brownells.com/userdocs/products/p_100004756_1.gif

No, not at all. The page clearly shows two different prices for two different parts. The description even mentions a single piece to be used with the other piece.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 3:00:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
And if it had been shipped in an envelope and was damaged you'd be complaining it wasn't shipped in a box.

No I wouldn't. Nor would something like this be likely to end up damaged in a 3x5 padded mailer.

Quoted:

No I didn't. I've been ordering from them for years. Did something happen?

Quoted:
Quoted:

Lastly, when you order this you'd think it comes with the QD swivel, wouldn't you?

No, not at all. The page clearly shows two different prices for two different parts. The description even mentions a single piece to be used with the other piece.

NOVESKE RIFLEWORKS LLC - AR15/M16 QD SLING ADAPTER & SWIVEL
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 3:03:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's not obvious. What other online retailer lists things like this? Why would they put them on the same page even?

Every good retailer does this. They're grouping like items together on a single page, with add-to-cart options for each product. It makes it easier to add multiple items to your cart without going to multiple pages. Do you really want to shop on a website that requires you to click/load a separate page for every single item you want to order?

Suggested or related stuff, sure. But a picture of the two items together, the header/title listing the two separate items together. I can't recall seeing this. I'm not new to online shopping, I buy most everything online except certain hardware and groceries and have for several years.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:24:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Update in OP
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:43:02 PM EDT
[#8]
LMAO
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 5:47:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I received 3 barrel links for my 1911 in one of those box. Nearly thought they weren't in the box at first glance.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:46:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I ordered a free catalog from their sister company Sinclair... It came in a huge box like that with air packs! I was like "WTF?"

I was all excited, thinkin they fucked up and sent me something cool, cause it was heavy... Nope just 2 copies of the same catalog
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:54:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I ordered a free catalog from their sister company Sinclair... It came in a huge box like that with air packs! I was like "WTF?"

I was all excited, thinkin they fucked up and sent me something cool, cause it was heavy... Nope just 2 copies of the same catalog

When I get the small catalog it is just the catalog. When I get the big catalog it comes wrapped in plastic. No boxes but still free.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:59:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I bought one extractor and it came in the same size box.

They don't have their "small light package" rate or whatever they call it anymore? I ordered some detents and gas rings a couple years ago. $3 shipping and it came in a bubblewrap envelope.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:03:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 7:22:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bought one extractor and it came in the same size box.

They don't have their "small light package" rate or whatever they call it anymore? I ordered some detents and gas rings a couple years ago. $3 shipping and it came in a bubblewrap envelope.

Yes they still have it.  There must be a FSA hippy in shipping that hates his job.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 9:07:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No I wouldn't. Nor would something like this be likely to end up damaged in a 3x5 padded mailer.

Quoted:

No I didn't. I've been ordering from them for years. Did something happen?

Quoted:
Quoted:

NOVESKE RIFLEWORKS LLC - AR15/M16 QD SLING ADAPTER & SWIVEL

You click a section of rifle you need parts for, shows many pics of available choices including yours with 2 parts shown. You click it and see the two parts, and on the right it shows that you can order both separately.

Have you never ordered car parts online? You click engine, and work your way down for engine stuff. They might have a picture of an engine disassembled with all the parts listed...would you expect the whole engine?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:17:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:18:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Had a spring sent in the same size box
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:28:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Go ya one better.
I snail mail ordered some parts from Numrich several years ago.  About $60.00 worth of stuff & thought, hey that plastic 1911 bushing wrench could be handy.  Cool it's only 85¢.

That was back when they had a $7.95 min shipping charge.

I got my box a couple weeks later.  It contained ONLY the plastic 1911 bushing wrench & a note saying the other parts were no longer available.  Yep, charged me $7.95 shipping.

A call to complain about their stupidity went no where.  I have not bought anything from them since.

Had a similar experience and stopped doing business with them as well. Thought they went tits up long ago.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:33:35 PM EDT
[#19]
ordered a bunch of xbox 360 games from microsoft store on black friday for 9$ each.

i got 3 stuffed into a tight envelope that was busting at the seams and had broken cases and then a single one shipped in this big box with no packing peanuts or bubblewrap

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:50:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Summit Racing does the same shit.  This tiny bottle was all alone in this huge box...

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top