Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 6:45:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am not a veteran so I am asking others to put their lives on the line for me.  This is an attack on my home and yours and we have no choice but carry the war forced upon us to the enemy.  Should have done so many years ago.  I have never taken the oath but I accept it as my bound duty nonetheless!!

I will do anything I can to support the war effort.  

No amount of suffering imposed on these vermin will be enough to suit me!!

Simple answer is YES!
View Quote

Well said.  My answer is also YES!

Link Posted: 9/18/2001 7:02:52 PM EDT
[#2]
[B]BRING IT![/B]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 7:09:25 PM EDT
[#3]
DAM RIGHT!
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 7:14:05 PM EDT
[#4]
... I vote to support
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 7:24:09 PM EDT
[#5]
[size=6][red][b][u]YES!![/size=6][/red][/b][/u]

[b][size=3][blue]91B Combat Medic[/b][/size=3][/blue]

medcop
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 7:33:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes!
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 7:34:23 PM EDT
[#7]
NUKE 'EM 'til they glow!! Damn those mudering bastards! Kill them all! SamC
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 9:34:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes.

"Americans share an awesome burden and moral
responsibility. If liberty dies in the United
States, it is destined to die everywhere."
WILLIAMS, WALTER E., Introduction to The Law, by
Frederic Bastiat
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 9:37:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Ja!

Aviator  [img]www.dredgeearthfirst.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 10:27:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 10:41:10 PM EDT
[#11]
wellletmethink[size=5][b][red]YES YES YES!!![/red][/b][/size=5]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 10:53:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Yes.

Nothing changed for me Tuesday except the imperative.

I think we could have a successful but somewhat costly ground war in Afghanistan.
I think that if we were smart, we wouldn't need to.

Bin Laden is hoping to divide us from our Muslim allies. I say, we should divide him from his.

Give strong encouragement for any willing governments to act against those (wealthy sympathetic businessmen) who have supported terrorism from within their borders. Confiscation of assets (spoils to the cooperative)and extradition to the US.

This would give pause to anyone who would consider supporting terrorism with money.

Support those willing to act against extremists with our resources. They would probably be happy to control the extremists and do most of the fighting (the small-scale pest control conflicts) themselves.

Act against any government such as the taliban, Saddam Hussein et al. who act as a haven and take down the heads of the snake one by one. This would give give the others encouragement to take themselves off the "when we get to you" list. What can a terrorist organization do that has limited funding and no safe haven?

Pakistan is walking a tightrope taking sides with us and risking the wrath of the many extremists/taliban supporters within its borders. If we're smart, properly used western influence can diffuse hostility and affect the balance of power there in our and the current Pakistani leadership's favor. The "Yellow Nations" - France, Italy, California :) can make a contribution here without commiting troops and would diffuse anti-American sentiment.

I do not advocate holding back use of force, except NBC, so don't take any of the above that way. I only think our success, and the lives of our soldiers, will depend on how smartly we apply the weapon that conquered the world for us-our American ingenuity, resourcefulness and persistence as a matter of principle and belief in what is right.
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 11:20:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/18/2001 11:27:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Simple answer. YES!
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 3:12:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No

-JmE-
View Quote

Seems like everyone missed this one.

So why not JmE?

Alex
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 3:42:26 AM EDT
[#16]
JmE, Front and center. What is your problem?
No,you will not defend and protect your country?
Explain yourself!!!!!!!!!!!! Be caefull when you answer cause I don't want you to break a finger nail.[V]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 4:00:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/19/2001 4:20:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Yes.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:50:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
No

-JmE-
View Quote

Seems like everyone missed this one.

So why not JmE?

Alex
View Quote

For a variety of reasons, not limited to:

By definition of that recent terrorism bill, I am technically a terrorist although I have never, nor would I ever commit such acts. Therefore, I could never support an action under the label "war on terrorism".

This country is a constitutional republic, NOT a democracy and I will never again serve under nore support massive loss of life under the banner of democracy.

"Terrorist" activity has been occuring around the globe to other nations... America has just experienced, albeit on a much larger scale, the suffering that many nations have been enduring for quite some time. I think the action is reactionary...

I do NOT trust my government enough to take their word on who is to blame. Perhaps with more evidence, I would agree with whom they blame, but not based upon what I have heard to date.

I do NOT believe in vengance. I do NOT think this action will stop further attacks. In my opinion, it has a primary goal of vengance and vengance is mine saith the Lord. It is NOT mine.

The list goes on and on, however, I am late for work. If you would like me to list more, please let me know.

-JmE-
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:54:14 AM EDT
[#20]
Yes
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 6:55:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
JmE, Front and center. What is your problem?
No,you will not defend and protect your country?
Explain yourself!!!!!!!!!!!! Be caefull when you answer cause I don't want you to break a finger nail.[V]
View Quote

I would gladly defend my country, however, I will not support my country attacking others  for vengance.

I really don't have to explain myself, however, I do so willingly. The originator of this thread simply asked a question and I responded. Got a problem with others having a different view than you, I guess you don't really belive in freedom? Do you really understand the nature of freedom? (Not meant in a harsh way, only meant to make you think about the content of your post.)

I didn't break a fingernail, however, ny panties did ride up a bit!

-JmE-

Link Posted: 9/20/2001 7:15:42 AM EDT
[#22]
YES.

However we must be very careful in committing troops to Afghanistan (of all places!). The US military is a fraction of it's former size when we strode the earth like a colosus at the end of ww2. Our enemies would love nothing better than to see us bogged down in central asia.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 9:25:14 AM EDT
[#23]
YES!!!
It will keep me employed for a while.
However, I do not hope for, or wish, war on anyone. The results are tragic for all involved.

2W071- USAF Munitions - 14 Years and counting!
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 9:55:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I would gladly defend my country, however, I will not support my country attacking others  for vengance.
View Quote

Poorly thought out.  If you don't eliminate the terrorist network that pulled off the WTC hit, AND make it too costly for other countries to support, house and finance these terrorists, our country WILL be attacked again...most likely with nukes or biological weapons.
So by punishing/killing those involved you WOULD be defending your country.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 10:34:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Poorly thought out.  If you don't eliminate the terrorist network that pulled off the WTC hit, AND make it too costly for other countries to support, house and finance these terrorists, our country WILL be attacked again...most likely with nukes or biological weapons.
View Quote

Our country will be attacked again either way.

Our best bet to defend ourselves is to penetraite the terrrorist networks, but that is hard to do and we have been too squimish to try it in the past. We probably wouldn't do a good job anyway.

Blasting them ain't going to work.

It's too late for nonintervention.

Right now, we strike back, feel good about doing something, then brace for the next round . . .
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 10:46:35 AM EDT
[#26]
yes, and killem all
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 11:03:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Anyone saying "yes" so emphatically needs to go sit down someplace quiet and consider how much their mind is being manipulated.  

I think the powers that be in this country want a war and I stand 180 degrees oppposed to whatever it is any of them want because I know they are all tyrants and would send all of us, everyone on this board, to our doom in a heartbeat for no good reason other than they can.  Running around waving flags and singing songs is not patriotic, it's just foolish.  Don't buy the propaganda, don't buy the hype.    

If you want to do something, put the fucking statist airlines out of business:
[url]https://www.keepandbeararms.com/default.asp[/url]

They deserve as much wrath as we can muster, just like Smith & Wesson did.  That's first on the list.  Ensuring that we are not easy victims should be the most important item.  Revenge can wait.  Osama will get what's coming to him soon enough.

I know this attack has hurt. But you are looking for retributing in exactly the wrong place, which also (not coincidently) is the place the media and the government want you to look.  

Me, I'm through playing games.  Everywhere, the police are just itching for expanded powers of search and seizure.  Nothing we own will be safe anymore.  Wait and see.  Private property, free speech, gun rights, you name it.  It's all going down the drain right now and it's not because the stormtroopers are marching through town--it's because the mind controllers have you in their powerful grasp.  A gun is useless without someone behind it who is willing to use it.  

I hope you will keep your fighting spirit and channel it towards the real work that needs to be undertaken--wrenching our country back from the traitors who are destroying it from within.

You want to fight?  Start slitting throats at your state house or better yet, the US Senate, the FBI, the CIA, the NSA, all of them.
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 11:09:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Does a bear sh%t in the woods?
View Quote

Does a mare piss where she pleases????
Link Posted: 9/20/2001 3:58:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

So by punishing/killing those involved you WOULD be defending your country.
View Quote

No one can say that an attack as is being suggested would eliminate the terrorist network...

You are correct, our country will most likely be hit again. I think we will be hit again regardless. The tone of many regarding attacking Afgahnistan is that of anger and wrath. Misdirected or futile destruction of another country is not necessarily defending this country. Just like not agreeing with the present popular opinion does not label me as one who does not wish to defend his country. I just don't think this is the correct way nor do I think it has been proven that the target is correct.

-JmE-

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top