Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 5:36:28 PM EDT
[#1]
^ agreed. (about the tumbler)

Has anyone heard anything about the knockoffs?

Someone stole my boat Yeti
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 5:38:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Might give them a shot....
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 5:42:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
^ agreed. (about the tumbler)

Has anyone heard anything about the knockoffs?

Someone stole my boat Yeti
View Quote

They updated their homepage today, but the update doesn't make any sense to me and doesn't give a time line for when they will take orders.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 5:48:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Ost
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 5:51:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Don't knock it until you try it.  You won't be able to tell the difference between the first sip and the last.  Worth every penny.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have always scoffed at YETI, but my sister bought me one of those YETI stainless steel cups and dang if it doesn't work. I said there was no way I would pay for one, but after having it, I will be spending the money on another for the wife.

Hope the RTIC does well too.

I gave in a got on of the koozies last week.  Well worth the $30, IMO.

Also gig 'em

Thirty fucking dollars... for a koozie?   Whaaaaaaaat?

Don't knock it until you try it.  You won't be able to tell the difference between the first sip and the last.  Worth every penny.

I received a $25 Academy gift card over the weekend.  While I generally wouldn't pay $30 for a koozie, I didn't mind paying $5.  I tried it last night.  It works great, but because it's heavy, it makes it impossible to tell if you're out of beer.  That last sip was as cold as the first.
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 6:06:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Sweet!

I like that they have colors too. Kind of torn between coyote brown and ocean blue.

ETA: Chinese
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:08:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sweet!

I like that they have colors too. Kind of torn between coyote brown and ocean blue.

View Quote

I think 90 % of the coolers are made in Asia, including yeti

Only Orca that I know of is made in USA
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:11:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have always scoffed at YETI, but my sister bought me one of those YETI stainless steel cups and dang if it doesn't work. I said there was no way I would pay for one, but after having it, I will be spending the money on another for the wife.

View Quote

yep. got the cups for the gf and I.. worked great. then I lost mine
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:16:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I received a $25 Academy gift card over the weekend.  While I generally wouldn't pay $30 for a koozie, I didn't mind paying $5.  I tried it last night.  It works great but because it's heavy, it makes it impossible to tell if you're out of beer.  That last sip was as cold as the first.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I gave in a got on of the koozies last week.  Well worth the $30, IMO.

Also gig 'em

Thirty fucking dollars... for a koozie?   Whaaaaaaaat?

I received a $25 Academy gift card over the weekend.  While I generally wouldn't pay $30 for a koozie, I didn't mind paying $5.  I tried it last night.  It works great but because it's heavy, it makes it impossible to tell if you're out of beer.  That last sip was as cold as the first.

It's like a beautiful yet ugly joke from Yeti.  You just cant tell when she's out but fuck if it aint shit'z................They have a 10 oz lowball cup coming this fall
Link Posted: 8/10/2015 9:54:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I just have a hard time justifying spending $300 on injection molded plastic and foam.

Probably only takes less than $25 in materials to manufacture the thing.

I'm never gone somewhere where I need ice to last for 10 days. Ice is cheap at $2.00 for 20 lbs at the Twice the Ice machine. My igloo marine ice chest does just fine and I've had it over 7 years. If the latches break just buy new latches (I went with stainless steel this time).

Oh, and the Yeti tumbler well lets just say double walled vacuum containers have been around a long time. Stanley containers anyone?

Yeti is like the Apple of ice chests.

There is no doubt with the amount of insulation it has and it's build quality it will last much longer than a standard cooler. I just can't justify the need for one. At $100 price point for a 65 qt possibly.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 7:19:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Well I just got a email from rtic. Says that reservations made in July will be filled by October. I have until the 31st to make the deposit. We shall see.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 11:02:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I just have a hard time justifying spending $300 on injection molded plastic and foam.

Probably only takes less than $25 in materials to manufacture the thing.

I'm never gone somewhere where I need ice to last for 10 days. Ice is cheap at $2.00 for 20 lbs at the Twice the Ice machine. My igloo marine ice chest does just fine and I've had it over 7 years. If the latches break just buy new latches (I went with stainless steel this time).

Oh, and the Yeti tumbler well lets just say double walled vacuum containers have been around a long time. Stanley containers anyone?

Yeti is like the Apple of ice chests.

There is no doubt with the amount of insulation it has and it's build quality it will last much longer than a standard cooler. I just can't justify the need for one. At $100 price point for a 65 qt possibly.
View Quote

Count me in for a $25 memsu cooler that works as well as the $400 yupi.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 8:21:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Well I just got a email from rtic. Says that reservations made in July will be filled by October. I have until the 31st to make the deposit. We shall see.
View Quote

And only available in white/tan now?!? Starting to not want... good job fucking up the roll-out RTic.

Oh, and by 'deposit' they mean paying FULL PRICE UP FRONT. No thanks, i'll wait on reviews.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 9:40:21 AM EDT
[#14]
From YETI,"Our coolers are manufactured in the USA at facilities located in Iowa and Wisconsin as well as at a facility located in the Philippines. Want a YETI made in the USA? Call us at 512-394-9384 and we’ll make it happen." I'll stick with Grizzly, they came before Yeti copied them, an are 100% USA made. RTI will sell in a year 1/3 the cost of Yeti, the China way
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 9:51:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Sweet!

View Quote

The rambler and stainless steel products made by Yeti have a "Made in China" sticker on the bottom.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 9:53:32 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Boating forum I am on says a 100 is in the works.

I have contacted them about a group buy, if they respond, I will run it by the site mods to see if they will approve
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

need to make some larger models

this is interesting though and will take some looking into

Boating forum I am on says a 100 is in the works.

I have contacted them about a group buy, if they respond, I will run it by the site mods to see if they will approve

I gots to know!

Link Posted: 8/19/2015 10:03:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The rambler and stainless steel products made by Yeti have a "Made in China" sticker on the bottom.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sweet!

If they were in Tianjin maybe we will find out how tough they are.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 7:52:02 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm not placing a deposit on vaporware, especially on a color I'm not interested in.  I'll wait for them to get their shit together.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 8:00:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

My sister gave me the big stainless tumbler for christmas and yes it will keep ice tea for 24 hours on the kitchen counter, amazing product.  It is the only drink cup I use around the house unless we are having a formal type sit down meal.  It has sure cut back on glasses in the dishwasher.  

They are sure expensive though, just like the coolers.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 6:07:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

My sister gave me the big stainless tumbler for christmas and yes it will keep ice tea for 24 hours on the kitchen counter, amazing product.  It is the only drink cup I use around the house unless we are having a formal type sit down meal.  It has sure cut back on glasses in the dishwasher.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They need a handle dammit
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 6:13:22 AM EDT
[#21]
Have had one preorderd for about a month now. Can't wait to actually use it for football season 2016.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 6:13:46 AM EDT
[#22]
And a spill proof lid
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 9:54:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Have any of you who pre ordered heard anything or actually receive the cooler?
Link Posted: 10/2/2015 11:10:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Have any of you who pre ordered heard anything or actually receive the cooler?
View Quote

They made a production update on their site a few days ago.  They have started shipping, but it could still be 60-90 days before they fulfill all preorders.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 1:44:27 PM EDT
[#25]
I placed a pre-order on July 17 and then paid for the order on September 19, the second day you could do so, and was told that my coolers won't ship until November 15.  I asked why they are not shipping sooner as I ordered so early and wasn't really given an adequate response other than "you placed order on Sept 20 (incorrect) and your order will ship within 60-90 days."

I wonder who the hell they are shipping to now if I'm not scheduled until November 15.  I was an early pre-order and a fast payment and have to wait a month until I'm up for shipment.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:47:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I placed a pre-order on July 17 and then paid for the order on September 19, the second day you could do so, and was told that my coolers won't ship until November 15.  I asked why they are not shipping sooner as I ordered so early and wasn't really given an adequate response other than "you placed order on Sept 20 (incorrect) and your order will ship within 60-90 days."

I wonder who the hell they are shipping to now if I'm not scheduled until November 15.  I was an early pre-order and a fast payment and have to wait a month until I'm up for shipment.
View Quote

The boat from China is slow.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:51:19 PM EDT
[#27]
If you go to their facebook, there are people posting that they have received theirs the past few days, so they are out there.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:53:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Coleman Extreme 5 day coolers are almost the equal of the Yeti. Don't overpay.
View Quote

This is what I have.
Link Posted: 10/4/2015 2:59:33 PM EDT
[#29]
I bought a Bison (used to be known as Brute) 75. I love the latches and it keeps ice wonderfully. They are cheaper and lighter than comparable Yetis or Pelicans and made in Texas

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 4:41:05 PM EDT
[#30]
ost
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:05:37 AM EDT
[#31]
https://www.rfcexpress.com/lawsuits/trademark-lawsuits/texas-western-district-court/959933/yeti-coolers-llc-v-rtic-coolers-llc/summary/

Yeti Coolers, LLC v. RTIC Coolers, LLC

Date # Docket Text
7/17/2015 4 Report on Patent/Trademark sent to U.S. Patent and Trademark Office with copy of complaint. (os) (Entered: 07/17/2015)
7/17/2015 3 Summons Issued as to RTIC Coolers, LLC. (os) (Entered: 07/17/2015)
7/17/2015 2 REQUEST FOR ISSUANCE OF SUMMONS by Yeti Coolers, LLC. (Gray, Joseph) (Entered: 07/17/2015)
7/17/2015 1 COMPLAINT ( Filing fee $ 400 receipt number 0542-7622880), filed by Yeti Coolers, LLC. (Attachments: # 1 Exhibit, # 2 Exhibit, # 3 Exhibit, # 4 Exhibit, # 5 Exhibit, # 6 Exhibit, # 7 Exhibit, # 8 Exhibit, # 9 Exhibit, # 10 Exhibit, # 11 Civil Cover Sheet)(Gray, Joseph) (Entered: 07/17/2015)
7/17/2015 DEMAND for Trial by Jury by Yeti Coolers, LLC. (os) (Entered: 07/17/2015)
7/17/2015 Case Assigned to Judge Robert Pitman. CM WILL NOW REFLECT THE JUDGE INITIALS AS PART OF THE CASE NUMBER. PLEASE APPEND THESE JUDGE INITIALS TO THE CASE NUMBER ON EACH DOCUMENT THAT YOU FILE IN THIS CASE. (os) (Entered: 07/17/2015)
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 1:39:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
https://www.rfcexpress.com/lawsuits/trademark-lawsuits/texas-western-district-court/959933/yeti-coolers-llc-v-rtic-coolers-llc/summary/

Date # Docket Text
7/17/2015 4 Report on Patent/Trademark sent to U.S. Patent and Trademark Office with copy of complaint. (os) (Entered: 07/17/2015)
7/17/2015 2 REQUEST FOR ISSUANCE OF SUMMONS by Yeti Coolers, LLC. (Gray, Joseph) (Entered: 07/17/2015)
7/17/2015 1 COMPLAINT ( Filing fee $ 400 receipt number 0542-7622880), filed by Yeti Coolers, LLC. (Attachments: # 1 Exhibit, # 2 Exhibit, # 3 Exhibit, # 4 Exhibit, # 5 Exhibit, # 6 Exhibit, # 7 Exhibit, # 8 Exhibit, # 9 Exhibit, # 10 Exhibit, # 11 Civil Cover Sheet)(Gray, Joseph) (Entered: 07/17/2015)
7/17/2015 DEMAND for Trial by Jury by Yeti Coolers, LLC. (os) (Entered: 07/17/2015)
7/17/2015 Case Assigned to Judge Robert Pitman. CM WILL NOW REFLECT THE JUDGE INITIALS AS PART OF THE CASE NUMBER. PLEASE APPEND THESE JUDGE INITIALS TO THE CASE NUMBER ON EACH DOCUMENT THAT YOU FILE IN THIS CASE. (os) (Entered: 07/17/2015)
View Quote

Trademark complaint?    Did they use Yeti's logo?
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 3:35:58 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Date # Docket Text

Probably patent infringement, not trademark.  I practice very little IP law, but me thinks this does not bode well.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 4:03:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Well, in a way that's kind of a good endorsement of the product.

Unfortunately, they still show as "pre-order" despite the FAQ saying they expected to have them in stock in late september.

So it looks you won't be able to ninja one before the injunction.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 2:54:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Probably patent infringement, not trademark.  I practice very little IP law, but me thinks this does not bode well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Date # Docket Text

They're pretty bold about it.

The Yeti name is all over RTIC's site.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 2:57:28 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Date # Docket Text

True. If it is a trademark claim based on the use of Yeti on the site and in marketing there will likely be no injunction on the sale or delivery of the coolers which would be good.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 3:53:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
True. If it is a trademark claim based on the use of Yeti on the site and in marketing there will likely be no injunction on the sale or delivery of the coolers which would be good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Date # Docket Text

That's why I wonder if it was a trademark issue.   They have put an asterisk next to each use of "Yeti" on their site and added a little disclaimer at the bottom about not being affiliated with Yeti.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 4:13:56 PM EDT
[#38]
After looking again, it does appear that it is a trademark case.  Unfortunately I don't have access to the court efile system there in Texas to look up the complaint.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 4:17:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Um... I don't understand how they would have a case if it's a trademark issue.   They aren't calling their product a Yeti or putting a deceptively similar trademark on the product.

They're mentioning Yeti in head to head comparisons of their product.  

An injunction against that would be like banning youtube video reviews of Yeti products because they used the word yeti or had a picture of a yeti cooler or yeti logo in the review.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 4:23:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I have no gain in this, I reserved a 45 but haven't paid squat

But it seems to me, if they are legit, they might provide some decent competition

I can't stand yeti after they raised the price of the hopper for no reason, but do want a new cooler for the boat

Fyi....if anyone is in the market

http://www.rticcoolers.com
View Quote

You spelled ORCA coolers wrong

ETA: Linky
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 4:35:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But it seems to me, if they are legit, they might provide some decent competition

I can't stand yeti after they raised the price of the hopper for no reason, but do want a new cooler for the boat

Wut?
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 4:41:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Wut?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wut?

Why do you hate freedom?

Link Posted: 10/5/2015 4:46:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The amount of discussion that these fucking coolers get on Arfcom, you'd think it came with a Fleshlight mounting point. It's a cooler FFS

Coleman and Igloo never steered me wrong, but then again I'm not OCD about my the mountains on my beer labels turning blue at just the right time.
View Quote

Or you don't live in southern AZ.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 4:50:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those appear to be a little bit more expensive than Pelicans.

Just a quick look on amazon.

266 for an Orca 40 qt
220 for a Pelican 45 qt

I like the pelican latches better than the Orca/Yeti/Rtic style rubber straps.

All of these big heavy duty coolers look to have about as much insulation as the others.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 4:56:48 PM EDT
[#45]
My YETI has ridden in the bed of my truck for 3 years straight, no issues except for replacing the rubber locks.

Down at the bottom of the "cooler use and care" page on RTIC's website, it says to keep out of the sun in between uses.

DOLLARS TO DONUTS these won't last in the elements like a YETI will.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 4:57:28 PM EDT
[#46]
For what it's worth, watch the sales at Gander Mountain. I bought their brand of roto-molded cooler, Perma-Chill, on Memorial Day sale for right at half the price of a comparable yeti. I like some of the design features on it better too. Works like a champ but damn, those things are heavy.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 4:58:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
My YETI has ridden in the bed of my truck for 3 years straight, no issues except for replacing the rubber locks.

Down at the bottom of the "cooler use and care" page on RTIC's website, it says to keep out of the sun in between uses.

View Quote

They're almost certainly made of the exact same materials using the exact same production method.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 5:06:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

They're almost certainly made of the exact same materials using the exact same production method.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agree.

Austin, why'd you have to replace the rubber?
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 5:11:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL, they're even pricier than the Yeti.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 5:11:04 PM EDT
[#50]
All I know is the yeti works. Keeps my ice from melting, and doesn't get beat to shit when I'm trail riding.

Page / 6
Top Top