Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:38:41 PM EDT
[#1]
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...

...tarded.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:39:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

1.If they claimed you were getting solid 24k gold wheels/rims/whatthefuckeveritdoesn'tmatter and you found out later that they were brass plated, tough shit huh?

2.It would be fantastic if you wanted them to do that.  What if the item has appreciated in value?

What if samsung walked in your house and ripped your TV off the wall?  As long as they gave you a refund right?
View Quote

1. Your post had nothing to do with the dealer/manufacturer claiming one thing and sending out another. It said "if you bought a car and it didn't have the rims you wanted on it".
2. Such an incredibly minuscule amount of vehicles appreciate from the new price that the argument is practically invalid - especially because in the case we're debating about it is not the case either.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:41:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What am I missing with this "literally" stuff?
View Quote
Holdover from all the election threads.

Lefties complaining on facebook etc. that Trump is literally Hitler, that they are literally shaking with outrage/fear/anger, etc.

Page 2 so legit answer is allowed

ETA, make that page 3, even better
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:44:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Holdover from all the election threads.

Lefties complaining on facebook etc. that Trump is literally Hitler, that they are literally shaking with outrage/fear/anger, etc.

Page 2 so legit answer is allowed

ETA, make that page 3, even better
View Quote

Wrong.gif
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:49:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

1. Your post had nothing to do with the dealer/manufacturer claiming one thing and sending out another. It said "if you bought a car and it didn't have the rims you wanted on it".
2. Such an incredibly minuscule amount of vehicles appreciate from the new price that the argument is practically invalid - especially because in the case we're debating about it is not the case either.
View Quote
I'll concede I didn't word that clearly if you just read my post by itself.  If read in context with the thread, he was sold a rifle with billet parts, but received a rifle with cast parts if the OP is correct.

To the second point, it doesn't matter what the fair market value is.  PSA doesn't get to decide whether they want to purchase something back from a customer just because they have enough money to refund the orignal purchase the guy made.  It's a two way street, the customer has to want a refund for this option to be on the table.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:54:25 PM EDT
[#6]
It appears from the thread title; " Palmetto State Larceny" , that the OP literally has an ax of some sort to grind.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 10:55:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Just buy an Arsenal and forgo all the bullshit.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:00:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Sucks for OP's bud if true. But I have a hard time trusting second hand information.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:05:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Buy a trash can gun
From a trash can company
Then act surprised?
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:08:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I've always had good experiences with Palmetto State Armory but with that said, they didn't really answer the OP's question in the industry forum. Their response came off as sort of evasive.

I realize there are 2 sides to every story, and OP very well may not be offering up all relevant information either.  I can't imagine Palmetto keeping the AK unless there was some type of fatal flaw with it that could be a safety issue, and the OP's friend didn't want to exchange and wanted the same one back and they just refunded his money rather than sending back a potentially defective rifle and leaving themselves open to a lawsuit in the future.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:09:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It appears from the thread title; " Palmetto State Larceny" , that the OP literally has an ax of some sort to grind.
View Quote

No I actually like PSA, I got the title  off someone else making fun of the situation.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:11:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I literally just threw up. Literally.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So a member on the AKFiles (Mel64D) had sent his PSAK47 Barreled Receiver back to PSA for some warranty work. PSA then decided to not return the barreled receiver and refunded his money (which was not what he wanted, he wanted his barreled receiver back) with no explanation whatsoever. Watching the thread it appears that the bolt carriers that came with the kit were cast parts instead of billet (which a representative of PSA told Rob Ski that all parts were billet on a video). Then they said they will replace the cast parts with billet, and at the same time making a tier system (freedom, premium, etc) which was contradictory to their original story of no cast parts in their AK47 kits. So I decided to make a thread in their industry forum here on AR15com . They changed the name of the thread, posted a BS reply, and locked it. It looks like PSA did a bait and switch to their customers, lied, and tried to silence and hide the truth. It's sad and it's sickening.

http://www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295311&page=27

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_301/282019_.html

This story is literally the flu. Literally.

I don't know what to tell you, OP. They offer a tremendous variety of products at what seems like near wholesale prices. Mistakes happen. They will continue to get my money.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:13:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Don't buy American made AK's. I don't think we have learned to make the parts yet.
View Quote

Eh my c39v2 has beat all the supposed pitfalls.  Literally.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:15:28 PM EDT
[#14]
I bought some pivot and take down pins from them once and they didn't even fit the holes in my receivers. Didn't measure them but at least a half .001 over size. I just threw them away and bought Noveske pins with the cool iron cross on them. And they fit as well....
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:20:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This story is literally the flu. Literally.

I don't know what to tell you, OP. They offer a tremendous variety of products at what seems like near wholesale prices. Mistakes happen. They will continue to get my money.
View Quote

They do, but this looks bad on them. Spreading the word may get some answers, that's all I want. Would you think it's ok for your AK kit which is supposed to have billet parts, and they had cast parts. The PSA guy at Shot Show said there were no cast parts. They are straight up misleading their customers....ITS A FREAKING HOLOCAUST!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:22:20 PM EDT
[#16]
I don't see a problem with how PSA handled things, considering the full refund. The receiver can be replaced with the premium line PSA when it comes out or a competitor for the same $$ and still use his accesories purchased on the first one. However, the original buyer could have been chipped $20 for the transfer cost with store credit to really slick things over and make him inclined to order a new barreled kit.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:25:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Literally in. 
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:26:09 PM EDT
[#18]
If I was psa I wouldn't be answering to a buddy of the guy who had the issue either, I'd only deal with the customer themselves.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:28:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I bought some pivot and take down pins from them once and they didn't even fit the holes in my receivers. Didn't measure them but at least a half .001 over size. I just threw them away and bought Noveske pins with the cool iron cross on them. And they fit as well....
View Quote

They have cool iron crosses, literally just like Hitler!
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:28:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Rougeboss would have been happy with the outcome,he loves a good refund
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:32:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Rougeboss would have been happy with the outcome,he loves a good refund
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:32:13 PM EDT
[#22]
In before rogueboss, i thought he would have been in here by now.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:33:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Are you literally shaking?
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:34:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
I would have thought it was rougeboss that started this thread.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:36:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If I was psa I wouldn't be answering to a buddy of the guy who had the issue either, I'd only deal with the customer themselves.
View Quote

Me neither.

Something smells bad.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_301/282019_PSAK-kit-Satisfaction-guaranteed-or-money-back-.html
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:37:04 PM EDT
[#26]
I've LITERALLY  bought thousands of dollars from PSA and not had a single problem. Even when they forgot to send a BCG with the initial order, they made it right with a quickness.

I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble with them, but you ain't gonna convince me they ain't good people.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:37:34 PM EDT
[#27]
PSA is slow.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:39:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Just buy an Arsenal and forgo all the bullshit.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:40:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Doesn't matter, if there is nothing to hide come clean. It's already out in the open.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:43:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I've LITERALLY  bought thousands of dollars from PSA and not had a single problem. Even when they forgot to send a BCG with the initial order, they made it right with a quickness.

I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble with them, but you ain't gonna convince me they ain't good people.
View Quote

OP claims that someone else who posts on another forum had a problem and OP brought someone else's tale of woe to the ARFcom PSA forum and demanded answers.

It properly got locked there so now he brought it here to GD with a toxic thread title.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:47:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Meh, I'll keep buying AR parts from them.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:51:57 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted: Yep. Not the first. I will not buy major stuff from PSA.
View Quote
It's no wonder I quit buying from them 7 years ago.  So many reasons why I can't trust them.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:52:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do we know it wasn't??
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:54:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Lol.

Buy AR shit made here. Buy AK shit from former combloc countries or K-Var / Arsenal (Bulgarian trained). Everyone should know this by now.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:56:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You seem to be confused about several definitions, like "bait and switch" and "railroaded".  Possibly also "gentleman".
View Quote
 lol
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:56:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Buy a trash can gun
From a trash can company
Then act surprised?
View Quote

yeah, like literally.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:57:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

They have cool iron crosses, literally just like Hitler!
View Quote

Do you know the difference between an Iron Cross and a Swastika? I guess not.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:59:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 11:59:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Doesn't matter, if there is nothing to hide come clean. It's already out in the open.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing is out in the open but internet hearsay from an unknown third party. I'm calling fake news. Staff, can we get a fake news icon?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:00:39 AM EDT
[#40]
I only trust AKS made by drunks squatting in a damp factory in Eastern Europe.  #slavshitisbestshit
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:02:15 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I only trust AKS made by drunks squatting in a damp factory in Eastern Europe.  #slavshitisbestshit
View Quote

#vodkaguns4ever
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:03:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Billets are cast.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:20:20 AM EDT
[#43]
With anything from PSA, if there is a premium option, that's the one you buy. Also be sure to read specs very carefully in descriptions. 
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:35:16 AM EDT
[#44]
OP literally does not know what "bait and switch" means. He also doesn't seem to understand what holocaust means.  He may learn what defamation means though.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:38:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Billets are cast.
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:40:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Were you literally shaking while you literally threw up, literally?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:41:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I literally just threw update. Literally.
I am literally terrified at the fact that PSA would do this.

Literally all of it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:47:06 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
If he owned it, he should be able to get his own asking price for it, not what the company took from him when he bought it.  If he agreed to a refund, that's one thing.
View Quote
I agree with this, after you sell me something and I send it back, you ask me if I want my money back or keep the item if it cant be updated/fixed.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:48:40 AM EDT
[#49]
I will never buy from them again,  figuratively.

Literally,  I'll buy from them again soon.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 1:55:19 AM EDT
[#50]
Returning it was his first mistake.  He should have cut it up into pieces with a band saw and posted pics.  

On a literally unrelated topic, can someone explain the concept of "Concern Troll" to me?   
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top