User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 12:58:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Crazy question...

Does crime follow the heroin crowd similar to the meth crowd? Am I going to have my house gutted of copper by a heroin addict?
View Quote
Yes.    I think the heroine crowd is worse than the crack or meth crowd.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:00:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Well shit, I guess you solved the problem.  We redefine it and it's not a problem.  We just tell those addicts to buck up and they fly straight, right?  Or is there more to it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know a few people who died due to it and I do not run in the kind of circles typically known for drug abuse.  One good friend had her body shut down due to long term abuse of pills. Another friend lost a daughter to an OD.  I work with one guy addicted, and used to work with another. In every case, they started on legally prescribed pills, either prescribed to them or someone else who passed them along to self medicate.  None began as recreational users.  Some folks are more addiction prone than others, but doctors have been handing these things out all over the place.  I understand that it's being tightened up, but too many people are already hooked and heroin and illegally produced/imported opioids are still there.

Are doctors still handing out scripts for them like they're candy?
Nobody puts a gun to your head and makes you fill a prescription or swallow a pill.

What society has an 'epidemic' of is a total and complete lack of personal fucking responsibility. 
Well shit, I guess you solved the problem.  We redefine it and it's not a problem.  We just tell those addicts to buck up and they fly straight, right?  Or is there more to it?
No.   They should be left to die, rot in a cell with their dealers,  or shot by those they victimize.

Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:10:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It's everywhere down here.  

It completely ruined my sister.  She is nothing but a 36 year old junkie now.  My mother sued her for custody of her 3 kids is the only thing that saved those kids.  

I don't even care to talk to her or associate with her at all anymore.  

My dad tried to guilt me into letting her come live with me.  I told him hell no!  He said but she's homeless.  I told him when my sister had no where to live but my house or under a bridge, I'd drive her to throw bridge myself.
View Quote
You and your mother are good people.     The kids do have a chance.   The only thing that can prevent people from becoming an addict is intolerance.   One has to prefer pain over addiction.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:21:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Legalize raw opium man
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:32:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Can thank the doctors for the opiod epidemic.

Most Teens Who Abuse Opioids 1st Got Them from a Doctor
View Quote
We can thank weak minded people for abusing medications.   Doctors provide prescriptions for medications.   Irresponsible people then abuse those medications.   Responsible people see how much pain they can take not how many drugs they can take.

The big problem is society does not teach intolerance of drug abuse.    People don't ostracize such people enough.   Society tolerates substance abuse.    When society doesn't leave room for druggies, few will fall into abuse.   Those few can be written off.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:45:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Big problem here on Long Island. My whitebread, upper middle class town had approximately 50 overdoses last year.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:52:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

We can thank weak minded people for abusing medications.   Doctors provide prescriptions for medications.   Irresponsible people then abuse those medications.   Responsible people see how much pain they can take not how many drugs they can take.

The big problem is society does not teach intolerance of drug abuse.    People don't ostracize such people enough.   Society tolerates substance abuse.    When society doesn't leave room for druggies, few will fall into abuse.   Those few can be written off.
View Quote
I think the real issue isn't the users or the dealers but our currently fucked up we are as a society. Falling away from a Christian society to miley cyrus being the new God for teens is the real issue;
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:52:55 AM EDT
[#8]
What does the US do worse than almost anywhere else on earth?  You answer that question and you might have the issue.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 1:54:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What does the US do worse than almost anywhere else on earth?  You answer that question and you might have the issue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Handle disappointment?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:14:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:37:03 AM EDT
[#11]
It's hit my area hard. A couple months ago there were 20+ OD's within 5 days when a batch of carfentynal came around.

Dayton is the source in my AO, I live 30 minutes from Dayton, which has major E/W and N/S interstates close by. I am not a user of anything other than alcohol, but it is so prevelant here I bet I could have it delivered to my front door in 30 minutes or less with a phone call or 3.

Its killed several of my friends, torn apart families that I've known since childhood, severed many friendships.

I coach a 10 year old girls softball team for a girl whose father I knew for 35 years. He hung himself far out in the woods over his shame of his addiction to H

I'd like to know where this shit is coming from.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 5:37:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Your life must suck.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The 'opiate crisis' has turned my heart dark, and I am now an official member of 'dark heart island.'

I don't care anymore.  I don't care if people OD.  I wouldn't care if it were a family member.  I may not even call 911 if I saw someone OD'ing.  I'd probably stand over their dead body and laugh, like Walter White. 

I would have zero problem stepping over the dead bodies of junkies in the gutter.  None. 
Your life must suck.
He is like right wing goth or something.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:05:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Sugar addiction and obesity kill more than opioid addiction.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:09:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Local news was just reporting on "Narcan" parties. 

Do as much smack as you want....if you OD we'll inject you. No worries. 

That's beyond fucked up. 
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:21:22 AM EDT
[#15]
My step-daughter passed away this past Friday from an opioid overdose. We thought she had beat it...she was working two jobs and back in school and one class away from her B.S. Absolutely sucks...
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:23:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Arfcom heal thyself

I once did a thread with poll that said roughly 70%? Of the posters took prescription opiates.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:24:15 AM EDT
[#17]
People on here that claim "I'm at the center of the problem" LOL. You need to get out of your mom's basement. It's bad everywhere. Every small town and large city. If it isn't in your small town, you're either ignorant or it hasn't hit yet but it will.

Dr's prescribe Oxy's like candy, that's part of the whole problem. Heroin is also cheaper. Most in this country comes from South America but it's a global currency and the Afghan fields are growing it again and Europe has a steady supply which has driven down the cost around the globe.

People hooked on pain killers eventually seek out something stronger when they quit working. Addicts brains grow new dopamine receptors so over time the addiction gets worse and worse. Once they move off of the pills they'll start smoking heroin, once that quits working they start shooting it. Meanwhile those dopamine receptors are always crying for more.

I've seen a few people that went straight to shooting heroin. Every one of them did it for a girlfriend or boyfriend. We all know people that have done some stupid stuff for attention from the opposite sex but this is on a whole new level. Or they're ignorant as to where it will take them and how powerless they'll be over it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:26:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My step-daughter passed away this past Friday from an opioid overdose. We thought she had beat it...she was working two jobs and back in school and one class away from her B.S. Absolutely sucks...
View Quote
Sorry to hear that. Sadly, addiction is never beat, just laying in wait. Relapsing on heroin is one of the most dangerous things to do. Your brain tells you to go back to your old levels but your body doesn't have the tolerance anymore. I've known several people over the last year that have lost their kids on heroin and every time it was the first time they used after some clean time.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:29:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Strangely, this all began to take hold after the war in AFG: home of the poppy plant...but that's none of my business.

kermitdrinkingtea.jpeg
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:36:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Needles are washing up on river shorelines and on beaches more and more. I guess it was like this in the 1970's and in the 1990's.

Heroin goes in cycles.

It's very bad now. I blame Mexican narcos and shortsighted crackdowns on prescription pills.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:43:31 AM EDT
[#21]
It's everywhere. The most poverty stricken areas are cesspools of drug abuse of all kinds. The addicts will go to where they can steal valuables to fuel their drug habit, with a crime ripple effect in more affluent areas. Not that the affluent neighborhoods are free from it. Well to do parents often have drug addict children that are part of a sub culture of drug addicts. The costs to our country are staggering, economically and in human misery.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 6:56:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Exactly, +1.

You know what I find funny?  All of these older 'war on drugs' boomers are about to become part of the WoD themselves without even ever knowing it. 

Getting old is painful -- but guess what?  We'll cut the anti-drug/what-if-we-could-save-a-single-life boomer types a prescription for some 800mg Advils because everything else is on lockdown; and fuck you, have a nice day.

There are about to be a bunch of old, miserable people that are in constant pain in society that can't get their happy pills because of some fucking junkie doper and the idiot liberal politicians who restrict everything in some bullshit attempt to 'save' them.
View Quote
Not sure where you came up with that.  The Conservatives are leading the charge on this issue.  Stop blaming "the other side" and realize you're buying played.  R and D are on the same side.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:03:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Our sheriff has a billboard with the number of overdoses and number of heroin deaths in the calendar year. He updates it daily.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 7:10:13 AM EDT
[#24]
Just got word another of my high school classmates ODd and died, that's two this year alone. The first was heroin and fentanyl. Not sure about this one but if I had to guess....
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:00:01 AM EDT
[#25]
It seems to be everywhere and will be found in both rich and poor communities. The real danger is the fact that in many cases it's not pure heroin but mixed with Dilaudid.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:12:20 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That's beyond fucked up. 
View Quote
Exactly who could not see that shit coming from 10,000 miles away?

These worthless shit stains are the bane of society.

I wish carfentanil was more widely used in mehico in the blending and cutting of heroine.

Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:12:22 AM EDT
[#27]
We don't see so much of it around here. Our dopers are still frying their brains with Meth.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:16:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
From where does many of the US problems get pushed ?

mehico and south of that.

Fuck the wall.   We need a DMZ that makes the Korean DMZ look like a pre-school play ground.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:20:21 AM EDT
[#29]
As someone who had two addicts as parents I could give two shits if all these junkies OD and die. Ban narcan.

Reap what you sow my friend

Regarding OP yes it's everywhere. Everywhere.

And that's an understatement
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:26:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Arfcom heal thyself

I once did a thread with poll that said roughly 70%? Of the posters took prescription opiates.
View Quote
So?   Lots of injured vets on here.  Opiates are God's gift to man, like so much else.    Man can still manage to screw shit up.

Maybe you are suggesting we start with eliminating all needless drugs, such as alcohol?  I don't know that many people would support that.

On the other hand, maybe you are pointing out that most people handle it just fine?
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:34:15 AM EDT
[#31]
I know two that have died from opiates. 1 was my best friend

Broke his leg had on going pain the doc prescribed an opiate for. No he did tend to have an addictive personality but at any rate he couldn't get off them - had a killer job owned a home. One day drug test at work came back positive they said just bring in the prescription he never went back. At this point no one knew. At some point he started smoking heroin and friends started to catch on for example I went to lunch with him while I was in town and something just seemed very off  - right after christmas that year he checked himself into rehab. Got out 30 days later (shows how good that place was) called everyone 2 days later his mom found him OD's in his bed.

Last text I have from him was when I told him I am engaged and he said I'm packing my bags.

Crazy and such a waste of life but I can tell you first hand it was out of his control. He was an awesome person - looking back  even when he was on it you could tell he was ashamed but was helpless

Everyone has their own opinion and impacts but Yes it is a severe issue in our country and the docs, pill companies, stupid people who hurt themselves can't deal with pain and just want to take pills (doesn't mean there aren't ones it really helps - I'm referring to the house wife etc.) , gov't, many places take the blame.

My wife comes from a family with alcoholism in it - she will not take opiates no matter what. Just had surgery, got out took tylenol
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 8:50:34 AM EDT
[#32]
Zero fucks given about dopeheads.  

They are free to overdose, but I wish they would do it somewhere more private so no one would waste 911's and a hospital's resources.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:01:00 AM EDT
[#33]
<strong>Quoted:</strong>
It's been a while since we've had a good hysteria.

People will always get high, and they'll always die.  It's human nature.
View Quote

No, it really has spiked. One of by best friends has been an EMT for 17 years. He sees more opiate ODs in a typical week now than he did a quarter when he started. He also says suicides are up too.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:42:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Opioids are the cause de celeb , at some point something else will be the hot topics.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:44:09 AM EDT
[#35]
It used to be in just the major cities. Then it trickled to the smaller cities.  Now it's in small towns
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:49:01 AM EDT
[#36]
don't really notice a big issue here in CO.

of course I don't notice the (reportedly) pervasive skunk smell that some report here, so maybe it's my zip code.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 9:53:25 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Are doctors still handing out scripts for them like they're candy?
View Quote
At least not in Ohio. I had a surgery and a family member had another surgery, both times I noticed the pain pills were much more closely controlled in years long past. 

But there are the pil mill docs which crank out massive amounts of scripts. Those are in the news every so often.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:06:47 AM EDT
[#38]
Fake Oxys are floating in from Mx.  They are laced with Fentanyl. 6 deaths in the state, so far.

SIL was in a car crash and had to have her arm reconstructed.  She had a lot of Oxy in her med cabinet.  On a recent visit, either her daughter, or her husband stole most of them.  Nice way to find out your kids are pill heads.  

Lock your shit up.  I still have a lot of leftover Oxy that I never used.  I would take the minimum prescribed and stop as quickly as possible.  None of these are in a medicine cabinet, they are hidden.  People say drugs expire, but they still seem to work when I fuck up really bad, like missing a chisel with a 5 pound hammer.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:11:28 AM EDT
[#39]
One thing that has helped push this culture of treating pain is that Medicare changed requirements where hospitals/doctors now have to treat pain as a vital sign. Doctor's have to get the patients pain under control by whatever means necessary if they want to get paid. When the government interjects itself into areas that it shouldn't, there are unintended consequences. In this case rising addiction rates to opioids.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:12:39 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The 'opiate crisis' has turned my heart dark, and I am now an official member of 'dark heart island.'

I don't care anymore.  I don't care if people OD.  I wouldn't care if it were a family member.  I may not even call 911 if I saw someone OD'ing.  I'd probably stand over their dead body and laugh, like Walter White. 

I would have zero problem stepping over the dead bodies of junkies in the gutter.  None. 
View Quote
Right there with you on this one.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:16:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Direct byproduct of obamacare.
View Quote
obamacare fucked up a lot of things but over prescription of pain killers has been a problem since at least the 90s
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:16:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Fuck the wall.   We need a DMZ that makes the Korean DMZ look like a pre-school play ground.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I read a really interesting article an arfcommer posted a week ago or so discussing this.  Well worth the read.  I didn't really understand it.  It sounds like most of the blame is on our side of the border.

article
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:17:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I thought it was a rare to see any news about heroin around here 15 years ago. Now it seems like it's all you hear about. wonder what changed? price? availability?

Still don't know how anyone would willing addict themselves to heroin.
View Quote
Crack down on pill mills and doctors prescribing pain pills = heroin epidemic as the addicts have to look for another more available source for their addiction
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:18:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

How is it a 'major problem'?

If America consumed 80% of the worlds oil, would that be a major problem to you?

If Americans owned 80% of the worlds private vehicles, would that be a major problem to you?

80% of the opiod supply is consumed by America because the vast majority of the rest of the world sucks.  If you're consuming 80% of anything, that's not a problem -- it's a sign of development and how advanced the society is. 

Here's a better one that's probably more relatable:  If 80% of the worlds 'super-mega-obese' population lived in the US, would that be a 'major problem'?  I don't think so.  That's a sign that Americans have been successful and that you have so much more excess food to consume compared to the rest of the world. 
View Quote
are you serious with this post, I can't even tell.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:21:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is true
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:21:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That's beyond fucked up. 
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:21:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Arfcom heal thyself

View Quote
Are currently taking or had taken?

Also taking prescription opioids does not automatically make you an addict
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:23:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
This is true
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is true
Yeah but it's not sugar alone.  They are other contributing causes.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:23:27 AM EDT
[#49]
First time I saw Heroin was a little over 35 years ago on Auburn Ave in Atlanta. On dealer ratted out another. 10 decks. I've handled countless ods, but never really encountered that amount of Heroin since. I handled an od with a baseball pitcher for Georgia Tech-dead. Best friend lost son and sister to it. My son is a drug addict. He has od-d several times. Had surgery and had 15 staples put in his abdomen.  Gave him morphine for pain. Checked into rehab 4 days later.
Link Posted: 3/23/2017 10:25:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
E TN is the epicenter...fact.  

I believe it is another example of Darwin thinning out the herd...all we need to do is get out of his way.
View Quote
Yeah til your kid gets some from her friends moms cabinet

Jeez you peopleq
Page / 5
Top Top