Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/10/2018 5:16:10 PM EDT
[#1]
A PBR for that big PR

Pabst Blue Ribbon Beer Commercial

Link Posted: 7/5/2018 12:32:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Who's got two thumbs and just qualified for nationals?

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Weightlifting/Features/2018/July/05/Updated-Qualifying-Totals-for-American-Open-Series-3

Now the question is, a little self restraint to stay in the same weight class or go full HAM and live that thicc life.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 12:41:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Man I wish someone could help me figure out how to clean!  
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 1:07:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Man I wish someone could help me figure out how to clean!  
View Quote
Glenn will help you.

Clean, Part 1, How To, Olympic Weightlifting

Clean, Part 2, How To, Olympic Weightlifting

Clean, Part 3, How To, Olympic Weightlifting
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 6:15:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank you Tanren37  
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 4:21:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Keep digging around too for Zack Telander vids, and Max Aita (Juggernaut Training).

I personally didn't find that Cal Strength video particularly useful when learning the clean once I got any amount of weight on the bar. It doesn't really touch on timing, arm bend, where the power is generated, meeting the bar, the turnover, etc. It is good for showing the basic positions and laying out the knee/hip/knee bend in the first and second pulls.

Zack has a very different style of teaching it (he doesn't really think of it as 2 pulls, and doesn't really teach the "jump" and catch) that resonates a bit better with me. He has like 6 or 7 videos that in total cover every aspect of the clean (and jerk).

I'm still a beginner at the clean (and jerk), and an ultra noob at the snatch. I hit a bodyweight clean and jerk PR earlier this week (195lb).
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 7:29:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Keep digging around too for Zack Telander vids, and Max Aita (Juggernaut Training).

I personally didn't find that Cal Strength video particularly useful when learning the clean once I got any amount of weight on the bar. It doesn't really touch on timing, arm bend, where the power is generated, meeting the bar, the turnover, etc. It is good for showing the basic positions and laying out the knee/hip/knee bend in the first and second pulls.

Zack has a very different style of teaching it (he doesn't really think of it as 2 pulls, and doesn't really teach the "jump" and catch) that resonates a bit better with me. He has like 6 or 7 videos that in total cover every aspect of the clean (and jerk).

I'm still a beginner at the clean (and jerk), and an ultra noob at the snatch. I hit a bodyweight clean and jerk PR earlier this week (195lb).
View Quote
Yeah but how's your saggital plane?

FUNctional Cleaning, Waves, Clean and Jerk PR of (whocareskg)

+1 for Max Montana
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 8:56:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Weightlifting/Features/2018/July/05/Updated-Qualifying-Totals-for-American-Open-Series-3

Now the question is, a little self restraint to stay in the same weight class or go full HAM and live that thicc life.
View Quote
Nice, congrats dude! I heard a rumor weight classes changed recently.
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 9:44:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
SWEET!!  Congrats!
Link Posted: 7/6/2018 10:54:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
85's kinda got screwed, either cut to 81 or go all out to hit 96.

Same with the ladies 69's, it's either cut 5 or gain 7.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 12:25:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like there's an 89 though unless you're going to the Olympics. That would be where I'd go...
Link Posted: 7/23/2018 4:24:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Gotta break through some kind of mental block. Max Snatch: 227#. (Yeah.) Max power snatch triple: 205. WTF. Now granted it's a "weightlifting triple" so like maybe 60 seconds total but ffs, I should be doing way more and it's all in my head.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 11:12:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Any good programs someone recommends? Seems to be difficult to find a weightlifting program.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 1:29:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Any good programs someone recommends? Seems to be difficult to find a weightlifting program.
View Quote
Catalyst Athletics. There's some free ones, find one that describes your weaknesses.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 7:54:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Catalyst Athletics. There's some free ones, find one that describes your weaknesses.
View Quote
This.  Greg has a lot of programs floating around, some on the site are still free.

Are you looking for a beginner program or have certain weaknesses to address?
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 11:04:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

This.  Greg has a lot of programs floating around, some on the site are still free.

Are you looking for a beginner program or have certain weaknesses to address?
View Quote
I came from powerlifting/bodybuilding, so squats are a non issue. Cleans & C&J, I don’t have much issue with or struggle.

Snatch.. whole different beast. Currently focusing on form, lightweight, contact. I feel I have the pull down, it’s just from that point forward.
That’s definitely my weakness. I don’t want to say beginner programs, I got fairly strong before and had difficult programs. But I don’t want to say I’m experienced either.

I’ve been doing a lot of pulls, SSPs, and other various exercises to better my form.

Current workout in a week is generally

Squats, reverse hypeers, good mornings, with barbell lunges
Power snatch,High pulls, SSPs, some exercises honestly can’t remember name.
Rest
Snatch, overhead squat, overhead press, snatch grip
Cleans/power cleans, clean pulls, front squat, tire jumps
Rest
Clean&Jerk,  split jerk, squats (lighter)

Rest/reset
This isn’t always set in stone, sometimes there are complexes done with others.
Link Posted: 7/24/2018 11:10:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I came from powerlifting/bodybuilding, so squats are a non issue. Cleans & C&J, I don’t have much issue with or struggle.

Snatch.. whole different beast. Currently focusing on form, lightweight, contact. I feel I have the pull down, it’s just from that point forward.
That’s definitely my weakness. I don’t want to say beginner programs, I got fairly strong before and had difficult programs. But I don’t want to say I’m experienced either.

I’ve been doing a lot of pulls, SSPs, and other various exercises to better my form.

Rest
Rest

Rest/reset
View Quote
Sounds like you want a program that focuses more on form- there's a couple with lots of technique work and variations that may be helpful.
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 12:14:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Rest
Rest

Rest/reset
View Quote
Send me an email, I'll give you some program overload.  

What's you squat and BW?  Mobility good or a little tight?
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 8:10:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Sounds like you want a program that focuses more on form- there's a couple with lots of technique work and variations that may be helpful.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
You said it better than I could!
Quoted:

Send me an email, I'll give you some program overload.  

What's you squat and BW?  Mobility good or a little tight?
1 rep max: Not long ago was 425, probably could do more.  3 rep max: 385 (probably could do more as well)

Bodyweight is currently at 165, but floats around 160-165. Mobility is pretty good overall. Little tightness in shoulder mobility, but its gotten better and better.

Sounds good, email inbound!
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 8:54:39 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yeah but how's your saggital plane?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2wlh8tmNww

+1 for Max Montana
View Quote
Hahaha that video was good.

I tried a 205# clean like 5 times last night and just couldn't get under it. The pull was powerful and high enough but I was back on my heels too much so when I received it in the rack it was too far in front of me and fell forward.

Clarence posted a video the other day on the ATG channel where he hits a 227kg clean, and there is some nice slow-mo footage in that. I've been comparing that played back at 0.25 or 0.5x to my own videos, and it feels like I'm making some progress.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 8:08:09 PM EDT
[#21]
I hurt myself just reading through this program

Monday
Snatch to 1RM (3×3)
CNJ to 1RM (3×2)
Back Squats (5-7 x 3-5)
Clean Pulls (5 x 3)
Behind neck push press (5 x 2-5)

Tuesday
Snatch to 1RM (5-8 x 2-3) – Overhead squat after completion of each rep)
Snatch Balance (5-8 x 1-3)
Snatch Pulls (5-6 x 2-3)
Block High Snatch Pulls with Rebend (6-8 x 2-3)

Wednesday
Clean + FS + Jerk 1RM (5-8 x 2)
Front Squats (5-8 x 1 -3)
Clean Pulls (5-6 x 3)
Behind Neck Push Jerk (8 x 1)
Push Press (5 x 3 )

Thursday
Back Squats to 1RM (6-8 x 2-5)
Snatch 85-90% (2-3 x1)
Clean and Jerk 85-90% (2-3 x1)
Strict Press (5 x 3-5)

Friday
Snatch to 1RM (3 x 1)
CNJ to 1RM (3 x 1)
Snatch Pulls (5 x 3)
Block snatch high pull with rebend (5 x 2-3)
Jerk Drives (8×3) – About the same weight as your max 1RM back squats

Saturday
Front Squats to 1RM (5-6 x 1-3)
Platform Clean Deadlifts (5-6 x 1-3)
Snatch Balance (5-6 x 1-3)
Push Jerk (5×1-3)

It's that damn Asian master race genetics  
Even reading through it, I don't get exactly follow, even day 1.  Snatch to a 1RM, but then 3x3?  So, work to a 1RM then drop 10% +/- and then 3x3, or work to a 3RM for the day and then 3x3?  Or does coach want 3 sets of 3 of your 1RM?  Y u do dis coach?  

https://www.allthingsgym.com/chinese-weightlifting-training-template/
Page / 7
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top