Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 1010
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 6:14:00 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I really feel like I am the only one that did not mind the M5 grind.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh yeah.  And just because you fuckers talked me into rebuying the M5 Stuart in order to grind out the 87 million xp needed to upgrade to the Chaffee, you will do your part to suffer by having to read my updates.

31k to go.

Perhaps that might be what they call in the industry, a clue.

I jumped into mine for a single game yesterday, got dropped into a tier 7 game loaded with heavies.  Didn't bother with a second.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 6:14:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

My A.D.D. gah! lol serioulsy though, you're doing well man. Also, your FPS has to do with your video card. The more mods you're putting in there , the harder it's gonna be on your card. Check your settings and make sure they aint too high. As for me. I'm going to build a dedicated gaming rig so I can play mine on max.
View Quote

I was looking at the 500 dollar builds on arfcom it looks like the one i am after will run every thing i play on Max  up to and including  the new Assassins creed.

Course you know if i was a RICH mother fucker LMFAO it would be a 1K dollar build aint happening.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 6:48:59 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

In all honesty, what level of play is needed to be competetive.  I'd love to try a tourney but I don't want to sink our chances if I'm having a bad night, which the last few have been.
View Quote

We are planning on fielding a few teams, which will allow someone with less experience to rotate in, and get their feet wet.

We do want to let our less experienced guys participate for sure, and part of it will be coming to Strongholds so you can help gel with the team and learn strats, calls, etc.

The Stronghold games are really good practice for Tournaments.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:07:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Not sure will drop mods down a bit and check as well but i was Running at 12 megs verse the 27 megs i am at now and a huge Difference in FPS just from them coming out today and fixing the internet i am afraid to fuck wit hthe mods and see how low it really can be .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/6bexexF.jpg

And i direct you to top Right hand corner yes that is 22 FPS lowest i seen so far was 15 like OMG a world of Difference.

http://i.imgur.com/BbPj4Rr.jpg
Are you certain your mods aren't lowering FPS?

Not sure will drop mods down a bit and check as well but i was Running at 12 megs verse the 27 megs i am at now and a huge Difference in FPS just from them coming out today and fixing the internet i am afraid to fuck wit hthe mods and see how low it really can be .

I'm on a really crappy ISP and have < 3Mbps, and can run high 40 / low 50 FPS.   I think FPS has more to do with your computor's processor than it does with network speed.  "Ping" is what a slow internet connection will affect most in my experience.  I normally played with Ping between 80 and 100 ms.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:10:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

We are planning on fielding a few teams, which will allow someone with less experience to rotate in, and get their feet wet.

We do want to let our less experienced guys participate for sure, and part of it will be coming to Strongholds so you can help gel with the team and learn strats, calls, etc.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In all honesty, what level of play is needed to be competetive.  I'd love to try a tourney but I don't want to sink our chances if I'm having a bad night, which the last few have been.

All this talk is tempting me to re-download WOT...that and being a 41% tomato in WoWP!  
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:19:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah I quit playing back at version 8.9 the one that brought in the second German TD line.  Got too repetitive and the noobs were really ruining any fun in public matches.  What's changed that would want to make a 53%W/L  15,000 battle player want to come back?
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:31:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Nothing it has gotten worse
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 7:54:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

All this talk is tempting me to re-download WOT...that and being a 41% tomato in WoWP!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're more than welcome to join us in strongholds every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. A few of us a knocking the rust off but will only get better if we show up and train.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:16:43 PM EDT
[#9]
another Ace badge for my e75. Not that good imo but good enuff for the ace.

check out my crew
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:37:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You're more than welcome to join us in strongholds every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. A few of us a knocking the rust off but will only get better if we show up and train.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Appreciate that...might be ultimately what  I decide to do.  Not having the stress of  pubs / grinds has been nice over the last week.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:53:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Appreciate that...might be ultimately what  I decide to do.  Not having the stress of  pubs / grinds has been nice over the last week.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I haven't played in a few days and feel better already. Lol. 4 day trip to Pittsburgh tomorrow and I'll get back on next week. See how things go.

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:20:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Not a bad match here. Still chasing that 1st class mastery, but I'll get it eventually.

6th in damage, 2nd in exp

Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:42:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, here is Ace number five in the Crusader. Not saying I had to carry this team, but damn my back hurts right now.
Dat Wn8

Here are my stats for the night. Not much made in the way of credits, that damn 12t is expensive to feed. But, I finished the night off with blue stats for the first time in a while.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 10:57:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:I haven't played in a few days and feel better already. Lol. 4 day trip to Pittsburgh tomorrow and I'll get back on next week. See how things go.  
View Quote

Yep...I should have listened to all of those guys that said "take a break" when they said take a break.  Instead I pushed it being the stubborn guy I am and went too far!
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 7:11:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yeah I quit playing back at version 8.9 the one that brought in the second German TD line.  Got too repetitive and the noobs were really ruining any fun in public matches.  What's changed that would want to make a 53%W/L  15,000 battle player want to come back?
View Quote

The stuff that's fun is still there... trolling in Tier X medium wolf packs, clicking people with arty, just depends on what motivates you.  Some people are so terrible that that in itself is entertainment.  Sure you can get tears in games like Battlefield 4 but for some reason, the tears in WOT are a whole different evolution of butthurt.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 8:27:09 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Yeah I quit playing back at version 8.9 the one that brought in the
second German TD line.  Got too repetitive and the noobs were really
ruining any fun in public matches.  What's changed that would want to
make a 53%W/L  15,000 battle player want to come back?
View Quote

Clan Tournaments are a lot of fun right now.  They run a week long, usually, and there are two options: Mon-Sun, or Fri-Sun.  The all-week teams can win 10K gold for 1st place.  The weekend team can win 5K gold.  The tiers vary, anywhere from 1 to 10.  Teams are usually smaller... 5-7, with a couple alternates on the team, as well.  You will play with good players (if you join a good team), and face pretty good to great teams for the most part.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 9:51:52 AM EDT
[#17]
So for tournies at tier 8, looks like 50-100 and 13-90 are the two choices? I really didn't want to do autoloaders or French for that matter, but I guess I might just have to...
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:13:26 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

So for tournies at tier 8, looks like 50-100 and 13-90 are the two choices? I really didn't want to do autoloaders or French for that matter, but I guess I might just have to...
View Quote
I can play any tank shitty... some more so than others.  But I find the AMX 50 100 is a lot of fun.  Just keep in mind, you are not supposed to run out to the front.... even though it is one of the fastest tanks on your team, and with the engine sounds mod, it just sounds so damn cool, like it is supposed to go racing to the front.  13 90 is way more agile than the 50 100, so even better tank at picking off stragglers near the end.

IS-3 & T32 are probably the go-to heavy haulers.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 10:51:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I can play any tank shitty... some more so than others.  But I find the AMX 50 100 is a lot of fun.  Just keep in mind, you are not supposed to run out to the front.... even though it is one of the fastest tanks on your team, and with the engine sounds mod, it just sounds so damn cool, like it is supposed to go racing to the front.  13 90 is way more agile than the 50 100, so even better tank at picking off stragglers near the end.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Listening on TS last night indicated a lot of the big teams were running a blend of 13-90 and 50-100 mixes, very few IS-3's and no mention of T32. I could re-buy a T32 but I'm trying to reserve my garage slots for important things.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:07:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Depends on the map.

For mines, I like to see a Pershing, a T32, two 1390's and a WZ. Always bring T1's with the Hispano Suiza. It far out DPM's everything else at that tier. People who think they're going to bring a fucking MS1 or LolTractor are hamstringing their team. The T1 with the Hispano throwing gold will also damage 50-100's and 1390's.

Options are to have two Pershings instead of a T32 from the North. The WZ is important because you get a bunch of free licks on the 1390's if they rush the hill. If you're going T32, take the 90mm gun. As you're shooting gold anyway, it has higher pen and far out DPM's the bigger gun.

Other maps, like Ruinberg, you want IS3's, 50-100's, and a 1390 or two.

Lineups are *VERY* map dependant. Just don't bring useless shit like Tiger 2's, T28Prot, etc.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:19:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Depends on the map.

For mines, I like to see a Pershing, a T32, two 1390's and a WZ. Always bring T1's with the Hispano Suiza. It far out DPM's everything else at that tier. People who think they're going to bring a fucking MS1 or LolTractor are hamstringing their team. The T1 with the Hispano throwing gold will also damage 50-100's and 1390's.

Options are to have two Pershings instead of a T32 from the North. The WZ is important because you get a bunch of free licks on the 1390's if they rush the hill. If you're going T32, take the 90mm gun. As you're shooting gold anyway, it has higher pen and far out DPM's the bigger gun.

Lineups are *VERY* map dependant. Just don't bring useless shit like Tiger 2's, T28Prot, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends on the map.

Figures all my favorite tanks are considered "non competitive", and the ones I have no interest in are. The ONLY reason I'm even grinding the IS line was for CW and strongholds. I HATE the 1s so far, I don't even have the gumption to grind the 14K for the 122 D-25.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:19:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I jumped into mine for a single game yesterday, got dropped into a tier 7 game loaded with heavies.  Didn't bother with a second.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh yeah.  And just because you fuckers talked me into rebuying the M5 Stuart in order to grind out the 87 million xp needed to upgrade to the Chaffee, you will do your part to suffer by having to read my updates.

31k to go.

I logged on to WOT last night at 10pm just to get my double in the M5.  It took me 7 games in this POS to get a win.  This shit sucks.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:40:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Figures all my favorite tanks are considered "non competitive", and the ones I have no interest in are. The ONLY reason I'm even grinding the IS line was for CW and strongholds. I HATE the 1s so far, I don't even have the gumption to grind the 14K for the 122 D-25.
View Quote

I already had it unlocked from going up the line to the ST-I so I only had to unlock treads & turret.  The 122 is THE reason the 1S is being sent to the WOT gulag.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:50:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends on the map.

I'm with ya brother. The KV1s sucks and the IS is even worse.

But believe you me, the IS3 is worth it.

The Russian heavies take some getting used to. I tend to snapshot and that shit hits like a boss. Let your reticle shrink to about half and let her fly. As long as your intended victim is in the middle of the reticle, somehow you magically hit about 85%. IS7 is a buttload of fun too.  

Try out the Pershing. You'll like it. I've seen guys running the 4502, and taking on the gold league guys, they USED the 4502 to great effect. 416 pops up occasionally. Mostly, the 1390, WZ, 50-100, IS3, T32, and the Pershing are the primary tanks.

ETA: if you're running French lights, bring food in place of fire extinguisher. I know, I know, even Stalin brings a fire extinguisher. Well, problem is that it will immensely help you with shooting on the move, which you should be doing anyway, spotting, loading, etc. A gold medkit is also necessary as running without it, and losing a single crewmember in a French tank is a crippling blow.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 11:53:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Finding that hard to do based on first statement.  But, then again, what would one expect from such an obviously squirrely fellow as yourself, lover of the STA-1, Pershing and Pattons, and all other tanks without armor and high RoF.  The Russian heavy lines are the 540 degs (that's 2x the 180 degs!) opposite from your preferred tanks.

Quoted:

Don't like the KV-1S, you say?!?! Oh My!
ETA:cause, meet effect

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:03:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Premium tanks on sale? Don't mind if I do. I just picked up a Type 64 and an SU100Y. Let the three day weekend begin.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:21:33 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Premium tanks on sale? Don't mind if I do. I just picked up a Type 64 and an SU100Y. Let the three day weekend begin.
View Quote
Oh, good heavens, looks like I'll be transferring some more $$ out of the US economy today.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:24:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Oh, good heavens, looks like I'll be transferring some more $$ out of the US economy today.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have a Type 64 yet Leisure?  If not...please for the love of all that is holy, GET ONE!  Ask Larry how much fun we had the other night in them....
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:27:14 PM EDT
[#29]
*** AR_15 CLAN - REMINDER ANNOUNCEMENT ***

Gents, we're focusing on Stronghold battles for Monday and Wednesday nights at 21:00 CT.  Again, we'll run any night we have enough guys on but that's our primary focus unless we get feedback from the majority that different nights would work better.  Be advised that weekends are out though since we're also trying to participate in the weekly Skirmishes.

On a side note, please make sure when you're in WoT that you garrison yourself in the Command Center.  The Command Center can hold the entire clan, but the other buildings have limited garrison numbers.  So we can and have run into nights were we can't garrison everyone in a building we want to work on because guys that aren't online are still garrisoned there and taking up a slot.

As always, if any of you need anything hit me or one of the other officers up either here or on TS.  It's an open door policy and we value input from everyone.  Good hunting gentlemen.

E-95
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:44:35 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Do you have a Type 64 yet Leisure?  If not...please for the love of all that is holy, GET ONE!  Ask Larry how much fun we had the other night in them....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

As of 30 seconds ago, yes I do.... and last night Larry told me about both of your antics the other night. "They've got me surrounded!"

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:51:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Finding that hard to do based on first statement.  But, then again, what would one expect from such an obviously squirrely fellow as yourself, lover of the STA-1, Pershing and Pattons, and all other tanks without armor and high RoF.  The Russian heavy lines are the 540 degs (that's 2x the 180 degs!) opposite from your preferred tanks.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know, right?

But one night in a tourney we ran out of guys with IS3's and I had enough tourney gold to free XP unlock everything for it and transfer my three skill T62A crew into it. We're not like most clans where everyone's got a IS3 and nobody's got a 50-100. EVERYONE's got a 50-100 and nobody there had an IS3.

From there it was love. I got the barrel star in under 100 battles.

Then the IS8 happened, and about ruined everything.

But the IS7 made it all better again. I love that ugly tank.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 1:19:32 PM EDT
[#32]
So do we know where the new American light line will branch off from the Chaffee? Gun, Radio, Engine?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 1:33:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm about 50K away from the IS4, and looking forward to it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 1:55:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, for what's on sale, is that the tank I need?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:10:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It seems soft when shooting at them. Might be just my experience.

Dat gun though. I'm glad I went up the IS7 line before embarking on the IS4. When I get around to actually doing the IS4 line, I'll have pretty much every gun for the line unlocked.

Weird face was in full effect when I unlocked the top IS8 gun and it told me that the IS4 that I don't have was now elite.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:17:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Dat gun though. I'm glad I went up the IS7 line before embarking on the IS4. When I get around to actually doing the IS4 line, I'll have pretty much every gun for the line unlocked.

Weird face was in full effect when I unlocked the top IS8 gun and it told me that the IS4 that I don't have was now elite.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same on the ST-I when I unlocked the top gun.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:19:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
As of 30 seconds ago, yes I do.... and last night Larry told me about both of your antics the other night. "They've got me surrounded!"

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That poor Hellcat and VK3601 didn't stand a chance  
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:23:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IF you like scout tanks, then yes, it's utterly ridiculous fun times.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:00:11 PM EDT
[#39]
I think I want to make the switch to the other AR15 clan. I want to actually get involved with strongholds, cw, and all of those tourneys when my CG schedule allows. If there is space I'll drop my other AR tags.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:04:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I think I want to make the switch to the other AR15 clan. I want to actually get involved with strongholds, cw, and all of those tourneys when my CG schedule allows. If there is space I'll drop my other AR tags.
View Quote

PM the CO of the clan you want to switch to and he'll hook you up.

E-95
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:09:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

E-95
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

E-95

He is talking about joining _15.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:25:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Tourneys are not clan dependent.

AR_15 could start a tourney and have Tyman (Foxey), BigAJ (Relic) and me (Sobad) on their tourney team. Not that it would ever go like that, but you get the idea. My WGLNA team has two SIMP guys, a bulls guy, a PBCAC guy, two Bulba guys and two Sobad guys.

CW and Stronkholds, *ARE* clan dependent, however.

That said, the tier 8 Stronkholds battles are literally a direct anagram of Tourney play, and occasionally you'll run into Bronze/Silver/Gold teams there so have your A game at the ready! It's awesome practice and you don't have the hours of Johnny-Fuck-A-Round time between matches like you do in team battles, which is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:34:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Good to see Larry and Zoomies in a match. Too bad we did the lemming train thing, but as somebody else said...better to be on it than left behind by it. Especially with tier IXs in a X match.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:43:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Good to see Larry and Zoomies in a match. Too bad we did the lemming train thing, but as somebody else said...better to be on it than left behind by it. Especially with tier IXs in a X match.
View Quote

Was Larry in the Patton?
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 3:51:12 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Was Larry in the Patton?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Was Larry in the Patton?

50 120

I can't buy a win in my 40t today, but I'm damn sure having fun. A had a Centurion and Conqueror holding up 4 or 5 of our tanks who were afraid to come around the west rock on Fisherman's Bay to get them. I reloaded and went over the the hill at full speed on them, but I unintentionally went flying through, slamming into both of them and tracking them while somehow NOT tracking myself in the process. Kept running around behind them and put shots into their asses while the guys they'd been holding up finally flooded around and raped them. Lots of fun, but still a loss.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:00:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Saw Zoomies in a match last evening.  He was trying to kill me with his arty all match but I finally was able to get him

I did apologize afterwards though
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:13:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

And you didn't TK him?!?

BAD GORILLA!!!!
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:29:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 4:52:04 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

View Quote
Of course I have to be out of town without a computer to log on with and buy an IS6.

Link Posted: 8/29/2014 5:05:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Of course I have to be out of town without a computer to log on with and buy an IS6.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This IS6 isn't on sale. Just the tier 4-6 premium stuff.
Page / 1010
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top