Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 47
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 2:38:09 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Got my HHG Tuesday...still trying to unpack.
View Quote

Who are you??
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 4:49:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Who are you??

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Who are you??

mercinary, STAY WOKE!!!

Link Posted: 1/17/2016 9:00:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

mercinary, STAY WOKE!!!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who are you??

mercinary, STAY WOKE!!!  
Poor guys didn't even have a chance!

Link Posted: 1/17/2016 10:54:57 PM EDT
[#4]
So if I were to say i have a profound dislike for Scarper and Co. on the WT forums, would any of you happen to know who I am referring to?

Seeing as the group of guys I game with get referred to as the "War Gaming's Paid Trolls" all the time lol

Oh, also, let us not forget the Supar Sekrit New Tonk
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 1:39:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Who are you??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who are you??

You don't have a clue?
Link Posted: 1/20/2016 4:35:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Today is the 308th day that I have logged in and gotten my bonuses. Even though I see a few names in the squadron tab, I never see any of you guys as "online" on my friends list. I'm here and I'm playing every day, though that may be changing anytime now. My wife ought to be going into labor sometime this week or the next...
Link Posted: 1/26/2016 6:24:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Today is the 308th day that I have logged in and gotten my bonuses. Even though I see a few names in the squadron tab, I never see any of you guys as "online" on my friends list. I'm here and I'm playing every day, though that may be changing anytime now. My wife ought to be going into labor sometime this week or the next...
View Quote

My play time is here and there, but congrats on the wife in labor thing!!! Good luck!
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:53:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Just found out about a skill calculator thingy majiggy.

http://thunderskill.com/stat/Rubic13

It says I'm a good player

http://thunderskill.com/regiment/-AR15-

And break down of AR15 itself...we're not so good
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 7:00:34 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote

Apparently the site doesn't like me..

After a bit of searching I've found that I, too, am a good player.
Link Posted: 2/5/2016 9:09:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I, on the other hand, apparently am not.  I'd like to think it is because the system discriminates against American tanks.  Unfortunately, it is more likely that I am just not a really good player...

Mike
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 12:51:14 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I, on the other hand, apparently am not.  I'd like to think it is because the system discriminates against American tanks.  Unfortunately, it is more likely that I am just not a really good player...

Mike
View Quote

Is ok Mike. Since ground forces have been released my numbers have gone down too
Link Posted: 2/6/2016 2:39:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote
You might have me beat in realistic overall. But that might be due to my sim conversion.

I don't play arcade. Period.

ETA: got you beat both places in kdr .( Admittedly that's all I play for anymore. Don't give two shits about wins personally.)

Link Posted: 2/9/2016 2:35:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I didn't realize arfcom played warthunder.  Who do I get in touch with for teamspeak info?
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:17:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Just got notification that some fuck in Mexico hacked into my account.
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 3:09:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Haven't played WT in a while now. First game after downloading it again. Not my best game, but 4 kills in one match is terribly rare for me anyway, especially with a nearly-stock Panther D.

BTW, if you haven't yet, download the new sound mod. Vast improvement in tank gun and engine sounds.

WT sound mod link

Link Posted: 3/7/2016 1:31:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Anyone on tonight?
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 12:02:16 PM EDT
[#17]
I realized I haven't updated this thread in a while. I haven't been doing much gaming at all over the past several months.
Link Posted: 3/23/2016 10:36:51 PM EDT
[#18]
It happens.
The 1.57 patch dropped a week ago. P-61 Black Widows, Do-335 Pfeils, Sunderland, and some targ..err, tanks were thrown in.
Link Posted: 3/24/2016 9:06:36 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

It happens. The 1.57 patch dropped a week ago. P-61 Black Widows, Do-335 Pfeils, Sunderland, and some targ..err, tanks were thrown in.

View Quote
with the BR compression and ghey shit going on, i stopped playing.

Link Posted: 3/29/2016 5:22:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Anyone else not able to get on the server this afternoon?  Since today's update, there is a new logon screen asking if you want to authenticate through steam (which fails for me, so if you set up through Gijin using your email, use the "I already have an account" thing), and then it hangs connecting to the server.

Mike
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 5:35:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Anyone else not able to get on the server this afternoon?  Since today's update, there is a new logon screen asking if you want to authenticate through steam (which fails for me, so if you set up through Gijin using your email, use the "I already have an account" thing), and then it hangs connecting to the server.

Mike
View Quote

Just updated, did not see the new logon screen, logged on, and am flying out in a 109E4 on some Soviet operation map.
Link Posted: 3/29/2016 9:42:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, still have the login screen, but I think I solved the connection to the server issue - my Comcast Cable Modem reverted to factory default settings today (I noticed because I had lost my wireless) and in redoing everything I set the firewall to the most secure setting, which apparently was causing War Thunder to not be able to connect to the server.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/1/2016 3:07:20 PM EDT
[#23]
For April fools they added in old school pirate ships and actualy ship on ship battles on the water. The important part about this is I believe most people will miss is the fact the mechanics needed for naval combat in WT are 100% in place as of this "joke". That tells me they have been working on naval assets like I've been saying for a long time now. Maybe this means one day we will have full combined warfare all on one map. That would be bloody awesome. Tanks and other vehicles duking it out on land (maybe infantry one day too), aircraft duking it out in the skys and blowing things up on the land and sea, naval units fighting in the waters whilst supporting land operations with CV's and other ships bombarding the land.

If WT can pull this off and fix the battle scaling system the game has the potential IMO to be the best combat based game made in a good long time.

I can honestly say I look forward to the future in this game.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 4:15:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Ive noticed a lot of new arfcommers in the squad chat as of late. Do you guys have a teamspeak that you are using? Im getting tired of playing with myself...
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 4:59:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Just got a joystick and started playing Sim. So far my best game was 4 kills, 5 deaths. 3 deaths were me crashing
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 9:52:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Just got a joystick and started playing Sim. So far my best game was 4 kills, 5 deaths. 3 deaths were me crashing
View Quote

I have an x55 and just got a trackIR so im looking to get into more sim flying myself.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 1:03:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Tracking seems to be the hardest part. My joystick has an analog stick on top for looking; but it's hard to do that and maneuver at the same time
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 8:33:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Tracking seems to be the hardest part. My joystick has an analog stick on top for looking; but it's hard to do that and maneuver at the same time
View Quote

I had given up on flying sim till i got some sort of head tracking. 3 hat switches on my joystick and all of them setup for looking around one way or another but i would still get lost looking around and end up crashing. I now have 6 degrees of freedom head tracking and no idea what to bind those hats to.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 9:53:22 PM EDT
[#29]
I need to get a functioning computer. I miss getting drunk and attempting to shoot down planes.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:07:09 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I need to get a functioning computer. I miss getting drunk and attempting to shoot down planes.
View Quote

Yeah you do..we miss having you around
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 12:34:33 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well bless your heart
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 4:22:14 AM EDT
[#32]
I finally had a positive K/D in a game of sim- 5/3

Now I'm officially a German ace
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 9:56:08 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Well bless your heart
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well bless your heart
Don't speak too soon....I didn't say why we miss having you here..

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 10:46:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Considering I haven't played in forever, has it gotten better...........or worse?

I'm leaning towards worse...like always

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 10:45:11 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Considering I haven't played in forever, has it gotten better...........or worse?

I'm leaning towards worse...like always

View Quote

Has what aspect gotten better or worse?  Vehicle selection has gotten better since there are more available now than before
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 1:38:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Just switched from arcade tank battles to realistic. So much more fun...

At least now you can compensate for shitty tanks with patience and strategy.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 11:57:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Just switched from arcade tank battles to realistic. So much more fun...

At least now you can compensate for shitty tanks with patience and strategy.
View Quote

Light dawns on damp towel.
Welcome to the club! Well have to get together for some hot steamy RB tank action.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:22:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Anyone up for some RB Fighters tomorrow ? PM me  . Im not a newb but dont know hoe to get into server to play with team mates.  I have All the way up to Bear/tiger cat
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:30:22 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Anyone up for some RB Fighters tomorrow ? PM me  . Im not a newb but dont know hoe to get into server to play with team mates.  I have All the way up to Bear/tiger cat
View Quote

When are you thinking? I'm sure we've got someone who can squad up with you. "Hell, if you can't find anybody, give me a call. I'll fly with you"
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 12:18:03 PM EDT
[#40]
after 2pm central.  Will I need voice chat. ?
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:22:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll need that TS info as well also please and thank you.

I've got up to Maus/Russian high tier.

With planes I've got the Sabre.  New to RB flying though. I've done sim but don't have my track-ir set up.  In RB is a mouse/keyboard still the way to go?
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 2:55:46 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

With planes I've got the Sabre.  New to RB flying though. I've done sim but don't have my track-ir set up.  In RB is a mouse/keyboard still the way to go?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Realistic is definitely easier with m&k. I'll get you guys setup with some IPs when I get back on the computer.

Medic, voice will be extremely helpful. Most of the guys use Teamspeak.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:37:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Realistic is definitely easier with m&k. I'll get you guys setup with some IPs when I get back on the computer.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I figured as much. I've only done a little flying when I spawn a P-51 or dive bomber in RB tank battles to do some ground attack.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:48:19 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I figured as much. I've only done a little flying when I spawn a P-51 or dive bomber in RB tank battles to do some ground attack.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i use a joystick so boom and zoom is my game.  Ill download team speak tomorrow but have no mic. I think my pc has one built in.  Im going pick up a shotgun tomorrow but ill im you both and we will figure it out
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:40:22 AM EDT
[#45]
FW-190s are the way to go for RB fun. They wreck everything. They're a lot harder in sim because they fly like they're shaking apart

Flying the Mustang Ds really makes me sad because I like the plane so much; but everything outperforms them in this game. US is the hardest nation to play period, due to lack of cannons IMO
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:29:38 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

FW-190s are the way to go for RB fun. They wreck everything. They're a lot harder in sim because they fly like they're shaking apart

Flying the Mustang Ds really makes me sad because I like the plane so much; but everything outperforms them in this game. US is the hardest nation to play period, due to lack of cannons IMO
View Quote
I went from doing the worst to the best with the p51 d30 . I average one kill in RB sometimes 2 which doesnt sound like much but so far only the high end BF109 and jets can hang with the d30.  The zeros cant turn at altitude and hang like targets above 14k ft when your doing 300 mph . Its all  waiting and angles and turn fighters like to set themselves up for being killed from above.

Update for tonight . Im downloading team speak and setting up my mic.  Wife has given me a job at 6 to do with the kids while shes at work but Ill be in and off through the day.  My name is the same as here so instant message me if possible and we will try to play a bit.   I have a weird work schedule so in off tomorrow too
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:19:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Im on fmla for the next 7 weeks taking care of my spawn so ill be available for gaming between bottles and snugglies and shit. What TS server are you guys hanging out on?

Eta: I keep getting the "not connected to chat" message. So ingame chat may not work for me.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:45:16 PM EDT
[#48]
im new to team speak not sure how it works. last thing i used was roger wilco 15 years ago
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 7:48:11 PM EDT
[#49]
In Tank RB when you have aircraft also added to your 'lineup' how does their battle rating affect your placement in a match?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 8:26:17 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

In Tank RB when you have aircraft also added to your 'lineup' how does their battle rating affect your placement in a match?
View Quote

You don't want them to vary...
Page / 47
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top