Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 136
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 12:27:51 PM EDT
[#1]
a lot of fun if you have a friend playing with you and one of you is in passive mode and the other sticks a sticky to your car... you drive up untouched to the person you want to kill and have your friend detonate the sticky.

Trolllolollollol.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 11:09:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
a lot of fun if you have a friend playing with you and one of you is in passive mode and the other sticks a sticky to your car... you drive up untouched to the person you want to kill and have your friend detonate the sticky.

Trolllolollollol.
View Quote

THAT SOUNDS AWESOME!!!!

What's your gamer tag and when can we do this?  

Furies 556
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 1:58:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Yo, homie, accept my request.
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 1:59:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Trolllolollollol.
View Quote

I have the armored truck thing, it takes a handful of sticky bombs to blow it up, so I'll put 2 on my truck, then do the same thing and detonate it myself.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 5:45:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Anybody been on and gotten the new update?  I just got the email about double xp and cash this weekend.  I tried playing a couple missions by myself after getting kicked out of two heists.  It seemed way fucking harder than the last time I had been on.  I had to bring out the minigun to get through rooftop rumble.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:29:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Anybody been on and gotten the new update?  I just got the email about double xp and cash this weekend.  I tried playing a couple missions by myself after getting kicked out of two heists.  It seemed way fucking harder than the last time I had been on.  I had to bring out the minigun to get through rooftop rumble.
View Quote

I'll try to be on PS4 to take advantage of it this weekend. Definitely need to get the crew together on some stuff, these randoms kill me.
Link Posted: 7/7/2015 8:10:00 PM EDT
[#7]
So the girlfriend just gave me a ps4 as an early birthday present (2 months early)

So it looks like I no longer have to be a peasent

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 9:29:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So the girlfriend just gave me a ps4 as an early birthday present (2 months early)

So it looks like I no longer have to be a peasent

View Quote

Thank god. These randoms are destroying my soul.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 9:41:17 AM EDT
[#9]
I tried to convert my character and it is finding a throwaway level 3 I made when the game first came out. Not my level 150.

Shit if I have to start over this is gonna suck.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 10:48:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I tried to convert my character and it is finding a throwaway level 3 I made when the game first came out. Not my level 150.

View Quote

Yikes. Social Club issue? Didn't transfer the character already on another system I hope.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 11:45:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yikes. Social Club issue? Didn't transfer the character already on another system I hope.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, as soon as it popped up I cancelled the transfer.  

I'm going to log into my ps3 and make sure my character is still there, then take some pictures of stats, cars, etc. So if I still can get it I can file a ticket with rockstar.

Worst case scenario I have to start fresh, which will be annoying, but it will be funny when a level 5 is owning level 100+ players. It could be the ultimate troll.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 6:26:37 PM EDT
[#12]
SLLENT_SLN is my psn, hit me up on the ps4
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 8:57:06 AM EDT
[#13]
I think I figured out my issue, I have 2 psn ids tied to my email address. The one that I used on my ps3, and the one I used on my sisters ps3 when I was babysitting my nephew. It seems I logged into my ps4 with the throwaway. And rockstar ties the character transfer to psn ID and not your social club id

So I guess I should have read the instructions for once.

On another note I am floored by the graphics is single player. I keep just cruising around the city and not wanting to waste time on the missions.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 9:42:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I think I figured out my issue, I have 2 psn ids tied to my email address. The one that I used on my ps3, and the one I used on my sisters ps3 when I was babysitting my nephew. It seems I logged into my ps4 with the throwaway. And rockstar ties the character transfer to psn ID and not your social club id

So I guess I should have read the instructions for once.

On another note I am floored by the graphics is single player. I keep just cruising around the city and not wanting to waste time on the missions.
View Quote

PS4 is pretty sick. I actually got GTAV while still in grad school, so I made it a point to never get sucked into the campaign. I didn't play SP until I got my PS4. Great game. Worth the wait.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 9:55:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Last night I got my psn id issue straightened out ant my character transfered.

I actually had my ps3 and my ps4 running gta at the same time and was flipping back and forth on the TV to make sure everything wash kosher. And damn there is a definite difference.

It was totally worth my girlfriend spending that much money on me
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 10:14:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Glad to hear it. Toss me an add if we aren't friends already (iamthekenny) and I'll see you on PSN.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 10:48:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Glad to hear it. Toss me an add if we aren't friends already (iamthekenny) and I'll see you on PSN.
View Quote

I am pretty sure you are already on my list from the ps3 glory days.

Although wombat pulled me into a heist with a bunch of new guys.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:56:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Bonus RP/Cash for the prison break, gents.

Let's stack paper.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 12:57:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Hey dumb question.
I have a PS4, and a PS3.  I have GTA 5 on PS3.  Do I need to buy a PS4 version or can I use the PS3 disk?
I have a felling I already know the answer but I'm hoping I don't have to buy a new disc.  I just can't seem to give up playing this game even with all the bullshit fuck ups from Rockstar.
Plus I miss playing with crew and trolling randoms.
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 1:45:13 PM EDT
[#20]
You'll need to buy the PS4 disc, sorry man.

Was worth it to me
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 2:39:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
You'll need to buy the PS4 disc, sorry man.

Was worth it to me
View Quote

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Link Posted: 7/16/2015 2:39:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Bonus RP/Cash for the prison break, gents.

Let's stack paper.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/16/2015 2:45:17 PM EDT
[#23]
The best heist too

No fucking stealth setups
Link Posted: 7/16/2015 2:57:16 PM EDT
[#24]
I just hope my broadband holds out.  It has been fucky all week, on the plus side att credited me $10 off my bill this month because of it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 3:53:14 PM EDT
[#25]
I'll be on tonight on PS3.

Apologies upfront for being drunk.

Furies 556
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 3:07:10 PM EDT
[#26]
I just got gta 5...   asturg123456789
.add me .I'm usually  online playing if I'm not at work
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 7:59:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I just got gta 5...   asturg123456789
.add me .I'm usually  online playing if I'm not at work
View Quote

Which system
Link Posted: 7/19/2015 10:34:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Ps3
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 9:36:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Ps3
View Quote

Furries and ZachWaller and a couple of other guys are still pimping ps3

And in typical arf fashion, they can help you fuck up a whole server.  

Search back through this thread for their full psn ids and get on the arf crew.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 1:15:10 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm still rockin out on PS3

PSN: Kskwiot

And Rockstar just announced double $ & RP for humane labs...all week.  Anybody up for a few platt toughs tonight?  I dread playing deliver emp with randumbs...

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:06:32 PM EDT
[#31]
OK installing it now on PS4...what time do you fuckers get on normally?

Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:39:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Depends, if the weather is shit then I get on around 5 est. If it's nice I go ride my motorcycle or garage drink.

And I try to get on for the evening session with everyone else around 8ish, and if I'm not paying attention we will end up playing until 2am
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:44:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Depends, if the weather is shit then I get on around 5 est. If it's nice I go ride my motorcycle or garage drink.

And I try to get on for the evening session with everyone else around 8ish, and if I'm not paying attention we will end up playing until 2am
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

cool...I'm gonna get on and dick around for a bit and try to meet up later if yall are on. I still recongnize some of the crew from BF4 and the PS3 GTA days.

I should be a member of the crew still on social club but my psn is cgaight, feel free to add me.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:48:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

cool...I'm gonna get on and dick around for a bit and try to meet up later if yall are on. I still recongnize some of the crew from BF4 and the PS3 GTA days.

I should be a member of the crew still on social club but my psn is cgaight, feel free to add me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will probably get on tonight in about 2 hours, that should give you time to transfer your character, relearn the mechanics, and grind some missions.
Link Posted: 7/21/2015 6:57:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Holy shit that digital install time...looks like Ill be on tomorrow or thursday.

15 minutes and still 0%  

eta- If my math is correct, I'm looking at 40+ hours of download time at 21 mbps down unless my connection speeds up when everyone goes to bed. Ho lee fuk.

eta2 - Had to do some ninja skills and change my DNS settings, and now it's moving 100x faster. Should be online around midnight.

Pro Tip: if you're thinking about buying a digital copy through the PS Store, don't.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 4:03:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Just need to knock out the EMP delivery and we'll be set for a humane labs run tomorrow night. If it's all crew we should be able to do hardmode at 25% each.

I was full of fail last night because I had company. I'll do better next time.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 8:22:30 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm a level 5 Thug.

I'm down to grind out some jobs or whatever in a bit if anyone's on. Do you have to be high level to do heists?
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 8:24:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'm a level 5 Thug.

I'm down to grind out some jobs or whatever in a bit if anyone's on. Do you have to be high level to do heists?
View Quote

You can be invited at low level, just expect to get booted unless it's a crew member hosting
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 4:22:01 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
You can be invited at low level, just expect to get booted unless it's a crew member hosting
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm a level 5 Thug.

Yea crew members will help out.  And we can drop weapons for you to pick up before doing a mission or heist.  A pistol won't get you far in a heist.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 10:55:47 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yea crew members will help out.  And we can drop weapons for you to pick up before doing a mission or heist.  A pistol won't get you far in a heist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm a level 5 Thug.

Meh.

They usually give you a decent gun at the start of a heist, and there will be more on the ground after we plow through.  

And the DLC guns aren't level locked, so it really isn't a big deal anymore
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 11:35:12 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
And the DLC guns aren't level locked, so it really isn't a big deal anymore
View Quote

That and the PS4 community has plenty of skilled level 10's who just didn't transfer their PS3 character for whatever reason.

Also a ton of window lickers at all levels, but....
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 12:45:05 PM EDT
[#42]
50% off the hydra today...
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 6:52:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Ok the game basically erased my save. I didn't see that I could transfer my old character over so now I'm a level 65 with a nice apartment and 600k in the bank. Its been december 2013 since I've played, so basically a noob. Especially with the phone/interface system.

Also I had my earbuds in and I couldn't hear anyone in multiple lobbies. Maybe I had a mute setting on, but I couldnt find one. The other problem is I'd hit the join crew members and Id have no idea who was in the crew in the lobby I just joined. Is there a way to get the crew tags on player names in game, for invites, and on the minimap? That would help a ton.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:29:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Ok the game basically erased my save. I didn't see that I could transfer my old character over so now I'm a level 65 with a nice apartment and 600k in the bank. Its been december 2013 since I've played, so basically a noob. Especially with the phone/interface system.

Also I had my earbuds in and I couldn't hear anyone in multiple lobbies. Maybe I had a mute setting on, but I couldnt find one. The other problem is I'd hit the join crew members and Id have no idea who was in the crew in the lobby I just joined. Is there a way to get the crew tags on player names in game, for invites, and on the minimap? That would help a ton.
View Quote

On the map or mini-map friends and crew members have a colored circle around their blip.  On PS3 our crew color is green right now.
I'm home sick so I'll be on today grinding for cash so I can grab a Progen T20.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 12:18:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

On the map or mini-map friends and crew members have a colored circle around their blip.  On PS3 our crew color is green right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

PS4 or I'd hop on for a bit later.
Link Posted: 7/28/2015 11:45:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Game is beautiful, but 30 fps is punishing on my eyes when trying to move the camera while driving. This would be incredible with 60+
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 5:48:15 PM EDT
[#47]
So I've been perusing craigslist locally and can pretty much grab a used ps4 for about $200...

I'm really only interested in gtao, is there still substantial folks playing in the crew?

I'm still on ps3 and predominantly play on another crew because there is never anybody on from arfcom.

Thinking about pulling the trigger next week
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 5:50:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So I've been perusing craigslist locally and can pretty much grab a used ps4 for about $200...

I'm really only interested in gtao, is there still substantial folks playing in the crew?

I'm still on ps3 and predominantly play on another crew because there is never anybody on from arfcom.

View Quote

yes. still people on from ar15 crew.

There is a big update coming out Tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 6:19:34 PM EDT
[#49]
I'm on all the time but I usually play with another crew active. Just friend me - mention arfcom

iamthekenny
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 5:30:26 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Link to notes for further reading since I'm at work?

Page / 136
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top