Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 11
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 4:43:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So ready to play this game. Is it a midnight launch in the U.S. on steam?
View Quote

Midnight Eastern Time
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 4:49:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Midnight Eastern Time
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Midnight Eastern Time

benefit of living on the west coast!
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 4:50:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, or earlier if you trick Steam with a VPN.

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 5:05:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Midnight Eastern Time

yeah, I'm glad they started doing the whole US at the same time lately instead of rolling through the time zones.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 5:33:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol and risk your entire steam account, I think I'll wait
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 6:03:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah.  Cheating to get a game that by all accounts is a 100-200 (or more) hour game a couple hours early doesn't even sound like something that should be considered.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 6:09:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yeah.  Cheating to get a game that by all accounts is a 100-200 (or more) hour game a couple hours early doesn't even sound like something that should be considered.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

risking my 12 year old steam account - no thanks
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 7:40:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I literally just got done looking at Steam through a EU proxy server but could not justify the risk for a few hours of early play
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 7:46:31 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm going to talk about some items in the game none of it is story related so I don't believe it to be a spoiler just in case ill spoiler tag it otherwise I know someone will complain I hurt their feels
Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 11/9/2015 8:02:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm going to talk about some items in the game none of it is story related so I don't believe it to be a spoiler just in case ill spoiler tag it otherwise I know someone will complain I hurt their feels

Click To View Spoiler

View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 8:13:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If anyone has not installed the pip boy app on your phone (it will work with or without the pip boy edition of the game) you should.

There's even a demo mode that lets you experiment with it and see what all it can do.

It's pretty sweet.
View Quote

Is that  available for Android?
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 8:21:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If anyone has not installed the pip boy app on your phone (it will work with or without the pip boy edition of the game) you should.

There's even a demo mode that lets you experiment with it and see what all it can do.

It's pretty sweet.

Yep.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 9:18:32 PM EDT
[#14]
i'm watching the clock on the wall here at work and i think it's not moving.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 9:49:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
i'm watching the clock on the wall here at work and i think it's not moving.
View Quote

That will be me tomorrow morning..
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 11:13:48 PM EDT
[#16]
I have to wait until tomorrow evening to play.  It's not going to unlock until after I go to bed.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 11:25:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yep.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's pretty sweet.

Yep.

Damn, not for Kindle Fire HDX apparently.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 11:26:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have to wait until tomorrow evening to play.  It's not going to unlock until after I go to bed.
View Quote

Same here... I'm too old to be staying up all night to play a game when it drops at midnight.

And to make matters worse my long awaited CZ Scorpion stock kit shows up in the brown truck tomorrow. I just know I'm going to have parts all over my desk while trying to play this damn game.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 11:55:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Well I fucking goofed by not downloading Fallout 4 from Steam until tonight.  It's going a a breakneck 137 KB/s.  I guess at this rate I should be ready to play by Thanksgiving.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 11:57:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Well I fucking goofed by not downloading Fallout 4 from Steam until tonight.  It's going a a breakneck 137 KB/s.  I guess at this rate I should be ready to play by Thanksgiving.
View Quote

Mine downloaded fairly quickly... took me like <30 min.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 11:59:16 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

That's usually what how long it takes for me to download a game but tonight it is moving at a snail's pace.

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 12:00:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That's usually what how long it takes for me to download a game but tonight it is moving at a snail's pace.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have no fear, the rest of us will let you know how cool (or bug filled) it is.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 12:02:42 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL

They will probably have a patch or two out by the time I finally have it downloaded.

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 12:47:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 1:00:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Click play...says downloading 24gb/24gb and the time keeps going up, went from 10 seconds to 30 minutes to 50 minutes lol wtfux.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 1:05:14 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Click play...says downloading 24gb/24gb and the time keeps going up, went from 10 seconds to 30 minutes to 50 minutes lol wtfux.
View Quote

yup. Guess that preloading I did was worthless
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 1:05:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep they could have preloaded this patch, too.

My time is constantly going down but I'm still half tempted to say fuck it and crash out.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 1:06:03 AM EDT
[#28]
It's midnight EST right? Still can't play.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 2:32:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Played for an hour and a half.  Like it so far.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 5:14:53 AM EDT
[#30]
SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Nuclear weapons caused the devastation in this game.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 8:35:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Nuclear weapons caused the devastation in this game.
View Quote

No shit.  I thought it was because of the Vault-Tec Healthcare Act.  hmmmm
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 10:59:03 AM EDT
[#32]
I was only able to "play" for about five minutes this morning before I had to leave for work.

My playtime consisted of:

- Waiting to download whatever that other thing was it needed
- Finally launch and find out the game does not natively support ultrawide resolutions
- Let my fingers do the walking
- PC master race the shit out of the prefs files to disable mouse acceleration, enable ultrawide / adjust the FOV and disable the annoying startup movie.
- Restart the game with beautiful ultrawide 3440x1440 res, a slightly stretched HUD (but livable) and pretty nice graphics
- Realize I have to leave for work and I spent all my time this morning PC master racing
- Frowny face
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 11:51:11 AM EDT
[#33]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tXJe4vtDdQ

this video shows you how to get into the test area in the game with all the items and craftables
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 2:17:07 PM EDT
[#34]
The mouse smoothing and fov really bothered me last night. A quarter second input delay was Yuck as fuck.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 2:51:28 PM EDT
[#35]
The UI in-game is terrible, especially when you're building your base. Looks like everything was optimized for console. I'm playing with Ultra graphics and some of the textures and graphics are gross. It's not really explained how you get items to craft either.

I'm kind of disappointed.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 2:58:54 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

The mouse smoothing and fov really bothered me last night. A quarter second input delay was Yuck as fuck.
View Quote
Unlock Frame Rate, Change FOV, Skip Intro Video, Unlock Console, 21:9 Support and Remove Mouse Acceleration + Other Fixes

Also a temporary SLI fix:

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 3:10:43 PM EDT
[#37]
I knew something else was screwy with aiming. Vertical and horizontal mouse aiming have different settings!
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 4:16:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I was only able to "play" for about five minutes this morning before I had to leave for work.

- Finally launch and find out the game does not natively support ultrawide resolutions
- PC master race the shit out of the prefs files to disable mouse acceleration, enable ultrawide / adjust the FOV and disable the annoying startup movie.
- Restart the game with beautiful ultrawide 3440x1440 res, a slightly stretched HUD (but livable) and pretty nice graphics
- Realize I have to leave for work and I spent all my time this morning PC master racing
- Frowny face
View Quote

I can't even get the damn game to go full screen.  Let allow 2560x1080
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 4:19:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

- Frowny face

I had the same problem. You'll need to manually edit the two prefs files to get what you want. Check out the thread on the Steam forums that is linked to above, that is where I went and that guy's info is solid.

And you might as well do his other tweaks as well when you are in there.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 6:32:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Played through the first several missions last night. off to a great start. this game is gonna be so good.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 8:12:49 PM EDT
[#41]
This game sucks.  It's a poor combination of Skyrim and Dead Island.  They had to drag the fucking intro out long enough that you can't get a Steam refund.  Fucking retarded plot, too...oh, blah blah blah, sob sob...but I've got time to make fucking BEDS for these strangers.

This is seriously the worst game I have played in years.  I may never buy another Bethesda title again.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 8:20:29 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

This game sucks.  It's a poor combination of Skyrim and Dead Island.  They had to drag the fucking intro out long enough that you can't get a Steam refund.  Fucking retarded plot, too...oh, blah blah blah, sob sob...but I've got time to make fucking BEDS for these strangers.

This is seriously the worst game I have played in years.  I may never buy another Bethesda title again.
View Quote

wat
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 8:53:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Just got off work from sitting 8 hours in court and here she is. I told the wife I'd see her in spring and headed down to the basement. I thought it was cool that they had the songs from Fallout 3 playing as you "created" the physical appearance of your character.  

PS
My XM177 was the closest thing to some kind of wasteland rifle that I had. A bit retro like the game but still an ass kicking weapon. Cheers!!!!!

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 8:53:44 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View Quote

Can't tell if serious or just retarded....
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 9:26:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Serious as can be.  I think your fanboyishness is off the charts if you can't see how someone could have a negative opinion of the game.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 9:29:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Serious as can be.  I think your fanboyishness is off the charts if you can't see how someone could have a negative opinion of the game.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I ran into this with F:NV - total waste of money. So far, I'm doing OK with FO4, but I haven't sat down to play it for 40 hours straight.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 9:35:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I respect your opinion. Now if your done go start a "Fallout 4 Sucks" thread and be a downer there.  Out of curiosity, did you not play Fallout 3 or New Vegas?  WTF were you expecting?
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 11:02:58 PM EDT
[#48]
OMG you guys.  It's effing incredible.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 11:11:03 PM EDT
[#49]
I got some time to play tonight, and I have to say once I got all the settings settled (PC Master Race'd the hell out of those pref files some more) the game really is smooth and pretty decent looking. I'm not much past pillaging the original town but this has all the hallmarks of Fallout 3, so I'm liking what I'm seeing so far.

If I had a gripe it would be that I had to open the hood and tweak a bunch of shit to get it running how I wanted it, but I imagine with a few patches it will only get easier and better... day one and all.

And the main thing I like about it so far is the atmosphere is spot on Fallout. I could do without the constant chatter from the protagonist, but it doesn't really take anything away from the vibe.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 11:19:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top