Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 22
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 11:24:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Typing this on a tablet so it might not come out just right, but think back to the end of the last episode as well as the end of last season.  Mike was out to get Hector at the end of last season when he found the note on his windshield.  Pretty obvious now that one of Gus’s men put it on there because they had a GPS  tracker on the car.  At the end of last week's episode, Mike was tailing the gus who had put the GPS on his car and came across the cell phone in the middle of he road.  I'm guessing that it was Gus on the phone telling Mike "Look, if you really want to get even with Hector here's how...".   If you'll notice, the beginning of he show was a Chicken Brothers truck running the same route as what the popsicle truck used to run.  I'm guessing gus saw it as a way to eliminate Hector's guys while still staying out of it.
View Quote
not exactly. the convo with gus was shown in this episode.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 11:30:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
will be interesting to see how Hector ended up in a wheelchair
View Quote
aye
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 11:51:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 11:54:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 12:39:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Plus Chuck invited Jimmy back in the house while waiting for the cops to arrive.
View Quote
In hindsight, he should have went in huh?
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:03:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The Los Pollos truck was a flash forward... the shoes hanging on the wire were the ones Mike hung up there... showing that after Mike set up Salamanca's guys to get arrested at the border, Gus moved in on the route.
View Quote
Right, that's exactly what I was trying to say.  I think gus set up the meeting with the doctor so that Mike could take Hector's people out of play.  I must have missed the part where the phone conversation was shown because I was having to stream it on my tablet.  Damn cable was out Monday night.  :-(
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:13:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The Los Pollos truck was a flash forward... the shoes hanging on the wire were the ones Mike hung up there... showing that after Mike set up Salamanca's guys to get arrested at the border, Gus moved in on the route.
View Quote
Aaaaaaaah! That makes sense now! I thought maybe those old shoes in the beginning of the edisode were from a past failed attempt by mike.

Deleted it from my dvr so I cant go back and look: so the truck in the beginning with the old shoes was a los pollos truck, and the one later was marked differently?
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:30:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Ohhhh, I didn't realize that. I noticed the two trucks were different but in the same location, but I didn't catch that the shoes were the same.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:34:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 10:12:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Ohhhh, I didn't realize that. I noticed the two trucks were different but in the same location, but I didn't catch that the shoes were the same.
View Quote
Shoes were same down to the bullet hole on the toe. The opening scene was to show that gus moved in on the route.

The doctor scene wasn't very clear but it must have been setup by gus for it to make sense
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 10:14:57 AM EDT
[#11]
I think the trial will finally give us the insight as to why Chuck is so crazy. Jimmy/Kim wont hold back with his questioning. Good opportunity for the writers to revisit the past we don't know about yet. Character witnesses? would be cool to see Chucks ex wife called in.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 10:17:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Extended sneak peek on A&E, don't watch if you don't want to know
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 10:54:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Extended sneak peek on A&E, don't watch if you don't want to know
View Quote
Here's hoping Hank and Gomez make an appearance; even if limited.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 10:56:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Mikes Rifle looks like a Georgia Precision USMC M40A1. I love it.
View Quote
The "G.A." in G.A. Precision stands for "Gnats Ass", not Georgia.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 11:39:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

They may be witnesses, but what did they really witness. Jimmy's biggest charge is the feliny B&E, but take note of the prosecutor's question to Chuck about the locks. First, she finds out that he had keys, then she finds out that Chuck didn't ask for keys back, and then she finds out that Chuck had the locks changed without Jimmy knowing.

Chuck freely admitted that Jimmy was the primary care gover for a long time and was only recently supplanted by Chuck's subbordinates. To me, this gives Jimmy completely reasonable cause to expect to enter the home, which as far as he knew, he just couldn't get the key to work in that heated instance.

On the jury, I vote not guilty.
View Quote
I'd like to see what happens when (if), Howard and the P.I. are put on the stand and asked why they were at
Chucks place?

What are they going to say, that they were setting Jimmy up and were expecting him, or lie and come up
with some other reason?

I know Howard is a seasoned, experienced lawyer, but does he have it in him to lie on the witness stand?

It's a stretch, but it might occur to Jimmy that when he got there, he didn't see Howard's car anywhere in sight.

Jimmy/Kim goes knocking on a few doors, and finds a neighbor that spotted Howard sneaking through the backyards.

Howard lies on the stand about why he was there, Jimmy produces the witness, and Howie is fucked.

Not only does Jimmy win, he gets two birds with one stone.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 12:30:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Shoes were same down to the bullet hole on the toe. The opening scene was to show that gus moved in on the route.

The doctor scene wasn't very clear but it must have been setup by gus for it to make sense
View Quote
same doctor that Gus and Mike were treated by in Mexico when Gus poisoned the Cartel bosses.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 12:32:18 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't see Howard lying on the stand.  Howard is a "me first" kinda guy, and he's getting tired of Chuck's shit.  He puts up with him because of his father and Chuck's relationship.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 12:44:32 PM EDT
[#18]
I can't wait for Chuck to flip out, it's going to be grand.  
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 12:57:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I can't wait for Chuck to flip out, it's going to be a grand mal seizure.  
View Quote
Complete with doing the funky chicken on the floor, eyes rolled back into his head, foaming at the mouth
and biting his tongue.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 1:16:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Mikes Rifle looks like a Georgia Precision USMC M40A1. I love it.
Yep look exactly like George's gun.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 1:57:11 PM EDT
[#21]
I rewatched the episode since I fell asleep the other night.
Mike sure went through a lot of trouble to plant drugs on that truck.

1) knowing when the truck would come by and stop (this had to take lots of surveillance)
2) shooting the planted shoes, after he shot off a few rounds to make the drivers suspect hunters
3) the drugs blowing into the wind and on to the back of the truck so the dogs would get a hit at checkpoint.

All of this to allow Gus to get the route and jump starting their relationship.

This all made for a good show but it does get slow
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 2:04:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'd like to see what happens when (if), Howard and the P.I. are put on the stand and asked why they were at
Chucks place?

What are they going to say, that they were setting Jimmy up and were expecting him, or lie and come up
with some other reason?

I know Howard is a seasoned, experienced lawyer, but does he have it in him to lie on the witness stand?

It's a stretch, but it might occur to Jimmy that when he got there, he didn't see Howard's car anywhere in sight.

Jimmy/Kim goes knocking on a few doors, and finds a neighbor that spotted Howard sneaking through the backyards.

Howard lies on the stand about why he was there, Jimmy produces the witness, and Howie is fucked.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They may be witnesses, but what did they really witness. Jimmy's biggest charge is the feliny B&E, but take note of the prosecutor's question to Chuck about the locks. First, she finds out that he had keys, then she finds out that Chuck didn't ask for keys back, and then she finds out that Chuck had the locks changed without Jimmy knowing.

Chuck freely admitted that Jimmy was the primary care gover for a long time and was only recently supplanted by Chuck's subbordinates. To me, this gives Jimmy completely reasonable cause to expect to enter the home, which as far as he knew, he just couldn't get the key to work in that heated instance.

On the jury, I vote not guilty.
Chucks place?

with some other reason?

I still say there's no way Howard can allow Chuck to testify and be cross-examined.  It would take Jimmy about 3 minutes to expose him as the nutbar he is.  And his mental issues are documented back several years.  For a lot of that time HHM has, with knowledge of his mental health, allowed him to do major work for clients.  If Jimmy goes scorched earth (not to mention the now-fired Ernesto) on Chuck on the stand, the whole huge multimillion dollar firm is fucked.

My guess?  Howard is going to clam up to the DA, and take the PI (who presumably the firm is paying) with him.  It's his only play.  Why in the hell would Howard risk everything just to fuck Jimmy?  There's no upside to it for him.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 2:13:02 PM EDT
[#23]
My guess is Jimmy walks in with a signed affidavit stating that he James Morgan McGill will no longer practice law in the state of New Mexico.
Howard strongly encourages Chuck to go along with this he does and Jimmy petitions for a name change and transfers his New Mexico law license to Saul Goodman.
How this will effect Kim I dunno but in BB we see that Saul solo practices out of a small strip mall and has take a slightly trashily transformed Francesca with him as his receptionist.

But yeah it would make sense that prim and propper Howard's HH&M persona would be greatly threatened by any witnesses that could testify to his trespassing and sneaking through
their backyards over their fences in order to entrap Jimmy...

Next week will be another fun filled episode..can't wait.

The opening faded tennis shoe scene was a terrific device to show time going by and Los Pollos Hermanos truck having replaced Salamanca's ice cream truck on the route...
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 2:37:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 2:38:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 3:04:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Mike was.meeting the Mexican doctor to get a package of drugs from him.  He put that in the shoe and shot the shoe this setting up the drivers without them knowing it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 3:05:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My guess is Jimmy walks in with a signed affidavit stating that he James Morgan McGill will no longer practice law in the state of New Mexico.
Howard strongly encourages Chuck to go along with this he does and Jimmy petitions for a name change and transfers his New Mexico law license to Saul Goodman.
View Quote
don't believe that's an option. if your legal name/id is george washington, you aren't released from child support, mortgage, warrants, license suspensions, contracts etc. if you change your name to thomas jefferson.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 3:08:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Or Howard steps in to conceal how much of a loon his fellow named partner is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think the trial will finally give us the insight as to why Chuck is so crazy. Jimmy/Kim wont hold back with his questioning. Good opportunity for the writers to revisit the past we don't know about yet. Character witnesses? would be cool to see Chucks ex wife called in.
Or Howard steps in to conceal how much of a loon his fellow named partner is.
Can Howard actually conceal Chuck's condition?    I imagine Jimmy would do everything he could to ensure Chuck's "condition" became a part of public record.

As others have said, I seriously doubt HHM wants Chuck's true mental state to be publicly known.

Remember that remark Howard said after he finished listening to the tape?   Something along the lines of "I wish you would have told me about your plans."
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 3:31:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I drove by the scene as they were filming and noticed the two trucks and thought to myself how are they going to tie the two trucks together at the same time? Now it makes sense, I saw the tennis shoes hanging and the two mules were filming the scene where they were hiding behind the sagebrush while shots were being fired. The scene was shot on the way to the Montessa transfer station, south of ABQ where the off road area is, I was on my way to the transfer station hauling yard waste.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 4:08:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 4:19:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I meant more along the lines of convincing Howard to drop it or back off of his demands...  maybe he comes with just forcing Jimmy to abandon his surname.
View Quote
You think Chuck would go for that?   I get the impression Chuck isn't so much embarrassed Jimmy is practicing law under the McGill name as much as Chuck sees Jimmy as a "Chimp with a machine gun." 

I can't imagine he would settle for anything short of Jimmy giving up his license.     On another note; I have to imagine Howard is getting tired of Chuck and his antics.     I know I would be.   Of course I've been wrong before.

Better Call Saul - Jimmy figures out the truth about Chuck
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 4:20:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 4:26:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

don't believe that's an option. if your legal name/id is george washington, you aren't released from child support, mortgage, warrants, license suspensions, contracts etc. if you change your name to thomas jefferson.
View Quote
Yeah but it won't be a suspension it would be a voluntary surrender of his license and a promise not to practice in the state of NM under the name James M McGill....maybe...

We do know 1. Jimmy changes his name so Saul Goodman (It'sall goodman) and 2. he is still able to practice law in NM (so he doesn't get disbarred)...
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 4:29:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yeah but it won't be a suspension it would be a voluntary surrender of his license and a promise not to practice in the state of NM under the name James M McGill....maybe...
View Quote
Remember in BB how everyone is surprised he's Chuck's brother..
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 4:39:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Remember in BB how everyone is surprised he's Chuck's brother..
View Quote
When did that happen in BB?   I'd like to go back and watch that.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 4:42:12 PM EDT
[#36]
I don't believe HHM would want to go to court.  When Chuck brought the tape to him he said it would be too embarrassing to the firm to actually use it.  If they take Jimmy to court over the B&E the tape and what was on it has to come out.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 4:58:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I don't believe HHM would want to go to court.  When Chuck brought the tape to him he said it would be too embarrassing to the firm to actually use it.  If they take Jimmy to court over the B&E the tape and what was on it has to come out.
View Quote
That and whatever happens Jimmy has to beat Chuck at some sort of con...has to outsmart him or out lawyer him using Jimmy tactics that Chuck hates as "shortcuts".
Of course we know that Chuck is OK with his own shortcuts and does not see his own hypocrisy.

When Chuck stayed by his dying mothers bedside but Jimmy had to go get something to eat before mom died she called out for Jimmy and when Chuck said 'No mom it's me Chuck" she still
called out for Jimmy...and when Jimmy asked Chuck if their mom has said anything before she passed...Chuck said "no".
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 7:01:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You think Chuck would go for that?   I get the impression Chuck isn't so much embarrassed Jimmy is practicing law under the McGill name as much as Chuck sees Jimmy as a "Chimp with a machine gun." 

I can't imagine he would settle for anything short of Jimmy giving up his license.     On another note; I have to imagine Howard is getting tired of Chuck and his antics.     I know I would be.   Of course I've been wrong before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImJ9i0TC_Jg
View Quote
Chuck is a crazy, borderline narcissist, who is threatened by his brother.   ....and he needs to die.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 7:44:07 PM EDT
[#39]
If you notice it when Jimmy was arrested and he took off the ring, he became Saul.  His demeanor changed somewhat and his speech and body language subtly changed to Saul.

He's back!!!!
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 8:04:37 PM EDT
[#40]
How realistic is that drug dogs sniffer?? Mike gets some powder on their bumper, they drive down the road 50-60mph for even a few miles and all that powder would be gone!
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 8:12:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
If you notice it when Jimmy was arrested and he took off the ring, he became Saul.  His demeanor changed somewhat and his speech and body language subtly changed to Saul.

He's back!!!!
View Quote
that doesn't make sense. he wears the ring in breaking bad, bcs showed us why he wears it when his con man buddy dies. it's not like he's going to hop into a phone booth and do a quick change like superman. they're one and the same...even when he introduces himself to walt, he goes on to tell him the name was chosen so some of his clientele will feel better thinking they have a jewish lawyer
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 8:14:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

That's cool

I'm curious... how long ago?   I always wondered how far in advance the scenes are shot before they end up on TV.
View Quote
It was three or four months ago.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 8:16:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
How realistic is that drug dogs sniffer?? Mike gets some powder on their bumper, they drive down the road 50-60mph for even a few miles and all that powder would be gone!
View Quote
we've heard horror stories of people getting tsa raped at airports because they used a bag on a range trip and it smells like gunpowder. i'm not sure how sensitive the k9's are, but i've seen enough hunting dogs work that it doesn't seem that far fetched to me
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 8:46:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

We do know 1. Jimmy changes his name so Saul Goodman (It'sall goodman) and 2. he is still able to practice law in NM (so he doesn't get disbarred)...
View Quote
That's assuming that Saul Goodman isn't a really good fake identity, like the one he uses as the Cinnabon manager.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:25:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Probably wouldn't take much at all, even a few particles should be enough to trigger a response.
They even have dogs now that can sniff out USB drives.

There's enough nooks and crannies for something to be caught up in...

Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:30:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I rewatched the episode since I fell asleep the other night.
Mike sure went through a lot of trouble to plant drugs on that truck.

1) knowing when the truck would come by and stop (this had to take lots of surveillance)
2) shooting the planted shoes, after he shot off a few rounds to make the drivers suspect hunters
3) the drugs blowing into the wind and on to the back of the truck so the dogs would get a hit at checkpoint.
View Quote
I hate to complain about a great show but that scene was stupidly over complicated and unrealistic.

What if Mike gets caught at or past the border with a rifle in his trunk? What if the truck parks one foot off the mark? What if the truck occupants take off at the first sound of gunfire? What if the dog doesn't hit on the truck? Etc.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 11:34:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Chuck is a crazy, borderline narcissist, who is threatened by his brother.   ....and he needs to die.
View Quote
That pretty much sums up my impression of Chuck.       I'd put money on either him winding up dead or committed to an asylum somewhere by the end of this.

I have to say, having known people like him, watching him melt down is extremely pleasant.

I can watch this clip over and over again and it never gets old.

Link Posted: 4/26/2017 11:43:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Fuck Bob Odenkirk.

The only episode I will watch is if I find out he dies in it and his character is forever gone.

Used to be a fan of that show but not anymore.

Fuck that liberal asshole with a rusty hedge trimmer.
View Quote
You guys hate literally everything and everyone. What's it like to live in fear of liberals around every corner?
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 12:01:22 AM EDT
[#49]
I can't be the only person to realize that Jimmy is pretty much trying to practice law on the up and up;  some morally flexible advertising and squat cobbler fetish films not withstanding.

I mean he is practicing elder law.    He isn't an ambulance chaser or shaking businesses down for cash.  He isn't running the books for meth dealers or manufactures or getting violent criminals out of jail time.   He's just trying to make a living.

Jimmy is everything his brother said he couldn't be and he is slowly being made into everything Chuck feared he could be.

Amazing.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 1:28:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Truck scheme was too complex, but that's the show.  Didn't comprendo the flash forward on the first pass.

Really enjoyed the actors doing the geeky ADA friend and the ADA Hays from out of town, just really solid.

I always want to hug Kim when Jimmy's being an ass, like in court or in her office when he says he has to do it on his own.  

The last scene in front of the block wall was really beautiful.  The silhouettes of them holding hands is my new background for a while.
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top