Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 22
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:19:01 PM EDT
[#1]
WOW! from each episode it's getting better and better.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:19:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I fucking hate chuck.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck Chuck
I fucking hate chuck.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:23:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I constantly find myself annoyed and upset when the credits roll. "HOW?! It just came on!"

This show is absolutely brilliant. Jimmy fucked up twice tonight.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:24:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm guessing gus was supposed to sit with the guy at the restaurant, but either him or the guy noticed how conspicuous jimmy was being and whatever transaction should have taken place was called off?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:27:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm guessing gus was supposed to sit with the guy at the restaurant, but either him or the guy noticed how conspicuous jimmy was being and whatever transaction should have taken place was called off?
View Quote
I'm guessing Gus swept something up as he walked by.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:27:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Kinda hard to miss Jimmy swapping seats and staring a hole into the side of the guy's head. And then dumpster-diving.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:37:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm thinking that Gus noticed Jimmy and he was giving the signal to the guy to leave with the bag.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:38:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm about to watch the scene again and look out for that
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:40:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm thinking that Gus noticed Jimmy and he was giving the signal to the guy to leave with the bag.
View Quote
From BB we know that Gus was super smart and calculated every little decision. I think you're right. You could see him pause behind jimmy for a bit as jimmy was gawking at the guy and his bag. Gus undoubtedly noticed that.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:41:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Kinda hard to miss Jimmy swapping seats and staring a hole into the side of the guy's head. And then dumpster-diving.
View Quote
Yeah since it was clear there was a CCTV in use.

AB
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:44:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah since it was clear that CCTV was in use.

AB
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:06:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I constantly find myself annoyed and upset when the credits roll. "HOW?! It just came on!"

View Quote
and yet there are people that bitch about a slow plot and don't like the show because it's not a parade of cameos and stories from breaking bad
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:08:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
makes more sense
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 12:15:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Francesca was his secretary in BB. Fun to see her interview and blank slate. If i remember she became broken and numb as BB went on. Cracker barrel
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:18:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Francesca was his secretary in BB. Fun to see her interview and blank slate. If i remember she became broken and numb as BB went on. Cracker barrel
View Quote
I believe his nickname for her was "Sugar Tits"...  
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 7:31:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
and yet there are people that bitch about a slow plot and don't like the show because it's not a parade of cameos and stories from breaking bad
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a valid complaint IF the show was struggling to hold an audience, develop characters, and/or tell a story. This show? Not even close to having any of those problems.

Mike's opening scene(s) were suspenseful as hell, reminiscent to our beloved BB days. But I think they could've been better had they chosen NOT to set them to that weird music. Just imagine that whole entire escapade without any music. I think the tension would've been a lot higher.

Also, Mike going on no sleep is a recipe for disaster. I can't believe he and Jimmy met virtually in the parking lot after Jimmy's obvious stakeout. That was a slouchy move.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 7:35:50 AM EDT
[#17]
I just watched the final episode of Breaking Bad last night.  Woah!
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:15:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah as careful as Gus is I'm sure they have a pre-arranged signal.  That or if Gus sees something on the cameras he just doesn't go over to the drop guy and go "how is your meal today, can I get you anything?".
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:22:10 AM EDT
[#19]
Note it was easy to miss but Jimmy said "no wonder Rebekkah left you, what took her so long".

I had money on Chuck's wife getting electrocuted or something , which caused Chuck's electrical fear.  Turns out he is just crazy as a loon.

Whatever the result of Chuck's trap was doesn't work because Jimmy is a lawyer still in breaking bad.  I think slipping Jimmy will soon merge with Saul and Saul will show Chuck the real way to screw someone over.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:29:06 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Whatever the result of Chuck's trap was doesn't work because Jimmy is a lawyer still in breaking bad.  I think slipping Jimmy will soon merge with Saul and Saul will show Chuck the real way to screw someone over.
View Quote
I wonder if Chuck's house belonged to their parents. It might legally belong to both sons. Can't be convicted of B&E of your own home.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:30:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Note it was easy to miss but Jimmy said "no wonder Rebekkah left you, what took her so long".

I had money on Chuck's wife getting electrocuted or something , which caused Chuck's electrical fear.  Turns out he is just crazy as a loon.

View Quote
Yeah, I caught that too.  We haven't heard the last of that I'm sure.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:41:21 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Am I the only one wondering if Mike left the rifle in the car at the junk yard?
View Quote
While re-watching the episode last night before the new one, it seemed he took the rifle out of the car, as it wasn't shown when he was tearing through the car, and it appeared was using his own toolbox. I would assume he stopped at home first.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:44:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
makes more sense
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

makes more sense
I could have sworn when the guy got up with the bag there was something black and rectangular on the floor where the bag was sitting. I was waiting for Jimmy to mention it to Mike.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:35:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I could have sworn when the guy got up with the bag there was something black and rectangular on the floor where the bag was sitting. I was waiting for Jimmy to mention it to Mike.
View Quote
I thought the same thing, but if you look closely, it's a black tile. 
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:40:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ah, thanks. Didn't have a chance to watch it again yet. I will check it out again later.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 3:49:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

That's a valid complaint IF the show was struggling to hold an audience, develop characters, and/or tell a story. This show? Not even close to having any of those problems.

Mike's opening scene(s) were suspenseful as hell, reminiscent to our beloved BB days. But I think they could've been better had they chosen NOT to set them to that weird music. Just imagine that whole entire escapade without any music. I think the tension would've been a lot higher.

Also, Mike going on no sleep is a recipe for disaster. I can't believe he and Jimmy met virtually in the parking lot after Jimmy's obvious stakeout. That was a slouchy move.
View Quote
the cold open with funky music is a stylistic thing gimple does and did in BB as well. i like it when it's done well.  no dialogue needed:

Wendy / Windy Breaking Bad & The Association
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 3:56:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
While re-watching the episode last night before the new one, it seemed he took the rifle out of the car, as it wasn't shown when he was tearing through the car, and it appeared was using his own toolbox. I would assume he stopped at home first.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Am I the only one wondering if Mike left the rifle in the car at the junk yard?
it showed up in the preview, so it's safe to assume so
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 3:58:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
i did a double take too, but yeah. floor tile
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:51:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Gus has his back to Jimmy and is blocking his view to the guy.  Gus could have quickly said 'leave now and take the bag with you'.

Quoted:

Toolbox belongs to the salvage yard (they rent tools).

The tool box is marked 'Property of Five J's...

Goes to show you just how much attention the producers pay to details
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:57:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

i did a double take too, but yeah. floor tile
View Quote
Watched again to satisfy my curiosity. Floor tile for sure.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 5:58:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Gus has his back to Jimmy and is blocking his view to the guy.  Gus could have quickly said 'leave now and take the bag with you'.

http://i.imgur.com/zSYl5ku.png

Toolbox belongs to the salvage yard (they rent tools).

http://i.imgur.com/tH1gYT0.png

The tool box is marked 'Property of Five J's...

http://i.imgur.com/ZwlK0y5.png

Goes to show you just how much attention the producers pay to details
View Quote
Nice catch on the toolbox!
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:39:53 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:34:07 PM EDT
[#33]
I agree that Jimmys outburst was a bad move but I totally understand it.

The tape rolling was dredging up memories of e very last time he was family with Chuck, when he was a brother instead of a Judas.

Yes, Chuck was a cunt for blocking Jimmy at HHM all those years, etc but that tape was a step beyond that. It was an active stab in the back of the man who cared for him.

It's not easy being a lawyer, even if you disobey rules like Jimmy does. But Jimmy tried to build his own firm while at the same time taking care of a mentally handicapped brother. Chuck truly ended his family.

The comment about Rebecca drew a pained look from Chuck, I don't imagine it's the last we have heard of that either.

And Hamlin wasn't out of shape, those suits aren't designed for agility like that.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:06:51 PM EDT
[#34]
There's absolutely nothing to like about Chuck.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:21:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:28:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Oh good.  Usually it airs in February.  I was afraid it was canceled.
View Quote
I'm going to come right out and say the obvious. This show blows. I had high hopes for it but it is like a boring day time soap.

Nothing ever happens.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:29:37 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

the cold open with funky music is a stylistic thing gimple does and did in BB as well. i like it when it's done well.  no dialogue needed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXhRoY-Utxo
View Quote
While I generally agree, I think that scene without music would've been pretty awesome.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:58:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I'm going to come right out and say the obvious. This show blows. I had high hopes for it but it is like a boring day time soap.

Nothing ever happens.
View Quote
Not everything can be as excellent as Rambo, Bad boys and Fast and Furious.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:42:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:50:38 PM EDT
[#40]
That was a great episode!
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:50:51 PM EDT
[#41]
What a self inflicted kick in the nuts...
For some reason I thought BCS was aired on Tuesdays. ...
Missed the episode you guys are talking about. ...
Watched Street Outlaws. ....it was good but I'd have rather watched BCS and taped Street Outlaws. ..
Fuuuuudge
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:54:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
There's absolutely nothing to like about Chuck.
View Quote
Not true

Part of Chuck wants to save Jimmy from turning into Saul.  Part of Chuck wants to settle old childhood scores.   The show, up to this point, has been about those 2 factors intersecting.

Chuck is too righteous and self-absorbed to realize all Jimmy has wanted up to this point is Chucks love and acceptance.  That died with the tap recording and now we get Saul.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:10:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
  That died with the tap recording and now we get Saul.
View Quote
I also think that a big step toward saul happened in an instant when jimmy was stripping the tape off the wall at his office. He was rolling it with his thumbs like chuck taught him. At that moment he realized that he has been spending far too much time trying to conform to what he thinks chuck wants him to be. He ripped the last piece of tape off the wall in final defiance of chuck. Time for jimmy to be jimmy. Saul is closer than ever.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:11:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Not true

Part of Chuck wants to save Jimmy from turning into Saul.  Part of Chuck wants to settle old childhood scores.   The show, up to this point, has been about those 2 factors intersecting.

Chuck is too righteous and self-absorbed to realize all Jimmy has wanted up to this point is Chucks love and acceptance.  That died with the tap recording and now we get Saul.
View Quote
Also not true
That if Chuck died
Anyone at the office would look back and say
I miss the way Chuck was an absolute asshole
Always....
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:16:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I also think that a big step toward saul happened in an instant when jimmy was stripping the tape off the wall at his office. He was rolling it with his thumbs like chuck taught him. At that moment he realized that he has been spending far too much time trying to conform to what he thinks chuck wants him to be. He ripped the last piece of tape off the wall in final defiance of chuck. Time for jimmy to be jimmy. Saul is closer than ever.
View Quote
Excellent observation. I forgot about scene last season.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:16:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yep
Also, as if there would be any skin left instead of raw bloody thumbs....
Typical lawyer idea, do it this way, while doing it for one minute
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 11:30:59 PM EDT
[#47]
What this episode represented was Jimmy as far away as he can possibly get from his true self.

He is domesticated and nice. Painting walls, glad handing elderly clients, acting like a complete newb in the Pollos Hermanos, and letting Chuck force him into acting on emotion.

What he really is is Slipping Fucking Jimmy, legendary confidence man. Quick on his feet and looking out for #1.

He is ultimately a fish out of water and (more importantly) vulnerable.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:58:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Nothing ever happens.
View Quote
It's not really a show for people who want Michael Bay-type action.

The beauty of the show is the methodology of it. It's an art.

The plot does roll slow but each the ending of each episode wants you to come back and see what happens next. It's all about catching the small details and putting the puzzle together.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:41:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Nothing ever happens.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh good.  Usually it airs in February.  I was afraid it was canceled.

Nothing ever happens.
lots of things are happening. we know whose ass it is, the fun part is learning why it's farting
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:50:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The only negative thing I have to say about Gus is how much older he looks now compared with Breaking Bad.

... which I know can't be helped.   Mike too but it's more noticeable with Gus.
View Quote
Tuco did not age gracefully at all, he looks old and fat.
Page / 22
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top